Chapter 25- Vulnerable

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've always seen him as a man of strong will. He's always been strong, affirmative and decisive. Not once, have I seen him show weakness around other people. We were young but I saw the man he ought to become. But I am no longer sure if the way I visioned him will ever play into reality once more. Nope, not after what happened. Heaven and earth both turned their backs on him. Not even Jinri can appease the pain her brother was feeling.

We received calls that night. I talked to them and was wondering who were at the other end of the line. Sure enough, I was surprised to hear it wasn't him. There were several voices speaking into the phone but it was clear that they wanted us to come over. Jinri and I rushed over to where they told us and we were shocked to worlds unimaginable.
The wreck was still there. The truck was shattered as it hit the pole. A shattered and flattened phonebooth was being dragged out by the rescue team and an ambulance was heard from afar. It was raining quite hard and we saw Key kneeling on the road opposite the wreck. He was just there kneeling, not giving a care whether he was already drenched.

"You're number was the only one in his recent calls other than another person. The other line was busy so we called yours. He's been like that for almost an hour and we can't really convince him to stand up."

"I understand. Thank you for your concern Ma'am."

Jinri and I bowed our heads to the ajumma that called us in. "Oppa.."

He just remained there motionless. Jinri's calls weren't enough to push him to stand from where he was. "Minho oppa.. help me, please."
"Key. You need to rest, come. We'll take you home." I dragged him by the arm and he eventually obliged to follow us. The ride was definitely quiet. I have no idea on what happened but it definitely involved the wreck. He wouldn't stay there unless he had knowledge of it or something.

Though one thing is clear, it affected him deeply.

------------

That's how we were about two hours ago. If it seemed so bad two hours ago, right now is a lot worse. Key was just up in his room while Jinri has been budging him to open the door for over an hour.
"Oppa, please. Come out of your room! What's going on? Please oppa. I'm begging you."

There was no response from him and it was pissing me off. I'd understand if he wouldn't voluntarily tell us what was going on but to disrespect his own sister like that, I can't tolerate it. I stomped my way upstairs.

"Yah! You could at least talk to your sister you idiot!"

"Minho oppa, don't."

Immediately, a click was heard and the doorknob turned. Key opened the door and I immediately landed my fist on his jaw.

"Minho oppa!"

"You need to wake up, Key. What the hell is wrong with you huh? I mean, are you kidding me? We went to over where you were and even brought you home. I would've understood if you don't want to talk about what happened but you don't have to disrespect your own sister like that."

"Minho oppa. Please, stop."

I grabbed Key by the collar and mocked him to fight back. I looked straight into his eyes and that's when I realized what happened. "No..You. You've got to be kidding me?!"
No words were heard from his mouth. He was just staring at me while I held unto his collar. It was more than enough to tell me that my hunch was correct. It horrified me. "It was her? Amber was in the phone booth?!"
"Oppa, what is Minho oppa saying?" Sulli inquired.

Key didn't give an answer yet again. Now it all makes sense to me, to us. Jinri just covered in shock as she was on the verge of tears. She ran out of Key's room and headed to hers. I leaned my back on the door frame while Key sat on the floor. The look in his eyes;they were so empty. They were so lifeless as if he has lost all hope.

"Hey, don't look so down. We can head to the hospitals near the wreckage. I bet we will find her there."

He just shook his head and once again, I had to drag his into the car. Jinri's eyes were red and slightly swollen. It was more than obvious she's been crying. We drove around the hospitals where the accident happened and by the fourth, we finally stumbled upon the hospital where they say an accident victim was brought to. We rushed to the emergency.

"Excuse me but we heard a victim of an accident was brought here? We believe she's the one we're looking for."

"Are you her relatives? Cousins? I presume?" the nurse said. The three of us only nodded. I didn't ask them but I was sure our hearts were beating like crazy.  We slowly took our steps and hoping within ourselves that Amber would be somehow all right. The nurse guided us through the emergency room, into the main lobby and up to the 3rd floor with the use of the elevator. She lead us to the Intensive Care Unit. I saw a small hint of hope creep unto Key's face when we arrived.

"Please wait here."

We waited uneasily for 15 minutes until the nurse came out. "I'm sorry. I was mistaken. Please, follow me."
Once again, we were on the elevator and the nurse clicked on the B button. I immediately thought, B? Basement? I didn't like what I was starting to feel. The elevator dinged and opened. A rather well lit but quiet corridor welcomed us. We went out of the eleva

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter