Chapter 3- Familiarity

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wish you were there. There was a pretty interesting person that came along with Jinri that night. She looked odd and a little lost. I didn't know who she was nor does Jinri. She walked around the bar, taking orders, cleaning the tables and the like. It was nice to see that someone could help Jinri in the bar. I was the only company she knew and other than that, we rarely get the chance to make friends with other people. It's.. There are reasons as to why.

I played music in the bar. I've been playing the piano ever since I was young. Even before we moved here to Seoul, I'd been playing the piano. It was the only source of entertainment I had ever since. I had no other means to have fun. Our family, well my family, is unconventional? You can say that. Anyways, I played one of the musical pieces of Bach I learned way back. Rarely do Koreans enjoy it, I found it interesting she enjoyed what I played. She casually swung her head back and forth as I played. Interesting.

"Oppa, could you please hand me the bottle over there? Oppa..oppa?!"

"Huh?"

"I said, please hand me the bottle over there, near the counter.."

"Ahh, here."

"What's up with you? You'd been staring blankly at the wall since this morning. I was more than sure I cooked breakfast, so it's impossible that you're hungry. Are you sick?" Sulli asked as she touched his forehead.

"I'm fine Jinri!" I said as I smacked her hand off of my forehead.

"Yah! I told you to stop calling me that, didn't I? Ahh. Nevermind, I'll get the bottle myself. Could you just get me some food supplies we'll be needing tonight? Last night, was quite hectic. Please?" Sulli pouted.

I can't really refuse her when she does that. "Fine. I'll be back in a bit. By the way, there's a spider near your right hand."

"A, wha.. Kyaah!!"

I chuckled as I stepped out of the bar. It was really weird, the place we were working in. We built it ourselves, not so long ago. We decided to live across the street to make things easier for us. We don't have to travel or be bothered if someone would try to rob the bar. 

"Ohh, crap.. I forgot to ask what she wanted me to buy." That was kind of late to realize since I was already in front of the convenience store. "Nevermind, I'll just get what I myself might like."

We'd been around the neighborhood not too long ago. Around, three to four years? Jinri and I moved around a lot. We were lucky that there are not a lot of bars around the area, so those live near would usually go to us. We sell alcohol, not too expensive and we have food. Jinri isn't the best cook but her food is good enough to be eaten.

"Now, where are the rice cakes?" I scanned through the aisles. To my surprise, not so far, near the meat section, there she was. 

"Hey!"I shouted. She turned and looked to my direction. She waved hello. Cute.

I walked towards her. "What are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious what I am doing? Do I need to elaborate?" She retorted.

"Easy there.. I was just asking. Come on.." I jokingly replied as I put my arm around her shoulder to keep it casual. She immediately removed my arm. "Look, it's nice of you to greet me and all. But I don't want to bother you let alone upset my boss."

I chuckled. "Woah.. Sulli and I aren't like what you are thinking."

"Huh?"

"It's a long story but there is no way she is my girlfriend. I can never look at her romantically nor does she to me. Look, okay. We started off at the wrong footing here. Just call me Key." I said as I reached out my hand. She took it and replied.

"Amber.. Just call me Amber."

Amber, huh?. "All right, Amber. I've got to go. Sulli will nag me if I don't get her the things we need at the bar. Uhh, see you tonight?"

"Yeah, see you tonight.."

I bid my farewell. Amber.. Nice name.

--------------------------

"That was pretty interesting.." I said to myself. He seemed so casual and chill. In many ways I am not. He can talk to people so casually and direct. I noticed how he was last night. People complemented the way he played last night. He greeted everyone right after he bid me his hello. I, too, enjoyed his music. It was soothing. For a brief moment, I forgot my woes about Jonghyun and life in general.

Speaking of Jonghyun, he'd been calling si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter