Hong Kong accident

Secret: Between The Two Idols

“So can I treat you to dinner?” Asked Siwon over the phone.

You didn’t expect this, but you must be lie to yourself if his words didn’t make you stupidly smile and cover the phone. “Ehm, that would be good.”

 

 




You were thinking about that phone call a few days ago when you’re at a newly open spa around Seoul with your friend and bestfriend.

While the staff was treating your foot, you overheard the other staff that treated your bestfriend said something.
“Few days ago two member of SNSD came here and have a manicure and pedicure too. One of them picked the same color as you Miss.” She pointed at Hyerin.

“Bingo! Time for choose another color.” Said Soojin, your other friend.

“As much as I also didn’t fond of them, I don’t care, Soojin. I like this color. It’s not like everything those idol celebrities did followed by hundreds others.” Said Hyerin annoyed.

“But they did, Miss. Maybe not the manicure but the style they put on every time they hit a public place, it become a new trend.” Said the staff whot took charge of you.

“I work on a fashion magazine. So I know how the trend works. It’s just stupid community follow a stupid role model.” Said Soojin. “I mean look at them, it’s not their natural beauty, and still they admired them for their beauty.”

“The SNSD member had a really nice skin though…” whispered one of the staff to the other staff. You bet none of them would like to treat Soojin the next time she comes here.

“But that’s how it works.” you said. Hyerin and Soojin looked at your direction. “How do you think our national industry can take control of Asian market? The actors and the Idols are one of the major factors, because we sell our products through them. They are our country front liner, in term of business. Aren’t they?” You were asking Hyerin and Soojin innocently. The two stunned in place hearing you debating nice skin over national industry.

“Yes Miss. Choi Siwon also do some business. I heard from the other female Idols that have come here, that he’s very rich.” Said the staff excitedly.

You twitched when you heard his name. It’s not what you mean, but you nodded anyway. “By the way, the two of us had a full body spa treatment and it has to be done before 3 pm. Can we skip the massage? I’ll get it in the full body massage anyway…” you said to the staff and pointed at yourself and Hyerin.





“This place is terrible? I mean, come on, did Soojin just having an argument with a staff? That’s pointless. Should we just cancel our full body treatment and having another spa at my usual place next week?” asked Hyerin when just the two of you left for changing your clothes for the massage.

Hyerin seems to hate Soojin these days because she always mocked her.

You, Hyerin and Soojin were high school mate. While you and Hyerin continued to study aboard at United State, Soojin continued her fashion education in Paris. You and Soojin already graduated from uni, but Hyerin who failed at lot of her class haven’t finished her study. Now, she even postpone her study for one semester to come home to Seoul just because she feel lonely live alone in State.

“No way. You’re the one who suggest this place to me.” You answered and took off her clothes. “I need it for tonight anyway. You promise to accompany me to buy a shoe and go the hair salon after this. You can’t back up now! I have your words!” You dragged Hyerin to the massage table and laid her there.

“What is it for again? A business meeting?” asked Hyerin. You just shrugged. “Okay just stop it right there! I knew there’s something wrong about you, recently.” She’s pierced you with her eyes. “Did your mom set you on a blind date again today? Are you going to get married?” you just laughed and ignore Hyerin’s deadly stares. “Oh don’t expect your best friend to ignore all the fact that you receive skin treatments, you change the way you dress up and your hair is now even smoother than me. Come on spill it out! You can’t do this to me, I’m the beauty in our friendship and you’re the smart one. Don’t go overlap on my character…”

You scoffed. "I did all of that because my dad treat me like I'm the representative on his company and told me to have a meeting with million people almost everyday. It's not like I have fun doing all of that skin care stuff right before and after I sleep. Did you have fun doing it?" You said.

"And why the hell did you work on your father's company after you graduate from university in United State? You live your whole life painting for god sake! You should build your own business there and keep me company while I finish my degree." Hyerin pouted. She greeted the masseurs and laid on the table again.

"I can't do that. You'll learned your responsibility after you graduate. Just finish your degree as fast as possible and keep me companied here..." You also laid on the table while the masseur started to pour warm oil on your calves.

"What the... Do you think I'll be over the fact that you just talked about the idols as our country industrial front liner? What's that? You spent too much time in our beloved homeland." Hyerin laughed. "Oh, did you hear they were talking about your Super-Junior-Friends? Choi Siwon. He's deadly famous now!"

"Oh.." You answered shortly and avoided Hyerin eyes after that.

"Did your mom and his mom still try to get you guys together?" Hyerin was still laughing.

"No…" You answered as short as the previous one. Now you turned your head from facing Hyerin to facing the other side of the room.

Hyerin scrunched her brows together. "Oh, it can't be.. They still tried to do that! Don't they?"

"No..." You lazily answered.

"Wait a second... You never had a make up or hair do done on the salon before your other meeting. You even going to buy a new shoe... Oh, don't tell me... You're going out with him today! Don't you? That's why you really care about your appearance now, you talk deep about idol, you care so much about where you hang out and even the brand that you use!!" Screamed Hyerin. She made the masseur shocked and now was paying full attention to your answer.

You turned your head to Hyerin again and threw a small towel to her. "Of course not! We haven’t even met for years. Don't start a rumor..." You eyed the masseur around you to Hyerin.

Hyerin closed on order not scream and couldn’t event get her head straight after both of you leave the spa house and move on to the mall to buy a shoe.

"So you really had a date with him! Oh my god, my friend who once embarrassed by her nationality because of the K-pop boomed, now is going to get married with one of the top idol. I can't believe the power of your mom could chance you this much." Said Hyerin. She sat on a sofa while watched you put on a shoe.

"It's not a date... How many times did I have to say it? We'll just have a dinner. And our moms had nothing to do with this" You put out the shoe and point some shoes in the far corner for the employee to fetch the one you want. "Just don't say his name randomly like before. It's not like just the two of us know him." You whispered

"Do you remember when we still in high school, all of us were hang out at the mall, and we saw him? That was so funny. I remember Soojin was there too..." Said Hyerin.

"How could I forget?"






You and Hyerin were a student in a private boarding all girls’ high school. Along with Hyerin, Soojin and your other friends, you were in the exclusive club of that only 'the-daughter-of-‘someone’' can join. Since the school had dual language in their program, you and most of your friend only listened to international singers or watch international entertainment programs on your paid tv cable. Most of the student went overseas to continue their study. So none of them were into K-pop. Someone like Hyerin and Soojin even think that their music was just a crap.

Meanwhile, although your mother and Siwon's mother already knew each other for years, they only went to the conversation about getting both of their children together, near your high school years. They went to the same big church for Christmas service and ended up meet up together and introduce each of their children.

After that they often went to that church again and went to a family restaurant right after the service. Although you had no bad feeling about Siwon, but being constantly paired with him annoyed you. The fact that your mother even often talked about Siwon's profession as an actor and join in the just-debuted-boy-band, annoyed you even more.

One day on your high school days, you and your group of friends hung out around a mall for shopping. But there was a fan signing event there that made the whole department store filled up. Not to mention shopping, you couldn't even move around leisurely.

"What is this?? We only got today for shopping before the trip. What are those girls thinking? Super Junior.." Said the angry Hyerin.

When the crowd finally made into a line, you and your friend were able to move around and see the artist yourself, they walked to the long table where they should sign for the girls. It was back then when Super Junior was still in a long and spiky hair and had rocker style on. It was around don’t don or U era.

"That's them?? Those girls just line up and filled the whole mall just too meet THEM??" Said Soojin. You guys stood apart from the lined up fan girls, so you'd able to see clearly when all member of Super Junior walked while protected by a lot of bodyguard.

You stood behind Hyerin and tried to hide yourself from Siwon sight. "Oh, come on. Let's just go find what we need. I have to buy sleeping bag too.." You tried to pull Hyerin. But when Hyerin moved away, you could look at Siwon directly. Siwon was also looked at you.

“Girls, you have to be in the line.” said one of the securities to Soojin.

“We’re not here to meet them!” Soojin answered furiously. She also pulled Hyerin to move away from the fan signing area.

“Excuse me!” Siwon suddenly walked toward you and talked the security. “But she’s my friend.” He pointed at you.

All of your friend looked at you at amaze.

“He’s your friend?”
“You know him?”
“What is this? You’re his fans too?”

Asked your friend. You were about to say greeting to him but because of every eyes rest on you like that. You just sighed, pulled Hyerin and walked away from the area without said anything to Siwon.

You always refused if your mom took you to eat out with Siwon's family ever since. There's one time that's you had to meet them in an event, but you didn't greet him or even laid your eyes on Siwon the whole time.

 

 


That probably the last time you ever saw Siwon before you headed aboard to study. Until around October last year, when you just got back from State and represented your father and mother to attend a boutique opening in Hong Kong. You just knew that Siwon also invited to the opening when you arrive at the place and its street was filled with fans and Siwon's name on their placard.

You saw him a few times inside the venue but couldn't find a chance to greet him since everyone continuously greeted, talked, interviewed and snapped a picture with him. Although you practice to rephrases your apology about what happen years ago, you didn’t find the courage to come between him and all the people that continually coming to him.

You did saw his picture a couple of time on his CF, you knew that he become a handsome charismatic young man, but you didn't expect him to be this decent.
 

Later on that night when you’re just arrived at the hotel you stayed at, you and Siwon accidentally bumped to each other at the lobby.

"Shin ____? Oh my, that's why I thought I saw you at the event! It's been long." He stopped his way to the receptionist.

All of your words about apology fall scattered from your mind. You didn’t expect this kind of scenario. Bewildered, you were confusing what to do first...