The Hyungs

Secret: Between The Two Idols
"Oppa.." You ring Siwon's door bell. "I called you beforehand. You coulnd't be fall asleep again.." You talk by yourself, annoyed. You've got Bugsy inside his cage in one hand, and his bed in other hand, not to mention that Bugsy is extremely heavy these days.
 
"No.." Cutely, Siwon opened the door and quickly gave you a smooch before he takes Bugsy away from you and starts to play with him.
 
You come inside his door and close it. Slowly, you follow him inside and put Bugsy bed in the corner where he usually sleep. You stand still while Siwon's already holding Bugsy up and down while slouching in the couch. Disappointed, you let out a deep sigh. The bed is not heavy, but still handful, you want him to be considerate enough to at least takes everything on your hand when he greeted you.
 
How can he only happy to see Bugsy and not me? But Siwon look so messy and puffy like he really come out just after jump out of his bed. You know he had a long day yesterday, so you shake your head to get rid of your disappointment. You couldn't let this small thing turn into a bump on your relationship with him.
 
"I bought you hangover tonic." You put the tonic on the coffee table in front of him.
 
Siwon doesn't really pay attention, so you look around. His dining table still empty although you already told him last night that you've made dinner for him that he can reheat for breakfast, you also remind him this morning before you get here. With another deep sigh you walk into his kitchen.
 
You will be late! Says someone in your mind.
 
But you need to prepare it for him or else he's not going to eat proper breakfast. Says another one
 
You didn't even have time for your own breakfast.
 
He's your boyfriend.
 
Yeah right.
 
"Did you see my ring? I think I lost it here last night." You ask him while searching in his sink. Siwon still doesn't really pay attention because he's too busy with his dog. You turn around, "Oppa.. Did you see my ring?"
 
"No why?"
 
"I lost it, last night.." It's nowhere to be seen in his kitchen so you just give up, "Nothing, just forget it."
 
You finally let the frozen dinner out of the fridge when you realize that Siwon already made two hot drinks in near his coffee maker. "I made you morning coffee.." Siwon already catching you up to the kitchen with Bugsy still in his arms. He kiss the top of your head from behind.
 
"Aaawww.. So sweet of you." But it's coffee.. What to do? "I'll prepare the breakfast just wait there for a moment." You takes out a few plates from the cabinet.
 
"I'll set up the fruit." Siwon puts Bugsy down, washes his hand, and takes a few of fruit inside his fridge. "You bought so much fruit.." He grabs an oranges from inside the fruit tray and looks something shiny just the bottom of the tray. It's your ring, he recognized it. Aaahh this ring.. "Sweetheart.." You didn't hear him, so so he glance at you, but then got something else in his mind. He keeps on smiling while hiding your ring inside his pocket.
 
Siwon help you places all of the food in his table, pretends nothing happen. "I'm schedule free tomorrow, should we go somewhere?"
 
"Oh. Sure.." You answer it without thinking.
 
"The coffee is getting cold." Siwon drinks his and tells you to drink yours. You drink half of the small cup in one gulp while squirming.
 
"Tomorrow is Thursday, so... Oh my god! I just remember that I've got an appointment with everybody at the yoga class. One of them is editor in chief from the fashion magazine, we've met her at the charity. Editor Yoo."
 
"Shall I go together with you then?" Siwon acts cute. He trully considered to going out with you. Because he thought you are close with them, and this is the only time you ever going out with your group of friends, Siwon secretly wants you to proudly show him off to your close friend.
 
"Mwoyaaa.. Then what other people are going to say? Do you want them to publish us in their magazine?" You laugh like all of Siwon had said is a joke, when he's not joking.
 
"It means no then.." Siwon sadly looks down. And then you can catch the atmosphere. Why is he like that? "Is there anyway we can do something tomorrow?"
 
"Ehm.. I'll try to cancel going out with them. I bet they're just going to drink all the way, and I'm not even drink, it won't do right? I'll cancel it with them, okay.."
 
Then Siwon lights up. "Okay!!"
 
 
Tomorrow:
 
"Oppa, they pick me up at my office, and now I'm at the bar uh.. a drinking house more likely, ottohke?" You're calling Siwon in the bar's bathroom.
 
"You said you're going to cancel it.. Yesterday you passed out in he middle of work. How can you go out and drink today?"
 
"I know. I did cancel it, I told them I can't, that I had other appointment and I'm not feeling well. But they showed up in my office and drag me here. She even booked half hour of my last working hour as a meeting from her magazine. I coulnd't get away from it. There's like 8 people here, it'll be impolite if I just bail out."
 
"But I'm already at home. I was about to waiting for you.." Siwon sounds so indifferent. "Just stay there for like half an hour then ask for leave."
 
"But.. Okay.. I'll try my best to get out of here." You hated how this conversation feels like ended up as an argument.
 

So you walk back to the private room in this some kind traditional korean bar. Soojin, your high school friend who is also befriended with Hyerin (read chp 1) just comes out of the private room. She also work in fashion magazine. The one who bring you here is your health club-mate who's also magazine editor in chief. And it's clicked. Their magazines are under one media group, they know each other.
 
"Ya!! You work for her right?! You gave them my personal phone number?! It's you who told them my exact position at work so they can book my schedule too! Why did you do that??" You get angry at Soojin.
 
"Oh come on, I booked your schedule for a drink. Just enjoy it.." She closes the door behind her. "Beside, you're going to thank me later. This is the social circle you need to get in, it's good for your career, your social life, aaand your love life. So how is it going, your boyfriend?"
 
You strongly stare at her, she didn't even know you knew Siwon. "You better get me out of here right now. I had another appointment later on tonight."
 
"Now you sound like Hyerin. Why don't you just bring your boyfriend here? We can have fun together."
 
"I don't have one. Thank you.." You open the door behind her and just sit to the nearest side to the door, still fuming with anger towards Soojin.
 
No matter how you're angry with her, Soojin is actually right. These people are quite successfull in their respective fields, the editor in chief, there's a daughter of this country famous architect, one of the girls just open her restaurant, and there's a lawyer. Not only it open many opportunities, but being surrounded with people who're successful makes you work harder and not just accepting what's being offer to you but reach out to a bigger thing.
 
Soojin came in after you then sits beside you, "So what about the fashion thing you've been doing lately?"
 
"Fashion?"
 
"Yeah, what did you do for Hermes?" Soojin asks casually, while you freak out.
 
"Oh?! How did you know?!"
 
"Honey.. Don't underestimate my job.."
 
"Wow.." So now you're stalker or something.. "Well I just did some pattern for their next season item. And they used the room that I design back when I'm still in NY as one of their background for commercial add. So they'll.."
 
But Soojin suddenly answers her phone without asking permission to you or even make a sign or something else.
 
"Great.." You talk to yourself.
 
She answered the call and talked to the magazine editor in chief before silently leaves the room. What the.. Now you have no one to angry to.
 
You finally just sit there. Try to talk with others although you look at your watch in every minute wait for the proper amount of time you spent with them before leaving. Sad thing, it's socializing time.. but the only thing you did is pretend to be socialize and think about Siwon the whole time. The girl beside you offers you drink but your glass is still full and untouched.
 
"I'm actually sick yesterday so.. I can't. I don't mean to be rude refusing it." You're appologizing to her with the best appologetic face you can pull.
 
"Oh really, you actually look pale today.." She pats the girl beside her, "She looks sick, doesn't she?" It's because my lipstick worn out.
 
"Yeah.. Are you alright?"
 
You're about to answer but then the door is oppened, Soojin comes in again, "Round two ladies.. I've saved seats at the club!" She pleases everybody out.
 
ASSAAA!!! Time to run away!
 
You're the last one out, planning an escape mission to get out through the kitchen. But when you get out of the room some girls are still flocking in the hallway, something in their way. It's a perfect time, some girls maybe already outside of this building, while some still here, you can get out unnoticed! Just pretend to be heavily drunk if some of them will ask where did you go today.
 
You walk between them, while keeping a safe distance. 
 
"Girls, look who's we bumped into!!" That's the editor Yoo who said that, she the one who's block up the walking flow in the hallway. You look up to see who is she talking about. That person had his fingers cover his mouth, even without looking at his face, you know him from his fingers.
 
Heechul bows to everyone in front of him. The Kim Heechul is in your way.
 
"Yes.. Hello." He bows shyly.
 
"What a coincident we met here.. Join us!! I told you if you want to meet a proper girl, I can introduce them to you. Well here, my friends are gathering around.."
 
"Oh, ho.. But editor nim.. aren't you leaving?" He sounds like he already knew her well.
 
"Yes, we'll start round two! You'll gonna love it. Oh! Wait a sec.." The Editor looks around until she found you. "Miss Shin representative here would love to if you're coming with us to the club. At least she's find someone she's comfortable with." You look down then sighing. You have no idea that when she's drunk she'll get much more talkative compare to her usual already talkative personality. "You knew her right?"
 
"Oh, of course.." You look up just after Heechul said that. Both of you look each other in the eye for a splint second. Really? He still remember me?
 
"Then come with us.. She insisted." Adds the editor.
 
"No no. He must already had a appointment here.." Why is everybody easily asks anybody to join them right away as if they had no other life outside. "I'm sorry.." You bow to Heechul.
 
"No no no.. It's okay. You're going with them?" Asks him.
 
"Actually.." You're looking at her timidly, why is so hard and feels so rude just to ask to leave? What is this? She's not even your sunbae why do you're afraid of her like she's your big sunbae?? "I'm feeling not really well. So.."
 
"Oh really?? Yeah, you look sick." Heechul responds, a bit too fast than you could ever imagine. "Then I'll get you a cab. You should go home quickly before it get worse." He pulls you out from the swarmed girls. After considered for a second, "Oh, no I better take my car. In case you need to see the doctor.. Come here.." He holds you up like you're really sick. "Editor nim, I'm sorry.. I'd like to go to your second round, but this is an emergency case, she might passed out." Heechul bows for his leave while you bow too just to hide your laugh. "Excuse me ladies.. Good bye.." And that deserve a good laugh. 
 
He still assists you to just simply walking until both of you went into another private room, which filled with Ryeowook, Kangin and Leeteuk.
 
"Fiuuh.." Heechul lets go of your hand.
 
"Heechul sshi.." You've got distracted by Ryeowook Kangin and Leeteuk presence as well so you bow to them first out of courtesy. "Hello.. Sorry for interupting." They slightly bow back much to their own surprise to see you slump here. 
 
"What 'Heechul sshi'? You don't mind used oppa oppa on my birthday card that you sent." Heechul laughs.
 
"Ah, yes.. You knew it's from me then." You smile and touch your nape nervously. "Thank you so much though. You have no idea how I've been agonizing to get out of there. But.."
 
"Yah! Your whole presence like screaming you really dont want to be there." You raise your eyebrows and round your mouth. Why? "All of them are dress up and full make up, and you're in your office attire, and your make up.. well can you just let your hair down?"
 
You're in your ordinary color long sleeves blouse and black pencil skirt that fall below your knees. What a outfit to impressed your brother in law.. You look down while pull down your hair band.
 
It's probably just around the third time you ever meet Ryeowook, Heechul and Kangin. And it's the first real conversation you ever had with Heechul ever, beside the introduction which Siwon failed to do at the club months ago. At that time you really want to get to know him, but he didn't even said anything although you sit in the same table with siwon and a few of his friends too. You thought he just didn't want to open up to strangers, so you just gave up. So to cope with Heechul sudden warmth like this, you can't help it but act so uncomposed like this in front of him.  
 
"You just meet outside?" Asks Kangin, re-announcing his presence that you almost forget.
 
"What is this? What's happening?" Leeteuk looks at Heechul and you in turn, looking lost.
 
Heechul explains to the member, much to your relieve, it's too awkward for you to be in their room to begin with, and now you don't know how to leave this room as well. It's like escape from the lions dent but tripped into another one.
 
Heechul still explains enthusiatically, "Her eyes like screaming 'Oppa please dragged me out of here!', right?" You laugh, Aniyo..
 
"Noona, do you.." Ryeowook about to asks you something.
 
"What? You're older than him?" Asks Kangin.
 
"No no.. Actually I'm few years younger than you." You smile to Ryeowook although, Am I really look that old???
 
"So you're younger than Kyuhyun?" Ryeowook blurs out.
 
You nod.
 
"Then why your mom and Siwon hyung's mom try to hook you up?"
 
"Ya, what's odd about that? Why you go 'noona noona' all the way?" Kangin almost scolds Ryeowook.
 
"I'm sorry. But she's so close with Kyuhyun and Siwon. So I.." Ryeowook then turns to you. "You're really close with Kyuhyun right?"
 
"Yes.." You smile, "Kyuhyun oppa.. I haven't see him for a while, so I really want to see him."
 
Ryeowook perks his eyebrows. "But Siwon hyung is.. You're seeing him right?"
 
"Uh.. Yes. I just saw him this morning, so.."
 
"Doesn't Siwon is off today?" Kangin's asking Heechul, still find it's awkward talking to you.
 
"But he said he can't come with us.." Heechul rants.
 
"That's because.. I actually had to meet him now, that's why I felt really uncomfortable there, because Siwon oppa is waiting for me.. That's why." You finnished the sentence while looking all of them. Feeling more dumb than you're in these past two hours. You can held it in front of people that had less chance to meet you again, but in front of your boyfriend's closest hyung and dongsaeng.. how can you just blurred out everything like this? You scold yourself.
 
Kangin laughs, "Hyung, now it's not just her eyes screaming. She desperately want to get out of here.. Look, she doesn't even moving from the spot when you brought her in."
 
"No no no no.. It's an honor to be here though." You frantically explains, "But Siwon oppa is.. wating.."'
 
Heechul is holding his laugh while bites his lips and closes his eyes in embarasment. And Kangin laughing at him, Ryeowook still expressionless while Leeteuk is looking the four of you in turn. "What are you guys even talking..?"
 
"Okay, Oppa will call him here so he can pick you up.." Says Heechul suddenly drop his honorifics, said that to you like you're 5 years old kid.
 
"Thank you. And also I'm sorry I really didn't mean to be rude." You'll find it awkward and strange with Kangin and Heechul laughing at your blunt rudeness.
 
"Ya, you should tell him beforehand. He was praising himself when you drop down the fact." Kangin also already loosen up in front of you. "It's like he proudly help someone to cross the road but she doesn't even want to cross the road."
 
"Yeah like she's just wanted to avoid a hole and but I take her to far away to the across the road."
 
"While I wanted to go to the other direction.." You adds.
 
"Aiiyuu. Our ____ knew how to tell jokes, didn't she?" Heechul throws sarcastic comment as a joke. "Siwon taught you that?"
 
"Aniyo.. Kyuhyun oppa did." 
 
"Oh right, he more likely the one who taught you that." Adds Kangin.
 
"Come closer, don't sit in worry on the corner like that.. Siwon will be here in a few minutes, I messaged him." Heechul pats a spot beside him.
 
"Yo! What's up!" The door opened and Shindong comes in. "Oh! Anyeonghaseyo." Shindong quickly lowered his head when he sees you. "Haven't seen you for a while."
 
"Oh, yes.." You bow to him. "So all the member going to drink here? Then i'll better be.." 
 
"Wait a sec. I'm confused. Am I the only one who didn't know who are..?" Asks Leeteuk.
 
"Oh I'm sorry, I went to super show when you're still in the army. I'm shin ___. Really an honor to finally see you." You lowered your head to him.
 
"Aah. So you're Kyuhyun's friend? And you have appointment with Siwon here?" Leeteuk still couldn't grab the situation yet.
 
"Aish this old person." Kangin got exasperated. "She's Siwonie's girlfriend.."
 
"You heard about her a lot.."
 
And you're just beaming.
 
Because, yeah you know he's your boyfriend, you are in this up and down relationship with him for a quite a while, but for his hyung said it out loud like that, just like they bethrown you with that titlle them self. The 'Let It Go' from frozen really suited as this moment back sound. 
 
If you're not holding yourself you might be already pull all of these oppa deul in a tight hug, showered them with love, buy a million won worth of their albums, dvds, concert tickets, goods, everything. Oh I did that though.
 
You sit in the nearest futons between Heechul and Ryeowook, the member you found most comfortable most.
 
"How long since you seeing Siwon hyung?" Asks Ryeowook.
 
"Just recently.." You don't know how much Siwon wants everybody to know, so.. "I guess it's kinda hard for us in the begining."
 
"So how did you get close with Kyuhyun? So you know him first before Siwon hyung?"
 
And if it's not about Siwon you're talking about, you must have write it down in fan account because he so sweet and friendly, his fans must know that in real life he much more sweet and nice.
 
"Ah, aniyo. Siwon oppa take me to take a photo with Kyuhyun oppa when I watch your first ss5 in here. But I already knew Siwon oppa back when you guys just debuted."
 
"Really? I thought you knew Kyuhyun first. You seem really close with him, in the airport last time you walk around with him too."
 
"Oh yes after ss5 hongkong right? We met at dutty free shop with Kyuhyun oppa too. That time all the members already goes into the executive lounge, but I dont have the executive member card, so Kyuhyun oppa accompanied me in the business lounge instead."
 
"Ah.. Is that so.."
 
You smile to Ryeowook, while Ryeowook mind is explode inside. So what is this?? Who's playing who? Who betrayed who? Kyuhyunaa, you.. what did you do to got into this??
 
The next three minutes is like watching strongheart or radio star live in front of your eyes. Everybody's doing so well in casual talk is not even boring although they talk about their own life problems.
 
Then Siwon comes in.
 
Wearing a black skin jacket as an outer and casual jeans, he rumbled your hair like usual, greeted his hyungs and his dongsaeng and hugged some of them, then turns his eyes to you again. Almost like glaring.
 
"You're still sick, what are you doing out here?" He sits beside you.
 
"Our Siwoniee here, have a drink!" Shindong offers Siwon the menu, "What do you want to order?" 
 
"Hyungs, I think both of us should go now, she passed out at work yesterday but her colleagues insist her to have a drink just then. She still feel not really well, so I'm sorry we can't join you." Siwon said that like read it out of a script, for formality sake. Siwon rubs your hair, "I parked the car right in front, just come after me in 15 minutes." He said that to you before he bids goodbye to his hyungs and Ryeowook.
 
"Ya.. And you just leave like that?" asks Leeteuk.
 
"Oh.. The guys are going to meet before SM town rehearsal anyway, right? I'll see you around Hyung, really glad to been able to see you like this." Answers Siwon while hugging Leeteuk but then he takes his leave.
 
The very second he slides the door closed everybody attention turn back to you. It's so quite, like you almost can hear the crows caw, to fill in the silence.

 

"My apology.." You turn 180 degree, from the lovely young dongsaeng to the members into the normal formal stiff you're usuall self. You bow to them. It was all warm just before Siwon came, you manage to blend in with them, and made them accept you, which is a rather rare victory to achieve. "Thank you once again and I'm sorry." you quickly get out of the room after decided 15 minutes will be like hell to stay still in that room.
 
Great.. I'm working my self up in front of his hyungs and he came around and ruin it in a second.
 
If you can do anything to fix the situation, the last effort you can do is going to the cashier, order a sumptuous feast for the room where Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin Ryeowookand Shindong dwell in, and pay for the whole bill.
 
"Oppa.." You ready to confront him as soon as you step into his car.
 
"Ya! You.. Do you know how much I worried when I hear you pass out yesterday? So what's the big deal to tell your friend that you can't go with them because you're sick?" Siwon scolds you first, just when you haven't say anything to him.
 
Yesterday after you've got breakfast with Siwon and drank that full cup of coffee that he earnestly prepared without ate anything before, you passed out at work around 3 pm. Siwon came to your office and make a scene out because he hold a fainted you in his arm and walked across your office, witnessed by all of your employees and out to the hospital.
 
He didn't enter the examine room because he can't be seen with you, so he have no idea that you pass out because a combination of you skipped dinner last night (because after you waited him with bugsy, he came home too late), and to top that, the first substance that went to your empty stomach is coffee. Siwon doesn't know it. You have no intention to tell him that either, it'll break his heart to know that he's the one who made you sick.
 
"I told them.."
 
"Then you choose to join the hyungs instead of going back?" Siwon is in his poker face, the cold strict face, you couldn't tell what's his emotion right now. You can only tell from his steadilly rising tone.
 
"Heechul oppa practically get me out of those girls. I should thank him for that, do you want me to be rude to your hyung? He asked you to join them anyway..."
 
"He told me to pick you up." 
 
"But still, leaving abruptly in front of your hyung isn't it a bit too much?" You lower your tone, balancing his anger.
 
"I'll see them around.." Siwon also lowers his tone and starts to drive.
 
Both of you didn't exchange any words for a few minutes.
 
"Uh... Heechul oppa was being really nice to me.." You said that slowly.
 
"I know.."
 
"They're fun to be with."
 
"Oh.."
 
"I mean, it's a shame.. They're really glad to see you."
 
The car gets into the parking space.
 
"So.. You choose to spent time with them over me?"
 
"What? No.." You're so absurd.
 
"Didn't I tell you that tonight is the only schedule free day I've got for a few weeks.." Siwon parks his car rashly but perfectly.
 
"You did. But.."
 
"Go inside my house. I'll come around in 15 minutes."
 
You're boiling inside, "What's with 15 minutes? There's nobody here.." You show him the empty parking lot. "You even hold me in front of my employee. But we're having this '15 minutes' now?" Siwon not budged. Irritated, you open his car door. "Fine."
 
Still holding up your frustration, you're stomping your foot in every step you take until you walk inside his apartment, "Arrgghh!!! He's so hard headed!!" You're about throw yourself at the couch when you see a glimpse of well-placed exclusive dishes are laid all over the table. The plate are perfectly placed, the foods are look so delicious, the dead candle, the ambience, everything is perfect.
 
Siwon must have spent hours to prepared this for both of you and you just have your first argument with him over whether its best to stay with the hyungs or not.
 
And the pang of guilt seeps through your blood as you weakly fall down to the chair. "What did I do? I ruined it." You look at the food all cold and untouched.
 
So you stand in front of the door, waiting for him to come in, while bitting your nails.
 
This bloody 15 minutes feels like forever!!!
 
Finally! The sound of the door being unlocked. You hug him as soon as you see he open the door, "I'm sorry.." You cling over his neck. He stay still, look over your head to the ceiling. "I said I'm sorry." You kiss him, he doesn't avoid you.
 
"What for?" Siwon tries to be indifferent although you know he's going to smile soon. He absentmindedly rest his hands on your hips.
 
"Being stupid and made you angry.." You look up, desperately want make him looks at you.
 

"Since when did you have this kind of aegyo?" Siwon holds you up in his arms and walks inside, a small smile creep upon his face.

 

 
 

 

 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 Author's note: Thank you for subscribing and reading.. Sorry for taking to long.

Enjoy reading.. And if you like it, you can started to upvote too you know.. hehehe thank you..

 

 

16 May 2015