Chapter 45- Arguments and Resolutions

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a blow to the gut and most of all to my ego. I know our team was more than skilled. We were practically few of the best hunters out in the market but we were swept. We were swept and were left to eat the dust. It hurt my pride up to a certain point. I never liked admitting defeat. The only time I conceded was when Amber finally made her choice in choosing Kibum.

We were injured, most of us were. Luna was unscathed but her husband, Onew, took quite a blow. He was shot near his thigh which made it difficult for him to walk. Joonyoung was grazed by bullets because of Seohyun's gun frenzy. We had to sedate her to calm her down. By the time Chansung escaped out of the window, she still kept on shouting. Key was shot at the shoulder and here I am bleeding near my left arm without me even knowing it.

It hurt. It hurt bad. The fact that we lost despite pulling through this far frustrated me. Let alone, we were stupid enough to fall for their trap. Rescuing a captive so easily can only happen in an ideal world. We were far from an ideal world. The very simple reason that our family is so messed is enough reason to say that reaching an ideal world is far from happening. We were impaled. The moment we left the third floor of the warehouse and headed over to our car, Key ran immediately out of the door to go and look for Amber. None of us bothered to even stop him. Luna assisted Onew back over to the car while Joonyoung tried his best to lift Seohyun. I trailed behind my cousin.

His stifled cries that despite being stifled were still heard from quite a distance. It was sufficient enough for me to know that indeed Amber was taken. Not only that, the car she was in and some of our equipment that Doojoon brought along was also there. I called over for Joonyoung to get some help. We weren't the only ones that were injured. Min and Doojoon were lying on the cold cement of the street, both unconscious. I didn't see any blood dripping from them but I guess they received blow to the heads or were drugged to sleep with chloroform. Kibum was on his knees, crying. 

Our worst fear has come true, Amber's been taken as well.

 

------

 

I was the only one healthy or rational enough to drive. Doojoon and Min were still unconscious by the time we arrived. They were brought into a room to regain consciousness. Luna asked everyone to gather at the living room so that she can slowly tend to us that were hurt. Seohyun was brought into a separate room free of any guns or weapons. The last thing we need right now is for her to go all psychotic even with just a mere mention of Chansung's name. The ahjumma that was looking over Kibum's mother's house panicked at the sight of blood and bullet wounds.

"I've tended to Onew oppa while were in the car. He'll be fine for now, The bullet managed to not touch or tap into his major vein. A few centimeters more and we would've suffered blood loss right then and there. I've stitched one of the two bullet graze Joonyoung received. What Seohyun did there was crazy. As for you, well, I didn't realize you were shot Jonghyun.."

"Neither did I. I was still able to fire the gun which hit Chansung just near the shoulder. It only came to me when I started to look at all of you especially Key. I felt this stinging sensation near my arm and there it was. I was actually hit by a bullet."

I've had very few  bullet wounds in the entirety of my work. I am fortunate that my targets aren't really that well-equipped with weaponry. Because of that, I rarely see bullets being pulled out of me. I was trying not to look with what Luna was doing to my arm. She had gauze, water, alcohol, povidine iodine and a forceps. She cleaned my wound with water that stinged so badly that I hissed in pain. She grabbed the forceps and slowly put it into the puncture wound. I closed my eyes but was cringing just at the thought of it. Next thing I know, I hear a clanking sound and the bullet was taken out. She slowly stitched it and covered it with gauze to prevent it from getting infected.

"Thanks.."

"It's all good. Where's Key?"

I pointed to where Key was but we were both suprised to find that he was not there. I panicked a little bit inside and was relieved when he finally came out of the bathroom with a bloody hand. Luna headed over to his side to see what happened. She slapped Key by the arm and nagged him about pulling out the bullet by himself. He did it so sloppily that that the actual entry wound widened. She dragged him over to the living room to stitch and patch up the blotched job that he did. 

"You actually had to be stupid enough to remove the bullet without even disinfecting your wound, Key-ssi."

"I didn't know but thank you for the concern."

"Why did you have to do that, Kibum?"

"Everyone was injured.. The least I can do is help myself and free Luna from the burden of tending to me. Her husband got it bad, Joonyoung and you as well."

"I'm used to doing this quickly since Onew oppa and I tend to receive bullet shots and stuff like that whenever we go on a hunt. Nonetheless, everyone will be fine. To be honest, I didn't expect it would be this bad."

We grew silent. None of us expected it would turn out this bad. We were confident that all of us would escape the encounter clean from any wounds or scratches of some sort and somehow it took us by suprise. We fell into their trap and let alone Hyuna and Chansung were there. They were two that were closest to my age and Key's. They were part of the race that our aunts and uncles would use to prepare when we were young to see who would the best be. Key would always reign victorious while I trailed behind. Hyuna is a natural but she tends to be lazy in doing tasks asked of her. Chansung is just messy. He uses his brute force to get the job done.

We were all hurt by what happened.. Not just physically. We were distraught and somehow I can't help but feel responsible because I know that despite the fact that all of us aware that we signed up our lives for danger, I brought and invited these people in to risk their lives for someone they don't even know. 

Soon enough, the ahjumma offered us some tea. It was already quite late when I checked the clock, 10:43p.m. Onew already fell asleep. Of course his wife would be looking after him.. Seohyun, well, we drugged her so she's still asleep. Joonyoung is on the verge of falling asleep as well. Min finally woke up and is resting at the couch while Doojoon is yet to regain consciousness. Key was in deep thought.

"I know what you're thinking. You wish to leave here as soon as possible to rescue Amber but it would be extremely dangerous to leave now. A lot of were injured, including you. It would be extremely stupid on our part to attack them like this."

"I am well aware of that, hyung. Personally, I don't want to risk everybody's lives so soon.. Not after what happened today."

"Don't punch yourself for what happened to Amber. We took precautionary measures. We had Min and Doojoon with her. It's just that they brought in company that were stronger than those two. Heck, I didn't even know they would tag Hyuna along. You know that she's one of the best of us. It's just that she tends to be lazy but she's a natural killer."

"Let alone, Chansung. Heck, that guy is practically a living tank."

I sipped in my tea only to spit it out since it was still so hot. Key's phone rang and he excused himself to talk. I am not sure who it was. Though I highly doubt it's uncle. He hasn't been in contact with me nor Key since this whole trip started. I don't know what happened to him. He's more than capable but somehow I have this gut feeling within me that is telling me that things aren't going so well for him. It's stressing me out. Add to that our current situation.. I promised everyone that each and one of us will come out alive, especially Amber. She's the one, I wish to keep safe the most but with them taking her. I can only punch myself for not being capable enough.

 

 

We called it a night early but I was barely able to sleep. How can I? There was an empty space beside me on the bed I was lying on. It breaks my heart that they were able to take Amber without us, I, putting up a fight. They injured us, impaled us and left us to eat the remains of their preliminary victory.
But other than pain of just losing Amber so suddenly like that, it was a jab to my ego. I can't do anything. I was so helpless. What was the point of being labeled as the golden child if you can't even do anything? My father was one of the best of his time during his allegiance to the family. He can finish a job quickly and cleanly without leaving a single trace. I don't know how he was able to escape the grasp of the family nor the exact reason why he didi it in the first place but somehow, here I am, wishing he could be here to teach me something. I loathe him. I really do. I was too young to hate on him for having another woman but Jinri came out of that. I know he loved my mother. We were both fools when it came to love.

"Doojoon has regained consciousness. Seohyun is still groggy but she's awak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter