The Women

Top Secret

 

"Ji Hyo-yah, what are we supposed to do? We might end up kissing each other." Jong Kook asked softly, but his microphone was on loud, so all of them heard his question to the ace. All of them, including the two, were surprised with what he asked. "It's just a mission. If we ended up kissing, it's just a kiss." Ji Hyo answered his question with all ears on them. Bo Young looked at Jong Kook. She knew Jong Kook for a long time, and she could see how hurt he is on his partner's answer. She sighed. "Do they always bicker?" Bo Young asked Gary about the two. "They seem to like fighting." Gary asnwered without knowing that Bo Young is just fishing for an information. "I have never seen them smile at each other." Gary said in a low voice, but Bo Young's listening skills were really good that she heard it. "What do you think the two of you are doing?" asked Lee Bo Young. All of them looked at the guest, and she smiled. 
 
"You two, it seems to me that you guys are having a lover's quarrel." Bo Young said teasing the two. No one in the show tried to joke around Ji Hyo and Jong Kook being together. They don't know why they don't do it, but it made them feel like they should have done it from the beginning. The members feel that something is up among the three of them. They can feel that the wind blows differently to them. Jae Suk has confirmed it already, however, for the other members, they can't seem to ask the two strongest members of Running Man. The rain started to fall, so the filming was temporarily stopped. The Running Man men went inside their room and one man is worried about the two actresses who will stay inside one room. "Hyung, I wonder what those women will talk about." Ha Ha said towards the elders. Jae Suk and Jong Kook just exchanged stares as usual. They didn't know that they just confirmed something to them by that gesture.
 
Lee Bo Young and Song Ji Hyo are now inside the same room. The two actresses seem to be very awkward with each other. Ji Hyo is busying herself with her phone while Bo Young is busying herself with the book that she has inside her personal bag. Bo Young looked at the uncomfortable Ji Hyo. She examined the woman's physical traits. "Your skin is glowing." said Bo Young. "Like yours." Ji Hyo answered back. "This is my first time seeing you in person." Bo Young said once again. "Me, too." Ji Hyo responded shortly. Bo Young smiled kindly at the woman. She seems to know why the actress is acting like that. "Please don't misunderstand me." Bo Young said. "I don't." Ji Hyo said. Ji Hyo looked back at the guest actress. "I didn't." she continued. Bo Young checked if there were cameras around, but she didn't see any rolling cameras, so she asked Ji Hyo. "Do you hate me?" she asked frankly. 
 
Ji Hyo looked at the frank woman. She was amazed on how brave the woman is for asking her that question. 'No wonder he has fallen for you.' Ji Hyo thought to herself. "Are you answering me on your mind?" Bo Young asked her again. 'Am I that obvious?' she asked to herself again. "Yes?" Bo Young asked seeking for an answer. She smiled at the actress. "I don't hate you." she said. "Then why are you treating me this way?" Bo Young asked. "What do you mean?" she asked. "I can feel that you're not welcoming me warmly." the actress told her honestly. "I think it's you who is misunderstanding me." she told the actress. "I'm happy that you guested on our show. And I am very happy to see you in person."  she said. "Why would it make you happy?" Bo Young asked. She was startled with the question, and even more startled when she thought of the answer. 'Because he'll be happy.' 
 
Bo Young could see from afar that the actress is denying something to herself. She smiled when she thought of what the woman might be thinking. "Ji Hyo-ssi.. why did you let go of him?" asked Bo Young. "What are you talking about?" she asked. "You know what I mean." Bo Young said. "Don't get me wrong about asking you too many questions. I just wonder why you didn't end up together." Bo Young continued. "Would you mind telling me?" asked by the actress. Ji Hyo looked at Bo Young. She couldn't feel annoyance towards the woman. It seems to her that Lee Bo Young is her best friend in the making. She doesn't feel uncomfortable anymore. She thought Bo Young has the same things like her, even the same man. She smiled at the guest actress and said, "Because of you." Bo Young looked at her curiously. She wondered why the woman looked at her that way, and it made her curious. 
 
"Are you serious?" Bo Young asked her. "Don't I look like it?" she asked. "You're always blank." Bo Young said. "Because you don't take a closer look." she answered back. "Because you're distant." Bo Young answered back. "Because you don't break the wall." she answered again. "Because you built it." Bo Young responded. "Because you made me." Ji Hyo spoke the words out of her mind. Bo Young was surprised to hear it as well. The two women looked at each other. They didn't know why they exchanged answers that way, but somehow it made them feel better. The men on the other room exchanged looks when they heard the women's bickering. The two rooms where the men and the women are are just beside each other's. The wall is not that thick, so any noises could be heard easily. Jae Suk told them to stay still and be quiet since it is not their business to deal with. 
 
"Can I tell you something?" asked Bo Young. "You have said a lot already, why ask?" Ji Hyo answered her question with a question. "All you have in mind about him and I is not true." Bo Young told her. "What are you trying to convey?" Ji Hyo asked. "I think you weren't given a chance to get to know him better. Because if you did have a chance, you'll surely know that all you're thinking is futile." said Bo Young. "Could you just please stop running into bushes? Could you just please say it directly?" Ji Hyo asked in a not so good tone of voice. "He helped me start and fix things with my man. You do know my man, right? So your man was never my man. Your man is just your man." Bo Young said. "We are no longer together. He's not my man anymore. He was never my man. Maybe in papers, but not in reality." she answered.  "He and I are just best of friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Why are the two of you so funny and numb?" Bo Young told her. 
 
"He told me that I remind him of you. And that he doesn't know how to start things with you because you are such a darling." Bo Young said continuously. "You don't know the relationship that we had. He treated me like a trash. How could you say that he wanted to start things with me if he was that cold, always yelling, and always cursing?" she asked. "He has like you from the start, but you came seeing him first. He has like you from your Wishing Stairs movie. He saw you there before you saw him in the concert. During your press conference, you said that you like tougher men, and that yelling manly would just let you love the man more and more and more. He acted well, didn't he?" Bo Young said to her surprise mind. 
 
She couldn't believe what Bo Young said. "I always have a fight with Ji Sung because of him calling me, thinking you're me, acting things he'd like to do with you, and I couldn't do anything about it because he is my best friend. And he's not as brave as you to show his real feelings." Bo Young said. "That's too immature and too pathetic." Ji Hyo said wondering if she's happy or angry with the things that were revealed. "He might have a very strong persona physically, but if you were so close to him, you'll know that he always acts like a spoiled son wanting more attention, and you'll know how bashful he'll be in front of someone that he really likes and loves. It's a pity you separated without knowing each other that much. I really think you two are a perfect match." "Why didn't you tell it to me before, then?" Ji Hyo asked Bo Young. Bo Young smiled at her and said, "A secret, makes a woman, a woman."