Jeju-do

Secret: Between The Two Idols

"Yah!! I was waiting for you, why are you check in first?" Someone pull your backpack. You turn around and Kyuhyun take your ticket from your hand.


"I didn't see you.." You bow to him and look around, "You're alone?" He’s in sneakers, jeans, plain white T and a black cardigan. Kyu also carries his small travel bag alone beside his backpack.

"Didn't I tell you that I will travel alone?" He laughs as he look at your appearance from head to toe and reverse. You wear white canvas sneakers, tight jeans, long tank top a simple varsity jacket and a backpack that the last time you use was probably on your second year of college.

You decided to come along with Kyuhyun, this time without preparation and totally spontaneous. Once you wake up at three am last night you directly book a ticket with the same flight as Kyuhyun and pack your things quietly in order not to wake Hyerin up, call a cab and wait at the airport.

"I'll get back here tonight. So you still have time to be alone tomorrow." You say to Kyuhyun while he wait for the staff to did the work.

"Don't worry about me, we'll having fun together." Kyuhyun answers while still looking at you,"So that's why you just brought this small bag?" he then turn to the staff when she ask for ID card.

When everything is done, you walk with Kyu to the terminal side by side although you still maintain a safe distant in order not make other people to notice about you. But as you look at him while still walking, he looks at you.

"Why?" Ask Kyuhyun looking at you curiously, "Why are you walking so far away from me?"

"Your fans might be look at us." You whisper.

"What the.." He holds your arm and drags you to be closer to him. "It's not like everybody would recognize me." He sigh, "If you act strangely they might get suspicious. Did Siwon Hyung always treat you like this every time you went out together?"

"No.." You answer him shortly since you're a little hesitant to talk about him right now.

It's around 30 minutes away to the boarding time so both of you just sit on the waiting room. Kyu busy with his tablet and you just looking around while sip on your drink.

"Did you lie to him when you said that you couldn't drink coffee?" He points at the cup you're holding without even look at it.

"It's green tea.. Oh! I also have one for you. Wait a second can you hold this for me.." You give him your cup and start to rummage through your bag to find a tumbler. You gave the tumbler to Kyuhyun. "I bought you green tea too!" You grin at him. "I actually planned to get you a bouquet I made one  for you last night, but it will bother you during the trip, so you have to call me if your Hyung take you to meet me again, okay?"

"You could just come to my musical. It will be more.. decent." He puts his tablet on his bag and start to drink from the tumbler. "Do you always treat Siwon Hyung like this?"

You sigh and clench your teeth. "Can I make a rule only for today?" You ask him. Kyuhyun just nods without think much about it. "You can't talk about Siwon during our trip. Not to me, not once. Can you?"

Kyuhyun look at you sharply, it's like his eyes drills to the very soul of you. Hesitantly he finally says, "Okay.."

 

...

 

"You look silly!" You yell at Kyuhyun

 

All alone, you are sit on a grass and looking at Kyuhyun and his friends jumping around to take a jumping photo while his friend’s girl, Miseon, take their photo with a sunny hill as their background.

After you arrive at Jeju airport, Kyuhyun friends and his girlfriend pick you up to take you and Kyuhyun for breakfast before sightseeing around.

But Kyuhyun suddenly wants to take a photo in front of a sunny hills that you just passed by. So four of you got out of the car and walked down on a sloppy small hill to the middle of a meadow.

You thought as Kyuhyun turned 26 this year he would be mature enough just to enjoy the view and the sun and take a normal photo before left. But... that dorky boy takes his friend to take a photo with him while jumping and make his girlfriend snap their photo.

After they content enough with the photo, she sits down beside you and draw a big sigh, "Boys will be boys.."

You laugh, "How long have you been in relationship with him?" You ask Miseon. At first you thought that she already knew Kyuhyun, considering his boyfriend is Kyuhyun high school mate, but it turns out she just met Kyu for the first time today.

"It passed two years. But I moved here about two months ago, I worked at Bucheon.. “ She turns around to you, “So.. how do you know Kyuhyun?" She looks at you anticipating for your answer. "Oppa said that Kyuhyun wants to take a quite vacation so he'll come alone."

"My friend is his close friend, so we ended up meeting each other. And it was actually a sudden decision last night, so maybe he got no chance to explain it to your oppa." You smile to her but then look at Kyuhyun who's busy looking the photo result on his phone with his friends.

"I never thought that he would be this nice, I mean he's from super junior, but he doesn't act like celebrity. He so modest."

"Yeah.." You just realize it too. You wonder is Siwon going to this friendly and modest to a new people he just met.

"Hey! I'll tweet this, what do you think?" Kyuhyun suddenly sits in front of you and let you look at his phone.

 

 

You look at how he's going to attached the picture with a tweet that similar with a drama title, so you just laugh. He turns away from you and continues his tweet business.

Something with Kyuhyun's back facing you and a sunny hill as the background makes you itch to put it on a drawing. Absentmindedly you take a small notebook from your bag and a pencil and started to draw for the first time from around a year.

To let you concentrate on your drawing, Miseon move away from you and sit beside her boyfriend.

Kyuhyun look at you through his shoulder to find out what's you're doing.

"Wait!! Stay on that position for a few seconds!!!" You realize that his side profile is so attractive.

"What are you doing?!??" Kyuhyun yells at you but stay on that position.

"Just wait. You don't want me to draw your nose like an old witch right?"

Kyu threw a small branch a you but it miss its target, "It's better be one of hell good picture of me."

"It's not you I'm drawing. It's the hill." You .

He teases you back by turns away from you. "Okay then.."

You laugh at his childish behavior. "Okay, I won't continue it." It's like a constant mental battle with him.

He then rushes to sit beside you and looks at your book. Kyu perks one of his eyebrows for a moment before he playfully flicks your temple with his knuckles, "Yah!! The hill look more well drawn then myself!"

"Because it stays still.. You don't."

"Then it will be mine.." He grabs your notebook.

"It'll look better with colors, different shade of yellows would be perfect to give the effect of warm sunny day.." You point at the drawing.

"Guys.." Kyu's friend call you, "Let's go get breakfast, I'm hungry.."

Kyuhyun holds your notebook and stands up. "Come on.." He offers you his hand for you to stand up.

Hurriedly, you gather your things and put it disorderly in your bag that you grab without close it first.

Seeing you troubled with your own belongings, Kyuhyun reaches for your bag for him to carried. You hand him your bag, but before he properly grabs it, you let it go without look at his stances. Your bag slipped from both yours and Kyuhyun's hands, the things inside your bag start to fall scattered on the ground.

Kyuhyun catch your tablet in one swift movement so it's not touch the ground while you busy try to catch your phone, so none of you paid attention to the other things.

"Oh no!" Shouts Miseon. She points at a small make up pouch from your bag that fall to the ground and roll over to the mud. The pouch is not perfectly closed, so the lose powder, serum bottle, blush-on-brushes and etc scatter in the mud.

"Oh!" Kyuhyun look at it and tries to pick it but you hold his hand.

"It's okay.." You pick your other things from the ground.

Kyu help you picks up your things too, "I'm sorry. Should we look if something can be saved from there?"

"It's okay, it's not your fault, it’s my fault, what are you sorry for? " You held his hand to prevent him to pick the last things on the ground, your wallet. "Beside, it's just traveling make up pouch, I didn't bring much because we're not going to do anything today. It's okay." You squeeze his hand to ensure. But he doesn't look like convinced enough, "Oppa, it's okay."

You get up and he helps you place your bag on your shoulder. "Oh! Did you colored your hair? It's brownish now." He swirls the end of your hair as you walk.

"No. Maybe it's the sunlight." You busy looking at the bumpy ground you walk at.

Kyuhyun saw you troubled to walk straight so he offers his hand to guide you. "Don't ever think of highlight it. Okay?" He walks side by side with you. "You look better with dark hair."

"Oh.." You shortly answer him and continue to walk while grab tight to his hand.

Kyuhyun looks back to your things that crumbling down on the mud, "I'll treat you everything for today."

"Call!" You grin to him and he rumbles your hair in return.




"Umph..." You purse your lips looking at the menu. You just want to eat everything on the menu at this Henyeo’s House.

"Why?" Ask Kyuhyun who sits beside you.

"What are you ordering? I can't decide between these two." You lean closer to him as he chuckles at your confused expression. "I want grilled galchi for the main dish, but Haemul Dukbaegi look mouthwatering." You look at Kyuhyun with widen eye.

He laugh, "I'll order Haemul Dukbaegi then.. You just order the galchi, so we can share the two main dish." He explains that like it's the most logical solution ever.

"Really??" You lean closer to him and look at his face upfront. "You want to order that for me?" You're touched by his action. Although he seems like a kid but he also could act like and adult someti...

"No. Because I want those two as well.."

You lean away from him in sullen.



"So, you could just call us if you visit here with your boyfriend. We should hang out." Miseon says.

"Yah.. What do you think I look like? Talking about her boyfriend with me sit beside her.." Kyu jokingly moves closer to you. You laugh and lean away from him.

"There!" Kyu's friend points you. "You don't even look like friends."

"Haha.." Kyuhyun cynically laugh, "You have no idea how she clings on me. She follow me everywhere I go."

"It look like the other way around.." Miseon says silently, it makes the rest of you laughing out loud because of her bold honesty.

"By the way.. When Kyuhyun visit museum or wandering around alone, you could just join us to buy few things for the dinner at the market." Offer Kyu's friend.

"No, she'll come with me." Says Kyuhyun, he's turn to you. "Right?"

"Sure.." you grin to him.

 

..



So the two of you spent the whole day wandering around Jeju. Kyuhyun takes you the Bonte museum and spends a lot of time there. You really fascinated by the museum architecture, because you happen to know the Japanese architect himself, so you didn't really pay attention to every single display in the museum. But what surprise you the most is that Kyuhyun actively involve when the curator explains him the about the display. He continuously asks the curator anything related about the Joseon dynasty, he also looks so interested so the curator excitedly explain about the whole things too. Even when the curator asks him to take a picture for the museum he gladly just let them take his picture.

After that, you spent another hour to watch the sunset quietly beside Kyuhyun on the museum backyard.

"With this background, are you not interesting to make a drawing about me again?" He asks without looking at you.

"No." In fact, you are. Just seeing a lot of beautiful paintings in the museum actually make you want to make another painting again. "Try to draw me instead." You nudge his shoulder with yours.

"I better keep your image in my mind. It'll look better than my drawings." He chuckles. "So you'll have dinner with me and my friends before flew back to Seoul right?" Kyu looks at you.

You look at him with the color of the sun fall in one side of his face. "Yes.." You lost track of what you're going to say and turn away from him in instant.

"I'll take you the airport then."




Both of you come to his friend's house later on that night when some of his other friends already gather around to prepared the griller. Miseon told you to take a bath if you want to, because she already prepared the bathroom.

"It's okay, I don't bring spare clothes anyway.." You politely refuse her. She already prepared for the dinner the whole day, you didn't want to leisurely clean yourself, without helping her.

"You can use mine. I brought a few." Kyuhyun, who just put his bag inside the house, join into the conversation. "Beside it'll be easier for you, you could just sleep as soon as you arrive home." Miseon gives you a smile and walk inside to show you the bathroom. You're about to refuse again, but Kyu shoves his shirt into your arms and whispers, "You go, I'll help them prepared the table."

Inside the bathroom when you're just finish taking a shower you look at the shirt that Kyu just give to you. It's a long sleeve stripes shirt. You look at it for a moment before put it on yourself. You're hesitantly fold all of your dirty clothes before went out of the bathroom. There will be a lot of Kyuhyun's friends will come for the dinner, you have no idea how to present yourself to make the dinner less awkward as possible. So, you take a deep sigh for and prepared to get out of the bathroom.

But your worried expression fade when you saw Kyu is sitting across the bathroom. He immediately stands up when he sees you open the door. "You're done?"

"Oh.. You said you help them prepared the table."

"It's done." He gesturing you to walk beside him to the backyard where the guys gather to have a barbecue for dinner. Once you stands beside him, he sniffs, "You smell different."

You laugh. "What do I smell like before?"

"Like fruit.." He answers while scrunches his eyebrows together and stares at blank space.

You slightly open your mouth and look at him. How could he knows your parfume?

"Guys.. Over here.." Kyu's friends call you, so Kyuhyun put his arms behind your back and slightly push you to their direction.

"Oh?" Kyuhyun's others friend who didn't recognize you, surprise to see that Kyuhyun actually brought someone else.

"Hallo.. I'm Shin ____." You introduce yourself to him.

"Kyuhyun's friends from Seoul." Miseon help you explains it.

There's three other who join you for dinner except Miseon and his boyfriend. So you try to greet them before all of you sits on the dinner table.

"So both of them are my high school mate." Kyuhyun explain it to you when he sits beside you.

"I met him when we're climbing." Says the other friends, "It happen to be that his friend is my friend too."

"Waa.." You open your mouth in an awe. First because you Kyuhyun didn't look like a type of person to climb up mountains, and second because he surely is a friendly person to easily make friend with a person he just met. "And you?" You ask the person who seems the most quite.

"I'm his friend." He points at the person beside him shyly, "It's actually the first time I see all of you."

You reach your hand to greet him. "Nice to see you." You smile widely, "It's my first time to see all of you too." You happily shake his hand.

Then Kyuhyun friends beside him smile to you and try to shake hand with you too. You just laugh and shake their hand one by one.

"Yah, yah!!" Kyuhyun pulls your body to prevent you from touching their hands.

Miseon and his boyfriend laugh at their friends.

"So how did you meet each other?"

"Her friend is my friend too." Answers Kyuhyun and walks to Miseon and his boyfriend who busy grilling the black pork. You follow Kyuhyun to see how it is going.

"Are you working in entertainment business?" Ask one of Kyu's friend.

"No.. I just met him in a lunch." You keep on looking at Kyuhyun who also tries to grill some of the meat.

"No, in the concert." Kyu corrects you and feeds you a piece of perfectly cooked meat. "It delicious right?"

"Emm." You answer while chewing on the food. It's so delicious, you lost your guilty sense of eating at late night.

"Yah! Kyuhyun`ah you're ruining my catch phrase. I should ask ____ whether she work on entertainment or not then continue to say 'because you're so pretty, more than any actresses I know.'."

Everybody just laugh in that cringy phrase, and Kyu casually put his hand on your shoulder to prop himself while laughing hard.

"Yah! Yah! Don't act like you're so close with her.. You'll be severely scold by her boyfriend." Yells one of Kyuhyun's friend.

"Why is nobody here trust me that I might be her boyfriend?" Asks Kyu, with wide open hands and confused expression.


All of his friend just laugh at him. You also laugh and walk away to help Miseon put some of the cooked meat in the table.

Everybody cheerfully eat and talk for several hours before the dish getting replaced by the drinks. "We should play something. The loser would have to sing." Says one of them.

"It's unfair! We got him." The other point at Kyuhyun. "For Kyuhyun singing doesn't feel like a punishment. Right Kyuhyun`ah? Ijeeenn.." He playfully sing at the end of his sentence.

Kyuhyun laughs and playfully starts sing with a deep voice too, "Ijeeen..."

You who look at the other direction, directly turn your head to Kyu.

Did he just sing that song?? 기억의 습작

"Here.." Someone give Kyu a bottle of soju.

"Oh, I can't drink now. I have to drive ____ to the airport tonight." Kyu give the bottle to someone else.

"You don't have to take me. I can call a taxi." You take another bottle and shove it to his hand.

"No, I'll take you, it's late. I can drink later on tonight." Then he look at his watch. "Should we go now? What time is your flight?"

"9.55 it's the last flight. We still have an hour. Go play with your friends." You nudge his hand. "I'll help Miseon unnie to wash the dishes." You stands up and walk away from Kyu.

"We'll leave in half hour.." He reminds you.



"Where're you going to stay tonight?" You ask Kyuhyun while he drives you to the airport. "Are you going back to your friend’s house?"

"I'd rent a lodge. Why do you have to get back tonight?"

"I have a lot of  assignment to be done before Monday morning." You sigh.

"Well, I hope you're at least have a good time today."

"I certainly have." You turn to him who still focuses on the road. "Thank you.."

Kyuhyun safely takes you to the airport with the car he borrows from his friend. He takes you inside and help you look at the board schedule

"There's no Korean Air for boarding call yet?" He looks up at the board. "What's your flight code? You're not late are you?"

"No, I still have 30 minutes." You try to find your ticket while bid a good bye to Kyuhyun. "I'll see you again in Seoul soon okay.. Thank you for everything today."

"No, thank you for accompanied me today.." He rumble your hair. "You'll be late, go!"

You give a bow to him and then leave to the passenger's gate.

You smile when you turn your back at Kyu. It's fun. But that's all. You need to get back to where you supposed to be. Meet and deal with people you just avoided today. The fun must ends here.

You hurriedly give the ticket to the airport officer and get ready to get inside.

But the officer then says, "You have to be hurry Miss, the last flight to Seoul will leave in like 15 minutes! I don't think the check in booth is still available.”

"What?! No way.. It'll leave at 9.55." You speak up your disbelieve but you're ready to run. Can you really make it in 15 minutes?

"But, it's Asiana. Wait.." He look closer to your Korean Air tickets. What's is he doing, hurry up! "Miss I think you had the wrong date.." He gives you the ticket for you to examine.

Kyuhyun who just turning back to checks you up, runs to you as soon as he sees you in trouble.

"What's happen? What's happen??" Kyuhyun asks you when he arrive by your side, panting because he'd run.

You close your face with your palm in embarrassment and give a deep bow to the officer, "I'm sorry.. Thank you.." You step away from the gate.

"What's happen??" Kyuhyun follows you.

With still hide your face you answer Kyuhyun, "I brought the wrong date."

Kyuhyun laughs. "Then buy another ticket for tonight." He says with still hold his laugh.

"I can't, the last flight depart in another 15 minutes."

Kyuhyun laughing at your stupidity. "How could you book a ticket with wrong date? Isn't it the first thing you should set before proceed booking?"

"I think when I set for 'round trip' I don't pay much attention to the date since it automatically set." You look away from him. "I know I'm stupid, please don't look at me.."

As if he encouraged by your words, he starts to laugh louder and leads you to the car. "Let's go to my lodge first then.."

"Okay.." You weakly answer.

 

It's not over yet... You exhale significantly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Thank you for subscribing and reading..

 

9 July 2013