The Origin

Top Secret

 

 
"Lee Dong Wook?" all the people in the hospital including the Running Man members were surprised to hear what they just announced. They were surprised as to why the name of the actor Lee Dong Wook was given to their first child. In fact, if they want to use the name of the late actor, they should get rid of his last name. It should have been Kim Dong Wook since Kim is the surname of Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. Camera flashes are everywhere. They try to get many shots of the controversial married couple. It just proves that they are indeed popular. Having all the things they do to be watched and followed by the people.
 
The married couple looked at each other. They were aware that people inside will be curious as to why they gave their first child with 'Lee Dong Wook' as a name. They know that the first thing that will come to their minds is the image of the actor who chose to die to let them be together. They know that people will just remember the actor with their child's name. Knowing that they knew what the outcome would be like, they still chose to name it to their son. At first, they asked themselves whether it won't be that complicated or would be that complicated if they name it like that, but at the end of the day, they chose to be thankful to them.
 
Them means Lee Dong Wook and Lee Si Young. Lee Dong Wook has been present to Song Ji Hyo's life when Kim Jong Kook was not around. If not for Lee Dong Wook, Ji Hyo might have died as well. Ji Hyo remembered how the actor brought her to the doctor when she took the wrong jar of medicine. As for Lee Si Young, she might have just shared a minor part of her life to them, but that minor life was the main reason why they realized how much love they do have for each other. Thinking about them and their child made them smile and remembered how they agreed on the name of their baby.
 
"What will we be our baby's name?" Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo as he was touching her three-month old baby on her stomach. The awarding was finished and the happiness that the two of them have is endless. "Dong Wook." said Ji Hyo. Jong Kook looked at her asking why she chose it, so she answered. "I am very grateful of him in my life, Jong Kook-oppa. He was a great part of it. I just want to pay back his good will by giving our first child his name." Ji Hyo answered. "What about Lee Si Young?" asked Jong Kook. "It's a girl's name Oppa." said Ji Hyo. "I think she should be remembered by us as well. She also has a part in us." Jong Kook said.
 
"Let's just mix their names, then." said Ji Hyo. "How?" asked Jong Kook. "Lee Dong Wook." answered Ji Hyo. "Eeyy. They will just think of Lee Dong Wook not with Lee Si Young." said Jong Kook. "Isn't it nice when they know only part of it? We don't need to share everything to them, right? It must be concealed by us, right?" Ji Hyo bombarded Jong Kook with questions. "Lee came from Lee Si Young and Dong Wook came from Lee Dong Wook. Then, the name is Lee Dong Wook?" asked Jong Kook which Ji Hyo answered with a nod and a pouting lips. "Noted." smile Jong Kook as he patted the head of his wife who accepted his proposal earlier. 
 
"Lee Dong Wook." said Jong Kook after the flashback. "It must be confusing, isn't it?" he asked the reporters. "Actually, his full name is Kim Lee Dong Wook.--" "What we just said in the telecast was his name, and his name is really Lee Dong Wook. Kim Lee Dong Wook. We'll call our son as Lee Dong Wook as a way of remembering the goodness of the two people whom we didn't get a chance to be close with." Jong Kook opened up with a straight look. "Lee came from the name of Lee Si Young. We took her last name as our baby's first name as well as we added up Dong Wook's name." Jong Kook answered their curious questions in their eyes. 
 
"Not so long ago, Dong Wook had shared a lot of memories with my wife as well as with me. Though most of the time, we only misunderstood each other. If you only knew what we were up to in the past, you would know the reason why we chose their names to be our first child's name. It's also a way of appreciating the miracle that has happened to my wife and to the baby. We are very glad that our baby is safe. I know it's Lee Dong Wook and Lee Si Young's doing up there." said he pertaining to the deceased people. The Running Man members gave him an applause after his speech. They knew it must have been so tough of him to do it, but he still managed to do so. 
 
The Running Man members went to where the two are. The camera flashes are everywhere again. The reporters are now witnessing how warm the so-called 'family' are. Little do the reporters know that the Running Man members are so proud of how mature the two strongest members of their show are. It is not that easy to remember all things in the past, but the two of them embraced it. They know that giving that name to their godson might be confusing, depressing, and saddening, but they also know that it could be as loving as the pure hearts of Lee Dong Wook and Lee Si Young will be remembered. "Congratulations!" said the men to the two persons who just gained more respect because of what they just have revealed.