A New Nest

Secret: Between The Two Idols

He didn't continue what he'sgoing to say but sighs instead.

 

“Why you have to go to Singapore today, while I have bunch of free time tomorrow before I’m going to go to Jerusalem. Ahh..these schedule.”

 

“Isn’t it a good sign? Both of us were really busy because we’re living our life to the fullest. Just have fun while you’re there… don’t think about anything else.”

 

“Yes Mam…” He smile, his dimples deepen.

 

“Thank you for accompanying me. It’s refreshing to run outside the treadmill.” You said and offered him the fish bread; he ate it from your hand. “Anyway… If you’ll take me to the airport, what would you do when I had to go to the gym?” you asked.

 

“You went just for the dance class right?” You nodded. “Well, then I’ll come with you. Your gym is in a hotel so I can get in just by paying daily right?”

 

“What?” You blurted in informal again. You covered your mouth and Siwon just pushed you slightly with his shoulder while laughing. “But it’s just a private class for two, me and my friend. It’s so embarrassing, I don’t want you to saw it.”

 

“Why?”

 

The stubborn handsome man beside you finally come with you to the dance class with a lot of hissed from Hyerin. She skipped the formal greeting when she saw Siwon from the first time in the dance studio. The first sentence she said to him was even, “What are you doing here? You made her late.”

 

Your dance teacher was as shocked as Hyerin but the output was pretty different, she blushed. Because at first Siwon just sat on the floor watch you, Hyerin and your teacher went through the move without the music, the three of you became really conscious about his attention so all of you constantly made mistakes.

 

“We’re doing it great yesterday! It’s because you’re sitting there and watching us, so we’re a bit… distracted…” Said Hyerin to the innocent Siwon.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry.” Siwon stood up and move to your side. “Can I join you instead?” He took a position in your blocking formation.

 

He ended up join on the next run-through dance practice with you girls, still with his weird expression and awkward leg moving even though he’s not wearing the high heels at that time. Your dance teacher and Hyerin laughed for almost all of his movement, you’re also laugh at first but the laugh covered when you’re secretly smile if you saw him looking to your eyes through the mirror.

 

“It’s not working. I’ll just took a bath and wait for you in the lounge until you’ll finish, okay?” Hyerin grabbed her towel and left the dance studio.

 

You’re dance teacher looked at you and Siwon who were sat on the floor and still laughing at each other.

 

“I think let’s just wrap the session now. See you a week later after you get back here again okay. Just go find another dance song you want to learn.” She grabbed her things. “Just use this studio if you want to, we didn’t have any class at this hour anyway.” She permitted herself and finally left you and Siwon alone at the dance studio.

 

“So you’re the one who wanted to learn the dance?” Siwon asked you. Too embarrassed you just laughed but avoided his eyes. “But you’re great at it. I mean, yeah… you got the moves.”

 

“I’m less awkward than you in this song –thank god-. But I’m still a worse dancer than you.”

 

“No, I’m a bad dancer.” He wiped the sweat on his nape. “Shall we try my song then? I’ll teach you what you want.” He stood up and grabbed your hand to help you stand up.

 

“Really?” you got excited and remember Hyerin’s wild mind. “Teach me the Harlem Shake then.”

 

Siwon scoffed. “So that’s your favorite performance? They were our three main dancers, and I’m a bad dancer. So next song please” He said.

 

You laughed at his pouting expression. But you ended up having the first verse of Sorry Sorry dance lesson for almost an hour before he drives you and Hyerin to the airport.

 

And even until days later you’re on the business seminar, the lyric of sorry sorry sorry kept repeating inside your head.

 

 

.......

 

 

You’re holding your drawing pen and twisted between your fingers. It’s almost the tenth time you blankly stare at the small paper, thinking, what drawing suited as Siwon birthday greeting card. You took a deep breath and then give up.

 

“Can you find me a decent birthday greeting card? Something’s brown would be great…” You call your secretary outside your room to buy you a card. “Actually, I need it in an hour; I have to go to see the apartment units that are being offered to me.”

 

Siwon was just arrived in Seoul from Jerusalem yesterday and he insisted to keep you company today to see the potential apartment units you’re going to live in. Because you didn’t see him yesterday on his birthday you planned to give him the gift today.

 

 

 

 

 

“You don’t have to give me this.” He said as you gave him the present. He soon busy looking at the present box.

 

Both of you sat on the lobby of a residential building where you’re going to buy one of the unit as your own home. You’re looking at him, he’s in casual black t-shirt and holding an outwear. There’s a thin shade on his jaw because he hasn’t shave for days.

 

“It’s your birthday, of course I have to give you that. It’s you who don’t have to accompany me all the way here.”

 

“My little sister is going to live on her own in this big city, this is the least that I can do.”

 

You stare at him who doesn’t even take his eyes from your present. “Just open the present once you’re home, okay? I’m really bad at picking something, so if you’re going to open it here, I’ll get really embarrass.”

 

“Okay… I also have something for you, but, since it’s my birthday, grant me a wish that I can use right now, before I gave you your present.” He dropped your present at his lap and now pays a full attention to you.

 

“What wish?” you scrunch your eyebrows together.

 

Siwon laughs a little then reaches his hand to touch just at the middle of your eyebrows with his two fingers and spread them up so it automatically straighten your wrinkled eyebrows.

 

It makes you automatically widen your eyes and freeze right away.

 

For years, you’ve been living in a place where light pecks in the cheeks or even lips between male and female in daily basis were considered normal, but now you feel something tingling in your stomach because this such a small gesture from a man who call you as his little sister. Was that even considered as skinship?

 

“You call Jiwonnie: Unnie, but you’re still talk too formal with me. Am I not your oppa too?” Siwon said this with look directly into your eyes. “Talk more casual with me okay?”

 

You’re still in the state where you can’t really understand what he is saying, so still with dumb expression in your face, you’re trying to answer “Ehhhmm…”

 

 “I’m sorry for making you wait.” The realtor that going to accompany you to look at the apartment unit finally came. He bows a little because practically he’s working under your direction, since this apartment is one of your company’s properties.

 

“Oh.. Yes.. It’s Okay.” You flustered. Siwon already stood up to greet him. He offered his hand to help you stand up too.

 

Siwon and you follow the realtor into the units he prepared for you. The first unit had a master bedroom and a smaller bedroom. You like this one because the kitchen was super big you could just roll on the floor without feeling afraid you’ll break a glass. Whilst the second unit located on the higher floor, it has a really big window in it, it only has one master bedroom, and the kitchen, dining room and the living room joined in one big space without any partition so it much more studio like.

 

“The previous units is more suitable for a small family while this one is suitable for single, but it also can for newlywed couple.” The realtor looking at you.

 

Siwon sit beside the window and looking outside. “I think you’re more in love with this scenery right ____~ah?” You automatically look at him, he’s never call you this casually before.

 

“Ehm, yeah… But I also like the bigger kitchen.”

 

“So you could make me more food?”

 

You just laugh at Siwon and walk closer to him and stand in front of him. “Waa, I never thought how hard it is for my costumer to choose between two unit.” You turn to the realtor. “We should find a way to make it easier for them, right?”

 

“We already did Miss. We usually look at their closest plan and their present state to been able to find the perfect unit for them. By the way, when both of you are going to planning your wedding?”

 

Taken aback you look at Siwon who also in shock. “No! No no no, we’re not…”

 

“Oh… Is it because you’re not entering the army yet Sir? Celebrity usually did not reveal that they’re in relationship near their wedding right? Yes… I understand…”

 

Siwon laugh with him and grin at you. You’re just about to respond when he avoid your eyes and look the city’ skyline through the window.

 

 Oh, so he like the scenery.

 

“If you’ll come here often, I’ll cook for you.” You said and made it as casual as possible.

 

Siwon smile at you, “Okay… You have to promise me.” He reaches out his pinky; you link your pinky with his.

 

“I’ll take this one.” You turn to the realtor.

 

 

 

 

 

“Do we have to buy the furniture right away?” You ask Siwon who take you the huge home appliances store right after you sign the entire document you need for the house you’d just buy. That kind of store like IKEA which even had a small home model completed with furniture inside, so you could try the whole furniture on.

 

“Of course… The interior renovation is not going to be done soon, how could you live with nothing there?”

 

It’s not like I’m going to move tonight anyway, “But I already had a bed, couch, TV and refrigerator anyway. That’s what you’ll get if you’re buying a property from me. Hehe.” You follow him into such a huge store that contains a lot of home improvement product.

 

There’s a few people inside the store, Siwon also wear a spectacle and a simple outfit that easily blend in the crowd. But his figure it self already really celebrity-like that most people stole a glance at least twice toward him that made you walk two step behind him.

 

In the corner there’s a small home model that no one really around that area, so you dragged him there. “Should we go here first?”

 

You’re interested on the kitchen model so you went in.

 

“You really like kitchen, don’t you?” Siwon ask, “You really had to make me a lot of delicious food.”

 

You give him an ‘okay’ gesture with your hand and move to the stove where you’re looking into the pan and the cooking utensil. Siwon follows you and sits at the dining table.

 

“What we have for today?” He asks and put a plate in front of him. You look at him with ‘you must be joking’ expression on your face. He widens his eyes, pretend to be innocent.

 

“Because today I go home a little late, so most of the side dish were super market product. But especially for oppa who work hard today, I made Samgyetang.” You grin and put big bowl on the dining table in front of him. Completely forget that you’re talking to him in casual language.

 

“Hahahaha.” He’s so amused that you came along with his scenario. “Because you already work hard for oppa, I’ll help you with the dishes.” He stands beside you, in front of the sink.

 

“Oh, you can’t…” You take his arm and drag him to the living room and sit on the couch.  Siwon sit next to you with his shoulder touch yours. “What should we watch tonight?” You stare at the blank TV screen, “Oh! Your drama! I want to watch your drama…”

 

Siwon look at you and smile. “Are you going to work even after you get married?”

 

“Can’t I?” You ask him, but it sounded more like you’re asking for his permission.

 

“Of course you can, I prefer that way. I mean, like my mom, or your mom, they have their own business outside the family matter but they’re also committed to make the family come first. I admire a wife that could balance her life like that.” Siwon stare at you. “I believe you’ll be both a great mother and a capable business woman someday.”

 

You smile but look away from Siwon. He lean to the couch but also slightly lean closer to you, he sigh. “We’re really look like a newlywed couple looking for household items.” You awkwardly laugh at his statement.

 

Because of that plays, both of you spent hours at the store but just ended up buy kitchen utensil bed sheets and blanket. He helps you take out the things from the trolley to the cashier’s when someone line up at the cashier beside you call your name.

 

“Shin ____, you’re not planning to make a partnership with this store right?” says Lee Tae Goon, He’s the CEO of a famous food brand that you often met on various industrial conference. In his early 30s he could make the food brand goes international and reach achievement way beyond his predecessor.

 

“Oh! Hallo, nice to see you here. What are you doing?” You bow a little to him. .

 

“I just buy a new dog, and I need the bigger leashes, food bowl and stuff. What you’ve been up to lately? You didn’t come to the golf club last week… Oh!” He notices Siwon who’s just stand closer to you, his eyes then turn into your shopping trolley that full with home appliances. “You two…” He hesitates to finishing his sentence but you know what he’s trying to speak.

 

 “Oh, he’s Lee Tae Goon, the CEO of ‘D’ Food Company, and he’s a friend of my dad, so…” you introduce his name to Siwon, and introduce Siwon to him. “So I guess you already knew him, Choi Siwon, he’s my…” you look up to him, trying to find the right words.

 

Siwon just bow slightly to him and clung his arm on your shoulder, “Nice to see you.”

 

“Oh, ahh… So your dad said that he’s going to announce something important, so this is this…?” he’s pointing at Siwon and you. Siwon and you look at each other.

 

“Wha… It’s not… No…” You try to explain to him. But he waves it off.

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

Thank youuuuuu......