Friend In Need

Secret: Between The Two Idols

You purse your lips, "Aahh.. So jealous..."

She laughs and clings her hand with you. "Oppa always said that too." And Jiwon stop laughing, "Speaking of oppa..." She eyeing someone the table where your mom sits.

 

 

....

 


Siwon sits on your previous seat, in between your mom and his. Once he looks up and meets his yes with you, he pulling one side of his lips to give you a thin smile. You look down before give him a small bow.

"What are you doing? It's her seat, find another chair.." Says Jiwon greeting his brother.

"Yah! Don’t you miss me?." Siwon stands up and rumbles her hair before hold her into a slight hug.

At that scene you feel like you just fall from fifth floor and your heart leave your body. It's like he usually did to me.

You bite your lower lip and look blankly at far spaces.

"Oh here.." Siwon pulls your chair for you. You on the other hand, you still dumbfounded, sit without even looking at Siwon. You just sit still with blank stares until you hear Siwon says, "I'll get another chair."

Silently you look up to Siwon who sits on front of you. He just smiles to your mom before turns to you with still wearing his previous smile.

Easy, girl…
 

You keep chanting to yourself.


"You should just take her to New York last time, Siwon~ah.." His mom lightly hits Siwon's knee.

"I didn't really have time to leisure around mom. I don't want ____ to be bored." Siwon politely smiles to you.

"No, she would be a burden if Siwon took her." Your mom defends Siwon.

You smile but inside you grumbling. It's not like I was invited nor available at that moment.

Your mom then spends another half an hour to continue complimented Siwon. You could feel the talk become unbalance. Jiwon and you are there too, but they never really mention your achievement nor Jiwon. Slowly, you could understand your younger self of why you could be so rude to Siwon. Because they mention him too much and make it bigger and bigger, it made you feel smaller and smaller and finally get sick of it. You turn your sight to Jiwon to prevent you obviously looking at her brother.

"You spent too much time to play with the boys. Take ____ sometimes when the others also take their friends to a drink."

"Yes.." Siwon then facing you. "Did Kyuhyunie took you home safely on the other day?" He asks you.

You look up from your thought, The other day? It was like a month ago. Did he just ask me about that now? "Yes.. His manager picked him up after that.." You look at Jiwon again to avoid Siwon's eyes.

"I think we really need to get back to the office, right ____~ah?" Jiwon widen her eyes catch your sign.

"Yes.." You look at Jiwon then go straight to her mom and pass Siwon who in between them.

"Oh really?" Her mom looks at her watch. "Okay then, you could go." She pauses for a little then grab Siwon's shoulder. "Siwon could you take ____ to the office? She didn't bring her own car."

Both of you raise your eyebrows in the same time, with the same exact shock expression. Jiwon who saw both of you, try to hold her laugh with looking down at her lap.

"No thanks, it's okay.." You pinch your mother's thigh under the table.

"But she would... Ehm.. You know..." Siwon hangs his words. He incidentally meet his eyes with you. Both of avoid each other in instance.

"Go on.." Jiwon pulls Siwon to stand up.

Because of that, both of you now sit in his car, on your way to your office.

 

It's been five minutes, and the only conversation happens between you was just when Siwon saw you put your sit belt on and he asked "Are you ready?", and you answer "Yes." And then he asked “Did the heat okay?” “Yes…”. That's all.

Siwon looks at you who look outside of the window. Inside his stiffed expression, he was laughing at your super-fast action to put on your sit belt before even he thought about it. There's a lot of topic in his mind that he wants to say to you but he's stuck on how he'll breaking the silence first. He wants to brag about his new colored car and the gala in New York. He wants to ask you about where you were going last week, about your Paris trip, about what’s going on your mind right now. He simply just wants to talk to you.

He just decides that he'll going to ask you about your Paris trip when your phone vibrate and you take the phone. So Siwon just wait until you finish talking while secretly overheard your conversation.

"I just finish taking lunch, why?" Siwon surprise to hears you talking in honorific way but much comfortable with the person from the other side of the phone. It’s also more cute, so he keeps on hearing your conversation. "Yeah that's near my office, but what for?" Then you laugh sweetly to that person. "No. You don't have to. ... It just make up, like I said, it's just traveling pack. ... You treat me foods and the lodge anyway. ... Fine if you insist, Wednesday night is good." Siwon smile to his stirring wheel in relive, It's a girl... They talk about make up. Why can I be a girl first, so we can be a normal close friend without feeling awkward like this?

When you finally put down your phone, Siwon already forget what he's about to say and it's already near your office.

"So you're on your lunch break?" Asks Siwon.

"Not really.." You answer without looking back at his eyes.

Siwon then facing at the street. What a way to stop a conversation.. So he stops talking to you and just focusing on the road.

 




"What are you trying to prove here? Are you avoiding me?" Hyerin following you to the bathroom after you arrived home on Wednesday night.

"I'm trying to take a shower!" You close the door but she holds it. "Fine! Whatever."

Hyerin waits until you get out of the shower and follows you to your walking closet. "You haven't told me where you're going last weekend. You're fine when we're at Paris. But now… Is it Siwon again?" You ignore her and decided to wear a sleeveless blouse and grab the t-shirt you borrow from Kyuhyun.

"Why everything must to do with Siwon?"

"Because it most likely you met him a few days ago when you started this tantrum."

You change your clothes in front of her, not planning to answer her. After that you take out your wallet from your office bag to put it in your smaller purse, but you couldn't find it on the shelf where you usually put it. "Where's the green Botega purse I usually put here?"

"Oh, I guess I leave it on my room in unnie's home." Hyerin answer it lightly. You exhale sharply. "Answer me!! What are you trying to prove by not talking to me these days?"

"I have my own problem this week you barely understand. You couldn't even understand a simple rule like 'put the thing back to its place'."

"What the..." Hyerin raises her tone. "Just because Siwon looked down on you it doesn't mean you can threw your anger towards me."

You about to answer her, but Kyuhyun messages you that he already near your place and he asks for your unit number he had to head to. You ignore her again because you walk to your room while reply Kyuhyun message. "No. I have to go."

"There!! You're going to meet him again don't you??" She grabs your blouse to stops you from walking away. "Why are you so stubborn to keep on meeting him if you always feels bad after that?"

You shakes on her grabs and get out from the closet.

"Listen to me, he simply not boyfriend material, for you. You give in too easily, it's not fun for him anymore to play around with you. That's what happened with Jae too." Hyerin forcefully takes your phone because it's ringed. After that she declines the phone call.

You look at the unsaved number that you knew it’s Kyuhyun's. He must be just arrived. "You have no rights to do that!!" To  take back your phone angrily. "If you do this again I will..."

"Will what?" She scoffs. "You will just take it back anyway."

You turn back from her and to call Kyuhyun back but Hyerin grab your wrist.

You close your eyes and exhale again before turn to her. "This will be the last time I go easy on you." You say that to her with emphasis in every syllable. You let go from her hold. "I'll give you time to calm down. But when I arrive home tonight, that green purse better be already on the place where it should be. No more talk about Jae or Siwon. And I want to sleep alone tonight, but I won't run away again, so you better ask your sister to prepare your room for you."

Hyerin smirks, "Did you just throw me away?"

"Yes. Because this is my place. You're just disturbing my private spaces, so I have the rights to tell you to get out of my home."

"Are you playing cheap on me? ‘Rights’ you said?" She walks closer towards you so you back up. "You won't be here if it's not because of me!" Hyerin takes Kyuhyun shirt and threw it on your face. "Remember the shy young girl on middle school, who didn't have the courage to talk in front of the class? I literally dragged you from that level to my level. I introduced you to my friend, took you to my circle. If it's not because of me, you probably will be a pathetic girl who unsocial, working or painting behind the desk and barely go out or even have any boyfriend. And when you have Siwon ask you out now, you cast me away? Why? You don't want him to fall for me?"

You cynically laugh to the ceiling. "No. Because I believe Siwon still have a heart to not dating his ex's best friend just weeks after he break up with her."

"Are you still mad at me because of Jae? My god! You're such a spiteful person. Did you know that Jae chase after me even before he have slightest feeling for you? Did you know that Jae finally dating you because he found it cute that you treated him like he's the best boyfriend in the world not because he truly love you? Did you know that he's coming back to me after that bad break up of yours because he still fall head to heel for me?" She tilts your face up. "And now you try to count your good deeds with me because of that? I thought you already get over it…"

You shove her hand from your face. You didn't know any of that. But for (you-thought-she-was) your bestfriend spitted if front of your face like that, really hurts you. It's took a long time for you to heal from that nasty break up, and when it's not totally healed, you found out that he's dating your bestfriend. If not to mention bestfriend, she’s your roommate, you know each other since junior high, she’s practically the sister from different mother. You avoided both of them to the other side of the world to Seoul, but now she's here and explained the details of the fact you didn't even want to know, on your face like that. You about to cry when your voice cracks.

"I endure... all of this time..." You try to hold your cry. "Do you realize that even your siblings having a hard time to live with you? Yet I still let you come to my live and provide everything you need. Just because you're popular and have like a thousands of follower from your bloody blog and twitter, you thought you're a socialize person? They didn't know in real life that you're so unmannered, selfish bastard, and never care for anyone else but you. Did you have anyone who called you their real friend from high school until now beside me? I stay because I saw how was your parent's divorce affected you and made you like you are now." You look at your vibrate phone and Kyuhyun calls you again. "I know you need someone to lean on, I tried my best to be someone you can count on. But I'm sorry, I can't hold it any longer. Many people survive through this, why can't you?" You turn away and walk toward the door. Hyerin yells at you but you ignore her and answer Kyuhyun's call while open the door. "Yes oppa, I'll get there in a minute you don't have to come up. Just wait.." Hyerin cuts you off by pulling your hair so you almost fall backwards "Aaaaack!!!"

"Answer me when I ask you!!" Hyerin drags you away from the door to inside your room again. And then, she literally threw you until you hit your hand on the side of the table before you fall on the floor. "HOW DARE YOU SAID THAT THEIR DIVORCE MADE ME LIKE THIS THIS!!!"

You just feel your body spin around, so you didn't really know what's going on until you hear Kyuhyun shouts your name on your phone. It falls about ten inch from you so you drag your body to reach it. But before you can reach it, you feel Hyerin slaps on your cheeks. "How dare you to talk back to me!!"

Unable to move your other hand you begin to frantically kick her to keep her away from you. But she’s stopping you by sits on your stomach and locks your legs with hers. "Let me go!!" You reach your phone with your right hand while Hyerin keep on hitting your head.

"Kyuhyun oppa!!" You scream to your phone. Hyerin wears a lot of ring that whenever she hits your face you could feel a sting on your skin like its bleed.

"No one could help you here. He can't access the elevator, stupid!" She pinches your hand to make the phone farther from you. "You always like that. You can't live without other's help."

You try to wiggle, but any wiggling doesn't seem to move Hyerin from your body. When you can't fight back any longer, your instinct told you just to cover your head, but Hyerin pulls your hair and bangs your head to the floor. "Oppa..." You weakly speak to the phone, didn't even hope for Kyuhyun to hears you.

Just when you about to give up because your sight become darker and darker, you open your guarded hand and slightly saw the door open before you finally close your eyes.

"There!! I told you something happen!!" You open eyes in another second because you could hear Kyuhyun's voice.

 

 

Author's note: Thank you for subscribing and reading..

I'm sorry for the late update. ^^ Here's your Siwon... Enjoy..

 

 

25 August 2013