The Call

Top Secret

 

Lee Dong Wook went to a place where his lifetime happiness was supposed to start. He went to the hotel where he asked someone on the other line to do all his best to prepare a venue of his upcoming wedding ceremony tomorrow. He has paid everything beforehand. However, he received a call telling him that he can't get married to Song Ji Hyo as Song Ji Hyo has been registered as a married woman. His world fell apart when he heard it, and it made his world more heavier than ever. He saw the expensive style of the hotel stuffs, and it made him bitter. He touched a thing, which was supposed to be considered as their wedding souvenir, and threw it. He gets a call and he quickly picks it up thinking it was Ji Hyo, but he was wrong. 
 
"Where are you?" asked the person on the other line. He was surprised to hear the person on the other line. It has been a long time since he has heard the caller's voice, and hearing the voice again makes his mood lighter. "I am here." He said to the person on the other line. "You'll go here? Why?" he asked wondering why the person would like to see him, but he realized that he has not seen the person for quite some time, so he had agree to meet the person on the other line. When the conversation was over, his thoughts went back to Ji Hyo. 'What will you do now, Ji Hyo-yah?' Dong Wook asked himself although he knows that the answer will not do him any better. He sighed a deep one. 
 
He looked at his phone and scanned its photo gallery. A lot of pictures of Song Ji Hyo could be seen. They also have several pictures together. He smiled when he clicked the picture and the rest of the pictures just moved voluntarily. Looking at the picture, he saw that they have never been that intimate. It's like they are just best of friends who are very close, and who swear to the world that they won't fall in love with each other. 'Doesn't fiction work that way?' he thought to himself. 'How do you make me feel this way? How could you make me feel this way?' he asked himself sadly. 'Is it because of pity?' 'Isn't it because of love?' he bombarded himself with too many questions, and now he feels like he's going crazy.
 
A loud message beep was heard on his phone. A familiar name appeared on his phone. The familiar name's owner is the one that he has been thinking all day long. He read her message and he saw that Ji Hyo is on her way to the place where he's at to see him. He knows Ji Hyo was able to find his location due to its mobile tracker. He sighed for he knows it will be a long day and a long night, and that those long days and nights will have to be faced by him alone. He smiled thinking nothing negative will happen, but he's well-mannered enough to know what is right and what is wrong. He chuckled thinking about the woman he really loves. He has been so madly in love for her for three years now. 
 
Since he was in deep thought, his face could only be seen blank. He's thinking about the things that he should do. He's thinking the things that he'll do, not because he wants it, but because he has to. A call wakes his worried mood. The number seems to be familiar, but he doesn't know who the caller is. 'Ah, what a waste.' he said after he had talk to the person on the other line. It was a reporter. He didn't know why that reporter has his number, so he whispered, 'sneaky reporter'. He is still sitting on one of the hotel chairs. The chairs are very lovely and well-designed. 'It's such a pity that you won't be broadcasted.' he thought to himself pertaining to the wonderful ambiance that he is in now. 
 
After the meeting, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were left inside the conference room. Ji Hyo looked at the quiet Jong Kook. "My Mom called me." she said. "Really?" Jong Kook excitedly asked. She nodded. "She confirmed to me that we're still married." said she. Jong Kook felt sad seeing her face saddened. "I-Im sorry." Jong Kook told her. "It's funny, stupid, and irrational of me to do what I did in the past, but I really have a special place for you in my heart." Jong Kook told her. "I-I have to go now." said Ji Hyo. "Where are you going?" asked Jong Kook. "To the place where I and Dong Wook will marry." Ji Hyo said. "B--" Jong Kook couldn't even utter a word when Ji Hyo added. "If I had not known your feelings." 
 
Jong Kook looked at her with one question on his mind. Ji Hyo stared at him. "Jong Kook-ssi, are you still interested in me?" she asked him. "I have always been." he answered fastly. Ji Hyo looked at him and asked, "Can you wait for me?" Jong Kook's small eyes lightened up. "Of course! Of course! I will." he answered with a very energetic voice. "That's good." Ji Hyo told him. "It's good to know that you'll wait for me." Ji Hyo said to him without looking. He somewhat felt strange with Ji Hyo's facial expressions. She asked him to wait for her, but he couldn't see any sincerity on her smile. "I'll get going now, Jong Kook-ssi." said Ji Hyo. "Please wait for me." she said. "Until when?" he asked. "In the next life." she left as soon as she uttered the words, "Dong Wook needs me." said she making Jong Kook dumbfounded. 
 
Dong Wook was in a panic mode. He forgot that someone called him earlier, and told him that the person will go to where he is. He's afraid that the two of them will meet him at the same time. "I'm near." Both of the persons who contacted him earlier mentioned that they are now so close to see him. He saw a familiar figure, and he knows it is Song Ji Hyo. He sighed thinking that Song Ji Hyo will arrive first before the caller, however, Ji Hyo dropped something on the floor and it made her stop for a minute to pick up what she had dropped. When he saw Ji Hyo waving at him and walking towards his direction, a person suddenly appears in front of him. It was his caller. Ji Hyo halted her steps when she saw a woman approaching the man who is just few centimeters away from her. 
 
She was surprised when the woman, who obviously came back from out of the country, kissed Dong Wook on his lips for a long time. Dong Wook was obviously shocked as well, and it didn't pass on the woman's view. The woman turned around and saw her looking at them, the woman smiled at her, and gave her hand asking for a hand shake. "Hi! I'm Lee Si Young. And you are?"