Jeju-do II

Secret: Between The Two Idols

From this morning when you took plane to Jeju you turned off your phone to avoid any call from Hyerin. You believe that Hyerin won't tell your parent that you'd disappeared in the middle of the night after you had a fight with her, so you don't really worry about your parent looking for you. But if you suddenly book a night on one of your father’s hotel here, you afraid that some staff would inform the head office because of your sudden stay at Jeju.

To avoid that, you ended up stay at Kyuhyun’s rented lodge. It unnecessarily has two bedrooms, living room, kitchen, etc. it's like a family lodge where 4 or 5 people can stay for a night. Although Kyu insist that he allows you to stay in one of the bedroom because he's a kind person, it didn't stop him to nags you to made him breakfast for both of you tomorrow. You stay without complain since he really nice to you for the whole trip.

Later on this night you borrow his laptop to reply many report email from your employees and sit on the kitchen bar while Kyuhyun taking a long bath.

"Just tell me if you want to use your MacBook, okay.." You speak to Kyuhyun who just get out of the bathroom.

"It's okay. I don't think I need it for tonight." He sit in front of you and drink his water.

In the middle of read the bunch of new unread email, surprisingly you found an email from Siwon on your inbox. You try to control your expression because Kyuhyun still looking at you.

He leave a short message, says that he knew your email from Hyerin and that he knew you don't want to be disturbed because you turn off your phone, but he just want to know when will you come home and he wants you to call him.

You're thinking about what you should write to him. But then Kyuhyun clear his throat.

"You seem to enjoying our trip today.."

You look up and face Kyuhyun with a smile. "Ehm.. Yeah." To think about it, you yourself didn't expect that today would be this fun.

"You seem to enjoying my company a lot.." Kyuhyun looks at you holding his laugh.

You chuckle at him at disbelieve. "But you shouldn't get used to my companion." You play at his game as well. He raises one of his eyebrows. "Because I'm likely might not be available from tomorrow onwards."

"Oh yes.. I know. You'll be busy with Siwon Hyung right?" He nods to his own words.

You pull one side of your mouth and scoff cynically. “We’re not what you think we are, oppa. Our parents know each other, that’s all. We’re just..”

And then you remember about last night, about how you felt partially humiliated and partly angry. "Emm.." You try to distract yourself. "Why did you rent this lodge anyway? Isn't this too big and unnecessarily expensive?"

"It cost similar to one room at those hotel. But the highlight… Ah… If you have done your work, I'll show you why." Kyuhyun wipes a drop of water from his wet hair.

You steal a glance to the laptop with Siwon message being displayed on the screen. "I'm done." You sigh and close the page where you should reply Siwon's message.

Kyuhyun grabs his cardigan and walks outside to the terrace. You follow him and close the door behind you. When you turn to Kyuhyun again, he already sits on the terrace wooden floor.

"Here..." He pats the place beside him. "Look upward."

As soon as you looking at the sky, there's so much sparkling stars welcome your eyes. The dark sky made a contrary as the stars look so bright. To be honest, you never pay much attention to this kind of things, wherever you are, so this makes you open your mouth like a child in awe. The beauty of nature is actually everywhere, everyone just need to open their eyes, wider.

"The city had so much light pollution so the stars couldn't look this bright." Kyuhyun lies down and put his hand under his head. "But here, everything seems like paused. You could just stay still, look at that and listen to the sound of nature." And then he hits a mosquito around his head. "And befriended with the mosquitos. I already put on mosquito repellent though. Why they keep on coming?"

You laugh and lay beside him. For a moment you just stay still, side by side without even say a thing.

"That shirt looks good.." Kyu suddenly compliment his own shirt that you wore.

"It's not my style.. But someone said to me that even if you don't like coffee, when someone bought it for you, you should just drink it. So although I don't like it, I wear it anyway." You laugh without looking at Kyu. You ended up mocking each other for nearly an hour before talk something more serious in the other hour. Until finally both of you fall in silence and look at the stars again.

Cold and getting sleepier, you speak to Kyuhyun, "Thank for brought me here." You silently look at his side profile.

He doesn't take his eyes off the sky but nod at your words.

"Earlier this night, did you happen to sing Etude of Memory?" You ask Kyuhyun.

"Oh, did I sing something today?" Kyu scrunches his eyebrows together with his mouth in a cute way. You have to look away in order not to laugh. "Oh! That... Yeah, I once sang that song when they came to my solo performance. They always make fun of me after that.." He laughs.

"Solo performance? You sang that song for a performance?"

Kyuhyun nods. He then clears his throat and started to sing in ease just until the first verse.

~~~

You couldn’t bear it any longer

With an empty smile you leaned on my shoulder

And closed your eyes

~~~

Dumbfounded, you sit straight up and looking at him at disbelieve.

 

Kyuhyun just sing your favorite song.

 

Beside you.

 

Live.

 

Without even change his position. And without put so much effort in it. But it sounded like a recording session.

If you said that he have a nice voice, that seems understated him. His voice is angelic!!!

Kyu looks up at you. "Well you could at least clap.." You stupidly clap. Kyuhyun smile in satisfaction, "That's worth three big bouquets, I guess."

“Ten bouquet if I could…” You slap his knee and stand up, "We better go to bed, it's late."

Kyuhyun reach his hand for you to help him stand up. You pull him up and walk inside the lodge.

"Just stay here until Monday morning already. We can got back to Seoul together, can't we?" Kyuhyun ask you just before you walk into your room. You hold into your door and looking at him, thinking. "We could buy clothes for you."

You purse your lips, "I'll let you know if I made up my mind."

"Sure, you could just knock on my door." He laughs and gets in to his room.

You smile and lock your room. Couldn’t even believe yourself that last night was your worse night ever and now you’re having a good time, miles away from your home and sleep over with a guy and doesn’t even have any romance involved.

For a few minutes you just staring at the ceiling trying to figure it out what you’re going to do tomorrow onwards, how do you go straight to the airport and looking for the earliest flight available, when you should meet Kyuhyun again to thanks him, what are you going to say to Siwon,etc. So, you spent another hours to make a schedule out of it and work on your paper through your notebook and pencil.

But then you could hear the sound of a door being opened, and followed by the sound of someone walking around the wooden floor. It passed few hours since you and Kyu walked in to each other room, so you never thought that he’s still wake up. You stop what are you doing earlier and walk outside to check on him.

“What you’re doing?” you ask Kyu who stands on the kitchen and looking through the shelf.

“You scared me!” Kyuhyun shockingly turn to your direction.

You laugh it off and walk closer to him, “You’re so jumpy… What are you doing?”

“I’m hungry..” He continues to open the shelf.

 “You just got full meal of black pork tonight!”

 “Still...” Kyu pouts at you. “Since you haven’t slept either, why don’t you make something for me?” he grins ear to ear, pleads to you.

 “Nothing to be cooked anyway..” You stand on your tiptoe and take a look at the shelf, there only some non-instant noodle also some eggs, cucumber and radish in the fridge.

 “Anything will do… Just ramyun would be fully appreciate..”

 

“No way.. It’s not healthy for you.” You finally made him a stir fried spicy noodle and scramble egg. Kyu munching hard while you’re looking at him, amused. Cook for him must be a blessing for his mom, he eat it deliciously well. “How can there’re eggs and other vegetable on the frigde?”

“The owner provide it. We can actually ask for others if it’s not mid night. By the way it tastes great! Did you call your mom for the recipe? Did you hide her behind you?”

You scoff, “Just admit it I’m a good cook, and I’ll think of something nice for the breakfast..”

“You’re a good cook. Cook for me again sometimes!”  he reply without a drop of sincere in it.

You smile to Kyuhyun who doesn’t even look at you. “Do you think it’s better for me to catch the earliest flight tomorrow or on Monday morning?”

“Monday morning of course..” he grins, “But only if you have got your works done now before we have fun.”







"I knew you would come back here before office time.." Hyerin calls you exactly after you turn on your cellular signal on your phone, "Where are you?"

"Get my hair done. I'm in hurry, so what are the important news that you text me before?" You're still not on the mood to talk to Hyerin.

"This kid..." Hyerin sighs. He explain about the offer some brand give to you about your painting.

"Huh? Which painting? You posted my painting in your blog?"

Hyerin sigh with sinister tone. "The one on Jenna's wall. I took a picture of her with the wall painting behind her. I don't know how they ended up interested on your painting. But yeah, they just contacted me, I thought they're going to give me sponsors since I wear them a lot in my blog. It's Hermes for god sake! Hurry back home so we could talk about it and sent them the proper respond!!" She finally yell like her usual self to you. "Where did you come from by the way? I thought that you come along with Siwon to New York."

You raise an eyebrow, New York?

"I just need to get away."

"Fine. I'll wait you at home after office hour."

You put down your phone and quickly sent Siwon's message.

Just when you're continue typing, Siwon already reply the message:




You nearly throw your phone as you finish read his message. What's the point of reply the message right away just to tell me that you're not available? It's better not to reply it until you've been able to reply it. That is a kind of answer that indirectly says 'Never mind, i lost interest'

Kyuhyun coughs distracted you from your thought. He's in the middle of get his makeup done.

Both of you went straight to the hair salon when you arrive at Seoul because while Kyuhyun got cf filming after this, you've got a meeting in a few hours.

Kyu still feels bad about dropped your make up pouch, so he insist you to have your make up done in the hair salon he usually come.

"Do you always have your make up done here?" You ask him.

Since he can’t really moves his lips, his makeup artist answers it for you. "Just when he has a show or filming. Mostly their makeup artists did it on the spot." She turns away from you and focus on Kyuhyun again while talking to you, “Their private make up artists are also from our team.”

“Aah..” You nod your head and look at what she’s doing, "Oh? Why you put concealer on there?" You ask his makeup artist who just blend the concealer around Kyu's lips.

"Shut up... Look away." Kyu yells at you without moving his lower lips.

"He's got really plump lips." Answers the makeup artist and laughs at her own statement. "It will create an illusion of smaller lips with this." You laugh and look at Kyu's face intently. You've spent days with him barefaced without pay much attention to the difference.

You never get your make up done by makeup artist if you're not attending a big event, so you fascinated looking at a guy, looks so comfortable getting his face touched. Without your acknowledge, you squinting your eyes look at every single things the makeup artist done to Kyuhyun's face.

The one that you’re looking at, eyeing you back, "You have a perfect face, I know. So don't laugh. Just do what you have to do with your meeting later." Kyu shooing you. You laugh and look back to your phone, preparing to write everything you need for the meeting.

Because you just want to have light make up and simple blow hair do, you already done all of your things. You just need to wait for your driver to get your office suit delivers here. Kyuhyun in the other hand, didn't even done his makeup base. It's not because it super complicated, but because he need to get his manager arrived and speak the concept with the makeup artist first, since it’ll CF filming.

There's a pause when you concentrate on your phone so Kyu looks at you. "You're so busy preparing for the meeting since Saturday, but you're insist to came along with me. You're not trying to avoid him, are you? You would be unable to see him in a week, since he'll travel a lot."

You slowly turn your head to Kyuhyun. "You must itching to ask me about it from the moment I met you at the airport right?" Kyuhyun just lightly chuckles and faces his makeup artist again. "I'm not avoiding him. Who am I to him anyway? Vice versa." You look down to you your phone and continue to talk in nearly a whisper, "He didn't even told me that he's going overseas.. So, we're not that close like you imagine we are."

Kyuhyun is about to say something when you receive a phone call from your driver. "I have to go. Thank you so much for the weekend, for let me stay at the lodge, for took me into this place. I'll pay you back soon. So thank you again.. Bye!!" You take your leave as soon as Kyuhyun nod.

 

 

 

........

 

 

 

The moms are talking to each other so eagerly, you don't have any choice but to watch each of them while they speak about fashion show invitation they just receive. Once you involuntary glance at Jiwon on the other side of the table, she already stares at you. When your eyes meet hers, small laugh escape from her lips as she gestures to you that she's going to the bathroom. Because you don't want to left alone with the moms so you motioning to her that you're going with her.

"I hope I won't be as loud when I grow old." Jiwon whispers to you when you walk beside her. You laugh and walk into a different toilet cubicle.

This past week was different for you. And it's rather peaceful, because you just get back from Paris for the fashion brand things, you didn't make any contact with Siwon, and your work run pretty well without any major distraction. So today when your mom takes you to have lunch with Siwon's mother and Jiwon, you just get along. They didn't talk much about Siwon either so you kind of enjoy this lunch.

When you walk outside the cubicle, Jiwon already wash her hand. "Don't you have to go the office Unni? It already pass lunch break, isn't it?" You ask Jiwon.

"Yeah. But the whole fashion show talking doesn't seem to find its end." Said Jiwon and leans on the washstand and looks at you. "So how's the things work with fashion brand? You match so well with oppa in term of fashion. Did you hear that he come to Chanel event few days ago?"

You look down to your hands, "Yes, Unni. I knew it from my friends.." You draw a deep sigh. "But I'm just work behind the table, they just like the pattern I designed. While he's..."

Jiwon looks at your sudden depressed face and realizes she just made a mistake asking you about him. "____, I know that you must feel pressured, with our moms keep on telling you to meet him and stuff."

You held your lips tightly and try to shrug normally with smile. "No.."

"It's hard just to be around him, I know. With his occupation it’s rather impossible to frequently hanging out whenever he can. I hope you're not misunderstood it." Jiwon smiles to encourage you.

"Yes, I understand." You try to smile. Jiwon then gesturing you to follow her outside. As she walks in front of you, you realized that although she's younger than Siwon, she seems behave a lot mature and settled than you do.

You blurt out without thinking, "You currently in relationship with the same person from the last time we met, right unnie?"

"Yeah.." She humbly smiles but her eyes sparkle so bright, indicating how happy she is.

You purse your lips, "Aahh.. So jealous..."

She laughs and clings her hand with you. "Oppa always said that too." And Jiwon stop laughing, "Speaking of oppa..." She eyeing someone the table where your mom sits.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Thank you for subscribing and reading..

Still no Siwon.. I'm sorry, hehehehehe I'll update soon, promise!

I just write a lot of chapters i saved on the draft, because someone just asked if i'm willing to write alternate rated R story for this that make me write the whole plot to figure it out wheter it's doable. I never write or rated R story, and i realize a lot of this story reader is under age, (yes, it's you! i'm talking about you!) so I really hesitate to do it, but shockingly there's a lot of demand that make me surprise myself.. So, what do you think?

 

 

1 August 2013