Chapter 4- Escaping

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I found myself sleeping on the dining table. I was waiting for my mother to come home the entire night. If I remember correctly, I arrived a little past 10pm then fell asleep past midnight. It was already seven in the morning. It is weird of my mother to be out this long. I was starting to worry. Where was she? Is she okay? As I changed my clothes, to head out and look for her despite the empty stomach, my phone suddenly rang. 

"Eomma? Where are you? Ehh?! I understand."

That was weird. She said she was okay and that I shouldn't bother looking for her since she'll be going back soon. It really is weird. What's worse is, I was starting to feel uneasy. I am alone at home. With no one to accompany me. It's not like I can call over Krystal to just come over. She was from a well-off family and I bet they were having their fancy breakfast and shiz. I don't like feeling alone. It has become an instinct on my part. I grew up with such a fear. With nowhere else to go, I decided to head over to Sulli's. Hope they don't mind.

---------------------

A doorbell? That is weird. It is early in the morning and I bet no customer of the bar would be particularly interested to drink this early. That will be really odd. Not too mention I just woke up and here I am, fresh from a bath. As soon as I got dressed, I wiped my hands and came to see who it was. 

 "Amber?" I called on her name with surprise. What was she doing here? She waved curtly and I invited her in. Her hair looks tousled. It's not as if it is windy outside. "If you want, the thermostat is still on. Take a bath and borrow some clothes from Sulli."

"Do you two casually invite people to shower in your bathrooms?" 

"If you don't want, I can turn off the shower right now, take your pick."

Hurriedly, she stood and asked where the towels were. I pointed where they were and I woke Sulli for her to fetch some clothes for our visitor. I pushed her around with my foot, nudging on her leg.

"Yeah, lazy head. Wake up! We have a visitor, grab some of your clothes.."

"Mwoh? Who?" She asked, half-awake.

"Amber.."

"Ehh?!" Sulli shouted in surprise and hurriedly, she went off of her bed and grabbed some clothes to let Amber borrow. Sulli looked adorable as she hurriedly did that and shyly knocked on the bathroom door. Our house isn't really anything grand. It was a simple two-storey apartment. The ground floor held the bathroom, our kitchen and Sulli's room. The living room served as the dining area as well. My room was upstairs and a stockroom.

---------------

I went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. "Ugh, eggs again."

Moments later, the two came out of Sulli's room, looking fresh. Amber was wearing the board shorts that Sulli can't wear well. It suited her. Why did I say that? "Find a spot. I cooked breakfast." The two of them occupied their respective corners on the living room and happily digged in once I handed it to them.

"So what brings you here Amber?" Sulli asked.

"Ahh, well. No one is home. My mom went out a bit. I'd feel bored, so I ought to might as well go to you guys. You are my only friends in the area. I mean, I have friends in university but they live quite far from here."

"Ooh. You go to university? What degree are you taking?"

"I'm studying design, clothes and stuff like that." Amber replied. Sulli clapped her hands in amusement. If Amber didn't say she was studying design, I would've never assumed she is a student taking up such a course. I was expecting something more physical? She's not the most feminine girl I've met. Not Feminine, huh?

"Thank you for the food oppa! I'll be heading out in a bit. I need to buy some food for the bar. Those that you bought yesterday are no good. I should've gone out and bought them myself. Anyway, you two entertain yourselves while I'm out. Laters!" 

"Sulli, wait!" I shouted at her. Darn, that girl is so playful at times. She hurriedly crossed the street and went off to the store in the speed of light. What was I supposed to do here with Amber? Awkward. She was still eating the breakfast I gave her, enjoying last bit of food there is.

"Thank you for the food." She said. I took the plate from her and washed the dishes and the cookware I used. The sink is clogged again, crap.

"Are you the only two that live here?" Amber asked as she scanned through the living room. 

"Yeahp.. just the two of us. We learned to live alone since our parents went away."

"Ehh?"

"Remember when I told you, when I can't look at Sulli roma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter