The First Intervention

Secret: Between The Two Idols

In the early dawn, your mother who found out that you're asking for your driver to send you a working clothes and bathing things to your apartment, come straight to your apartment herself instead of your driver.

She's parking her car in the basement when you walk out of the building side by side holding hand with a handsome young man. You mom just recognize you by the same clothes you're wearing last night but couldn't recognize the man beside you.

"He looks like a foreigner. Is he her ex? He's a bit taller and skinnier though. Who is he?" Your mom try to focus on the guy next to you.

It when you sent him into his big black car a thought snap into her mind.

"Omo!!!"

 

 

 

....

 

 

 


You just push your floor button on the elevator when your mom hold the door to open.

"Omma!!!" You gasp, "What are you doing here?"

"Brought you the clothes you needed." She closes the elevator casually. "I bring you breakfast too, is Hyerin still in your room? She could join us too then. I thought you're going to her house last night."

"Ehm, she's... just went home, I actually... just take her off, that's why I'm here." You stutter. Your mom glares at you but look straight again.

"Oh." She gives an acknowledgement for your answer shortly.

When you two walk into your room, she looks detailed into your every corner. Your mom then notices the dirty dishes on your sink. While you notice there’s Siwon’s manly scent spread all over your living room.

"Mom, I don't have much time before I have to go to the office, so I'll take a shower okay?" You purse your lips while grab the towel your mom just brought  you. And then you flick your towel over and over again to disperse the scent that Siwon left. You don’t want give your mom a chance to suspicious about anything.

"Okay, let me do your dishes then, honey."

She always give you a lecture for 2 hours every time you forget to bring your dirty mug from your room to the kitchen, and now she's about to wash your dirty dishes from last night? Voluntary?

 



After you've done showering and change into your work suit, your mom prepared the breakfast for you.

"Honey..." She sits in front of you while watching you eat.

"Yes mom." Okay, here we go the dishes lecture..

"You know I want a Korean son in law right?" Huh??? "That's why I don't really like seeing your boyfriend when I visited you back when you're still in United State."

"My EX boyfriend." You corrected her. "And he's Korean mom, he just born in the State.."

She ignores you. "Truly Korean men have to serve the country and enlist for the army. A truly gentlemen have to be responsible with his own live before he can take care of you. For him to be established like that, need years of experience. And for you to have a relationship with 30 year old man now is a bit too far in age right, honey? That's why you have to patiently wait for the right guy to settled down and mature enough to take a big responsible for taking care of you and get married."

"Yes mom." Where is it going to end?

"You are a great woman, deserve a greater man. You've got a lot of things to achieve, you can't afford a big mistake. No matter how free your lifestyle is when you're in United State, it's not the same here, pregnant outside marriage..."

"What?! You know I can take care of myself right mom? I've live there alone for years without... without... I'm still a virg.." It's really an awkward conversation. "Just trust me okay mom. I'm late!"

It can't be... Did she smell a guy scent here? Did she manage to look at the security camera? Did saw me and Siwon earlier? Then should she be happy, if she knows it was Siwon? Oh, it must be nothing to do with him then. What did she just found out?



 


"Hahaha, that's almost a education, you know? Telling you, not to get pregnant." Hyerin laughs when you tell her how's your mother lecturing you.

You get out of the elevator first before Hyerin, "That's so embarrassing! I don't know how to react.".

"And why the hell were you let him went to your new house when I don’t even know where it's located??" This is the first time you bring Hyerin to your apartment.

You scoff, not just let him went to your house, you pick the whole things with him.

You put the password to your lock. And let Hyerin come in first.

"Huh? Is it done?" She asks.

"Oh, of course. What's wrong?" You look inside, there's nothing out of place. "Why?"

"Where's all the painting?"

"I don't have one. I never paint recently." You give her a drink and crash in the couch.

"Really?? You always paint or draw something when you're in love." She throws a comment while looks around. "It's too simple to be your flat. You'd fight me and others to keep the rusty woods and old metals furniture all over our flat, and now when you have the freedom to choose everything, you don’t buy those antiques?"

You get rid of the pillow that cover your sight and look around your own room. Compare to the old flat that you and Hyerin live for years, with the raw unfinished red brick wall and old furniture that you preserve and fix all over the place, this place was definitely doesn’t give a glimpse of your personality. You also used to have full wall drawing on your old room beside more than twenty small canvas painting hung on the living room, kitchen and almost all over places. That was more like studio/gallery then a student flat. But here, it’s more looks like your office than your own place.

"Where did you keep all of my paintings?"

"I sold them." You throw a cushion to Hyerin, she laughs and continues, "It's still on the same exact place..."

"Wait a second, my mom calls." You take your vibrated phone out and answer her call.
 


"What did she say?" Hyerin ask you when you turn off your phone.

"She said she'll pick me up here right now. She told me to sleep home and not to move here yet. Aish... Really... Siwon is going to come here tonight. What should I do?"

And that's not just one time. Now your mom not only diligently picks you up from office to home, she's now often take you to lunch and meet one of her friend there.

Not only feel bad for yourself, you also feel really bad for Siwon. You lose count how many time you turned his offer down for a lunch or just hanging around in your apartment because your mom tailed you for the entire day. You really want to see him that bad, so when he finally calls you, you pick the call up within the first ring.

 

“Hallo..”

"____, what event you said you'll be going tonight?" Siwon ask you on the phone while you're preparing yourself on the mirror to go to the event he just mention now.

"Charity event at W hotel. Why? Did you finish your work out with the members?"

"I did. But you know what? Somehow I also have to go to that charity event. Hehe." He childishly laughs. "My mom told me to come instead of her. But I'm going to run late, so I guess I'll see you there, then?"

 


With that phone call, you enjoy the charity event well. You spent most of your time just sit beside Lee Tae Goon the 'D' food brand CEO who keep on introduced you the name of people who come and greet him.

It's been days since you saw Siwon, so from the first time you set your foot in the event until near the end of the event you always look around to found him. The dinner with standing party concept come after that, but Siwon still hasn't appeared yet.

"You already know him?" Suddenly, the magazine editor (that also your health club-mate) stands beside you and offering you a glass of champagne. Lee Tae Goon look at her direction then give a polite bow of acknowledgment.

She's stand there with the two of you and did nothing but commented on every single other guess that pass you by.

"That's the grandchild of the 'K' car brand, he studied overseas but now his job is a party seeker. The girl beside him is a CF model." You and Lee Tae Goon just nodded your head without further interest. "When everybody else avoiding scandal, that such celebrity try to find one. It's somehow become her benefits. But if they broke up or something happen, you know what's going to happen to the car brand?" You look straight to her eyes. "The stock price will become unstable on the market. And that for him did nothing to do with the company, just becoming the heir. While the girl is not that famous. So yeah... Imagine if he’s the representative from his grandfather’s company and the girl he dated is from a famous idols.. What do you think will happen to the company??” You avoid her eyes and your mind started to race. Did she just give a hint about you and Siwon..?? “Oh! That's your heartthrob boyfriend!!"

It's like your biggest fear coming true. The timing for Siwon to come when you're between these people is just so wrong. You're in dilemma between greet Siwon and probably hug him so tight because you miss him so bad, or save him and yourself from being rumored by these people around you.

Before you could make up your mind, Siwon sees you and walks toward you. You sigh. But looking at him wave at you excitedly, you also wave at him as small as possible.

You stand in the middle of the magazine editor and Lee Tae Goon, the three of you facing Siwon altogether.

Siwon looks glowing and healthy not like the last time you saw him, so you really want to be next to him, squeeze his arm and compliment him for taking a good care for his body. But the magazine editor already talks with Siwon.

"It's been long..." Say the magazine editor woman, "You should have an exclusive interview with us again, this time you could bring your girlfriend." She grabs your shoulder. "She's pretty likeable, I believe your fans would allow you date her." She laughs.

Siwon laugh to her for politeness sake, but you almost roll your eyes. It makes Siwon turns his head to you.

"We're not dating..." Siwon reach his hand to you; give a gesture to make you come beside him. "She's little sister I treasure the most." He smoothen your bangs. "Please take a good care of her." He bow and grab your hand to permit yourself from the magazine editor and Lee Tae Goon. Siwon takes you to walk away from them. But as soon as you turn your head to other direction, you bump into other person.


"Oh.." You bow to see Mr. Jang, one of your father friend and let go Siwon's arms "Hallo.." Siwon follows you.

He nods to you and Siwon. "Ooh.. I thought you come here with your father.." He reaches to shake your and Siwon's hand. "You look good together..."

"Aahh.."  The speechless Siwon just politely smile to him. You found Siwon is also tired to explain to everybody.

What is wrong with you two that everybody sees you automatically thought that you're a couple?

You have been spent like almost two hours wandering around with Lee Tae Goon beside you, who is most likely to be your boyfriend. It also more make sense for him bring a girlfriend to this kind of event more than Siwon. But not even one person misunderstanding you to be Lee Tae Goon‘s girlfriend.

Siwon grabs you to walk with him to the deserted foyer near entrance door where no one really around.

"What's with everybody? Oh! And also the magazine editor! She's always like that." You whisper to Siwon when you walk away from them. "She kept on insisting we're dating even though I already said that we're not. It's really making me anxious because she could just throw a rumor on the media that could cost you a scandal. I don't want to make..." You stop because Siwon touches your furrowed eyebrows again.

"I understand." He smile and says in honorific playfully. You pout because you’re not satisfied with his answer but Siwon laughed and wrinkled his nose in adorable way before hold you into arms. “Next time will be just the two of us okay..”

For a second you couldn't really comprehend what's going on until you're buried in his chest. You can't breathe because this is Siwon who holds you into his arm. Him. Someone that can give you butterflies just by touches you on the forehead. But you literally can't breathe because your nose presses again his chest, so you peek outside his arms and rest your chin on his shoulder. But…
 

"Oppa..." You suddenly push his chest away.

"Omonaa!!!!" Behind Siwon, your mom and Siwon's mom close their mouth when know that the one they're seeing is their own children.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Please involve to the polls.. :^)

Thank you for subscribing and reading..

 

25 May 2013