The Drunken

Top Secret

 

"What happened?" Dong Wook came rushing towards Ji Hyo's room. Jong Kook could tell that Dong Wook was still filming when he heard the news. Dong Wook looked at him with questions in his eyes. He looked back at the sick woman's fiance. "She fainted due to stress and fatigue." he answered Dong Wook's question. "Is she okay now?" Dong Wook asked. "Yes, she is. She just needs some time to rest." Jong Kook answered the question again. "That's good." said the man who shares the same limelight with me. "Thank you. You can leave now." ordered Dong Wook to him. "But, you are still filming--" Jong Kook's words were cut when Dong Wook raised his hand in the air. "It's fine. You may leave." Dong Wook said to him with a different tone of voice. Unwillingly, he stepped out of the room where Ji Hyo is. 
 
'He's so into you.' Jong Kook told Ji Hyo on his mind. He sat on the chair outside and waited for Dong Wook to leave the room, but it has been many hours since Dong Wook didn't go out. 'He is so in love with you Ji Hyo-yah.' he spoke to himself again. He massaged his small eyes trying to feel better, and that's the thing that he was doing when Jae Suk approached him. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi-" called Jae Suk. Jong Kook now realized that Jae Suk was in front of him when he saw all eyes are on them. "Hyung, when did you arrive?" he asked Jae Suk. "Just now." Jae Suk told him a lie. Jae Suk had been watching him thinking deeply for almost two hours, and he couldn't help it anymore, so he decided to walk towards Jong Kook. 
 
"I heard she's okay now, so why are you still here?" Jae Suk asked him. "I'd like to see her awake, Hyung." he answered Jae Suk honestly. Jae Suk came in as an angel. He really couldn't take it anymore, and Jae Suk could help him a lot by absorbing all the words that will come out of his mouth. "You can see her awake tomorrow." Jae Suk told him referring to their show filming. "Not there, but here." Jong Kook told the national emcee. Jae Suk, just as smart as he is, knows the reason why Jong Kook is like this. "That won't be possible, Jong Kook-ah." he said directly. "You have to remember that she's engaged." Jae Suk told Jong Kook who seemed surprised of what he had said.
 
"But they are not yet married." he said. "They will be." Jae Suk answered. "How could you say it?" Jong Kook asked. "Ji Hyo and Dong Wook seemed to care for each other so much. I can see it by the way they exchange stares." Jae Suk answered with all honesty. "I don't see it." Jong Kook said. "Because you refuse to." Jae Suk told him. "We should go Jong Kook-ah, it will not be good seeing you for a long time here." Jae Suk advised him. "I don't care if it will look good or bad. I just want to be here until she wakes up." Jong Kook stubbornly said to Jae Suk. "Think of Ji Hyo, not you. They might think something about the two of you." Jae Suk reminded him of the consequences of what's he is doing. 
 
Jong Kook and Jae Suk left the hospital. Jae Suk could feel the heavy steps of Jong Kook while they were going out of the hospital. He couldn't understand why Jong Kook is in this kind of state, and he couldn't ask the other chatterbox member of the Running Man family. They went to  a private restaurant, and he swear to the marines, that this is the first time that he is seeing Kim Jong Kook drinking soju. "Ya! What's wrong with you. Why are you drinking soju?" he curiously shouted at Jong Kook. "This ain't the first time, hyung." answered Jong Kook which made him more surprised. "What did Ji Hyo do to you that you ended up like that?" Jae Suk asked still not believing what he can see. Jong Kook is drinking soju like a mineral water. 
 
Jong Kook smirked at him when he heard his question. "She did everything, Hyung. E-e-everything." he answered in pauses. "And I.. the great Kim Jong Kook.. I did.. nothing." said Jong Kook whose way of talking is now different. The alcohol is quickly having its effects towards Jong Kook. "Stop drinking, Jong Kook-ah. You'll be drunk." Jae Suk told him removing the shot glass away from his hands, but his reflexes were always quick, so he had stopped Jae Suk from taking it away from him. "Jae Suk hyung, is there a chance that Ji Hyo will be back to me?" "Do you think she'll really do all her best to marry that Lee Dong Wook?" "Should I just steal Ji Hyo away from him?" Jong Kook asked consecutively. "I am the great Kim Jong Kook, I can do everything. I can do everything. But Ji Hyo... Ji Hyo-yah.. she'll do nothing." drunk Jong Kook said. Jae Suk became so curious about Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. He is now so confused. 
 
"Hyung, do you want to know a secret?" drunk Jong Kook asked Jae Suk all of a sudden when they were inside the national emcee's car. "Stop. You shouldn't reveal secrets when you're drunk. Watch your manners." Jae Suk told Jong Kook although he was so curious about the secret that he's talking about. "Hyung, you are like Ji Hyo." Jong Kook smiled as he thought of Ji Hyo on his drunken state. "Ji Hyo is actually not that tough, Hyung. She is really a loveable woman. No wonder a man like Lee Dong Wook has fallen for her. Only an idiot will not fall for her. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot." chatted Jong Kook. Jae Suk sighed and felt pity towards the man beside him. 'It must have been so hard on you. How hard is it really being born on a higher ground?' he asked himself. "Hyung, I'll tell you my top secret. I will tell you not because I'm drunk, but because I need you to help me through the pain I have now. Please listen to my secret, and promise me that you will not let the cat out of the bag." Jong Kook said before he drowned to slumber.