I’ll do better

Secret: Between The Two Idols

"So have you been talk about it?" Ryeowook strides closer to Kyuhyun, when he saw him inside the practicing room.

"Mwoga?" Kyuhyun who sat on the floor with his eyes fixates on his phone, doesn't even look up to Ryewook.

"The thing with Siwon hyung. Did you talk to him?"

"Not yet."

"Yaa you said you'll going to talk to him before the smtown concept tonight.. What would you do when Siwon hyung coming tonight??" Ryeowook nudges Kyuhyun with his shoulder. Kyuhyun is bigger and sturdier, so Ryewook's nudges doesn't event moves Kyuhyun an inch.

Kyuhyun finally looked up from his phone then grins widely to Ryeowook, "It'll settled somehow.."

"How?"

"Ehmmm.." It's suddenly hard for Kyu to declare it by himself. "I talked to her.."

"And then??" Ryeowook widens his eyes and scoots closer.

Kyuhyun really takes his time to answer that. But before he even has a chance to rephrase the words, Kangin and Donghae and some managers come into the practice room all noisy. "Later.." Kyuhyun whispers to Ryeowook and comes back to his phone.

Ryeowook sulkily gets up and walks away from Kyu, just to passing Siwon who just comes in and darts directly to Kyuhyun's direction. Ryewook can't help but trailing his eyes on Siwon.

"Kyuhyun aah!! You.." Siwon points Kyuhyun while walking quickly toward him.

 

 

 

 

"Hyung hyung.. That's.." Ryewook whispers to Siwon in order not to fight in front of anybody because it'll be a mess.

But instead of screaming hates to Kyu, Siwon asks affectionately and full of aegyo instead, "Lately, why are you being so sluggish all the time? What's hap.." Siwon then realized Ryeowook's standing next to them, awkwardly. "Oh, why Ryeowook ah?"

"Aah.. Nothing.. I thought.." Ryeowook looks at somewhere else.. "Then I'll get going.. Enjoy your time."

Kyuhyun couldn't help it but chuckles seeing his best friend flustered like that.

"Oh! I haven't see you laugh for so long.." Siwon sits beside Kyu and puts his arm around Kyu's shoulder.

"Come on hyung it's not like I didn't even laugh lately." Kyuhyun gets his eyes back at his phone, but the fact that he lets Siwon hug him from the side is already a major movement for him.

"Yeah but being sullen all the time it's the same.. Why? What happened?"

"Well just. I got consumed by everything.."

"And now? You're getting better?"

"Most likely."

"Okay then.. Ehm.. You're stay until the end of the practice tonight right? Do you have another individual schedule?"

"I have to record something.."

Both of them fell into silence.

"Ya! Ya! Be a little more excited, can't you?? Be passionate!!" Siwon whacks Kyuhyun shoulders to pumped him up. But Kyuhyun still annoyed by his kindness.

"If we're not going to start soon, I'll get my iPad outside. I need to monitor something.." Kyuhyun left Siwon sits on the floor alone, with all his one sided love towards his little brother.

 


At night, the members and managers decided to order delivery food just because they have no energy left to go to restaurant after the practice ended. The leader is now with them again, so the hierarchy is strong again.

"Here're the last two jjajangmyun.." Kangin distributes the bowl to the person beside him. While the younger ones help to spread newspapers on the dance practice room, in order to keep the room clean if they spilled the soup around.

"Yaaaah.. It remind me of the old days when we used to eat like this on the floor?" Heechul mixes his noodle while looking siwon and donghae are placing the last newspaper, "It's really strange to see those kids doing this kind of stuff, just like maknae."

"It's because Kyuhyun and Ryeowook are not here.." Shindong laughs.

"Ya! I was busy preparing the food as well!" Eunhyuk felt being uncredited.

"You look suited for that job though, so it's not looking strange." Heechul's picked on Eunhyuk.

They're all laughing and continue to dig into their meals.

"So how does it feel? Having someone who taking care of you at home?" Eunhyuk's asking Sungmin who used to live in the same dorm with him and Kyuhyun but now is living with his girlfriend. Recently he told all the member about his plan on getting married later on this year, not all of them had the same voice in this issue, yet.

It’s quite for a few seconds. The member got tensed up. Eunhyuk looking at Leeteuk as if he said the wrong thing. But Leeteuk pretend that he’s busy with his food. Manager Yongsun clears his throat loudly, “I’ll bring water from outside.” Trying to warm up the conversation, he leaves the room.

"It's really.. full. I mean, after sometime, it's not about all lovey dovey, we fought a lot too sometime. But it really make your whole day meaningful.." Sungmin answers it timidly.

"Kyaaahh.." A few members react strongly to Sungmin's ment. While the others keep in silence.

"It's not always fun, guys.." Their manager, who already got married, warns them.

"But it still better than being alone." Donghae complains.

"It's make me feel so lonely though, hearing all that. The thing I hate the most about not working is getting into my empty house. It's really lonely." Leeteuk gives an empty smile to his bowl. Still not looking at Sungmin.

"Not to mention watching tv just worsening the feeling. Something like Superman's Return makes you think that married is the only way to get away from all this loneliness. Even people who didn't want to get married, find bless in it." Kangin join the topic.

"Bless in disguise sometime.." Another married manager adds.

"We look like a bunch of pathetic bachelors this way.." Siwon laughs.

"Ya! You have a serious girlfriend right now, you don't know how it feels!" Heechul scolds Siwon even before he finished his words.

"Nonetheless, I still go back to an empty house." Siwon's looking down.

"You're not moving together already? Why?" The manager in.

"Well.. I.. She.. I don’t want to.. We're not ready, I guess." Siwon keep his face straight, he doesn't want to bother the team about his little fight with you.

"Are you planning to marry her after your contract changes?" Asks Sungmin. "The Moms are not bothering you guys about marriage?" He asks this as quite as possible, so the other member can’t listen to this conversation.

"They never really involved in our relationship lately.." Siwon answers Sungmin slowly, letting the other members to ignore this topic and started to talking about something else. "I guess we’re not ready yet. She's not ready, she have to focus on her career more than anything else right now." Siwon continues to make a personal conversation with Sungmin who seated beside him.

"Yeah I heard she's the youngest director in our country, isn't she?"

"What?? Noo.. She's not a director yet, just a head of department. But.." Siwon loses track of what he's about to say.

"Still.. She's doing a great job in her company regardless her age." Sungmin talks lightly while munching his food.

"Is she?" Siwon half way to daydreaming.

"Isn't she? Anyway.. It's nice to be in relationships you wanted to be in and your families are old friends. She matches you very well too. Good job Siwon~a.. I'm happy for you." Sungmin pats Siwon's back.

Siwon smiles back to him but his mind went away.

Am I being too hard on her? She sure didn't really into my job as an idol, but at least she tried to get close to my fellow members.. This issue is so sensitive right now. A few members don’t really warm up to sungmin’s plan to get married. So letting the members get to know you in advance, Siwon thought, was the better solution for them to accept you as his girlfriend.

 

 

 

You curl on your bed, trying to cover all of you body below your thick blanket. After hell like days in the office and a cold message reply from Siwon, you feel like you lost your passion bit by bit to walk into the next day.

Suddenly your phone ringed.

"Where are you?" Siwon asks you.

".. home?" It's past mid night, like where else you could possibly at?

"Would you take a walk with me for a moment?"

"Now??" You quickly get off the bed.

"Just for a while. I'm already near your house. Ill be right there soon.."

 

 

"What's happened oppa?" You walk into his car.

Siwon doesn't waste any time and hug you instead. "I just.. want you to be by my side."

You take a deep breath and tighten your hold around him. "I'm here.." You can feel Siwon rests his head on your shoulder. "I'm sorry.. I'll do better."

“No. I’ll do better.”

Siwon and you spend half of hour ride holding hands and smiling ear to ear. When suddenly he buries your head in his arm without saying anything.

"Why? Why? Oppa?" You got shock and couldn't see anything.

"There's a car crash in front of us, I don't want you to see those kind of scene."

You peek through a small gaps to see his serious face when driving but still protected you in his arm. Awwww.. You can't help it but adoring him again. This is the only guy that can flips your whole world upside down within a split second. A moment ago the whole world was cold as f, and now you’re secured warmly inside his bear hug.

He took you to han river banks then parks his car there. "Woah.. Your clothes are all set, nice! Here let me fix this." Siwon wraps your scarf a little higher until slightly cover your mouth. While he cover up in his jacket's hoodie.

"Are we get out of this car here?"

"I want to take a walk with you. So yeah.."

You follow Siwon out of his car and slowly walk beside him. Still keep a clear distance in case someone can recognize him.

"I'm sorry if I didn't treat you the best for this past weeks." Siwon slides closer to you. "I'm a bit confused bout things and a little busy too."

"I understand oppa."

Somehow Siwon touched by your simple answer so he grabs your hand to strengthen his heart.

Beyond your will, you flinch a little. Doing this kind of skinship on public places is something you never dare to even imagine. Both of you stop in front of an empty basketball field. Siwon lets your hand go and walks toward the field.

“What’re you doing oppa?” You laugh at him.

Siwon laughs back at you while trying to get the spare ball on the rack. “Do you want me to teach you basket ball?”

You laugh harder and walk towards him. “What are you taking about? I played basketball in high school..”

“Really?” He stops dribbling. “Never heard that before.”

“There’s a lot of things you didn’t know about me.” You steal the ball from him and smirk. You dribble it like it’s no big deal.

Siwon bite his lips, teased.

You want to poke him where it hurts, so you just say things without thinking. “Out of five tries, the one who score the most must be granted the other wish.”

“Call!” Siwon takes the chance to steal the ball from you when you’re unguarded. “What’s your wish?”

“1 night 2 days trip. We can go somewhere close, or we don’t have to go somewhere else. Just stay at the apartment, and do all the fun activities for those couple of days.”

“Okay! I like it! You’ll go first.” Siwon gives the ball to you.

He ended up cheering you all way and even corrected your position. You’ve got 2 score out of 5, with your final throw. And Siwon opens his arm wide to hug you. "As expected! My girlfriend!" He hugs you and turns you around.

You couldn't hold your smile since then, until he does his five chances, and got 4 score out of five tries. Derping hard, frowning, you walk closer to him.

"So what is your wish? You won.."

Siwon smiles widely, amused by your defeated face. Wondering why you're so upset that you lose, he'll granted your wish anyway. He holds both of your arms and swings it slightly. "You know.. tomorrow I'll be practicing for the concert all day long. And to boost up the mood, I want to buy the meals for all the members, managers and staffs. Can you come to the company and help me give it to the members after you get back from the office?"

You look up, "Me??"

Siwon chuckles. "Yeah. I want you to meet the guys, let's order it tonight.." he puts the ball back to the place where it belongs. Both of you started walk around again.

You widen your eyes. Meet the guys? But you conceal your excitement by thinking about something else. "Oppa! Do you think they're still open in this wee hour? I'll order it in the morning. What do you want?"

"Ehmm.." Siwon's thinking while puts his arm around your shoulders. His embrace is so warm, it melts your heart. "What's that catering that the fans often gave us?? Somekind of organic co or something with organic in their name.."

"Aah.. You want it to be be just like the fans treat? Something like lunch box per person?"

"You knew it?"

"Of course, that's what I ordered for your filming in Beijing.." Upon hears this Siwon felt sooo much sorry for you that he forgot you ever did that, yet he thought you never did anything for their relationship. "Don't you think a buffet will be better? They can eat whatever they want.. Although the place for the buffet table and the time to prepare it would be a problem, right?"

Siwon caresses the top of your head adoringly, "Just order the lunch box style.. It'll be more easy for you to order.. Oh by the way!" He takes out his wallet from his jeans. "Here.." He gives you a platinum credit card.

"Oh? It's okay.. I'll use mine." You push his hand away.

"No no no no.." He shoves the card into your palm. "From now on, I want you to use this for everything you'll need." And both of you just staring at each other for a good few second without saying anything.

Refusing again will hurt Oppa’s heart. We’re just made up, I don’t want to argue with him over trivial things. You think.

"Okay.." You smile at him.

Siwon grins like a baby boy and he hugs you from aside while walking to the car. You felt so silly that his hug made you so warm until the very heart. You got teary just with a simple gesture form your boyfriend.

 

•••

 

The higher up calls manager Youngsun to talk about Suju’s plan and about Sungmin’s conflict too. Also confirm about all the members’ dating status just to be ready if something comes up in the future.

“So Kyuhyun is currently single? So who is this?”

He show manager Youngsun a formal picture of Kyuhyun, you and the art curator from the Bonte Museum. It taken months ago when you and Kyuhyun went to Jeju for a short escape.

“Uhmmm..” manager Youngsun tries to comprehend the news himself. “She is the members’s close friend. She especially close with Siwon because their family knew each other since they were little, but recently the other members too often meet her, like Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk.” He’s a bit hesitating to explain that you are Siwon’s girlfriend, although he already mention Siwon is currently dating.

“But doesn’t it look like Kyuhyun went on vacation with her, just the two of them?”

That’s my point, what was she doing at Jeju with Kyuhyun when she is Siwon’s girlfriend? “No sir, Kyuhyun visit his old friends there, and he departed from Seoul alone. Maybe he accidentally met her there. But there’s nothing going on between them. I can assure that.”

“Just make sure all of them not troubled with the scandal, as much as you can. I don't even know how to handle the marriage plan. I guess the rest of the members need to stay low for a while. We can't afford more scandal in suju. They’re going to have a big comeback with a complete member for god sake.”

“Yes sir. Sorry for bothering you with this nuisance.”

Manager Youngsun excuses himself and calls manager Junghoon. “How’s Siwon with his girlfriend?”

“Getting pretty.. hmm.. Intense. Why?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“She just told me that she’ll provide dinner for the whole members and staffs for the guys’ rehearsal.. Siwon already told me though last night, but she just confirmed it to me this noon.”

“Great. Is Kyuhyun there?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“He’s pretty close with Nara right? She came to his filming where managers and staffs saw them right?” Suddenly manager Youngsun remembers Ryeowook’s concern.

“Uhm.. yes? Why?”

“Nothing.. I’ll be there soon.”

 

 

Siwon's laughing as soon as he sees the meal boxes stacked up in the hallway. All of them had the super junior picture in the cover and titled:

'Suju's rehearsal for SMtown.
Please take a great care of them..
Eat a lot..'

Fan project.. Siwon laughs. She really do what she‘d told.

"Ige mwoya??" Shindong's wondering upon seeing the cover on the meal boxes. "You order it?"

"Ne.. Please eat a lot." Siwon laughs.

Suddenly you walk in the hallway towards them, accompanied by manager Junghoon. Both of you followed by delivery guys who carry another big boxes.

"Oh! Hello! Siwon ordered all of this?" Shindong asks you properly.

"Hello.. Yes, Siwon oppa order all of this." You bow to Shindong.

Siwon proudly smiles and reaches out his hand to you. Although you're really shy to do it in front of everybody, but who can resist his smile like that.

As soon as he grabbed your hand, he holds you from aside. "She did all of this for me." Siwon's showing you off to his hyung and manager.

"Aww ouch.." Shindong closes his eyes, joking. "I can't watch this, I can't watch this.." He then runs to the practice room.

"You came here right from your office?" Siwon and you take your time to walk back to his practice room.

No, you bought the snacks and ordered beverages first. But you can manage to did all of that before came to his company at 6 pm just because you got off of the office two hours earlier that you supposed to be. "Yes.."

"Ah.. Thank you for your hardwork." He squeezes your fingers in his. "The guys might look rude when they're joking.. But it's their way to make it less awkward, so.."

"It's okay, it's not my first time meeting all of them." You assured Siwon.

"Yeah.. But I've never introduced you formally as my girlfriend to them before."

Siwon massages his nape nervously with a shy smile plastered in his face, while you're grinning at the idea that he's so cute when he's shy. "Mwoya oppa.." You hit his hand.

"Ready..?" He looked at you before open the practice room.

 

"Whaat??"

"Mwoyaaaa!!! What with that linked fingers??!" The members protests as soon as Siwon walks into the room with you.

Kyu darted his sight to the entrance, follows the noise only to find you're standing there with a shy smile and holding for your life to Siwon's arm. He soon regrets it and is going to look away when you're waving to him, deliver greeting.

"Oh anyeong.." Kyuhyun waves at you out of courtesy and look away as soon as he can.

"Let's take a break.." Siwon makes the guys come closer. "Let's eat first, Nara here already bring us food."

"Whooaaahh.." All of the guys but Kyu make commotion out of it.

 

"Kyuhyun~ah, you're not going to eat that?" Leeteuk asks Kyu who manage to excluded himself from all of the conversations that being spotlighted both you and Siwon.

Kyu leans forward and puts down his phone to his lap. He's been in a hot debate with himself since he knew you're the one who bought the food, whether not to accept it to show everybody that he throw a tantrum, or just eat it silently and not make a fuss out of nothing.

"You can just take the salad if you can't eat." Donghae points another pile of boxes in the middle of the room.

"Ani.. I need to go to the bathroom." Kyu excuses himself from the group, with a concern eyes from Ryeowook.

When he come backs in after relaxing himself out, Kyu finds everybody already sit closer to each other in circle and already dig in their food. The only gap left in the circle is a place beside you.

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath and bravely walks to that gap.

“Oh Kyuhyunah! Eat a lot..” Siwon extends his arm to pat Kyuhyun’s back. You automatically look at him who’s take a seat beside you.

"Hey.." You're welcoming Kyuhyun with big smile on your face.

"Hey.." Kyuhyun smiles out of his will and just sit there awkwardly. "So how's life?" He finally lets out a few words after a long deathly silence. Still used up all of his force not to look at your direction.

"It's okay I guess.. It's fine, how about you oppa?" You bow a little in order to look him at the face.

"Not bad.." Accidentally Kyuhyun looks back at you, and he stays there. Trapped on your shining dark eyes, that could reflect the smile on your lips.

"Why? Your works get overloaded?"

"No.." Kyuhyun weakly answers.

"Personal stuff?"

"No."

"Uhmm.. You just getting tired of all of these?" You talk slowly.

"I guess.."

"Be strong oppa.. You gave happiness to thousands other people, so you have to be happy in the first place.." You say the exact same phrase as you said when you're drunk.

Kyuhyun hesitatingly looks at your eyes. If it's not a sincere love, the one that's not requiring the other to love her back, that she is giving me right now, then I must be damned not to look around that I actually received so much more love than I ever gave her.

"I'm sorry.."

You look shocked, "Why?"

"Because I just realize your sincerity by now." Kyuhyun smiles, intentionally.

"Why?? Why you acting this wa..."

"So you're going to smtown?" Donghae cuts your conversation with Kyuhyun and sit in front of you.

"No.." Siwon answers it for you.

"Pardon?" It's not like you didn't hear what Donghae was asking about, you just want to confirm it again because Siwon said 'no'.

"Aah.. Okay." Donghae get back to his food, while you're looking down. Why? Isn't it going to be fun? You silently looking at the wooden floor.

Manager Youngsun who watched Kyuhyun, you and Siwon’s interactions couldn’t really found out what’s wrong.

 

 

"I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to talk much back then.." You steal a moment to catch Kyuhyun up before get back home.

"It's okay.. Thanks for the food." Kyuhyun rumbles your hair lovingly, "Take care.."

"Sure oppa." You give him one last smile, ready to run forward to Siwon who's going to take you back to your car.

"Nara yaah.." Kyuhyun calls you back.

"Ne?" You look back to him.

Kyuhyun suddenly pulls you into a big hug for a few seconds without saying anything. He couldn't hold himself back.

"O..oppa..?"

Kyuhyun is smiling as soon as he lets you off of him. "Be happy with Hyung."

You look at his back walking away from you, wondering what's wrong. But you just grin widely and run to Siwon quickly.

 

 

“Kyuhyun~ah..” manager Youngsun waits for Kyuhyun in front of practice room. “What are you doing?” He asks casually.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for reading, subscribing and please comment a lot.. I want to hear your opinion

 

 

 

31 January 2018