Running With the Elders

Secret: Between The Two Idols

It's Wednesday night, you were just finished your yoga class session and about to change your clothes after you took a shower at home. You rummaged through your bag and found your phone when it had a missed call from international number, it looks like from Malaysia. Assumed it was an important call you call that number back but there're no answer. About two minute after, your phone rang, it was from the same number.

"I'm sorry I was just took a bath." Said the person from the other line. He said it in Korean and his voice seems familiar. "Shin ____?"

"Oh, yes. Siwon sshi?" You asked doubtfully.

 

"Oh... Where are you?" He asked.

"I’m home. Are you in Malaysia?"

"Yeah. I flew here right after the dinner party. I promised to call you but I just had the time tonight, I'm sorry."

"Ah, it's okay." You're speechless.

"Are you busy? I can call you again if you're in the middle of something important..."

"No, no... It's okay." You fumbled to put on the headphone on. You talked to him while put on your clothes on. "Are you in the hotel? What are you doing in Malaysia?" You tried to distract him from the sound you made while you were changing your clothes.

"Some commercial filming, I have to shoot it outdoors in Malaysia, so..."

You guys continue to talked about his shooting when you were sat beside your window, look at the stars while listen to his voice. It’s been long since you’re in real relationship with someone so this time it was felt: 'Oh, so pathetically romantic'.

"Did I talk too much?" He laughed.

You got up from your long chair. "No. It's rather amusing. Hehe.. You must be really exhausted, I mean you just had two concerts in a row, and then had an overnight flight overseas." You sneakily went to your kitchen to make some hot drink.

"I lied if I told you I didn't. Hehe.. But I had few days off this weekend, so..." He paused "Are you drinking?" Siwon laughed.

Caught red handed, you also laughed and had no choice but to be honest to him. "Is that obvious? I just tried to make some tea."

"Aww, that's cute. Why are you so multitasking? Okay I'll try to make some tea too." He said.

You ended up talking fun nonsense for hours until passed midnight, in between your conversation, both of you already did a lot of things. Siwon did some arms work out and pack his suitcase. You also already packed your suitcase for tomorrow night's flights to Singapore. You two did all that while talking to each other on the phone. You even could hear his grunts when he lifted weight for his arm workout.

"Wooah, I never really laughed this much, since… forever..." You said, panted.

"Glad to hear.." By his voice you could tell that he was smiling. "Your flight is around 1 am, so when will you go to the airport?"

"Around 11 maybe, I'm planning to go from the hotel where my gym located so it won't take much energy to drive back home."

"Why are you so insisting to go to the gym tomorrow? Just go home after office and have a rest."

"I can't skip my dance class..." You were sticking out your tongue, then felt stupid because he couldn’t see you.

"This girl..." Siwon chuckled "Just call me when you're out of office okay..."

"Yes... Don't you have to go to catch your flight back here?" You asked looked at your watch. Your eyes got really heavy.

"Oh my! I forgot you're an hour earlier! It passed midnight.. You should take a rest then. I'm sorry.." He asked for your apology and told you to directly go to sleep, while he'll prepare to check out of the hotel.





You happily packed your things and went to your door. It's just pass 5pm but all of your job was done, so you sent a message to Siwon that you've done your work and ask whether he's on his schedule.

He didn't reply it, so you're just grabbed your purse and walked out of your room.

"Hi.. No, I'm done my entire schedule for today." You're shock to found out Siwon was already sit in the waiting room outside your room. He sat there with your assistant.

"What are you doing here??" You walked closer to him. Your assistant excused himself.

"Keep you company while working out.” He said and grinned. He made a gesture for you to come near him. “Your dance class begins at 8, right?” You nodded. “Then let me kidnap you for three hour or so.”

You laughed and came closer to him. “Where?”

“Just trust me.” He stood up and grabbed your shoulder, lead you to exiting the office. “You got all of your stuff for the trip right?” he asked you.

“Yes. It was in my car.”

“Move it to my car then. I’ll take you to the airport tonight.”

You leaned away from him. “Really?”

He gave an ensure smile and move all of your things to his big black Range Rover car. He opened the car door for you before he got into his own seat. Somehow after you clicked your seat belt he scoffed and leaned away from you.

“Why? Did I do something wrong?” you asked.

“A few minutes ago I was about to pull the exit door for you but you already opened it yourself, and now you already put your seatbelt on before I had the chance to put it on you. Why are you so fast?” he laughed and brought his car outside your office building.

You have no idea where he’s gonna take you to, until he stopped his car on a parking lot near a park. You never really been here so you just looked around.

“Let’s have a round of night jog.” He said, tightened his jackets.

“At a public place?  Aren’t you going to be recognized?”

“Not here… They’re just the elders.” He pointed at people who running across the park.

He gave you time to change your clothes and erase your make up and tied up your hair. When you got out of the car he put a cap on your head. Then both of you were jogging across the park altogether with the elders.

It was so much fun than any other cardio workout you ever had on the treadmill. LOL. After sometime, he stopped jogging and started to walked in a normal speed while talked to you.

“You’re seems skinnier than the first time we met last year.” He said. “You must have a proper time to rest and eat a lot.”

“You too! It’s so funny hear you said that..” you playfully punched his arms, it was hard!

He avoided you but then looked at the other direction, a street snack stall. “Come on..” He grabbed your arm and walked that way. You never really eat such food since high school, even that time you probably just did it twice a year.

You sat down on the park bench. He blew the tokkpoki and give it to you.

“I’m sorry I didn’t take you to the dinner after concert. I mean, you already come along the way just to see me, but we didn’t even have a proper…” He seems to find the right words, “Well, that’s because I just come to the dinner probably 15 minutes or something before I had to get ready to fly to Malaysia. And the days after was so hectic, I couldn’t really find time to call you without being rushed.”

You looked at him seriously, “You don’t have to apologizing.” He looked at you back with much more amount of seriousness in it, it become awkward so you looked away.

“Actually there’s something I want to apologies to you. It’s a long time ago but, still..” You’re played the fish bread in your hand.

“What is it?”

“Years ago when we met in a shopping mall while you’re having fan signing event…”

Siwon thought for a while. “Aah.. I remember. You ran away..”

”I’m sorry...”

“Hahaha… It’s fine. Why are you leaving? You avoided me ever since.” He looked genuinely curious.

“All of my friend teased me. You know that time I’m still in high school, and -I don’t have problem with you, I mean, you’re nice and good looking, I might falling in love with you if I met you somewhere else without my mom interfere with the process- but having my mom constantly took me to have lunch or dinner with your family and force us to be boyfriend and girlfriend, it’s annoyed me.” You avoided looking at his eyes.

“Funny, that’s exactly what I thought. My mom became deadly annoying around that time.” He kept his stare at you.

“But you seem really nice to me every time we met.”

“Because I know you don’t like it as much as I do, so I don’t want to make it harder on you.” He said that without realize that his words made you feel guilty.

Both of you sighed at the same time and laughed because of that.

 “They just had wrong approach. Now look at us, it just took me a few minutes of having a conversation with you for making me want to get to know you better.” He finally looked away from you, so you could relaxing your stiffed position when he’s looking at you. “The first time I told Jiwon that I feel sorry not being able to take you to the after-concert-dinner-party just after you left the backstage, she laughed so hard and told me that I ate my own words.”

“Jiwon Unnie was there? I was wandering alone at the backstage before I met you, I didn’t see her.”

“She’s there.” Siwon looked at you again silently, while you’re tried to remember whether you saw her or not. Siwon tucked your hair behind your ear, He’s about to say something when you turned your head to him, but he ended up just sit straight up and look to the other direction.
 

 

....

 

 

 

 

 

comment would be really appreciated... thanks for reading and subscribing :D