The Past

Top Secret

 

They are now on the second day of filming in the USA. The PD asked them to eat on a fancy restaurant. They acted so happy in front of others successfully. After the filming, both of them were left silent. "Nice act." Ji Hyo uttered before she stood up from the chair. Jong Kook grabbed her arm to tell something, but her phone rang. "Excuse me." said Ji Hyo. She pressed the answer button, and smiled wildly when she heard the voice on the other line. "Oppa!" she screamed as she went out of the door. 'Why do you make my heart suffer so much?' Jong Kook asked himself while looking at the happy Ji Hyo on the phone. He took out his phone from the pocket, and stole a shot of Ji Hyo once again. 
 
They are now back to their own rooms. Jong Kook is having a hard time sleeping. He took his phone under the pillow and browsed it. He went to the voice recorder. He clicked the first recording and he remembered that he had clicked the record button when Ji Hyo started answering his questions in the restaurant earlier. "If you get to know someone who loves you more than you do, don't ever let that person go away from you. You'll never know how much love that person can offer, and you'll never ever get that feeling from someone else if you let it pass." Ji Hyo advised him. He remembered it clearly. 'I have so much love to give, but I don't know whether or not you'll be aware of it.' Jong Kook thought to himself. 
 
He the television and scanned it on the Korean channel. He stopped scanning when a familiar face was seen on the television. He can see Lee Dong Wook having a press conference. The press conference is all about his upcoming wedding with the ace, Song Ji Hyo. "Song Ji Hyo-yah, Oppa is waiting for you. Please come back soon." Dong Wook said when he was asked to do a video message for Ji Hyo. He turned off the television and went back to the bed. He listened to the said recording once again. "If you get to know someone who loves you more than you do, don't ever let that person go away from you. You'll never know how much love that person can offer, and you'll never ever get that feeling from someone else if you let it pass." Ji Hyo advised him until he has fallen asleep.
 
When the morning came, Ji Hyo's face was swollen. He knows the woman slept a lot that's why the face of hers became swollen. "I'm fine if we just do the filming later." Jong Kook said to save Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo, knowing what he just did, bowed to her as a gratitude. They went to the cafeteria together, but no one is talking. "Congratulations!" greeted Jong Kook. "It is now official in South Korea." continued Jong Kook. "Thank you." said Ji Hyo who is still sleepy. "Do you want coffee?" asked Jong Kook. "Yes, please." answered Ji Hyo. "All right." Jong Kook said. After few minutes, Jong Kook came back with an Americano on his left hand. "Here you are." Jong Kook said when he gave the coffee to the surprised Ji Hyo. "You got my coffee right." she said in a very low tone of voice. 
 
"Why are you so awkward with me?" asked Jong Kook. "Because I am." Ji Hyo answered. "Why don't you feel comfortable, then?" asked he. "Because I am not." answered she. "Our relationship is purely business, there shouldn't be any personal feelings." Ji Hyo told him as if she knows he's dying to be with her. "Ji Hyo..." he said, but Ji Hyo stopped her. "Eat your food. It will be cold in a while. It won't be that tasty anymore." He ate the food quickly, and Ji Hyo stopped her once again. "Eat slowly. You might get an indigestion because of eating too fast." Jong Kook followed her, and Ji Hyo notice a liquid falling from his eyes. Ji Hyo turned away. "You shouldn't cry when you're eating. God won't bless you if you shed tears on your food." Ji Hyo uttered the words to the suddenly emotional Kim Jong Kook. 
 
After the breakfast meal, it was Jong Kook who stood up first. Ji Hyo didn't look at the man who was seen crying earlier. 'I'm sorry Jong Kook-ssi, I'm already engaged.' she thought to herself. She then stood up and went back to her room. She browsed her phone and saw her picture with Dong Wook as her wallpaper. "I'll be home soon, Dong Wook-ssi, please wait for me." she said with a blank face. She tried to enjoy herself inside the room, but she ended up being bored doing nothing. Out of boredom, she scanned her phone again. She went to the photo gallery and scanned all the photo albums. One photo album stopped her from scanning more. The 'Me and Him' album caught her attention. 
 
She clicked it and loads of pictures could be seen. She clicked one of the pictures and she saw how happy she was sitting beside the man near her. The man beside her couldn't be seen smiling, but it didn't matter to her as long as she was beside the muscled man. It was taken in Boston five years ago. As she was browsing the said album, another picture came visible. It was a picture that they took when they went to the beach. She was so happy seeing the body of his beloved man, however the man in the picture could be seen without a smile again. She smiled a little when she remembered what occurred to her relationship in the past.
 
Five years ago, both of her parents were so happy when she told them that she'll get married. They were happy to know that she'll leave the show business, and will just take part of their business by marrying the son of one of the most richest and popular business tycoons in South Korea. Just like her, the man is also a part of entertainment. She was so in love with the singer who had captured her heart when she watched the 'Turbo' concert where the muscled man was a member. She grabbed all the opportunity that she had in order for her to be near the said man. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi, you'll be mine soon." she thought to herself five years ago. But this has happened in the past. She tried to stop thinking about the past, and she hurriedly clicked the exit button of the photo gallery. "I'm sorry, Dong Wook-ssi." she uttered to herself.