It settled somehow

Secret: Between The Two Idols

Tadaaaaaa.. Here comes the time when I finally decided to make this story into two different versions that lean towards different biases and lead into two different endings. Why?? I Actually already wrote the whole story's structure until the end of this story about two years ago, so I know exactly who's she's going to ended up with. But after a couple of years, through several relationships, hook ups, break ups, bias list reshuffle, life lessons, and a lot more dramas to add the spices, that somehow changed the way I wrote some details and preferences in the story. It's not until I read some of the comments, discussions with some of the readers, lost many subscriber once I made that specific move, that made me realized, that I worked a little too passionate about this one male lead but the end she turned into the other male lead, that so unfair for the other and made the story unbalance.

I write the alternate version because I realized, no matter how perfect your plan was, if you're embrace every single surprises in your way, it'll be more fun.

I continue to write the original version because I committed to finished it.

I decided to post this two versions because you read this with the expectation that she'll ended up with kyu while the other hopes she'll ended up with siwon. When both of them are so different in personalities, characters, and preference. It's unfair to state that you could only deserve for this man, when you're actually want the other one. So with this two version I wanted to let you guys realize that you can get any man you want, if you feel you're deserve and worth it to get him (no no no not Siwon or Kyu, but anyone you like), that the choice is in your hand, and how act a little differently could actually lead you into another life.

So, for some of you who prefer a simpler plot with defined main lead and second lead, can read the original version

While for some of you who expected twisted ending, another surprises and maybe second steals the spotlight, can read the alternate version

Hope you guys enjoy it, and please leave a lot of feed back, I want to hear how it goes for each and everyone of you. :D

 

And I also named the lead female character into Shin Nara. Just to make the story easier to read.

 

 

 

 

The one you're about to read is the original version, for the alternate version, you can go here.

 
 
 
What is this? You look at outside of your window. Knowing that hurricane kinda days lay ahead of you starting tomorrow onwards, you filled up with emotion. You know why your vice head of department and some of directors take away more than half of your projects, because they want to make you powerless in your own department. And your employee will look down on you because of that. Your can see a major crack on your picture perfect porcelain career life. Further more, the fact that Siwon choose to hang out with his friends rather than let you making up of what happened earlier today, doesn't help either.
 
What is this feeling? It's far more worse than lonely. Not only lonely, but know exactly no one get your back, useless, abandoned, left alone. All short kind of feelings got into you. Overwhelmed, you start to bawling out while kneeling right to your window. You really scared to face tomorrow morning. You starting to feel insecure about your boyfriend feeling towards you. You just..
 

Absentmindedly, you reach out your phone that lay innocently on the floor to call the only person in this planet that usually can soothes you down on every occasion.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun looks at his phone after he's done filming.

 
Again, that one name on his miscalled list blinded him. His fingers fumbling on the phone screen, between going to call or touching the home button.
 
Should I call her back now?
 
No no no no, it will look like you've been waiting for her call. Give it a moments.
 
But I do really need to talk to her.
 
No no no. Play cool, and call her back tomorrow. Early morning.
 
Well maybe not too early.
 
Tomorrow, 7 am:
 
"Oh! Oppa!! How are you?? Everything's good??" As soon as Kyuhyun heard your bright voice, he tries to suppress all of his emotion inside.
 
Kyuhyun clears his throat, "Oh, I'm fine.. You called me last night, what was it? Is there anything you want to talk?"
 
"Ah, aniyo.. Nothing. Nothing important, it just, I bought a really nice wine for you. Oppa.. We haven't seen each other for a while. Care for a drink?"
 
"A drink?" Kyuhyun scrunching his forehead, "Well I need to talk to you about something too. How about tonight?"
 
"Call.."
 
 
 
Kyuhyun who arrived first, already sits in secluded area of this fancy restaurant. He rehears his expression and the sentence he will say to you as soon as you come.

 

"Oh! Am I late? I'm sorry oppa.."

 

"No I'm early.. It's oka.." You hug Kyuhyun as soon as he gets up from his seat.  

 

Hug that's pretty normal for both of you months ago, but get awkward for Kyu to receive it now. 

 

He just stand there, not sure how to react to your hug.

 

"I miss you.. It feels like I'm alone all the time by now." You look into Kyuhyun eyes. And kyuhyun is melted that way. There goes his rehearsed sentence and expression. You put the bag that contains wine for Kyuhyun beside his seat.

 

The first sentence he wanted to yelling at you was 'How can you do that to me?!'. He's been rephrase that over and over again since he saw you in Siwon's door. But now, as soon as he sees you open up your scarf before you sit down, he got shocked. He expected you to look poise, or somehow mean, or at least happy because you're succeeded to play with his heart and now already got the grand price: Siwon. In fact the person he's looking at now is you who look more pale, discouraged, gaunt and..

 

"What happened to you?" It's like he's ready to beats up Siwon to make you look like that.

 

"Why?"

 

"You look pale.."

 

"Ah?" You look up to Kyu, "Aniyo, gwenchanayo.." And he hates it. He hate when you always say it's fine when everyone could see it's not. "Please sit down."

 

Kyuhyun stay in silent when you busy ordering, but then he heard you ask the waiter what's the best wine by the glass are.

 

Kyuhyun looks suspiciously at you, "Are you trying to get me drunk?" It's really hard to act like he's mad at you when every time he sees you, you smiling at your best for him.

 

"Aniyo.." You smile again. "I just.. I think I need this." 

 

"Since when you start drinking?"

 

"It's just a glass. Beside it'll be my first time ordering it. I usually just drink whatever the others ordered for me.. So, do you want to recommend me what's the best one?"

 

Kyuhyun smiles and talk to the waiters instead. Screw me.. Did I just smile?

 

You cling your wine glass with Kyu as soon as it served on the table and gulp it down while Kyu just moderately sips it.

 

“Ya ya.. Take it easy..”

 

You grimace and shake your head because you couldn’t handle the after effect. "So what is it oppa? Are you really busy you have no time to answer my call?" You tilt your head, facing Kyu innocently. "You sure you're not avoiding me?"

 

Kyu scoffs, but stop it right away when he looked at your expression went dismayed. He puts the glass down. What? She really didn’t know? I was like boiling mad and she knew nothing.

 

"Oh my God! So you’re really avoiding me because you’re mad at me?” You take his long silence as an agreement. “Why? Could it be.. Because of that day? You never contact me since.. that day. It's not like what you're thinking. He's drunk and I drove him home."

 

"Well that's not really the point.. I know you’re dating him. Everybody know you’re dating him.. It was just.."

 

"Uh.. And so? Ah..” Suddenly you look so disappointed, “Then oppa must be hating me, because you think that Siwon oppa deserve someone better than me..”

 

“Aniya!” He got frustrated and drinks his wine bottom’s up. “You and me, we, but then suddenly you announce everybody that you’re dating him.. Everybody knows it, but me..”

 

“Ah.. I’m sorry, I should have tell you earlier but things weren’t really clear between me and Siwon oppa before that too, so.. Uhm.. Beside.. You’re like my bestfriend ever, and I’ve told you everything, I thought I didn’t need to like formally announce it..” You smile to Kyu, a little relieve because it turns out he just mad because you didn’t tell him first.

 

Best friend.. Kyuhyun sighs and orders a bottle of wine to the passing waiter. Best friend. 

 

“Why oppa?” You sense something is still not right. “I thought because you’re the only one who knew it from the very beginning, and if it's not because of you, I don't think we will ever get this far.."

 

"So I made this happened."

 

"Of course!" You smile to Kyu.

 

Kyu forms an empty smile while looking down. "Because of me.."

 

"The first time he took me to the concert, you're the only member who talked to me, even sarcastically joking around. When things got awkward in the cafe where his mom took all of us for lunch, you're the one who broke the ice. You accompanied me when he's occupied back at the club." You try to remember one by one.

 

Kyuhyun nod. And I did all of that because I fall for you..

 

"Remembering all of that.. You're such an awesome person, I'm so lucky to have you as my oppa. Nowadays, how many nice guy who can be so sincerely doing all of that."

 

Sure.. What a douche bag! Doing nice things only to the girl you like. Kyuhyun feels like banging the bottle to his head. Ige mwoyaaaaa??

 

"Nara~ya.. I'm sorry."

 

"What for?"

 

"Nothing."

 

"I think I'm the one who should be sorry."

 

"Aniya.. Here's cheers!" Kyuhyun feels like his head going to blow up if he's not filling it with alcohol.

 
The bottles almost run out in no time. With kyuhyun empty plates and your half-eaten foods, and piled up decanters, both of you started to talk like the old time. Kyuhyun becomes too touchy, you laugh a lot, and you guys just having a really good time talking literally about nothing. Soon you find Kyuhyun already order his third bottle, while you already forgot why you're here on the first place, already hammered just with a few glasses.
 
"God I miss this.." You blurred out, already lay your head upon your hand on the table.
 
"I miss you." Tipsy but not yet drunk, Kyuhyun just says whatever in his mind.
 
"Of course.. Where else can you find someone like me?" Much more drunk than Kyuhyun, you become so talkative but with slow phase like a lazy tone. "I'm so lovable.. The only people who didn't think that way is my bosses, my employees, your fans, and.. your hyung." You laugh, "Oh! That's everybody then!"
 
"No. You're lovable." Kyuhyun tone down his voice. "That's why I love you."
 
You're laughing, like a stupid drunkass."As expected.. My beeest oppa."
 
"For all of this time did you ever love me back? Or is it only me who get all delusional and thought we actually got a thing?" Kyuhyun still can manage to think and just will going all-out tonight to finish things up with you
 
"I like you of course.. You're embodies both the best friend and a big brother that I never had.."
 
"Did you ever love me? Did you ever look at me as a man?" His grip on your hand is too tight, but you don't even feel the pain.
 
"How could I? I'm nobody, I'm not famous, not pretty, fat.. have no talent at all.. You would never love me, I don't deserve you. You're too good. And I'm no..thing. I should be really thankful you still want me to be around.. Compared to Siwon oppa too. Who the hell am I? How did I ever dreamed to have him? When he always surrounded by more decent girls than me."
 
"So you only look at Siwon since the very beginning... Looking back at the times we're together.. I know for sure by now, you never ever flirting with me. I don't know whether I'm more broken hearted or embarrassed now."
 
"Don't be! Oppa!!" You shakes Kyuhyun's arm. "Why are being like this?! The Kyuhyun oppa I knew.."
 
"Sshhhtt.." Kyuhyun put his index finger on your lips. You're so much louder when you're drunk.
 
"The Kyuhyun oppa I knew, never got beaten by the situation like this. No matter how hard it is." You're whispering to Kyuhyun. "You kicked , literally. So don't break down like this oppa.. You're my inspiration. Yaaa.. What will happen to me if my role model becomes a forlorn figure!" You speak to him without honorific.
 
"Ya.. It's all because of you."
 
"Then stay away from me.. Find your happiness." You're smiling to him.
 
"What?"
 
"You bring happiness to people so you deserve more than happiness. Even just seeing you like this already make me happy. Therefore oppa... more than anything, you should be happy first."
 
"By being away from you.."
 
"It's the least I can do, as long as you're not depressed like this.." You smile and nudge your head deeper into your arm barely hold your eyes open.
 
"Yaa.. I can't.. " Kyuhyun delicately rubs your hair. "I don't care what happen when the morning comes, I'm going to confess anyway." Kyuhyun takes a deep breath. "I love you."
 
"Geurae.." You smile and fall asleep in an instant.
 
"Geurae.. What did I expect?"
 
He ended up takes you to your apartment with replacement driver for his car, gives you piggyback ride from his car to your unit and put you down on your bed.
 
"What should I do with you?" Kyuhyun sits on your bedside after he covered your body with blanket. "Uh?" He the side of your face just to find out that your mascara smudged. It forms a line that showed you just have been crying. Soon he finds out that your shallow breaths indicates you're crying in your sleep. "Why?"
 
You're not answering but cry harder still with closed eyes.
 
"Oh! You haven't sleep? I thought you already black out from the wine.." Kyuhyun your hair, but you cry even harder. "Ya! And you're telling me to stay away from the person I love in this condition?" Kyuhyun pat your shoulder. "There there.."
 
"It's huuurts.."
 
"Why why?? Where??"
 
"Don't go.." You mumble in your sleep.
 
"Arraso.."
 
".. Siwon oppa."
 
Kyuhyun draws his hand away from you. "You really.. Aishh.." He sighs, "If it's hurt then stop it!" He gets up and ready to walk away from your bed. But he stops upon seeing something on your wall. It's your unfinished drawing of Kyuhyun's back at Jeju on the afternoon both of you went out alone. The finished one with shades of yellow watercolor now is in Kyuhyun bedroom, lying somewhere after he took it down when he's mad at you.
 
Also on your bedroom vanity, there's a row of print out photos that hanging on a vintage small rope. Mostly your self-taken pictures of Siwon tiniest detail like his arm muscles, or his forehead when he's asleep, but there's one photo that make Kyuhyun steps closely;
 
The photo of himself with Siwon and you at the Seoul super show. It's the first time he ever see you. Half of his mind really wants to reminisce about that time, but the other half realizes something. Although both Siwon and Kyu hold you from the back, but it's obviously you leaned towards Siwon by a significant gesture. The two of you really look good together. To think about it again, you act a bit too comfortable around Kyu to be in love with him like he loves you. He could understand now, what you did for him were basically because you really want to be around him as his best friend.
 
If your effort for Kyu who you're considering as your bestfriend already that much, Kyuhyun could imagine how much more you're working for your relationship with Siwon. Now he recalls all of overseas super show that you're attended, the restaurant reservation for the staffs, gifts for all the members, all of the time and money you spent for everything revolve around Siwon.
 
Kyu sit down on in front of your mirror. Looking at his own reflection.
 
He has a choice to be angry all the time of how the situation turn up for him. Act hostile to his hyung until the end of their career together and curse on you every single time he remember something about you. He also has the second choice, take you away from Siwon.
 
But he loves and cares about his hyung too much for that. Besides, Siwon and you didn't deserve to be treated that way. No one stabbed Kyu's back, no one played with his heart, no one cheating on anybody.
 
So he picks the third choice; to embrace it.
 
You're a nice girl with a bright future and come from a decent background, if anything, you're actually the best girl Kyu ever imagine match well with Siwon. Siwon too.. Kyuhyun knows it very well that once Siwon falls in love, he'll treat that girl in the best way he could. And to know that the girl Kyuhyun once in love with will be treated that way, it's a relief. He looks away to you.
 
"Can I really let you go when I will always see you holding hand with Siwon hyung in front of my eyes?"
 
But your voice's echoing on his mind.
 
'... you deserve more than happiness. Therefore oppa... more than anything you should be happy first.'
 
Hating people or make his hyung suffering wouldn't bring happiness to anybody.
 
So I have to suffering instead?
 
Aniya, you'll heal from any of this eventually.
 
If you can pass through this, something greater wait for you ahead. Kyuhyun chanted all of that to make up his mind. Let it go..
 
He walks back to your bed and kiss your forehead.
 
"I hope you and the person you love will continue for 100 years.."
 
He whispered his Japanese song lines to you before he left you alone. Laughing on the process because how the hell he could remember those lyrics in the moment like this.
 
 

You wake up feel like a ton of bricks fall upon your head.

 

"Oh god.." You just lay on your bed hopelessly. Not even have the strength to move a muscle. I won't get drunk ever again.. Oh? How can I get here? Were Kyuhyun oppa get home safe? You're wondering but don't really want to move from your bed to find your phone that you didn't even know where the last time you put it.

 

"Ya! I called you several time.." Kyuhyun scolds you as soon as you answer his call an hour later.

 

"Yeah.. The battery went out. And I.. Haha I feel like an idiot just to wandering around my house to find the phone when it was in my bag exactly on bedside table. I forgot I put it there last night.."

 

"No, I put it there.."

 

"You're the one who brought me home??"

 

"Uh..?" Kyuhyun tilts his head, thinking about what he should talk about, instead of apologizing about his confession last night. "You don't remember?"

 

"Eeee.. I remember you order a bottle of wine.. And we drink that.. But then.. I.. I'm not quite sure what happened next. Did you pay for all of that?? I was the one to ask you to go out!"

 

"You couldn't even stand straight.. Ya! You don't even remember the confession?"

 

"What what? Confession? Me??? To you??"

 

"Oh?" Kyuhyun taken aback. She doesn't remember anyway.. Will it be better this way? So noone feel guilty.. Should I play along? "Yaaaah.. How disappointed.. You said you love me last night!" Kyuhyun forced a humble giggles. "So that's how your drunk behavior.. I'll note it."

 

"I really did that?? I'm sorry oppa.. I really.."

 

"It's okay.. Anyway.. Are you okay? Have you try to cure your hangover?"

 

"I'll order something after this.."

 

"You're.." Not going to work today? Kyuhyun couldn't bear but wanting to take care of you. But then he knows he shouldn't do that, today's onward. So he straights up his voice. "Ehm.." He clears his throat. "Last night.. you seem sad and just need someone to talk to, and I know we used to met and talked all the time. I don't know if you remember that we're talk about that last night, but in the future, if I don't have time to hang out with you, it doesn't mean that I'm pissed off or avoiding you."

 

"Ahh.. Ne.." You remember talking about this stuff last night.

 

"I just.. Well.. Caught up work and anything else between.. So.." Why is it harder?? "Don't be sad all the time. Your boyfriend is The Choi Siwon for god sake, while I'm single as . Be happy.. Okay.."

 

"Why? Why suddenly..?"

 

Kyuhyun picks the sunset painting you give him from the floor behind his closet. "Just.. I think both of us getting busier and hard to find time just to hanging out together. I think I won't be around as much as before.." He takes a deep breath. "And also, I didn't have the chance to meet you after you started dating hyung. Congratulation you two.. Please be happy, hyungsunim." He ends the call by addressing you as his sister-in-law and puts the paint in the box full of fan gifts that's too good to be given away or throw away.

 

 

 

"So, did you talk about it?" Ryeowook strides closer to Kyuhyun, when he saw him inside the practicing room.

 

"Mwoga?" Kyuhyun who sat on the floor with his eyes fixates on his phone, doesn't even look up to Ryewook.

 

"The thing with Siwon hyung. Did you talk to him?"

 

"Not yet."

 

"Yaa you said you'll going to talk to him before the smtown concept meeting tonight.. What would you do when Siwon hyung coming after this??" Ryeowook nudges Kyuhyun with his shoulder. Kyuhyun is bigger and sturdier, so Ryewook's nudges doesn't event moves Kyuhyun an inch.

 

Kyuhyun finally looked up from his phone then grins widely to Ryeowook, "It'll settled somehow.."

 

"How?"

 

"Ehmmm.." It's suddenly hard for Kyu to declare it by himself. "I talked to her.."

 

"And then??" Ryeowook widens his eyes and scoots closer.

 

Kyuhyun really takes his time to answer that. But before he even has a chance to rephrase the words, Kangin and Donghae and some managers come into the practice room all noisy. "Later.." Kyuhyun whispers to Ryeowook and comes back to his phone.

 

Ryeowook sulkily gets up and walks away from Kyu, just to passing Siwon who's coming in and darting directly to Kyuhyun's direction. Ryewook can't help but trailing his eyes on Siwon.

 

"Kyuhyun aah, you.." Siwon points Kyuhyun while walking quickly toward him.

 
 

 

 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 Author's note:After read this chapter in those two version I know you will realize which versions lean on which male lead, so you can choose which one to follow. Additional note: this story will be finish around chpt 45 and for further chapters the two versions of the story will have different ends. Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, and commenting.

 

For the alternate version please read here.

 

 

3 July 2015