The Culprit

Top Secret

 

Kim Jong Kook looked at his mother with his eyebrows crossed. "M-mom, what kind of question is that?" he asked his mother. "You should have understood Omeonim because she's a wife like you. Don't you think you'll react that way if you are on her state right now?" Jong Kook asked his mother unbelieving what he just heard. "I-I'm sorry, Mom." he uttered when he realized that he had raised his voice. "I just can't find the reason on why you needed to ask that question. It is just so unrelated." he commented honestly. His mother looked at him without saying anything. His father tapped his shoulder when he was obviously awkward with his mom all of a sudden. "It must have been hard on you, son." Mr. Kim told Jong Kook, and he didn't know why he felt so warm with his words. 
 
Jong Kook received a call from his mother-in-law. He looked at his parents with astonishment. "What's wrong?" Mrs. Kim asked him. "Mom, Dad, the real culprit has been caught." Jong Kook told them. The eyes of his parents grew bigger with what he had announced. "W-who the hell is that person?" Mrs. Kim asked Jong Kook. "Omeonim is asking us to be with her in the police station." told Jong Kook. "Let's go there now. I want to see who dared tried to ruin my husband's name." Mrs. Kim told them. "Yeobo, please calm yourself." Mr. Kim asked his wife to be calm. Jong Kook smiled seeing how loveable his parents are. He wishes that he'll be like them, too. He hurriedly went to the parking area to pick his car, so he could drive his parents to the police station.
 
It didn't take them a long time to be in the police station for there was no traffic. The Kim family saw the Song women inside the station. Song Ji Hyo bowed to his parents when she saw them. The wives of the respectable business men didn't mind greet each other, but the married couple still kissed each other on the lips when they saw each other. "Is everything okay?" he asked his wife. Ji Hyo shook her head as an answer. He noticed a woman sitting in front of his mother-in-law. "Who is she?" asked Jong Kook. "She's one of the nurses who came in with your father." Mrs. Song told Jong Kook, which was also heard by the two Kims. "She is not a registered nurse." added Mrs. Song. "As well as the doctor and the other nurse." continued Mrs. Song. 
 
"What a pitiful woman! Who asked you to disguise?" asked Mrs. Kim to the pretentious woman. The woman didn't look at them. "If you will not speak now, I will make sure that your family will suffer as much as what you have done to us." Mrs. Kim warned the woman. "Better speak now." Mrs. Song added. Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Song looked at each other with messages on their eyes, and both of them looked at the woman, who had just made a sin. "Are you under a very influential person?" asked Mrs. Kim. "Did that person tell you that you're safe?" asked Mrs. Song. "Did she guarantee you about you and your family's safety?" asked Mrs. Kim. "Is that person richer than us?" Mrs. Song asked. Jong Kook, Mr. Kim, and Ji Hyo are just looking and listening to the woman. "Answer me now." yelled by the both of the women which made the three of them laughed a little despite of the situation because of their similarities. 
 
The woman is still not talking to them. "If we combine our powers together, when I say powers, it means money. You know how money works, right? Do you think we will let you have a peace of mind regarding your family and friends?" asked Mrs. Song. The woman looked frightened with what she had said. "Fine. If you don't want to speak. Let your family pay for the consequences." said Mrs. Song as she looked at the Kim's family. "I want to send my deep apology to the both of you. Seeing this woman made me realized that it has been such a foolish thing of me to doubt your friendship with my husband." said Mrs. Song as she bowed deeply in front of the Kim's family. Mrs. Kim went near Mrs. Song as she helped her lift her head up. "Don't worry about it. I felt annoyed at you as well, but at the end of the day, I realized it is understandable." Mrs. Kim told Mrs. Song.
 
"E-excuse me--" the woman called their attention. All of them looked at the woman. They have questions in their eyes. And the woman seemed to be guilty of doing something bad, so she looked and called their attention. "I was paid to disguise myself as a nurse..--" cut the woman. "Please help my parents recover when you hear what I will say." continued the woman. "It's -- " the woman stopped talking. "Hurry up!" Mrs. Kim's scary voice was heard, so the woman bowed down. "It's actually Lee Dong Wook's doing." said the nurse, the fake nurse. The married couple looked at each other. They couldn't believe what they just heard.
 
The in-laws looked at their children. The three of them looked at the surprised two. "I guess we have to leave the two of you now to settle the matter." said Mrs. Song to which the two of them bowed lightly. "You should tell the truth or else, you know what will happen." said Mrs. Song to the guilty woman sitting in front of them. Ji Hyo couldn't believe what the fake nurse just told them. "What did you say?" asked Ji Hyo. "What did you say?" Ji Hyo raised her voice to the guilty woman to Jong Kook's surprise. 
 
"It's Lee Dong Wook who asked us to do this." said the fake nurse. "It was him who said that we should do that in the hospital." the woman said. Ji Hyo raised her eye brow. "What for?" she asked. "Lee Dong Wook said that if you can not be with him, then you can't be with Kim Jong Kook." said the woman. "So? How does that connect to my father?" she asked with obvious annoyance on her voice. "Ji Hyo-yah..--" calmed Jong Kook. "He said that the best way to ruin the relationship that you have with Kim Jong Kook is through your Dad because he knows you love your Dad very much." the woman added. Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook, who is calming her, but she put her look back on the fake nurse. "Ya! Do you want to die?" cursing Ji Hyo angrily asked the guilty woman, whose tears are now streaming on her face.