The Family

Top Secret

 

The Kim family has been staying in Boston for a decade and a half now. The two strongest members of the variety show Running Man chose to stay out of the stoplight to focus on their own family. Leaving the 'family' that they have been with for such a long time was actually the hardest decision that they have made together. There were nights when they shared sadness whenever they missed doing the variety show, but seeing the baby made them smile in sadness. The Running Man men agreed on their request that they shouldn't end the show just because of them. The men were so curious and furious at first as to why they needed to stop doing the show. 
 
"What made you think that we can do this show without the two of you?" asked Suk Jin. "We are losing the capable ones. Don't you think fans will still want to watch the show if the two of you will be missing? You can have your spots? I think no other man and no other woman can do it. No matter how famous that person might be." Suk Jin commented. "Even if there will be another Yu Jae Suk or another Ha Ha, another Gwang Soo or another Gary, I don't think it will be enough to fill in your shoes." Suk Jin said continuously. "Hyung--" Jong Kook called Suk Jin's attention because he knows the oldest man is upset. 
 
"Jong Kook-hyung, we promised each other that we will never give up the show." Ha Ha reminded him. "Why are you betraying us, Hyung? Ji Hyo-yah?" Ha Ha asked the two of them. "I'm sorry Ha Ha-yah. I wanted to keep my promise, but if you're in my shoes, wouldn't you like to settle down and live a quiet life with your family?" asked Jong Kook. "But we are a family, Hyung." Ha Ha answered. "Your own family?" Jong Kook asked again. Ha Ha thought of his answer. He fully understand where he is coming from for he is experiencing the same way with Byul. The only difference between Jong Kook and him is Jong Kook is way wealthier than him. 
 
"Don't you think you two are being selfish?" Gary asked. "This show has been through a lot and you two are just letting it go like that? Why could you let this one go easily? Don't you consider our feelings?" angry Gary asked. "Why does it always have to be the two of you who should be understood? I just couldn't get it." Gary added. Jong Kook saw Gary's eyes the anger that he has. It's his first time seeing Gary so mad like this and it pains him. Ha Ha and Gary are the first two persons whom he got close to in Running Man. He knows if he is in their shoes, he'll feel the same way as well. In fact, he might be angrier than them. "I'm sorry. We're sorry."
 
The men looked at the woman who just said the words 'I'm sorry. We're sorry.' They could see her looked so down and sorry. "I'm sorry that we have been through a lot, but I'm thankful that even though we have been through many ups and downs, we still know how to care, trust, and love each other. It made me think how loved I am and how loved we are here in this Running Man family. It's no joke to experience such things, but it was just a piece of cake having all of you around. However, we're sorry to disappoint you for choosing what's best for our family. We are sorry to disappoint all of you by making all of you the inspiration of what we would want to be as a family. We are quitting the show permanently, but we are not quitting ourselves as a part of this family. I love this family. We love this family. But, we have our own family, too." 
 
"I hope you all understand what I mean. I'm sure all of you know what I really mean." Ji Hyo, who was most of the time silent with all the controversies, answered all the curiousity and furiousness of the five men who are dear to them, dear to her. Jong Kook tapped her shoulder. She looked at him and to the five men whom she knows are surprised with their decision. "All right." Jae Suk butted in. "We will still film Running Man." said Jae Suk. "Thank you, Jae Suk Oppa." Ji Hyo said as she hugged her 'candy alliance' partner. The four men looked at the national emcee with confused faces.
 
"Hyung, why do you always take their sides?" angry Gary asked their main host. "I am not taking their sides, Gary-ah. I am just giving them what they want. Have you fogotten their awkwardness on their couple mission before? Didn't you see the light in their eyes when they were asked by the PD about the place where Ji Hyo would like to be and both of them answered 'Boston'? That place sure means a lot to them. Just imagine how happier they would be if they go back to the place where the two of them had started. We can not just cage the two of them here because they now have different lives than us. It has always been different to us, remember? They were born on a higher ground, so let's just understand." said Jae Suk.
 
"Are you thinking of them?" asked Kim Jong Kook to his wife who is in deep thought. Ji Hyo nodded at him. "Do you want to stay in South Korea for good?" asked Jong Kook. "Is it possible for us to do that?" asked Ji Hyo. "Why won't it be possible? We are Koreans. It's our country. Our own country." Jong Kook answered with a smile. "Then, shall I pack my things now?" asked Ji Hyo. "You should pack Lee Dong Wook's things first. He sure has lots." said Jong Kook. "He's so like you." commented Ji Hyo and because of that comment Jong Kook punished her by kissing her lips. The kiss was cut short when they heard a forced cough in the background. 
 
"Mom, Dad, we have a visitor." The 15-year old Lee Dong Wook told the loving husband and wife. "Oh really?" asked Ji Hyo with a nervous tone. "Yah! Do you think Lee Dong Wook will introduce his girlfriend to us?" whispered Jong Kook to his wife's ear. "He can't yet. He's still a baby." Ji Hyo answered softly. "Ya! He's already a teenager. He's already 15 years old. It's not impossible." Jong Kook told her softly again. "No, he will not. I don't know what I will do if he introduces a girl to me. Kyaa--" Ji Hyo softly answered in cuteness and it made Jong Kook cracked a smile. The beauty of his wife is so everlasting. He really loves the way she is.
 
"Mom? Dad?" Lee Dong Wook called their attention again. "Ah yes, yes. Who is our visitor today?" asked Jong Kook to his son. "Actually, it is a group of visitors." he said to his parents. Ji Hyo sighed as a relief and smiled widely. "Who are they? Let them enter the house." Ji Hyo told her only son. Before Lee Dong Wook could answer the question, his godfathers popped out making their faces visible by the two loveable parents. "Hyung--" "Oppa--" both the couple screamed when they saw the members of the former variety show Running Man. "How have you been?" all of them asked each other and it made them laughed, just like the old times.