The Test

Top Secret

 

The members looked at her pale face. She went blank and all she could see is black. She was about to fall, but her husband was quick enough to catch her. "What happened?" the men were in panic when they saw her almost lost her consciousness. She is now being held by Jong Kook. "What's wrong, Ji Hyo-yah?" asked her husband. "Jong Kook Oppa, let's go to the hospital quickly." Ji Hyo shouted with all her might. Jong Kook looked at the men with a confused look. "Must be her Dad." Jae Suk told Jong Kook sadly. She carried Ji Hyo and brought her to the nearest infirmary. Ji Hyo opened her eyes, and saw Jong Kook looking at her. "Where's my Dad?" asked Ji Hyo. "Ji Hyo, we are in an infirmary. You should rest first. Your condition is not good." Jong Kook told her. 
 
An hour after they stayed in the infirmary, Jong Kook drove his wife to his father-in-law's hospital. He could see that Ji Hyo is being quiet and he knows that it is not a good news. When they reached the hospital, Ji Hyo hurriedly run towards her father's room. There she saw her mom with a very sad face. "Mom, what happened?" asked she to her mother who looks so depressed seeing her father on a serious state. "Your Dad almost died." Mrs. Song told her. "What happened?" she repeated her questions. "Someone tried to kill him by pulling everything off." Mrs. Song told her with an angry voice. "I will not let this pass." Mrs. Song said in a very mad tone. Just then, Jong Kook went inside the room where the two important women of his father-in-law are seriously talking.
 
He came inside the room where the two important women of his father-in-law are seriously talking. His mother-in-law looked at him. "Hello, Mom!" he greeted with a light bow. He felt something is strange when the cheerful Mrs. Song didn't greet him back, but he understands that Mrs. Song is in a bad mood today. Ji Hyo looked at her mother as well as her husband. Her tears fall knowing that things will be difficult for them to handle now. Jong Kook looked at her with questions in his eyes. She knows his eyes are asking him what's happening, but she doesn't want him to know. Her mom, just as educated as she is, didn't utter a single word. Jong Kook is now obviously confused on what's happening, so he asked, "How's Father?" with a very soft voice.
 
Mrs. Song looked at him. "What did you ask?" she asked him. "Father-- how is he?" he repeated. Mrs. Song smiled bitterly. "Father?" she asked. "How could you call him a father?" asked Mrs. Song. "He is not good, can't you see? He got worse because your father did that to whom you're calling your father." Mrs. Song told Jong Kook. His eyes grew bigger with what he heard. "Mom, my Dad can't do that." he disagreed with what the mother of his wife told him. He looked at Ji Hyo, who is looking blankly at him. "Mother-in-law.." he called. "Please don't call me that unless I have proven that your Dad is innocent." said Mrs. Song. Mrs. Song turned her head a little to her daughter. "I'll be back in a while. I just have things to do. Make sure you will not leave your father alone. And make sure that you won't let Kim Jong Kook-ssi near him alone." she said as she made her way out in front of Jong Kook. 
 
Jong Kook hurried over Ji Hyo. The actress just looked blank at him. "Ji Hyo-yah, I don't think my Dad could do it to your Dad. As what you have said, your father and my father are best of friends. How could he do it to your Dad?" Jong Kook asked worrying that Ji Hyo might be affected because of the latest happenings. "I am believing you now, but if there will be evidences, I don't know whether this would still be bearable." Ji Hyo told the singer. "What are you trying to say?" Jong Kook asked. "Think about it. If you were in my shoes, would you still accept me if my Dad attempted to kill your Dad?" Ji Hyo looked at him seeing an obvious answer on his face. "Let's just wish that your Dad didn't do it. Otherwise, I don't know what will happen to us. You know how I love my Dad." said she. 
 
Days later, the three of them, Ji Hyo, Ji Hyo's mother, and him went to the prosecution office to see whether it was his father's fault or not. The hospital has provided the CCTV on which they can check on who the last visitor was before Mr. Song experience some hardship on breathing. They were so serious looking at the camera when they noticed Mrs. Song, who is about to leave, and who bumped into the two nurses, who will check her husband's condition. His mother-in-law left leaving the two nurses alone. After some time, the two nurses left the room at the same time, and bumped into his father, Mr. Kim. The two nurses bowed lightly to his father, who came inside the room of his father-in-law. 
 
His father spent a lot of time inside the room. His father, who stayed inside the room for almost 30 minutes, stepped out of the room in a hurry. Ji Hyo looked at him when she saw the urgency of his father to leave the place that fast. A nurse all of a sudden came in to check his father-in-law's condition again. When the nurse came inside the room, the nurse hurriedly went outside to call for a doctor. The doctor and the two nurses were seen coming inside the patient's room once again. The recording was cut, so the three of them looked at each other without talking. 
 
Mrs. Song looked at Jong Kook and looked at Ji Hyo. Jong Kook looked at her with teary eyes. She knows Jong Kook is also in disbelief on what they have watched. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi.." called her mother to her husband. Jong Kook looked at her mother sadly. "Your father is who my husband trusts the most. Your father has been with my husband more than I do. They have been good friends and have considered each other as brothers. How could your father betray my husband?" her mother asked him without looking. "I-It is not yet proven that my Dad did it. I know my Dad won't do it." Jong Kook disagreed with his mother-in-law. "How sure are you?" Mrs. Song asked. 
 
"I know my father so well like how Ji Hyo knows father-in-law." answered her husband to her emotional mother. "I see." her mother said shortly. "Then, if you are that sure, I want you to cut your ties on our family, if you're Dad will be proven guilty." her mother told her husband. The two of them looked at each other in a gape.  "You have to remember this Jong Kook-ssi--" said his mother-in-law. "My family is my most precious treasure in this world, if one dares to meddle around us, if your Dad is proven messing with us, I guarantee you, Jong Kook-ssi, that between you and my daughter.. some good things will never last." Mrs. Song told Jong Kook as she signaled her daughter that she's got to go. Just like that, the strong wind seems to be blowing to the two of them once again.