Chapter 5- Loss and Gain of a Family

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were two blues, three reds and eight blacks. No whites were coming around .I'd been counting for the past hour. We had small streets, cars would rarely pass by. We were off the highway, so there weren't a lot of establishments around the area. Besides the bar I was working in, there was a convenience store and a small mart. If you'd want to go buy clothes, go to a mall. I was crying about ten minutes ago. I guess the tears have stopped or are drained. No more tears were left to be shed. 

The family I know is gone.My mother,the only family I had, forcibly let me out of her life. I was pushed out of our house. I cried by the door and kept banging it, pleading my mom to let me in. I didn't like what she did. I don't understand why she did that to that man but I won't judge her. I'd rather be condemned with her than be separated from her. But she chose differently. I tried calling her several times. It would ring at first but eventually she turned her cellphone off. No message, no call. She was firm on what she wants me to do and I hate it. 

"Finally found you.."

A panting Krystal called on me. She was the first person that came to mind who I can call. After all, she is my closest friend. For the second time, I cried out my heart to her. She just listened patiently and said that she will come over real soon. I was sitting near the bus station of our area and we agreed to meet there. Though,the whole house hitching is still something to be mentioned.

"Sorry about this Krystal.."

"No need to apologize, Ambs. I mean, come on? We're friends, sisters even. Come.."

I carried my bags and with the little dignity I have, wiped my tears. We drove along and I was blank. I was staring out unto the road with no thought on what I should do. I don't know where I could go. Though it would be nice if Krystal could let me live with her, her family isn't as welcoming as she is. Krystal says so herself. Her father was a famous athlete and her mother was a newscaster from a famous TV network. They are pretty high profile and still very much in the public eye. They've got this reputation to uphold that is why they filter even the friends of their children.

"We need to make you forget and wipe off that sadness on your face. It doesn't suit you. Jiyoung, Bora and Dasom are over at the mall. I called them up earlier and said I was going there with you. They said it was okay and that it'll be fun."

"Thanks, Krys.."

Those three were the other three friends of Krystal, though you can say I am the odd one out. They're from pretty well off families. They're nice as well though sometimes it feels a little awkward to join them since you'll get the privileged vibe every now and then. But it's tolerable and sometimes funny.

They were waiting in a cafe when we arrived. I left my bag in Krystal's car and followed her. They greeted me and said their hello-s though the air really is awkward. 

"Nice to have you around eonni." Dasom said.Eonni,I'm not used to it.

"Yeah. We really want to get the chance to hang out with you. You'd always leave early or if not be absent from class. You were lucky the professors didn't check attendance earlier and classes ended early. Where have you been?" Bora added.

"Well, I was working last night. I, uhh.. I woke up kinda late so I opted not to go to school.."

"You work? Mind if..." However, Dasom was cut.

"Shhh! Wait, wait.." Jiyoung hushed. "Can't you guys hear that?" 

"What?" The other two asked. I smiled curtly as they wondered what Jiyoung was reffering to. It was a song that was playing over the radio. Jiyoung looked like a fangirl flailing over something. I wouldn't be surprised if I find her in the bar one of these days. It sounded like Key's voice.

"Ohh gosh, that song is just so good.." 

"Who is the singer? He is pretty good." Krystal said.

"I don't know. Nobody really does. Though there were some fans that saw who the person is that submitted the demo over the radio. They said that the man didn't say who he was. He just wanted to remain anonymous.."

I smiled at the sight of these four girls. Going with Krystal was a lot more entertaining than I had expected. Jiyoung was still in fangirl mode while Dasom and Krystal bugged Jiyoung on details she knows about the singer behind the song. Being the oldest among us, Min was just indifferent about the whole sing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter