The Evidence

Top Secret

 

"We are still married." Kim Jong Kook repeated his words to the two of them, and in front of the many people who are looking at the three of them. He saw the couple's eyes grew bigger with what he had just revealed. Camera flashes were everywhere, but they didn't mind at all since their minds are in a state of confusion right now. The two people, who were supposed to get married the day after today, couldn't really get the meaning of the man who's in front of them. "What did you say?" Ji Hyo, who had finally composed herself, asked the singer. "We never had the divorce. We are still married." Jong Kook said his words all over again. "How could that be possible? I signed the divorce papers." Ji Hyo told Jong Kook. 
 
"You signed the papers, but I didn't sign it." Jong Kook told Ji Hyo, who still has the disbelief in her eyes. "When you asked me to give you the divorce papers, didn't you see that it was only you who signed it?" Jong Kook asked her, and made her remember what happened three years ago. It was right after she prepared Jong Kook's birthday party and right after she gave her presents to the man. She asked him to give her the divorce papers, which her husband would love her to sign first. She was surprised to see the divorce papers on the table, and she was hurt knowing that he really did want to divorce her. 
 
She opened the envelope where the documents were in, but she noticed that Kim Jong Kook hasn't signed the documents. She just saw a sticky note where the words 'I'll sign right after you sign.' on it. She was terribly hurt about the happenings, and all she thought was Jong Kook was just doing her a favor by letting her sign first. She thought Jong Kook would show it to his parents and would tell them that it was her who wanted it. She didn't know that Jong Kook was just acting stupidly just for her to stay with him, which ended up the other way around. 
 
Ji Hyo couldn't believe what she heard from Jong Kook. "Why do you keep toying on my feelings?" Ji Hyo asked in a low but serious voice. "You keep making me confuse. I don't know which is which. Stop toying with my feelings. And for Christ's sake, you are a singer, but you could get a Daesang award on your wonderful act. Stop making me confuse, please." Ji Hyo told him. "You should have known I wasn't toying with you if you just attended the meetings with our parents. Your parents called and told you many times to attend the meetings, but you didn't come. I went back two years ahead of you, and I told my parents and my in-laws about it. I am such fool, right?" Jong Kook asked. "Do you think I'll get my mind clear with what you're telling me? To be honest, I really don't understand you at all. I really don't understand everything." Ji Hyo showed frustration on her words. "Please listen." Jong Kook told Ji Hyo.
 
"When you said that it was you who proposed for the marriage, I have known it already. My parents and your parents met each other and talked about the marriage. I talked to them and told them that I'll act seriously manly with you, so you could keep your interest with me. I have shown interest to you when you were having your debut movie. I have extended my interest and real intention to your parents. When we got married, I wanted to feel you in my arms, carress you, show you my love, and everything, but I have promised that I will keep my act because I can see you not getting angry to me. I can see you smile whenever I frown at you, so I thought, 'Wow! She really likes a tough man.', but I never thought that you'll say goodbye to me because of that." 
 
"I have always been so lucky to have Bo Young as my best friend. She has the same personality with you. The way the two of you act, talk, and do things are the same. When you prepared the surprise birthday treat for me, I was dying of happiness, but I couldn't show you, because you seem to hate soft-hearted men. When you ask about the divorce papers, and when you signed it, my heart crushed and broke, but I couldn't tell you. I couldn't tell you because of my stupid act. I have regretted it since the first day that we've been married. I was so scared to lose you, but I was so scared to reveal my true attitude to you. All the members in your family seem to have such strong personalities, and I, I as a man, I really don't have it. It is just my facade because of my well-built body."
 
"I went back to South Korea to tell my feelings openly to you. I went back first, so I could tell our parents how much pain I have given and I have received because of acting like an idiot for three long years. I didn't sign the papers, you didn't show up at the meetings, there's no way you could know that we never really separated at all. Your parents were about to tell you the truth after a year of us being away from each other, but you told them that you have found another man already. They asked me to keep it a secret to you and to the world and just revealed it when we know that you and I deserve another chance together again. I'm sorry, Ji Hyo-yah. My stupid heart is so contagious that my mind had become so stupid in the past."
 
Ji Hyo looked at Dong Wook after she had heard Jong Kook's long explanation. It makes sense to her now. The confusion has somewhat become a bit clearer. Dong Wook is looking at her without saying anything. "I-I didn't know." she said to him without looking at his face. She couldn't take the pain in Dong Wook's eyes. She knows he didn't do her any harm. She knows he always does his best to keep her satisfied and loved. "I think we can't get married tomorrow, then." Dong Wook spoke with hurt feelings. "Dong Wook-ssi.." called Ji Hyo. Dong Wook looked at her once again, but she looked down. Dong Wook looked at Jong Kook. "You're such a good actor, why don't you audition for a role? I think you can hit the jackpot." Dong Wook, who is obviously angry and hurt, told the singer. "I'll be back. She'll be mine." Dong Wook said as he looked at Ji Hyo again. "Just you wait and see. She'll be mine." he said and he grabbed Ji Hyo's arms again. "Let's go." said Dong Wook. But before they could go out, Jong Kook's hand has stopped his shoulder making him feel the so-called strength of who they so-called commander of Running Man.