The Men

Top Secret

 

Ji Hyo opened her eyes and see a familiar room. The room is white, and she knows she has been admitted to the hospital again. Her thoughts were still wandering on her failed marriage with Jong Kook. The marriage, which she thought would give her happiness and joy, turned out to be a despair maker. She wanted to move her hand, but it felt heavy. She looked towards its direction and saw Dong Wook sleeping beside her. She smiled at the sleeping Dong Wook. She knows they have the same fate. Being born on a rich family and being an entertainer on the same league. Her smile grew bigger when she remembered how the two of them get to know each other. She slowly removed her hand from Dong Wook's grip and touched her fiance's hair. "Thank you, Dong Wook-ah." she said to the speaking actor. She knows that the man has a very pure heart. "I am so happy that I have you in my life. Don't leave me." she said again before she went back to sleep. 
 
Jong Kook held his mouth open when he witnessed the woman he's in love with being in love with someone else. Years ago, he had that love, but he let it go. He leaned his head on the wall outside the patient's room. He sure is regretting all the things that he had done in the past. 'I was the one who left you, but why do I feel alone than you?' Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo to himself. He closed his eyes and the memories of the past started to run on his mind once again. The day after Bo Young called him, he decided to get divorce papers and asked Ji Hyo to sign it. Since they got married quickly, it has to end quickly, too. He remembered the times when Ji Hyo would not talk to him, so the word 'divorce' won't be mentioned. He didn't care enough for her that time, all that he wanted was to get his freedom back. His freedom which was taken by him with such force. Just because of influence, he got married. 
 
His thinking was cut short by someone who tapped his shoulder. "Are you okay?" asked by the man. He opened his eyes and saw Dong Wook standing in front of him. "Yes, I am." he answered. "Why are you here?" Dong Wook asked in a calm voice. "I was just checking on her." he answered. Dong Wook nodded his head. "You can go inside." Dong Wook said to him. He looked at him blankly. "I have to go back to the filming. It will be good if someone will watch over her." Dong Wook told Jong Kook with a smile. "Won't it bother you?" he asked all of a sudden. Dong Wook just smiled at him. "Not at all." he said. "I am assured that Ji Hyo will not waver when she sees you." Dong Wook told him with a smile on his face. "And I'm sure you won't say something that should be kept hidden, right?" Dong Wook asked him with a very peaceful face. "Don't worry, I will be back soon. Please look after her for me." the actor said as he bid him goodbye. 
 
He went inside the room where Ji Hyo is resting. The woman is still sleeping. He laid his head on the side of the patient's bed. He could feel the hand of the woman caressing his head. Her fingers are brushing his hair. He really likes the sensation that it brings to him. 'If I let you touch me that time, I wonder how wonderful the feeling is.' he thought to himself feeling the care of Ji Hyo's brushing. "Dong Wook-ssi, are you still sleeping?" Ji Hyo asked while touching his hair. He choked. He looked at Ji Hyo and saw her eyes were still closed. "Did I wake you up, Dong Wook-ssi?" asked Ji Hyo. "Sleep more. Just stay here beside me. Sleep more." she said to him thinking that he is Dong Wook. 
 
He did not react on Ji Hyo's words. What's important for him is Ji Hyo's tender touch. He never knew that Ji Hyo's touch is this warm. If he had known it, he would never let go of her. "The wedding, shall it take place very soon?" Ji Hyo asked him, still thinking he's Dong Wook. Silence was heard. "Have you fallen asleep?" asked Ji Hyo. "Sorry I couldn't open my eyes to check on you. My eyes are very heavy." she continued. "Just sleep Dong Wook ah. I'll be fine tomorrow." she said. Jong Kook could feel that Ji Hyo has fallen asleep once again. He looked at the woman, who was once his. That day, when he realized how important Ji Hyo to him is, he realized that Ji Hyo is really not his anymore. 'Tomorrow is another day. I'll be with you, come what may.' Jong Kook uttered to his mind. He didn't know that waking up tomorrow is just another day that will simply pass by.
 
All the Running Man members are now standing in line. Today, another mission will be held. There will be guests for today. Today is a special day because of the members is celebrating his birthday. The birthday celebrator is none other than Kim Jong Kook. The commander looks very unhappy on his birthday. "Jong Kook-ah, act happy even if you are not. We are on a variety show." Jae Suk whispered to the muscled man. When he heard what the main emcee of the show said, he put on a fake smile on his face. Gwang Soo gave his gift first. They opened it and saw a tiger doll. "How cheap." Ha Ha kidded. "But you guys also give me giraffe dolls." Gwang Soo answered. "Thank you, Gwang Soo." Jong Kook said to the tallest member before he threw the doll. Gwang Soo was left dumbfounded. It was just a joke though. When Jong Kook threw it, someone from the staff caught it. 
 
Ha Ha is now opening his gift for his older-brother-like friend. When he finished unwrapping the gift, they saw a perfume. "Wear it, so all girls will be crazy over you." Ha Ha said. Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo, who was smiling at Ha Ha's joke. He smiled seeing the warm smile of the woman. "Hyung, I don't know what to give you, so I'll just give you a cap." Gary told Jong Kook and took out the cap. "You used this already." Jong Kook retaliated. Everyone laughed in the set. The chemistry of all the members is really overwhelming. All their stomachs are hurting due to constant laughing. Suk Jin has offered Jong Kook a case of soju that made all the members laughed again. Jong Kook doesn't drink, but two of them know that he might actually drink it. "Ya! Let's just drink all of those sojus later." Jae Suk said to get rid of the sojus on Jong Kook's eyesight. Jae Suk gave his gift to the birthday man. He is giving him a shirt where he could sweat a lot comfortably. Jong Kook bowed to the men of Running Man when he received their gifts. 
 
"Ji Hyo-yah, what did you prepare for Jong Kook?" Suk Jin asked Ji Hyo. "I-I didn't know that it is his birthday today." Ji Hyo told them. "Oh, that's awful." Gwang Soo commented without knowing that he added a wound to the injured heart of the commander. Ji Hyo bowed deeply at him. "I won't forget it next time." Ji Hyo said to the man who is looking at him with pain in his eyes. 'I knew it would end up like this.' Jong Kook uttered to himself seeing how Ji Hyo treated him. 'Was it this painful when you were ignored by me?' asked Jong Kook to Ji Hyo, but only his mind is speaking. "Today, one special guest will appear. Today's mission is a couple race again." the PD mentioned as he blew the significant whistle.