Chapter 10- Dream

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have I mentioned that I've always loved drawing? That I've always loved seeing inspiration around me. When I was in high school, I didn't make a lot of friends. I didn't like to hang out with other people. I'd rather stay on the rooftop of the school and draw, design and the like. It was the only talent I knew and others recognized. When it came to drawing competitions and such, my class would cheer me on. It was the only moment I was popular and had instant friends. Of course, they'd want to win. But nonetheless, I was the lonely girl. I was the girl with the weird name and the girl with no father. 

I knew my calling when I was graduating high school. I wasn't a bad student. To be honest, I did well in my studies. I may not be the best in Science or Math, I was ranking quite well in my class. I was definitely in the top 10 of our class. I was proud of those achievements but when everybody else were taking engineering or science related degrees for university, I decided to take design. Most of my professors persuaded me to take another path but I refused. It was what I wanted and it I shall follow.

"So, is it correct that you are here because of the scholarship requirements?"

"Yeah.. I was informed that I need to work around here during the weekends, at least during the morning."

"Okay, I understand. Well, I'll lead you to the receiving area of our senior supervisor. She'll be taking care of you from there on."

I bowed my thanks. Only did I know about this a day before. Sulli herself was against it, saying I might be too tired to work at the bar. It's been two weeks since that happening in the hospital. I've been trying to cope. I've made progress but..

"Excuse me.. Are you Ms. Liu?" A woman asked as she entered the room. She was beautiful. She wasn't too tall but she can definitely pass off as a model. Her waist was slender and she had thin legs. 

"Uhmm. Yes. I am."

"Okay.. I'm Goo Hara. Just call me Hara. It's fine. I am the senior supervisor at the intern department. I've.. ughh. I've read your file. It seems, you are under our scholarship program?"

"Uhmm. Yes."

"I see. Okay, well.. I've read your profile and it says that you are a design student, am I correct?"

"Yes.. That's correct."

She continued to scan through my profile. "Hmm.. Well, for now. You should stick with me. You answer to me directly. Since I handle the intern department, I also handle most of the junior employees. I'll be introducing some of them to you. We also have a meeting with the head of scholarship program. You've met him, I suppose?"

"Uhmm, I'm sorry.. But who are you referring to?"

"Mr. Choi? Choi Minho?"

Oh right. "Ohh, yes.. When I was recruited into the scholarship."

"Okay. Good. Come follow me."

We went out of the room, out into the hallway. Man, she walks fast. We walked along the hallways and saw the different ads of the designer brands they were able to bring into the country; Versace, Alexander McQueen, Gucci, Louis Vuitton and the like. They're a reputable company. What surprised me though was an ad for Ralph Lauren for the Korean market. 

"Hara-ssi, was that Mr. Choi?"

"Which one? The RL ad? Yeahpp. The coordinators themselves requested for him to star on it. He isn't a model by profession but he has ads here and there.. The designers like him."

Maybe that's why he seems so familiar. Perhaps I've seen his ads somewhere. 
We headed for the elevator and went to the 9th floor. Again, with her fast strides, we headed to a room and saw there were several people already there. They looked to our direction. Hara bowed and I did as well.

"Please, take a seat." Minho pointed out.  We entered. To be honest, I don't know why Hara-ssi brought me here. Isn't a board meeting, well for a board? and not including the interns or whatsoever? They discussed about a brand that they should bring into the Korean market yet again. They were thinking of a commercial brand, instead of  a fashion house. Several brand names came out, GAP, Cotton On, Diesel and the like. In all honesty, they were good but I don't see these brands going so far.

"Uhmm, excuse me."

"Amber, what are you doing?"

"I know this may be none of my business but taking it from a customer's persepective, why don't we bring to Korea H&M? or maybe Forever21? We want to market to the younger crowd of Seoul. They are the most fashion forward. We would want to bring in international brands that would house several styles for different crowds.." I suggested. Hara on the other hand dragged me down unto my seat while the others remained looking at me. Minho nodded his head. 

"Yeah.. You have a point. I never really considered those brands before but now that I think about it, you have a point. Mr. Park, please refer this to the executive board during the company meeting. I bet they would like this."

"I understand Mr. Choi."

He dismissed the meeting. Hara was about to drag me out of the room but Minho stopped us. "Hara, please. Leave us be. I would like to talk to Ms. Liu." Hara bowed and left.

"Sorry about that. I didn't mean to in but I just thought.."

"There is no need for you to apologize. It was a much needed suggestion. I think I made the right decision of taking you in our scholarship program." 

"Thank you. I really owe your company big time."

He sighed. "You know, you remind me of someone."

"Hmm?"

"You remind me of someone I know. She's full of passion and always looks at the future so brightly. She never runs out of ideas nor does she try to give up. It's just saddening that things have changed over the years. I don't know what happened and I don't know what I could do to help her."

"Perhaps time will heal those wounds. Give her time. I know she'll be better soon." He gave me smile. I then bowed and soon left. Things are looking good so far here at the company. I do wish things would continue as it is.

-------

Evening came. I missed working at the bar. It's been some time since I worked full time. After what happened to my mother, Sulli nor Key forced me to work at the bar again. They let me do my own business which I did appreciate. I am thankful they gave me my own space. I've learned to make some mixes a few weeks back so Sulli lets me help her.

"I'm glad you're back. It felt weird not having you around here anymore.."

"Sorry about not going here. I.."

"No need to apologize. Key oppa and I understand. What matters is that you're here again, right?"

The night went along pretty well. Key was entertaining the crowd with his music as they dran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter