Chapter 20- She's Back

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have this pathetic smile plastered on my face. I've been at it since I woke up and I bet those people who have seen me act the way I am will think I am crazy or some sort of lunatic. But to tell you the truth, I could really care less. I don't really mind. Why should I bother what other people would think? You can't blame me.. I know some of us have experienced at some point in our lives that the people we love don't feel the same way. You end up feeling hurt, unwanted but somehow you still wish to wait and on such rare occasions, the wait will pay off. It is just a glorious feeling. It is like achieving a life long dream.
After all the that has happened in my life, I've never felt so alive.

"What's with the sighs and smiles Amber? Ahaha. You look like a fool."

"Cut me some slack Fei.. I'm just happy."

"Well then, I am happy for you as well but please help me. We've got workloads to do and Hara has been nagging me since this morning to carry over these boxes to the supply room."

"Why is she giving you all this hardwork? Why can't she give it to our male classmates. Aish.. She was never mean to me. I don't get it why she treats you so differently."

"To tell you the truth, I actually know Hara."

"Ehhh? How?"

"You see, we went to the same school together. She was a year ahead of me. She developed some sort of beef against me since I heard I was the reason why she and her boyfriend at that time broke up."

"What happened?"

"Well, I heard that her boyfriend liked me. He tried making a move while they were still together. Of course, I didn't agree but Hara hated me for it."

"Talk about scandalous. Who is this guy anyway?"

"You know Junhyung? The singer? Him."

"Woah, for real? Man, you have such long hair if he actually courted you. But damn, I can careless. I like his music but I don't particularly like him."

"You said it. He is talented but he is a jerk. Anyway, Mr. Choi asked me to forward you a message. He said that he needs you at his office by two. Thanks for the help, Amber. See you."

First and foremost, those boxes were heavy. Second, I never expected that Hara and Fei and knew each other on such a level. Anyway, I can't wait to talk to Krystal about the things that happened. It is quite unfortunate that Jonghyun is gone but perhaps that chapter of my life is over. I just need some work to get done and I am done for the day. 
I arrived at Minho's office a little past 11am. 

"You called?" I peeked in his office and was surprised to see that someone else was there. "Krys?"

I was correct. I squealed like a little girl and ran over Krystal. I didn't even mind that Minho was there and could actually reprimand me for what I did. But hell, I haven't met Krystal in a long time and it is so timely that I was wanting to see her. "Well, looks like I don't really need to tell you why I called you over.. Krystal was bugging me to call on you but I insisted you had some work to do."

"It's been boring at the office lately and I need some social life." Krystal said.

"Before that, Amber, please tell Mr. Song that I have forwarded the papers. He can expect it in about a week or so. Aish, you guys should go! Krystal looks so excited. Please send my regards to Mr. Song if you meet him."

Krystal dragged me out Minho's office and we headed to the parking lot. She showed me off her new car that she was able to save up for with her own money. We went around and about the city. We ate, we looked around, we talked and ate some more. It was something I missed doing with her. We finally stumbled upon a cafe near Agpujeong-do.

"It's nice to see you so doing well in Minho's company. He kept telling me that you have a bright future ahead of you, Amber.."

"Thanks. I am happy that the company recognizes the effort I am putting into what I am doing. I do hope they can support me in the long run."

"Well, that can be arranged. Anyway, I'm just stoked to tell you that Dad is actually doing great. We found a doctor abroad that can help us to somewhat lessen the damage caused by the poisoning. We'll be flying in three weeks. I came to company to tell you that. I haven't seen you in a while and I can't really bear to not see you. Anyway, what's up Ambs? The girls told me that you haven't been talking to them lately. Did something happen? Something I don't know?"

"You see.."

"You know you can tell me anything."

"Well.. it doesn't really matter. I am not angry at them or anything. It's just that things have been really busy lately. I've had no time. But that shouldn't bother.. Look, I've got something to tell you."

"Sure, anything."

"I officially broke up with Jonghyun. I talked to him yesterday and we talked about us. It was finally a mutual decision to end things.."

"It's great that you have finally settled things out but why do I feel you have even something meatier to tell me? Come on, spill!"

"It's about Key.. I know it's nothing official but Key and I.. We feel the same way. We, uhmm.. We actually kissed last night~~ Kyaah!" Again, I squealed like a kid who received candy. I was trying to be discreet as possible but it is becoming difficult considering how the ecstatic feeling came back. Krystal however was a different story.

"What's up, Krys? Shouldn't you be happy for me?"

"Don't get me wrong Amber.. I am happy for you but are you sure? Aren't things happening too fast? You just broke up with Jonghyun and are you sure you are not confused with what you are feeling towards Key?"

"I settled my feelings long before Krys. It's not like I jumped from one relationship to another? It's not like I cheated on Jonghyun. Of all people you should know I can't do that."

"Of course Amber.. I'm just conce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter