Chapter 29- Backstage

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt like one big slur. It felt like I ate buffet for three straight  days and my body was already giving up on me. I was confused and at a loss of what was going on. Questions kept rambling in my head because of the way things didn't add up. No matter how much I try to process it, I can't comprehend what is going on.

The presscon ended with Donghae oppa not answering the question which most of these coming from the press and most definitely from the viewers at home. Donghae oppa had a lot of fans. Even though I wasn't fully aware that he was the designer behind the fashion line, I was aware on how much attention the brand is getting. I've seen it featured in ads, magazines, websites and billboards. I was surprised to find out that he was the designer behind it. But other than that, I was most surprised because of her. She has changed in ways unimaginable. The most evident would be her hair. It is dyed blonde and shaved a little on the side. The loose clothing she loved to wear back then changed and morphed into something that showed elegance.

"Before we proceed, we would like to invite everyone to the fashion show later this afternoon. We would like to inform everyone, including the viewers at home, that the hotel opened up another one of the events hall for us to use. We can accomodate an additonal three hundred people. It would be a first come-first serve basis. A fee of 36,000 won would be asked of you to be able to enter. Thank you and see you all later."

Everyone went out of the conference room with pretty much baffled faces. I saw groups of people whispering with each other. I know they were speculating about what just happened. I bet some of them are even thinking that the woman Donghae introduced is not his sister but perhaps even his lover. In all honesty, I really have no clue on what's going on so might as well not speculate on anything.

------

I no longer hesitated when I heard what she said on the television. I have more than enough money to spend so the ticket price is not a problem. The queue is what I am worried of. By the time I arrived with Hyorin, Woohyun and Sulli, the queue already took a turn along the entire block. There were two queues so I honestly feel that the amount of people would quickly sum up to three hundred.

"Why do you keep looking around, Key?"

"Woohyun, are you ready to get into trouble if ever?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"At this rate and looking at the amount of people, we won't be able to enter into the conference room and see the fashion show. I am sure the girls with us will agree to what I have in mind but knowing that you can be such a sissy, I need to ask you.."

"What sissy?! What is this plan anyway?"

I dragged all three of them out of the line and went into an alley just behind the hotel. Carefully, I made sure that no one would see once we enter through the door. "Oppa, what are you doing?"

"Shh.. Keep your voice down, Ssul. We have to be as quiet as possible."

We entered through the kitchen. It was quite a hustle and a bustle. A lot of the cooks and the head chef were shouting words that sounded either French or English to me. It was quite difficult for us to cross but since they were busy we were lucky since most of the staff were busy preparing food since dinner is coming in a few moments. We made it and amazingly we were able to pass through the security at the entrance of the event hall. A lot of the fans that were not able to reach the limit are complaining so they had that as a distraction. It worked well for us. I admire their dedication but we are smarter. Key and friends:= 1; fans = 0.

"That was some smart move you did over there Key. Not only did we not have to pay, I spy some seats over there where we could sit and have a good view of the fashion show. I would be heading over there to reserve the seats.."
Hyorin pretty much headed to the spot she mentioned obviously excited that she gets to watch the fashion show of her favorite designer. Woohyun soon followed her. I swear, Woohyun has this thing for Hyorin. Maybe he doesn't know or acknowledge it himself but I just know. He follows her around like how a puppy is loyal to its master.

"Oppa. You don't have to force yourself to do this."

"No Ssul. I have to see for myself whether or not my eyes were fooling me. There was this instance the other day when the gang and I were eating at a ramen shop late at night. Someone passed by and I saw the face. I thought it was her. Her hair isn't dyed blonde then but I saw the face. I really thought my eyes were fooling me but it seems as if all of that would be verified today."

My sister held unto my arm. I know she is worried. I know that she might think that the four and more years I spent in trying to move on from her would deem unfruitful. I cannot really say anything but I know I am stronger than I was back then.
Soon enough, we took the seats Hyorin reserved for us. 10 minutes later and the lights dimmed focusing on the runway. 

A female model came out first. It seemed a little simple. A floral top with some ruffles, white pants with studs along the seams, silver pumps and a black handbag. Another came out and again she mad a floral top but now she had some sort of cardigan on top of it, black shorts and calf high boots. The girls walked and walked but what struck me the most was the last piece of the collection. It was a dress.. A long maxi dress that had intense volume on it. It was in the floral design similar to the entire collection but it appeared so special to me because I remember her designs. 

I remember the countless times she'd fall asleep in the living room or sometimes on top of her desk in her room. She would be designing clothes then needed as requirements

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter