The Couple

Top Secret

A week after, the members of the variety show Running Man, are now filming the show again. Today's mission is a couple race. This mission will last for three days as this episode will be aired on two Sundays. Since there are unbalanced numbers of members, the last one to complete the mission will automatically be out. The members kidded around that it must be very hard for the last member since s/he will not get any screen time for two weeks. The members kidded that if it won't be Lee Kwang Soo, then it will be Ji Suk Jin. The members were proven right as Suk Jin came in last on the mission completion. 

 

The couple names were announced. The first two persons who were able to complete the mission were Jae Suk and Gwang Soo. Gwang Soo surprised all of them and Jae Suk couldn't help but whine with, "How did I end up like this? I should have came in third or fourth instead." The live viewers laughed with what the grasshopper had mentioned towards the giraffe. The third and the fourth person were Ha Ha and Kang Gary. And to their surprise, the first two capable ones ended up as the fifth and the sixth person, thus, making Jong Kook and Ji Hyo a pair. "We admit defeat already. We admit defeat." Ha Ha joked around thinking that the two strongest are now a couple. 
 
The three pairs were asked to stand in line and get their mission. The mission for them is to get to know a lot of things about their partner more than the other couples. Ha Ha and Gary gave high ten towards each other. "We have a chance. We have a chance." Ha Ha kidded around after what he said earlier. Jae Suk looked at Gwang Soo and said, "See? I told you. You always drag me to the worst cases." "Hyung, why are you like that?" Gwang Soo played along. The first two pairs looked at the last pair who seemed to be so awkward with each other. "Ya! Why are the two of you not talking? Have you accepted losing the mission already?" Ha Ha asked the two. "Hyung, let's just exchange partners." Gary asked the muscled man. 
 
The whistle has been blown. They are now off to start to do the mission. Their first mission is to find their hotel room numbers. The hotel room will be their home for three consecutive days. They drove the car in order. "It is so interesting to see Jong Kook being paired with Ji Hyo. Did you see how awkward the two were?" Jae Suk asked Gwang Soo. "They might actually win against us, hyung." Gwang Soo commented on Jae Suk's question. "What made you say that?" Jae Suk asked in wonder. "They are both good at memorizing, hyung." Gwang Soo answered Jae Suk. "They won't remember it in the final part. Trust me." Jae Suk assured Gwang Soo. 
 
Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were the last one to set off. Jong Kook decided to drive to their hotel room. The awkwardness is very evident for the two of them. Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo. He could see how uncomfortable Ji Hyo is. "It's good that it ended up like this." Jong Kook said trying to break the silence. Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook and nodded. "It is my first time seeing you drive like this." Ji Hyo said as she looked at the driving Jong Kook. Ji Hyo turned away after what she had said. "D-does he drive for you all the time?" Jong Kook asked the actress whose eyes are looking at the road. "He doesn't let me drive." Ji Hyo answered his question. They forgot that they are being filmed and that Ji Hyo's relationship status is not yet out in public.
 
After some time, they arrived at their own rooms. The members noticed that their rooms are just beside each other's. The couples decided to go shopping for their three day-mission. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo went to the department store. Fans were all over them, but it didn't matter to all of them. "What a very nice couple." "The pair is better than the Monday Couple." "They look like husband and wife." "I want Kim Jong Kook-ssi to shop with me like Song Ji Hyo-si." "The two best players are a team. Daebak." These were some fan chants that they heard. Hearing the chants, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo looked at each other, however, it was Ji Hyo who let go of the stare first. They went home immediately when they finished shopping.
 
Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo if she would like to cook and Ji Hyo asked whether he'd like to have some specific meal to be cooked. Jong Kook answered Ji Hyo that he'd like to eat bibimbap. Ji Hyo looked at him and told him that she's really not a good cook. Jong Kook asked her if he would cook for them instead and Ji Hyo replied with a nod. "What food would you like me to cook?" asked Jong Kook. "Jajangmyun." answered Ji Hyo. Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo with a curious face. "I have liked Jajangmyun since he cooked it for me." Ji Hyo told the singer. "He? Meaning.. him?" Jong Kook asked referring to Dong Wook. "Yeah." Ji Hyo answered. 
 
Silence was heard all over the room of Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. Only the sound of the utensils could be heard because Jong Kook is preparing for their meals. "It's ready." Jong Kook said as a signal that the food is already set. Ji Hyo stood up from watching the television. Jong Kook looked at the show Ji Hyo is watching and he saw Dong Wook on his Strong Heart show. He sighed and looked at the woman who really seems to love Lee Dong Wook. He wanted to ask more questions about Lee Dong Wook, but he knows they are being filmed, so he kept all the questions to himself. Ji Hyo reached for the chopsticks and started to eat Jong Kook's jajangmyun. She smiled a little when she tasted a bit of it. "T-this is... delicious." Ji Hyo commended Jong Kook's cooking, and it made Jong Kook's eyes teary, but then Ji Hyo smiled brightly at him.