The Intent

Top Secret

 

Jong Kook woke up in the dark. The room is so dark, but his mind is busy thinking of something. Five years ago, there was a woman who used to like him. She used to be so close to him, but now she's treating him like nothing. It was him who wanted it, in the first place. He remembered how he and the woman who used to be so close to him knew each other. It was when his former band 'Turbo' had a concert. Back in that time, they were so popular. All girls were dying just to meet and greet them, however, one woman made an easy way to get close to them. And it made him exasperated that the woman received a special treatment. He was asked to come and see the woman, but knowing how the woman received the chance, he lost his interest. 
 
"Kim Jong Kook-ssi!" screamed by the woman in front of him. "I am so happy to meet you, Kim Jong Kook-ssi!" continued with the woman in front of him as she bowed deeply. He didn't smile at the woman. Looking at her, he can say that the woman is a daughter of a very important person. And he hates how fans use money to reach their idols. "My name is Song Ji Hyo." said the girl who was asking for his hand. He ignored the hand that Ji Hyo was offering. Ji Hyo didn't get mad at him, instead she asked him about everything. "I didn't know that you have such a strong personality, Kim Jong Kook-ssi." Ji Hyo said to him with a smile on her face. The woman in front of him was totally smitten by his charm.
 
"How did you get a pass?" Jong asked Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo looked at him and smiled warmly. "I got a pass because I bought a ticket. And the ticket that I bought has the lucky number. It's a lucky ticket because it brings me to you." Ji Hyo's smile was so bright. 'Like I will believe you.' said Jong Kook to himself. Ji Hyo was looking for the ticket, but she couldn't find it. "Where's my ticket? It was just in my pocket earlier." Ji Hyo asked aloud to herself. Jong Kook sighed. "What's your name again?" asked Jong Kook. Ji Hyo smiled at his question. "Song Ji Hyo." said she. "I see." Jong Kook said to her. "Ji Hyo-ssi, please leave the room now." said Jong Kook. "Why do you want me to leave Kim Jong Kook-ssi?" asked Ji Hyo. "You're not allowed here." he said. 
 
Ji Hyo smiled at him. "I understand." she said smiling at him. "Please don't forget my name because we will meet each other again." Ji Hyo said to the man. "Maybe not." Jong Kook said. Ji Hyo left the room and started to look for the lost ticket. She was about to give up when she felt something on her ankle. She took it and saw the lucky ticket. She stood in line for couple of hours even though she could just go straight to the place, but she doesn't want injustice, so she followed the rules of the fans. Ji Hyo smiled and kissed the lucky ticket. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." she said repeatedly. "Mom, I want to be married now." she said to her mother over the phone. 
 
When she reached home, her parents are waiting for her. "What did you say?" her mother asked. "I want to be married." Ji Hyo said. "Do you have a boyfriend already?" asked by her mom. "I don't." she answered. "Then, who will you marry?" asked her mom. "Kim Jong Kook." she answered. Her father's eyes lightened when he heard what she said. "Kim Jong Kook? The son of the owner of Kim's Printing Enterprise?" asked by her dad. "Yes, it's him. Please let me marry him." she said to her parents. "How could you marry if he is not your boyfriend?" her mom asked. "I will let him like me, Mom." said Ji Hyo. "Ya! where are your manners?" asked by her mom, but she just smiled at her mom. "He'll like me, Mom." she said. 
 
Meanwhile, Kim Jong Kook's parents are asking him whether he is in a relationship. "I'm not." he answered. "Then, it's good." his dad said. "You'll be married soon." said his father. "W-what?" he asked full of surprise. "You heard me right." his father stated, and stood up from the chair he's sitting. "Mom, what is this?" he asked his mom who remains quiet. Her mom shook her head. "Your Dad has decided already." said his mother. "It will be me who will get married. Why would I get married to someone I don't know?" he asked angrily. "You know how business men think, Jong Kook-ah." his mother reminded him. With his mother's words, he knew going against his Dad is not a good thing.
 
Few weeks later, the family of the Kim and the Song gathered inside a very exclusive hotel. All was present except the muscled man. The parents of Ji Hyo looked at their daughter. As far as they can see, their daughter is in love with the man who is not showing his face to them. However, one man suddenly approaches their table. "I'm sorry I was late. I caught a traffic jam." the singer stated his sorry to them. Just as Jong Kook was about to sit, he saw a familiar figure sitting between two elite people. "You?" he asked loudly. Ji Hyo smiled and nodded at him. "We meet again, Jong Kook-ssi." said the woman. "Why are you here?" asked Jong Kook though he obviously knows the answer. 
 
"She's your fiancee." his father told him. "They are your soon-to-be parents-in-law." said his father while pointing at the Song family. His exasperation could be seen all over his face, and it didn't go unnoticed by the Song parents. "I think your son is not in a good state, Mr. Kim." Mr. Song said. Jong Kook felt the strict tone of the older man in front of him. "If you don't want to marry my daughter, speak now." Mr. Song said to Jong Kook. "Dad-" Ji Hyo called her dad's attention. Jong Kook thought that his life will be ruined if he said that he doesn't really want to marry, but his heart really doesn't want to do it. "Why don't the two of you travel first? Get to know each other and see whether you really want to be with each other." Mr. Song said to all of them while looking at Ji Hyo and Jong Kook. "Go to Boston and take your time." Mr. Song said. The Song parents bowed deeply and excused themselves. "Decide on your own." Mr. Song was heard talking to Jong Kook before he left the exclusive hotel.