The Motive

Top Secret

 

"Lee Dong Wook-ssi is dead." Si Young answered her question. Her eyebrows formed a curved line when she heard her answer. "What did you say?" she asked. "He just came to visit me earlier, right before the two of you stepped in this room." Ji Hyo told them to the surprise of the two persons who just came in. "We didn't see him outside." Jong Kook told Ji Hyo. "We will not see him outside." Si Young added. "How could that be? He really did come." Ji Hyo told them with disbelief. "It's impossible. Dong Wook died weeks ago." Si Young continued. "He suffered a lot of stress and pain, and his health gave up." Si Young added. 
 
Before the three of them continue with their conversation, the doctor came in to check the actress. "I don't know how to say this, but it's like a miracle happened. You don't need to choose between the baby and your wife, Kim Jong Kook-ssi. They are now safe." the doctor told them while looking at Jong Kook. Ji Hyo heard what the doctor said and she remembered what Dong Wook told him. 'Your baby.. can I play with him when he grows old? I don't want to play with your baby at his young age, especially now. Let me play with him when he grows old and when he experienced love and pain at the same time, okay?' Remembering his words made her sob. 
 
"Dong Wook tried his best not to meddle around your happy relationship with Kim Jong Kook. He feels so contented seeing you happy even if you are not with him. He cries and cries at night, but he's denying it with all his might. He said he's okay, but deep down inside, I know he is not. And then, the fake marriage that we have didn't affect the both of you at all. He did it on purpose for you not to feel guilty.. for you not to think of him with pity." Si Young confessed. "He has been suffering from a disease from a long time ago. He easily gets pained whenever he's stressed and depressed. That broadcast of yours affected him too much. Too much that he did things on purpose such as getting rid of his life." shouted Si Young. 
 
"That's why-- that's why-- I -- I want to kill you." Si Young shouted and took a gun out of her bad. She pointed it to Kim Jong Kook. Jong Kook's small eyes became bigger when he got stunned by the pointed gun at him. Ji Hyo didn't show any signs of panic. "Shall I pull the trigger, so Jong Kook's life will be the payment of Dong Wook's life?" asked Si Young while still pointing the gun at her husband. Jong Kook's face became calm when he realized something. "Si Young-ssi.." called Jong Kook. Si Young directed more of the gun at him. "Do you love Dong Wook that much?" he asked the woman who was surprised with his question. 
 
"You don't know how painful it is." Si Young answered indirectly, but the answer was clear to the married couple. "This is the first time that I have done this in my life because I am so upset." Si Young added. "Your father-in-law and your father's relationship couldn't be ruined, so I tried to ruin the relationship that you have with Ji Hyo, but why is it so hard? huh? Why is everything so hard for me and Dong Wook? And why is everything so easy to the both of you? How could life.. No.. How could love.. be this unfair?" Si Young asked in a very loud voice and still pointing the gun to Kim Jong Kook. "Lee Si Young-ssi.. I'm sorry to say this, but you are so stupid." Ji Hyo commented without fearing that Si Young might really pull the trigger. 
 
Si Young pointed the gun at her. "What did you just say?" asked Si Young with an obvious anger on her face. "You are so stupid." repeated Ji Hyo. "How dare you let us know how painful it is to feel that way when you yourself don't know how to deal with it rationally? Isn't it such a of you to do things that will just ruin Lee Dong Wook's pure name? He has a pure heart, yet you are making him like a cruel person. With all the things you've done wrong, don't you think Dong Wook-ssi will not be affected of it? How could you love like a fool?" Ji Hyo asked the woman in front of her. 
 
"How dare you asked me questions like that?" Si Young answered her back. "You should have known that you are the reason behind all of this. The man that I chose to love chose to love you, but you chose to break his heart just for this someone who has been married to you all along. Why did you even have to drag Dong Wook with you? Why did you even have to take him away from me? I was there for him all the time, but you.. you just came in his life for a short period of time, but you were able to make him love you even for the next life. Do you know how many tears I cried? Huh? Do you know how hard it is to wake up every morning and sleep every night remembering how the man that you love more than anyone else just died in your arms? Huh? Do you know how painful it is? What right do you have to ask me questions like that?" Si Young asked non-stop unable to control her feelings. 
 
"I have loved him more than anyone else can do. I have given him so much even if I was never loved back. I have embraced the pain just to win his heart, but most often, I ended up crying.. because I know he loves you more than I can offer even from the start." Si Young admitted in a soft voice. Ji Hyo smiled pitifully at the woman. She knows how she feels for she had experienced it before when she thought Jong Kook didn't and doesn't love her. "Si Young-ssi, you don't have the right to condemn me for that, or even Jong Kook for that, because you have no idea on how much pain and how much hurt we have been through, either. What you see is not what it seems to be." Ji Hyo said to the woman who had just fired the loaded gun.