The Options

Top Secret

 

Kim's Mansion.
 
Kim Jong Kook's car went inside the very wide property of his family. His parents are the only ones living there in his family. His background is very much known all over South Korea, and the beautiful scenery of the mansion could be seen right now. The guard opened the gate really fast through a machine, so his car was able to go in to the mansion. He has decided to come to his parent's extravagant house to confirm something. He knows his father won't do such a thing, so confirming that he's innocent is his mission. This mission is not just a mission being asked by the PDs for him to accopmlish, but a mission where all things related to him could be affected if it won't get some clearance soon.
 
The maids bowed to him when he entered the mansion. The huge house seemed to be empty, but he heard the sound of the piano. He smiled widely for he knows that he'll be seeing who he has wanting to see. He went to their music room and saw his father playing the piano. Mr. Kim didn't stop playing even if he saw him through the glass mirror. He looked around the music room and saw his mother looking seriously at his father. He looked back at his father and saw how affected his father is about the controversies. His father, who is known for being a manly person, has lost its masculinity. Mr. Kim became thinner and stressed. His mother is just looking seriously at his father who just keeps on playing the piano.
 
"What brings you here?" Mr. Kim, who is still playing the piano, asked him. He looked at his father, who is not looking at him. His father is continuouly playing the piano. He noticed that his father is playing one of his favorites songs on the piano. The title of the song that his father is playing is the classical song of Andy Williams, 'Love Story'. "If you came here to ask me if I did it or not, I will tell you that what you think is true." Mr. Kim told his son as he ended playing the piano. He looked at his mother and saw her looked at him. "Are you like them who doubt me? Or, are you like them who trust me?" another question was asked by Mr. Kim.
 
"D-Dad.." he called his Dad. His Dad looked at him without a solid expression on his face. "Could you please tell me what happened in the hospital?" he asked. Mr. Kim looked at him. "I'm tired of answering that question, my son." Mr. Kim told him. "I have been answering that question for almost a month, and I am so sick and tired of it." his father vented out his tiredness of the question to him. "That's why I told you, whatever it is on your mind, it is the truth." repeated Mr. Kim. He went to his Dad and hugged him. "Thanks, Dad. I know you'll not do it to Abeonim. I know, I know that you're innocent." Jong Kook told his Dad while hugging him. 
 
Mr. Kim hugged him back and tapped his shoulder. He knows his father felt very touched on what he had said. He loves his parents so much. He loves his parents that's he's up to the challenge to prove that his father is not guilty of all the accusations that they are giving him. "How is the Song family?" asked Mrs. Kim. "Abeonim is still not good. His condition got worse because of the current incident." Jong Kook answered his mother. He heard his father sighed a bit and looked at him. "I know he's mad at me now because I have not been visiting him for a long time now." his father told him sadly. "I want to be beside my best friend." he added. 
 
"Don't worry, Dad. Everything will be okay. Let's just be strong." Jong Kook told his saddened father. "Yeah, we should. We really should." his father agreed. "I have broke my silence for so many times, but all of them don't seem to believe me." his father told him again. "When I left the place, he's sleeping soundly. I was in a hurry because I needed to use the rest room." his father shared to him what exactly happened. "They are telling that my reason is lame, but how lame could it be if it was really the reason? Should I lie just to be not lame? I am not that stupid. I hate lying. I know you know that as my son." Mr. Kim told him again.
 
"Jong Kook-ah, how's Ji Hyo?" asked Mrs. Kim. Jong Kook looked at her, and touched his forehead. 'Oh shoot. I forgot to tell her that I'm already here.' "Kim Jong Kook!" yelled his mother when she didn't hear an answer from him. "She's okay, Mom." he said. "I hope." his mother told him. "Ji Hyo is such a sweet woman. She has sent me a message telling me that I should be okay and that I should not think too much because she believes in me." his Dad told him. His eyes had doubled their size when he heard it. "Really?" he asked. "Yeah, really." his father confirmed. "But I'm afraid, her mother doesn't think that way." his Dad continued.
 
"Omeonim--" Jong Kook's words were cut when his mother butted in. "How dare her blame your father for that?" his mother's mad tone is obvious on her words. Jong Kook looked at her father, and his father just shrugged his saggy shoulders. "She should have known that your father, who is her daughter's father-in-law, would not meddle with her husband. It makes me really mad thinking what she's thinking about your Dad, my husband." his mother raged at him. "Mom, please stop it. Please be calm. All will be well, soon." Jong Kook told his mother, and went near her to cheer her more. "Jong Kook-ah.." his father called. "I'm afraid that you have to choose between your family and your wife." his father added. "Will you choose your father's life or your wife?" Mrs. Kim, who has lost her patience, asked him all of a sudden.