White Chrysanthemum

Secret: Between The Two Idols
"I'm sorry.." You cling over his neck. He stay still, look over your head to the ceiling. "I said I'm sorry." You kiss him, he doesn't avoid you.
"What for?" Siwon tries to be indifferent although you know he's going to smile soon. He absentmindedly rest his hands on your hips.
"Being stupid and made you angry.." You look up, desperately want make him looks at you.
"Since when did you have this kind of aegyo?" Siwon holds you up in his arms and walks inside, a small smile creeps upon his face.
 
 
 
 
"What aegyo?" You pretend to be innocent. He drop you down in the dining room. "Did you cook it all by your self?"
 
"I.. happen to ordered it. My cooking skill was too shy today. And I prepared another thing so it kind of distracted me from cooking."
 
You just rolling your eyes. "Then should I reheat it?" You're ready to grab some plate when Siwon put a little box on the table in between the plate from his pocket.
 
You're glancing toward that little box. It's light turquoise with white beautiful ribbons. It really draw your attention towards it, there's no room for you to ignore it or to act not interested. "What is this?" A Tiffany! Like you wouldn't know!
 
"For you, open it.."
 
Holly sh!!!! Proposal??? Like right now????? Now now? Is he sure? We haven't even going out for half a year! Really? Isn't it too quick?
 
Oh my god what should I answer??
 
So that's why he badly wanted us to have a time for our own.
 
You're trembling as you take the box. Siwon is still standing beside you. Shouldn't he already in his knee by now?
 
"What is this?" You ask him, blushing all the way.
 
"Hurry open it."
 
You open it slowly..
 
You can see a silver shine. It's round. Oh my god! It's right! It's a ring!! It has a a blue marquise cut shaped diamond. It looks like, wait.. "Mwoyaaaaa..." You're whining to Siwon.
 
"Why why?" Siwon is all laughing, "Don't you glad I found your lost ring?"
 
You put down the ring in its box, "Oh, thanks." You answer him sarcastically and grab the plate instead, deflated.
 
"Don't you want to open it completely? Should I put this on you?"
 
You ignore him.
 
Walk to the kitchen counter all by yourself, you can hear Siwon is still laughing. It's too mean. You can cry out in any second by now. But Siwon suddenly appear behind you while you shove the plate inside the microwave.
 
"Do you even wondering where you lost it?" Siwon is hugging you from behind. Showering you with kisses from the top of your head to the shoulder.
 
"응.." You can't even produce any word.
 
"At the fridge.." Siwon tries to look at your face but you're avoiding him. Just nod at his words. "Just stay here tonight, I'll take you to office tomorrow."
 
"Eung.." You're giving the same answer.
 
So after you change to his shirt and get on to bed, you laying on the edge of the bed, facing your back towards Siwon's side. It's the first time ever. Usually you just jump to his arm right away, snuggling in every chance you get. But tonight you just want to curling alone. Alone.
 
It's when suddenly Siwon hand creeps on your tummy and he pulls you closer to spooning with him. "Are still upset?" He asks.
 
You didn't answer him nor pretend to be asleep as well.
 
"Why?" He asks tenderly. "Because I got mad at you although you also didn't want to be with that magazine editor?" You still in silence, "Because you want us to have fun with my hyungs too?" Still no answer, "No? Why?" You hate it how can he annoyed you in one minute, make you all giggly in another and turn it down completely in another minutes.
 
"I really want to always be by your side.. so.. it's maybe means nothing. It doesn't mean anything, it's just really pretty and it reminds me of you." Siwon stealthily slither something through your index finger. The easiest one that he can completed. There, rest a ring, with a circulars infinity carve on it, decorated with tiny diamonds all over.
 
Siwon draws your left hand up above to see how the ring looks like on your finger. "Pretty isn't it?"
 
"Oh.." You've got a really mixed feelings. Now you already thought about proposal the moment you saw the ring's box, to hear him said that 'it doesn't mean anything' made you really really disappointed for no reason.
 
Like, if he didn't prepare this event you wouldn't even think of getting engaged ever! Just before you saw the ring's box, if both of you talk logically about married or even engaged then you would casually answer that both of you shouldn't think about it now, maybe a few years later. But now the Pandora's box is opened. You can't tell what you exactly felt.
 
"It's pretty.. Thank you so much, oppa." You turn around to face him and hug him, burying your face in his chest, still couldn't see him in the eye, in case you suddenly bawling out loud. You grab Siwon's shirt on his back when the ring almost slips off your finger, it's too big, he must be buy it in the same size as your other ring that he founded.
 
 
 
 
 
"So about the showcase, we really want you to come too." Says the Hermes representative, from the other side of the phone. "We can set all what you need to get here, are you available on that date?"
 
"Sure.. It would be really fun." They just told you that the collection that you participated in the pattern drawing would be launched soon. "Wait a minute, the showcase will be held in.."
 
"Paris. We will take care of your visa and ticketing soon. We just need your approval and provide some supporting documents. Are you going to take your manager and assistants? So you need to complete their documents too."
 
"I don't think I can go to Paris in the near future though. Because I'm a full time worker now, and the showcase is on what day? Wednesday right?"
 
"It's Thursday till friday. But is it okay for us to take care of your visa, I mean, who knows you can go on that day.. We really keen to see you stand here with us for the showcase."
 
"Uhm.. Sure. I'm going to check in my schedule first.."
 
Paris? These day? Absurd! My employees going to bury me alive if I go leisurely for a few days off office.
 
Going with Siwon would be really fun! Can he manage to go unnoticed?
 
What the hell am I talking about? He got a lot of fans there!!
 
Manager or assistants? Then who should I bring with me? When the last time mom went to Paris? Should I bring her? It would looks dumb if I go alone.
 
Like hell I'm going to be allowed take days off.
 
 
Then you're awakes by the vibration of your cellphone.
 
"Hello. Can I speak Shin representative?" Someone calls you to your personal cellphone.
 
Like, do you really expect my secretary to answers it if you call my personal number? Of course it's me. "Yes, it's me. Who am I talking to?"
 
"I'm Kim Sang Tae, from Verne Magazine, how are you?"
 
And she continued to talk nicely for a few minutes before,
 
"I would like to propose you an interview."
 
"Okay, but how could you get my number? It should be to the public release.. Wait a second I'll redirect the call to the promotion and public release, wait a second.."
 
"No no, it's for your personal interview. I heard you interested in fashion these days?"
 
"Ne?" Woow words really travel fast, I just got the hung up the phone and they already knew the news.
 
 
And that day you receive two interview offers in an instant through your personal number. You're about to brag out to Siwon, although you're not a celebrity, at least you did this. But you've got another idea not to tell him anything but show him the article once it out instead.
 
"Miss you can come in right now." The secretary of your CEO wakes you up from your daydream.
 
"Hey! We haven't talk for ages! Do even know that we're working in the same building?" Your CEO greets and jokes casually. He was your father's trusted employee back when he was in his twenties, you remember seeing him a lot in the company outings or when you're playing in your father office when you're still in school.
 
"How Raim and Rael are doing?" You're asking about his children.
 
"They're doing great, Rael got scolded a lot in the school because she always make the others fight. I really want to have a daughter because of you but now it seem like I raised two son instead." He laughs.
 
"She's got into school already? The last time I saw her she barely said 'mom'."
 
"Time flies. So.. How are you?"
 
"Good. Thank you.. Actually Mr. CEO, I'm here because I receive a couple of interview offers few days ago, although they said it's not about work, I'll cross check with the legal and selling department to make sure the list of project that couldn't be mention. I just want to make sure that's it's okay for me to take those interview."
 
"Of course.. So what is it? It's like fashion things or something else?"
 
"Yes it's about the Hermes. The collection will be out this season.. Please buy a lot." You're joking. "Sir.. There's one more, I knew that it actually up to me to decide on this matter. But would it be ethically alright if I takes three days off, like in the next few weeks?"
 
"Uhm? Well it's depend on you, of course you've got your right to take days off, but.. Anyway what for?"
 
"They want me to join the showcase in Paris when the collection is launched."
 
"Really? Wow! Congratulation!! You're going international or something?"
 
"That's the problem, is it okay for me to take the offer? I mean, I'm working full time here."
 
"It's okay, what are you talking about! It's not like you're working for them on daily basis. People on your position level got their own stocks and other business too.. It's okay. Go ahead fly to Paris! Make us proud!"
 
"Thank you so much Mr. CEO, for letting me takes the opportunity."
 
"____ ya, I knew you since you're a little girl. I'm like your own uncle." He talks informally, "I know you're good at that kind of thing, how can I prevent you."
 
"Thank you so much.." You're about to take a leave.
 
"Is it hard? To be the head of department?"
 
"It's kinda hard to meet the expectation from the higher up and the my employees at the same time." You can only let out an empty laugh.
 
"Aigoo.. Of course.. I know. Just ignore what everybody said if it's not a constructive criticism, ignore it. Fix your eyes on the goal. I know there's a lot of rumors circulating in the office.." Even The CEO knows it! So embarassing! If there's a chance, you really want to hide from him forever. "When someone belittled you, don't talk back, just show them that you're more than that."
 
"Sir.." You look like you're about to cry.
 
"Remember when you're get into this office as an intern who nobody know who are your parents are? I don't even know you're already back to the country. But you impressed the whole selling department, because you're diligent and wanted to learn what they told you to do and so smart but still polite, you exceed everybody's expectation as an intern. And on the final presentation, when every intern just make slide of what they're doing on the past internship term, and the best presentation so far was a presentation from an invention of the most effective apartment unit design idea completed with a miniature model (that was presented by me, yeaaaarrrss ago). You came up that day with a real promotion event that attended by real communities to sell the rare apartment units that no one in the marketing department could ever sold for almost three years since its launching. And you manage to sealed the deal to sold five of the units to those people."
 
You remember that day. The final presentation for intern that'd been judge by the higher up and the CEO him self. Your father was there and promise you not to tell everyone that you're his daughter, so almost for the whole presentation and the promotional event you tried so hard to avoid your father.
 
"And the chairmans, directors, and stake holders suddenly talk about you and want to hire you immediately and put you as the head of the marketing department. And I realized that day, that the only Shin ____ that can pull up that amazing job was you. I knew it immediately when your father didn't even speak a word about your performance and I knew he overwhelmed by other people's reaction. Even I had the same dilemma, I want to give the head department place as your rewards, but I also don't want you to had the pressure to work in the same environment where your dad and me were one of the decision makers. So I decided to put you as a staff in the marketing department instead, when everybody started to knew that you're the chairman's daughter. That way you can learn a lot before being put a bigger responsibility and also cope with prejudice from the other employees that you get the job because of your father, when in fact you're accepted with no one knew about who's your father except me. Until we opened the new public relation department with you as the head of department."
 
"Did you know why we create this department?" He asks, you shakes your head, "Because this way you can spill everything in your head to create mind blowing method to introduce our products and mission to public, that it's not just about selling property, but it create a new city like Songdo, with a healthier and happier habit, but also answer to a dream of having their first affordable home ever. In the other hand, we believe you can take your employees's heart because of your character. You don't need to please both side, just be you. A best version of yourself."
 
You can just run for a hug if you're not remember he's your CEO. "I will. I won't disappoint you and your trust on me."
 
"I know you won't. But there's your employees you need to take care of, treat them your best, so they can help you to reach your goal. Make that their goals too. All of them are youngster, like you! Go party like crazy to attain a lot of fresh idea. Maybe they would love it if you bring your boyfriend over." He laughs, teasing you.
 
"They hate it, they made fun of us." You also laugh.
 
"He's kinda likable. Anyway, speaking of him, are you going to make announcement on public that you're dating?" He raises one of his eyebrows.
 
"No no no.. It'll be violating his contract, so I guest we'll make it.." Did I just discussing Siwon and my love live with my boss?? The hell.. "As soundless as possible." You absentmindedly touch the ring that Siwon gave you. It's too big even for your thumb so you hang it in your necklace that also given by Siwon.
 
"Good then, as a representative and your father's daughter, you really can't afford that kind of rumor. Furthermore, he's a celebrity, an idol with a large fan base. I hope you guys will be very careful."
 
"I will.."
 
"I hope you happy with him too."
 
뭐야 이게! You're in mental breakdown. You respect him in every angle of his life, so you trust his judgement and receive his advice. Hearing him compliment you and expect you to do a lot more, give you courage to boost you up for a whole year, but hearing him corncern about your relationship with Siwon, make you worry even more. The CEO actually brought his head of public relation and her relationship with the idol into his consideration, how important and worrisome has it been that he had to tell you to be careful. 
 
You call Siwon right away after you get back to your department, but he's not answering. It's almost lunch time though, both of you usually spent the whole lunch time to call each other. But you suddenly remember what your CEO told you, to embrace your employees.
 
"Is this the story board?" You cooly join on of the group that using the round disscusion table, some of them nod. After that their disscusion slowly muted down. "Go on, I just want to look around." You walk a few step away to give them privacy, but it already lunch time. Some of your employees get up to go to each other and begin to scatter around.
 
And suddenly, you became like in the video clip when you're the only one standing still while the other move around to random place around you. Some of them directly go the elevator, while the other walk to their friend's table and ask them to go out with them. People walk from all direction to another direction, all over you, but no one use their time to come over you to ask you to join them. Just in about 5 minutes, the whole space in your department go from subdue to noisy and loud to become deserted.
 
And you're almost all alone, scratching your nape in the middle of the room. Feeling more miserable than ever.
 
 
 
 
That makes you in a hard position to answer one question in your interview. "Being the leader in such young age, how do you handle your employee that a lot older than you, how's the hierarchy working?" This question wasn't in the question list they sent that you already approved beforehand.
 
You attempt to answer it charismatically, but nothing come across your mind right now. "Well the first thing I need them to know that we're after the same goal, so when we're working, whoever idea is going to be implemented, the other will accept it open-mindedly."
 
Right after you closed your lips, you realize, your answer is not coherent to the question. To prevent you from cursing, you bite your lips.
 
"Oh I see, you're great handling your relationship with other. It leads to.. I heard that you keep your romantic relationship secretly, although rumor has it, he's a very famous and influential celebrity in our country."
 
You can't hide your shock face very well but try to composed yourself. It's not in the question list too. You have the rights to refuse to answer that, but if you're not answer it, it would be like an agreement that you really dating him. The best solution is lie, but your conscious really don't want to lie. Half because you don't want to deny that you are dating Siwon, the other half you worry about the consequence about the lie. Again, you touch the ring from Siwon from outside of your blouse.
 
"I would like to keep my personal live in private wheter I'm dating or not." You smile with the most polite way you can pull. "It's also not in the approved question list, reporter-nim.." You act a bit cutesy.
 
"Then, just answer this, he's an idol right?" The reporter acts cute too.
 
"No, no. It's not in the question list, how can I answer? Don't publish it, pleasee.."
 
You thought at least you can handle it quite well. But the next few days..
 
"The readers going to much more love it if we also include this topic.." The reporter from another magazine interviews you right after your photo shoot had finished. "How's your love life?"
 
"I rather to share only my work stuffs to public." You try to smile. But to think about it, she didn't even mention about hermes at all. All of the interview basically just about your background, from your college, your position at work your lifestyle, she didn't even know that you're your dad's daughter.
 
"But it won't be interesting. People always love to hear about others romance. So how did you met him?" She asks again, you just smile while raise your eyebrows. "It's not like we don't know who he is.."
 
And you know it right away. They didn't even bother to know about your achievement, they just want to confirm about Siwon's relationship and before that, it's better for them to know your background too. No wonder you have this kind of photo shoot where there're even three clothing concepts, while the last interview just need one simple self portrait photo shoot.
 
The magazine logo on the reporter's tablet attract your eyes. Wait. These two magazines are in the same media corporation with 'A' high fashion magazine that your gym mate Yoo editor in chief and Soojin are work for. Your last interview is for a local not-so-high-fashion magazine while this one for lifestyle magazine. Aish.. What the hell! You're going to kill Soojin!
 
"I think the agreement that I've signed not include this kind of question." You answer it sternly.
 
It's saddening, you want to show off to Siwon that you've got interview offers when in fact you've got all of this just because everybody wanted to know about Siwon's relationship.
 
You feel like.. you worth nothing.
 
 
••
 
 
While Kyuhyun feels like a crap. His schedule are full packed, although people said it's the best cure for a broken heart, but he felt like he'd been dragged here and there out of his own will.
 
It's been quite sometime since he found out about you and Siwon, both of yours and Siwon's image are froze in his heart, but the pain won't go away. He feels so pathetic that every time we went through something that remind him of you or Siwon, he immediately thought of when were all of that gone wrong, what did he do wrong. Did you swayed away by Siwon the night he got drunk, or you and Siwon finally caved to your moms, or you really a two timer since the very beginning. But Kyuhyun knew that Siwon was aware of your closeness with him, and Kyuhyun knew Siwon never interested in you as a woman and always just treated you like his dongsaeng. So Siwon hyung should know it better who's on the wrong side, shouldn't he? At least he should talk about it with me privately. I would talk if I'm in his position. Even if she has he heart to do it, I can't believe you can do this to your own dongsaeng without any guilt and pretends that everything's okay between us.
 
Like right now, all of the members are doing VCR filming, Kyuhyun is now successfully blends in the crowds. But he finds Siwon being around is a nuisance. He hates every greasy joke Siwon conveyed, every cool poses he pulled, every laugh he made. Until when will the two of them pretend nothing happened between them in front of the members?
 
Kyuhyun never had a thought of leaving this group ever since his first few months that he joined in it. He doesn't want to leave now too, but it's been too hard for him. He's been in a worst condition compare to this, even a worse broke up, but now, he felt like everything he did was pointless, purposeless and heartless. It's just empty.
 
Suddenly Kyuhyun feels someone rumbles his hair.
 
"Ya! Why are you like this?" Siwon puts his hand on Kyuhyun's shoulder after he rumbled Kyuhyun's hair.
 
Kyuhyun turns to Siwon, their eyes meet. Kyuhyun really held his urge not to yell at Siwon or punch him in the face, so he turns back. Okay, let's talk and get it over once and for all.. "Is there something you want to talk to me?"
 
"Uh? Oh.. Did the musical really hard?" Siwon asks.
 
Kyuhyun both disappointed and loses for words. "What?!"
 
"You're seem so gloomy these days, did the musical really hard?"
 
Are you kidding me?? So we're just going pretend that that was never happen? "That's it? Was my musical really hard?" Siwon innocently nods, "Dweso." He answers simply and left Siwon's alone.
 
"What.." Siwon left speechless.
 
Every members got their 'PMS' sometime, and everybody else completely understand when to leave them alone or to stay by their side. In this case Siwon knew his limit not to confront Kyuhyun right now, he knows he's a bit too pushover, he might intended to soothe Kyu but it could ended up in argument. Eunhyuk and Leeteuk are better in this area, Siwon is going to let them be although it's really bothering him to see Kyuhyun always turn his back on him lately.
 
 
••
 
 
In order to blend well with everybody, now you often spent time outside your working room. This afternoon you're working on the concept of the future masterplan with a few of planning team and your assistant in the discussion table.
 
"Miss, there's a package for you, should I bring this to your room?"
 
"No, just leave here, thank you." You steal a glance at the package. What is this? You wondering but keep your mind on the concept until one of the designer wrap things up.
 
Silently, you break the plastic seal and open the card box. Strange.. You're squinting your eyes. The box smell funny and it contains a few white chrysanthemum flowers and a bundled of print outs in a poster thick a3 paper size. In the first paper there's a collection of your pictures taken candidly from afar when you're out of the office, at the hotel parking lot where your gym located, supermarket, riverside park when you're running with Bugsy.
 
"What is this?" All smiling you ask your assistant beside you. You thought it was such a jokes your employees created. "You followed me or something?"
 
You can see your assistant expression changes, he smiles to you because you also smiling, but then he's kind of confused looking at the picture, "What is this?"
 
"It's not you or the kids?" You also confused.
 
"Could this be.. the higher officer stalked you? They want to do harm to you or something.." He whispers.
 
"No way.." You grab the rest of the paper inside the box and looking at it one by one. The next paper is your whole resume you used to put in your CV got printed out in the poster. Completed with your elementary school until your high school name. It also noted precisely your position at work also your office and which floor.
 
When you put away that paper and look into the next paper.
 
But
 
"Aaaaaa!"
 
You throw the paper and the whole box as far as you can in instant because of shock and scared, in the same time you scream from the top of your lungs that draw your whole employees's attention towards you.
 
"Who did this??!! It's not funny!!"
 
Your assistant quickly grab the paper you just throw to know what is it. It's a print out of your official office picture, with you in a formal blazer and smile formally to the camera. But on the edge of the picture it surrounded with white decoration and a bow that usually used for the picture of when someone passing away. The whole picture is covered with blood color stains. Like really thick but already dry blood stain. And you believe that it really dried blood because it smells fishy and also like a rotten something. You throw it away and wish you would never know where the blood come from.
 
Soon, the other employees that heard your scream come around to the discussing table, and the employee that already there, take the scattered papers that you threw away from the table.
 
"Ya!! Who is it?!! I'll call the cop.." Your asistant looks at your covered blood picture, decided not to touch it either. "It's a crime! And I'll.."
 
"But sir.." One of your employee who pick up the scattered papers, "I don't think this prank is from one of us.." He picks one paper on the very edge and show it you.
 
It's varieties of candid photos of you and Siwon outside of the restaurants and some inside the restaurant, on the set from his movie in Beijing, and in the car when he's about to take you to the office. Some of it you don't even recognize where or when was it taken. All of your face was burned with something like a cigarette because of the size.
 
You just stand there see those from afar and stay still, in shock. 
 
"Miss rep.."
 
There's a specific paper that being hold by your other employee that got your attention, it's written: 'Go back to your ordinary life, don't seek popularity and bring our oppa down! Witch!'

 

 
 

 

 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 Author's note: Thank you for subscribing and reading.. Sorry I haven't reply any of your comments and messages, I'll do it immediately 

Enjoy reading.. And if you like it, you can started to upvote too you know.. hehehe thank you..

 

 

21 May 2015