The End of A Love Story

Secret: Between The Two Idols

"After that, sometime I just want to believe that you're a bad girl who played with my heart so I won't feel like a fool in front of you. But who am I lying to?" Kyuhyun is looking down. "Knowing that you did all of this to me based in pure affection without even liking me. Also you didn't wish love for return made me speechless. It made me fall deeper, hate hyung more than ever, and I don't think I'll be able to move on." His nose grows redder. “But even Siwon Hyung grateful that I can befriended with you in the middle of the members opposed Sungmin Hyung marriage. He really wants the members to adore his girlfriend too. I can’t hate you. I can’t hate Hyung..”

 

"Oppa.." You broke to tears.



 

Kyuhyun reaches his hand to wipe your tears but stop in mid way. Then he puts his hand on his own thigh, pushing away the urge to touch you. The next thing he hate after seeing you cry is seeing you cry but wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

 

"I'm so sorry.." You speak between your sobs, "I'm deeply sorry."

 

"Don’t say that... But now you’re okay right? As long as you and hyung are okay.. I’ll.. I’ll be okay soon." Kyuhyun smiles, try to reassure you that everything is fine, when the fact there's nothing fine about his heart right now.

 

"I'm sorry for everything that I did to you, I didn’t mean for you to suffer like that. If there anything I could do for you, I will oppa..”

 

"Although I need time.." Kyuhyun keep his hands busy by touching almost everything in his reach. "Don't go too far. We'll hurt each other more if that happen."

 

That’s the only thing you couldn’t do for him. You keep on silent.

 

"Do you know the funny part is?" Kyuhyun laughs to himself. "Someday when you're getting married to Siwon hyung, and I attended the wedding with miserable face. The other would assume that I might be sad because you steal my hyung and broke the wonkyu things. No one would know that it's you I'm crying for."

 

“Don’t worry.. I’m not going to marry him.”

 

“What are you taking about?” Kyuhyun almost laughs, he thought you’re joking around.

 

“He won’t seeing me again. He wondered how could I have the heart to play his most precious dongsaeng’s heart. And I was so fed up, I couldn’t say anything. I’m sorry I failed to explain what we actually were to him. I’m sorry for making your brotherhood like this.”

 

“What are talking about?”

 

You look up to him. The sight of him got blurred because of your tears. “He won’t see me again. And I have to go to The States tomorrow to avoided any scandal for your sake and my company sake.”

 

“You’re going to The States? When will you coming back?”

 

“I have no idea.”

 

“And your work?”

 

You involuntary scoff, “I got dismissed. No no, I resigned.”

 

“What??” Kyuhyun couldn’t understand it. “Because of the scandal??”

 

“Mostly... I created too much trouble by still working there. And as much as I don’t want to go from here, my family will got backlashes from it. And your fans too, you and your Hyung need them. If they ever know I still linger around you..”

 

“So it’s not like traveling, you actually move there??” You nod. “It’s like you’ve been exiled.”

 

You laugh. “Anieyo.. i have work to do there, beside.. Hmm.. I don’t know yet..”

 

“But.. you and hyung.. you broke up because he thought you and me..”

 

“No, we already broke up before that, but he kinda despise me after he found out about me went to Jeju with you..”

 

It left Kyuhyun speechless.

 

“I already wrote to him, explaining everything about us, I hope your relationship will be alright, although I’m still sorry for everything. But the main reason that I want to meet you now is because I wanted to say goodbye and sorry to leave you in this kind of situation..”

 

“You are really leaving..”

 

“Yes..”

 

“Oh Narayaaa..” Kyuhyun hugs you. Your ear is pressed to his neck, so you can tell, he’s crying from the sound of it. “What the hell did me and my hyung do to you? You lost everything because of us.”

 

“No oppa.. just take it like I’m changing lanes while driving. My father wants me to spend time alone too.” Kyuhyun’s shirt is all wet by your tears.

 

Kyuhyun continues to cry while hugging you. “I’m sorry.. I’m sorry.”



 

•••



 

Kyuhyun’s keep calling Siwon after he got home but he’s not answering. So he ask his manager about his hyung schedules instead, and Siwon is free tomorrow morning just before both of them had meetings for the new album and concert. One minute before he’s about to sleep, Kyuhyun notices that his shirt was wet on the part that was touched by your face. Your make up smudged on it.

 

He sleeps in anger that night.

 

When the morning comes, he takes a taxi ride to Siwon’s home, and ring the bell from bellow the building, and just talk “Na wasseo..” I’m here.. to the intercom. Siwon open the access door for him, and open his apartment unit door for him.

 

“Do you want to explain something?” Asks Kyuhyun as soon as he saw Siwon in front of his door.

 

“Isn’t it you, who have some explaining to do?” Siwon looks so relax in his home outfit and a warm coffee in his hand.

 

This is the first night he actually got a normal sleep since 3 days without any sleep. But with his mind filled with you, there’s not a single hour of his sleep was actually peaceful.

 

“I’ve told you..” his voice vibrate from anger. How could he be this peaceful while the one that he loved is in hell. “I’m the one who like her. I asked her to come with me to Jeju, she was coming with me with the most innocent intention ever..” he emphasizes every single words so his hyung knows the importance of this.

 

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” Siwon walks away from Kyuhyun, put his coffee on the nearest table.

 

Kyuhyun had the smoke on his head, walk almost run towards Siwon who walk away to his kitchen.

 

"Ya you!!"

 

Bump!

 

Kyuhyun had his fist punched Siwon temple. Although he's in rage, Kyuhyun know for sure he can't left traces on Siwon face. Both of them will be in grave danger if that happened.

 

Siwon just scoffs. Kneeling beside his couch, he looks down without any intention to stand up.

 

"I let her go! I did that for you!! How could you just relaxing at home when all of this happened??!!" Kyuhyun puts both of his hand on his waist, put his best effort not to give Siwon another good punch.

 

"Do you think I planned all of this to happen?" Siwon whispers, more likely to himself.

 

"Then fix it.." Kyuhyun is in dilemma for helping Siwon to get up or beating him again so he could never get up. “I told you. I liked her, she knew literally nothing about it before I brought it up a few hours ago when I met her. She got so devastated because she couldn’t make you understand that we didn’t have a slightest intention to cheating from you.”

 

Siwon’s kneeling on the floor, couldn’t get himself to look at Kyuhyun straight on his eyes.

 

“Jeju was.. nothing, she intended to stay there just a few hours doing nothing. She was so down at that moment. It’s me who suggesting that she better accompanied me around. And you know what we talked about the most if we ever met just the two of us? You! She came to all supershows for you, treated everybody in the team for you, she cared about me and Heechul hyung for you! She tried so hard to be accepted by all the members for you hyung! Isn’t that what you’ve always wanted?? She is.. she was.. worshiped you!! Hyung!!!!” Kyuhyun yells at the top of his lungs.

 

“Do you think I didn’t know that??!! I thought I worked too hard for the relationship, but it’s the other way around, I just found out right after it’s too late..”

 

Kyuhyun offers his hand to help his hyung to stand up. “Then made things right again..”

 

“I did try. But she broke up with me right before the scandal arose. That’s her final decision.”

 

“Then why did you dismissed her when she told you that we’re not cheating on you?!”

 

“Because she’s just trying to defended you!! I’ve spent a couple of days waiting in front of her door, waiting her to come home, waiting for her to pick up my call. She didn’t even move an inch towards me. As soon as she knows about the scandal, she just came to tell me not to be mad at you. That heartless woman.”

 

Kyuhyun puts his hands on his waist, close his eyes and breath out significantly. “Oh.. this man is really.. urgh! Do you know what that heartless woman doing right now?” Siwon has no intention to answer since he grabs his hair with both of his own hands. “Our Nara is being exiled from our country! Are you going just to sit here??”

 

“What do you mean??”

 

“She’s flying to New York.. for good. Her flight could be anytime by now.”

 

“She’s not.. She got a job there for a few days. She told me. And also, she need to get way from all of this.. That’s good for her.”

 

“Aniya! She’s staying there..”

 

“No, she will be back soon, she has her work here..”

 

“She’s fired from that job hyung!!”

 

“There’s no way, her father owns the company! She and her mother have a significant amount of shares in the group. It's not make any sense that she got fired. She must have been just not working in the executive board again.”

 

“Still!! Are you not going to go after her or what?” Kyuhyun pulls his brother’s shirt to stand up from the sofa.

 

“Then what do you want me to do?? Run through the airport attracting the crowd? Make it obvious that date her and make her the next fan’s enemy?”

 

“Then..” Kyuhyun got frustrated. “Call her! Are you really going let her go like this??”

 

“I can’t get her through the phone for these few days, why should she answer it now?”

 

“Wahh! This old man! Just call her!!!!”

 

“She’s the type that need time for herself whenever we’re having a fight. Keep chasing her while she needs to be alone just gonna make it worse.” Siwon reaches to his phone and dial your number. “See.. she turn off her phone.”

 

“Ooh? Did she left already? Aninde..” Kyuhyun checks his watch. “So that’s it hyung? You ended up things like this?”

 

“I’ll call her after she’s done with her work in New York. Ah.. My head hurts. I need a drink.”

 

“I’m on restriction, until my album is done I’m not drinking any liquor..”

 

Siwon squeezes his eyes. "Is there any way I can go the airport unnoticed?”

 

"Hat and sunnies?" Kyuhyun opens his phone ready to order a cab.

 

But then Siwon's phone rings. Siwon and Kyuhyun only take a few milliseconds to reach out to Siwon’s phone.

 

The manager’s name on the incoming calls.

 

”Ahh.. the meeting.” Says Siwon. “He must be downstairs to pick us up. Don’t say anything about her in front of the manager.”

 

“Then what about you hyung? And her?”

 

Before Siwon could answer the manager calls again. Kyuhyun can sees Siwon being torn. He silently went to his hyung’s fridge to bring a couple of ice to compress Siwon’s temple.

 

He thought his own one sided love was sad enough, but his hyung’s romance.. just plain depressing. How can all the doors are closed for them?



 

•••



 

"Miss rep." Your assistant suddenly comes to you while you sit in Incheon airport alone, your parents are looking for a coffee to accompany you before the flight.

 

"I'm not your representative anymore, what are you doing coming all the way here..? Oppa.." You add his greeting all the way in the back. And you swear, he looks like he's going to cry or something, so you walk toward him, "Why?" You finally hug him for the first time since you ever work for him for almost two years.

 

"Do you really have to go? You can take over the branches. Or go to the other business division, no one will know."

 

You smile, subtly. "I don't want to. My dad never want me to take over his business anyway. When I thought I need to be his successor for his masterpiece that he had worked for his entire life, he actually work that hard so I can dream big and do anything I want to do and not thinking about how to feed myself. What I’ve been working for this whole two years.."

 

"Nara ya.. How hard it was for you until you can't do anything but letting go the things you’ve been working hard for?"

 

"That hard.. I felt so empty now that I lost the two things that had been my goal for the last couple of years." you answer, half laughing.

 

"I know how you worked for this company since your internship time.. how devoted you were. But now.."

 

"It's okay. We have a new vice head of dept. that will make a load of great things ahead.. I rest these cases on your care.." You because you know he just appointed as the vice head. But then you look way behind your assistant. There's a bunch of your department staff walking fast towards you. "Ige mwoyaa.." you're about to shed a tear.

 

"Miss repp!! We're sorry we couldn't prepare a proper farewell party for you!!" They hug you one by one. And said their personal wish for you. "Here, we're compiled all of our present in this suitcase so you can bring them to the state.."

 

“Woaaah.. thank you so much.. I don’t know what should I repay you with.” You look at the suitcase. “I’m sorry I can’t tell you directly that I was resigning.” You look at your assistant, “I’m sorry I don’t think I can go back here for your wedding.”

 

“How do you know about my wedding??” Your assistant baffled.

 

“Of course I know. We’re working side by side, do you expect me not to notice?” You laugh. “But I’ve got something for your wedding present. In a few days, someone from my dad’s legal team will contacted you. Oh and I forget about this..” You open your wallet to take your company’s access card. But then you see Siwon’s black card that he gave you. You take the access card and Siwon’s credit card. “This is my access card, and this.. can you give him this? Maybe next month or anytime you have time.. don’t do it right away.”

 

He sees the name on the card, then figured things out.

 

“You’re suffering because of him and he’s not helping you at all..” he whispers so none of your other employees could hear.

 

“He can’t do anything..” you whispers back.

 

“Oh! That’s Chairman Shin.” One of your employee suddenly stands up and bows 90 degree when he saw your dad.

 

Everybody follows.

 

“Nara ya.. you should check your bag in right now..” You dad give you a cup of hot tea.

 

You give a final look at Siwon’s name on the card that being held tightly on your assistant hand.

 

“Okay..” you gather your hand bag while your father drags your super big grey suitcase. The guys help him to drag your suitcase and proceeding to the check in counter.



 

"Good by miss repp!"

 

You smile at them. Half of your mind still searching the whole airport to find someone. Someone that’s not going to be there, yet you’re still hopeful. A hope that destroyed the moment you step inside the gate after check in.

 

A destroyed hope that closes a door in your heart.

 

You left your country with tears. Tears that don’t even get dried after you're arrived in New York.



 

•••



 

Manager Youngsun runs through the apartment lobby that used to be your apartment. He found Siwon is leaning on the wall, on a secluded foyer to the parking lot.

 

“You! Can you listen to what the elders told you too?? What the hell did you do here?” He wants nothing but to cursing to this punk.

 

“Hyung..” Siwon is staggering walking towards his Yongsun Hyung, holding big boxes labeled ‘trash’ in his arm. “I’m sorry bothering you at his hour, outside working schedule.”

 

"Why why?" Siwon looks so weak. Manager Yongsun is supporting Siwon walking to his car, carries one of the boxes.

 

"Thank you hyung. I have no one to help me but you. I know i did wrong, I'm not listen to your words. But I can't wait any longer, I'm back in Seoul already. I can’t just do nothing. It's been more than a week since she's not answering my call. I thought she's supposed to be back a few days ago. But.. But.."

 

“I mean.. What were you doing here? You didn’t know she’s not here anymore..?” manager Yongsun completely eliminate his nagging tone.

 

“So am I the one who didn’t know any of these..? That she was having a big issue with her company, it cost her to stay away from here? ”

 

“I know because.. her father lawyers team investigate us, because there’s an attempt of defamation towards her when the rumors occurred.. there’s another adultery rumor said that she was having an affair with the guy from the same group as her boyfriend. She didn’t tell you that?”

 

“We already.. broke up by then..”

 

Adultery??? Because of the affair rumor? That’s what Kyuhyun said too.

 

“Ahh..” That’s why he was out of reach at that time. “So how did you ended up here? What are these?” Manager Youngsun points the boxes.

 

“I.. can’t get in touch with her through every media platform. Her friend in States didn’t answer my call either, I can’t call her parents because I don’t know what to say to them. I don’t know whether she’s back or not. So I came here. The receptionist still allowed me to access the elevator so I thought she already back. But her assistant open her door, it turned out that she already gave this house as his wedding gift before she departed.” Siwon still couldn’t get over how angry her assistant sounded when he explained everything that happened to you in the office. “These are threatening letters and love letters from my fans. Apparently there also my gifts from fans. Her assistant gathered all of these as proofs for the police, if someday the fans are going over the line.”

 

“And did he tell you where she is now?”

 

“She’s still in NY.. for undecided period of time. He said her parent will pay a visit during Christmas or new year. They will look for a property there. It means she won’t be back in near future.” Siwon is still staggering while walks to the car. “So what was actually happened, according to her lawyer? About us dating, it doesn’t even made to the media’s ears. How can it made her resign from her company?”

 

"Her uncle buy the whole media group company to silent the whole rumor about her and you.. just after we heard about that. That’s why they didn’t publish any news about you. And sungmin’s dating news got a more solid proof too...”

 

“But she.. we met up the day after you brought me to the company, she explained everything about Kyuhyun, but she didn’t mention anything about..”

 

“I don’t know, but I heard her company took action right away at the day after the charity dinner. Some of the directors want her to be fired, but then there’s a plenary hearing for her in the next day resulted that she’s not guilty but she chose not to work there anymore because it could badly affected the company. Then she flew to New York the next day.. I thought you broke up after you heard about kyuhyun..”

 

“No..”

 

Siwon lost for words. She’s facing her dismissal from her father own company because of rumors.

 

He ruins your life

 

It’s because of him.

 

It hits him.

 

It hits him hard.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Took a few years to finished. But I did it, I kept the promise I made to myself to finish it.

Thankyou for everyone who read it from the very first chapter, it's so cheesy I got embarrassed by my younger self while reading it all over, but you stay. Thank you so so sooooo much. Your comments what make me keep on going.

Although the main story structure was done before I wrote the first chapter, but I took the real life event from sj or general into the story as it goes. I also grew up a lot as a person outside this story throughout those years, so there're a lot of inconsistency all over the story. Please forgive me for that.

Hope you enjoy reading it as i enjoy wrote it. And hope this story, somehow, could give added value to you life as it gave me.

 

 

 

 

13 Nov 2018

 

 

please anticipate for the epilogue!! for those who hate sad ending as much as i did