Drifted Apart

Secret: Between The Two Idols

Kyuhyun glances at Siwon's phone screen. "Hyung.." He says as he looks away.

"Hmm?" Siwon decides not to come to your home. He locks his phone and looks up at Kyuhyun who sits beside him. To be perfectly honest, he miss you but the insecure part of him mad at you because you invite Kyuhyun and manager Daebin to have breakfast when all he want was just to spent time with you alone this morning.

 

 

....

 

 

 

"So your mom wanted you to date ____?" Kyuhyun asks without looks at Siwon. Manager Junghoon who sits in front of Siwon, look at Kyuhyun when he hears your name.

"No.. Ah I don't know." Siwon drinks leftover from his glass to avoid the conversation.

"Yah.. Even if your mother sets you together, how could you treat her that way?" Asks Junghoon, he joins the conversation.
 

"What? How do I treat her?" Siwon ask Junghoon a little furiously. He's not there the entire time Siwon spent time with you, how can he judge the way Siwon treat you.

"She's just too good for you." Kyuhyun bluntly comments while drinking. Siwon looks at Kyu in disbelieve.
 

"Who who??" Eunhyuk from the other side of table curiously joins the conversation.

"____?" Asks manager Daebin.

"Who's ____?" Asks Donghae who sits beside Daebin.

"The one you take a picture on the backstage at Seoul concert?" Ask manager Yongseon.

"Where where?" There's a commotion when Eunhyuk tries to look at Siwon's phone but Siwon won't let it. Donghae helps Eunhyuk so both of them ended up stand at the corner of the restaurant look at Siwon's phone. While Zhoumi tries to make Siwon calm down and not chase those two boys.

"Is it her?" Eunhyuk points at a picture from Siwon's phone to manager Junghoon who's closest to him. “Is it from the backstage? Yah!!! What you do to her??" Ask Eunhyuk.

Donghae snatches Siwon's phone to look at the picture closer. "Pretty.." Donghae lightly smacks Siwon's back and about to gives the phone to the owner but Zhoumi takes a look at it, then Ryeowook also told Kyuhyun to pass the phone from Zhoumi to him. Soon Siwon's phone move around the table before it backs to Siwon's hand again.

Some of them didn't pay any attention while the other keep on asking question to Siwon.

"Waa our Siwonie is forever mother's friend's son!"

"Who is she?"

Then Heechul who at first didn't look interested throw a comment. "This will be the best! Call her! Tell her to come here.."

Siwon cynically scoffs and puts his phone inside his pocket.

"Why? Don't do that..." Ryeowook who can sense Siwon become uneasy, taking his side.

Because Siwon didn’t answers any of their questions, soon the members then talk about something else.

 

When they're starting to talk to each other without even listen to the others, Eunhyuk come back to Siwon to continue the talk slowly so the other wont interrupt.

"So what did he do to her?" Ask Eunhyuk casually to manager Junghoon. He stands behind Siwon and massages his shoulder.

Junghoon hesitating to answer, he glance at Siwon who doesn't look at him. "Well.. If her mother really set them to date, she really did everything they told her, she came to the backstage and wait for him alone for a long time, and just had the chance to meet Siwon like for.. what? 5 minutes or 10 minutes?"
 

Siwon look at his own knees.

 

“The last time we met again, he didn’t even involve her into the conversation with his mother.” Continues manager Junghoon. “At least she pretended to enjoy the moment and act nice to all of us, although she felt uncomfortable.”


Kangin hears their conversation and join in, "What did you do?" Asks Kangin pretend to clench his fist to Siwon and laugh after that.

"You should treat her right. I just say at the radio that the best candidate to be husband is you and Donghae. What if she heard my radio and think that it was all bulll?" Heechul pokes her head to been able to see Siwon clearly.

Siwon whispers to himself. "Really..." And then he just sighs. "She probably didn't even know any of our songs. What she's doing listen to your radio?" Siwon remember when he asked you what your favorite performance on the concert was; you answer something about Harlem shake and couldn’t mention any of his songs.

Eunhyuk sits back at his seat and decides not to continue talking about you again.

 

As the members start to talking about something else, Siwon takes his phone again, looking at the picture the other members previously looked at. He looks at your small smile, realizing that you did nice to him and all of his friends.


His thought gets back to the day he just arrived at Seoul after a long tiring LINE promotion. His mood suddenly became bright again when he saw you walk down to your room with two big grocery shopping you bought in your both hands. Siwon laughed when he saw you became fussy about his health like an ajumma.


The night view from your big window made him absorbed into his own thought until you playfully bumped your shoulder to his arm. Siwon turned his sight to you, your face slightly reflected the city light so slowly a smile crept in his face and he absentmindedly clung his arm around your shoulder.

 

Your sweet fruity shampoo scent brought back a memory when he took a picture with you at the backstage, he remembered he felt sorry for you not being able to treat you properly. But his thought got distracted when you let go of his hold. He raised his eyebrows, wondered if he did something wrong. But he followed you to the kitchen anyway.

 

Saw you being busybody just to prepared something for him made Siwon couldn’t took his eye off you. He smiled... At least his mom was right about you’re going to be a good wife.

 

You ask him when did he arrived here. So Siwon explain, “Few hours ago. I had meeting right after I landed, then I went here.” Because “I miss you.” He blurted out without thinking twice.

 

Siwon looked at your face closely, anticipated to see how you would react. But when you turned away from him, he his lips and looked away to the window. ‘I shouldn’t say that.’

 

Siwon realized that he did wrong because shortly after that you’ve never been available whenever he wanted to meet. He never really thought that you were going to get away from him, but he tried not to did much skinship that might made you misunderstood anyway.

 

But once he saw you at the charity event where you just glowed outshine everybody surround you, Siwon could barely hold himself not to squeeze you into his arm. That just before you abruptly pushed him away when your mom saw you.

 

To think it over again, Siwon realized that, if his mom didn’t arrange you to meet her in the charity event, you probably never really have intention to meet him again. ‘Maybe we’re going too far than what we intended on the first place.’

 



 


"Are you coming with us tonight? Me, Hyukkie, Youngwoon Hyung and Reonggu will hang out together." Asks Donghae after they done working out on the afternoon, few days after the dinner with all of the members. It's been a while since Siwon'd work out together with Donghae.

"Okay count me in... Where are you going after this?"

"I'm about to meet my girlfriend now, then I'll meet you at the cinema later on.."

"I don't feel like go home or go the dorm to wait." Answers Siwon.

Donghae laughs. "Is that because they keep on mocking you about the girl?" He asks. "Don't take it to your heart." He throw his towel to Siwon. "Eunhyuk really curious about her. How could you never mention her to us? At least to both of us."

"It's not like everything between us is settled down. I thought that everything progressed well, and then I could feel she changed, and then after our mom found out I don't even know what that was." Siwon involuntary tells Donghae what's in his mind. “She never really contacted me after that.”

 

"Take her New York... I heard that she'd study aboard at US."

"Do you think that even possible?" Siwon throws the towel back to Donghae. "She didn't even say goodbye to me when we're left to SA, when I thought brought her along to Brazil would be fun."

"Oh!!! That's why you're seems in bad mood when we're first arrive at Brazil?? Yah!! How dare you spill your anger towards us!" Donghae shouts at Siwon, the person that being shout at keeps on silent, lies on the bench and covers his head with his hat.

 

“Now that you guys knew about her, I can’t get away from both sides.”

 

“It’s your fault."Donghae laughs, "What the hell are you thinking brought Junghoon Hyung and Kyuhyun to meet her? Junghoon Hyung is not named Prince Manager for nothing. And moreover Kyuhyun, he could make her turned away from you by just stood still beside her. As long as he’s not talks too much.”

 

Siwon laughs, “That kid talked that much. They even bickered at each other from the first time they met.” Siwon then close his face with hat again.

 

Donghae sighs, "Just go somewhere with her tonight, you’ve watch the movie anyway. Take Eunhyuk with you, which probably make her realize that you’re too handsome for her to let go, with him as the comparison." Donghae laughs and pats siwon's arm, he then take his leave and left Siwon alone at the gym.

Siwon look at your number in his phone screen. He hesitates to tap the call button, but then he thought that it was now or never, he has to go to New York tomorrow night. So he takes a deep breath and calls you anyway.

"____?" Siwon greets you.

"Oh, yes.." He slightly smiling when hears your voice.

"I just finished working out and I'm planning to have a smoothies or ice cream after this. Would you join me? Did you finish your work? Where are you?" Ask Siwon, a rather quick because he's a bit nervous.

"I just arrive at my place from the office. Did you say ice cream? That sounds fun. When?" You ask.

"Err.." Siwon is thinking to fetch Eunhyuk from wherever he is to the ice cream parlor, introduce you to Eunhyuk there for a while(since Eunhyuk have to go with Donghae for the movie), and take you to your place and perhaps stay there for hours, talking, or just hanging out just the two of you. "At 8? Do you have to work out at that hour?" Oh shoot, she had workout schedule today! How could I forget? Should I cancel it and take her to the gym instead?

"No, it's great... So I'll see you at 8 right?"

"Yeah..  I'll send you the map where it located. See you!!" Siwon happily stands up and calls Eunhyuk to pick him up.

 


An hour later Eunhyuk already on his ice cream's spoon, "Why you ask a girl to meet on ice cream parlor in this late and cold night? Don't they usually on diet?" He picks on the scattered nuts on top of his ice cream.

"She doesn't like americano, so I think she'll enjoy the smoothies.” He then warns Eunhyuk, “Don't act recklessly! I brought you here because I feel bad I didn't tell you about her earlier.." Siwon slurps on his smoothies.

"Yeah.. How long that we've been knew each other?! Stop worrying about me.. I’m good at managing this kind of stuff."

"Oh that's her!" Siwon raises his hand to call you closer and almost stands up.

Eunhyuk slaps on Siwon's thigh and whispers, "Hide that stupid smile on your face. Just smile naturally! Oh really… Where the usual ‘cool Siwon’ go?" He plays with words**. Eunhyuk then turn his head to look at you. He bows and greet you.

Siwon asks you what you want to order then orders it to the counter for you. When he got back to the table you already engage in a fun conversation with Eunhyuk. He looks at you closely when you laugh to Eunhyuk and still hold that laughing face when you look at Siwon.

"Here's your ice cream." Siwon gives you your plain chocolate ice cream with no toping. He looks at you silently, wondering what Eunhyuk just said that make you laugh. He can’t recall you laugh this freely when you’re with him.

"Thank you.." You panting from the laugh you previously had.

"You know what, the member that she knows are just you, me, Donghae and Kyuhyun. It also because her friend likes me and Donghae, when she saw us on the concert." Eunhyuk tells Siwon who just joints them. “You should give her some of our CD.”

"Hyerin likes Eunhyuk and Donghae? Wow a new story.." Siwon sits down.

"Yes.. Just don't tell her I told you. She tried really hard to hide it from you.." You answer. "But where's Kyuhyun oppa? Because he always sulky if I brought you something and didn't bring him anything, I brought him a small flower bouquet and cake just now."
 

Oppa?


Siwon's gulp, "Kyuhyunie ehm.. He's at.." He looks at Eunhyuk.

"He's stay at the dorm the last time I saw him. I live in the same place with Kyuhyun." Continues Eunhyuk.

 


For the whole conversation Siwon thanks Eunhyuk for being cooperated with him and didn't do something weird to freak you out but not too polite to make the situation become too formal.


"So after this where are you and Siwon going?" Ask Eunhyuk.

"Us?" You point at Siwon and you.

"Yeah, I had appointment with the guys to watch a movie. They'll come here in any minutes to pick me up.." Eunhyuk says while texting. "Oh, Kangin Hyung said they're arrived. Where?" Eunhyuk look around outside the window. You also look outside. There's a car park just outside the store, the front window open a little and someone wave, Eunhyuk wave back at them.

"Is that him?" You point at the car.

"Oh yeah, that's them. So I'll see you later?" He asks you. "Bring Hyerin the next time we'll met okay. Don't forget to show her the picture we took. Tell her that I'm more good looking in person."

You laugh, "Okay.." You take a package from under the table and give it Eunhyuk. “Here, I brought you something. Bye.. Thank you for your time..”

"Oooh??" He takes a look at the cake, "No, I thank you.” Eunhyuk waves at you and walks away. “Bye ____.. Siwon ah, Bye!! See you tomorrow.."

 

 



"Is that her?" Asks Donghae when Eunhyuk gets in the car. "How is she?"

"She's nice. She’s really nice. She brought us cakes!" He gives the smoothies that Donghae ordered before. "They're look good together, visually. But they really awkward. Like she would have a nice flowing conversation with me but when Siwon's joined in she stammers and sometime just answer 'Yes..' 'Ooh..' 'Ehmm..' Like that. Just imagine filming we got married without any camera and staff."

Donghae doesn't answer and just tries to drink the smoothies by the straw but Eunhyuk lightly slap's Donghae cheeks. "You haven't get rid the straw's cover yet! Stupid!" Eunhyuk take the small paper that covers the top of the straw.

 

Ryeowook laughs while take a look for the small flower bouquet beside the cakes. “It’s pretty..”

 

 



"So, do you want me to take you home now or you want to go somewhere else?" Asks Siwon. Now that both of you left alone, you realize that this is the first time you talk without everyone interfere after the last time your mother found out.

"Oh but I brought my car.." You answer shortly.

"Oh..." Siwon speechless. He looks at his drink and avoids your eyes.

"Hyerin is waiting in my place so I think I have to go now.. She's been in a bad mood since this afternoon, so I don’t feel like to messing around with her." You explain while put your ice cream spoon back in the cup. “Here. “ You give him the similar package that you gave to Eunhyuk earlier. “There’s some banana cake, it’s gluten free. I hope you like it.” I made it by my self especially for you, but you couldn't say it.

“Thanks..” Siwon look at the movement of your hand but doesn't look at your eyes. "Tell Hyerin not to flare up too often." He forces a smile that you didn't notice.

You grab your purse and tighten your outwear before you stand up. You slightly squeeze his arm to say goodbye when you notice he wears the gift you gave him in his right hand. For a second you feeling slightly touched because he always wears it everytime he met you, but then you quickly change your mind and bid him a goodbye.

 

 

 

 

Author's note: ** Siwon could mean 'cool' in Korean

and here's another note about the dinner with super junior

 

 

 

22 June 2013