Chapter Two

By His Side

Minzy sat on her thrown and looked to the empty seat next to her. It amazed her to see him staying out longer each time and it worried her. But she couldn't show any sign of it, she couldn't and wouldn't let her servants see. She felt her chest tighten as she looked around at the prision walls that surrounded her.

"Good morning my queen," King GD spoke as he filled the seat next to her.

She turned to look at the now filled seat and wished it went back to not being occupied. Just like every morning, he rose her hand to place a kiss at the top of it to put on a show. With a light nod Minzy gracefully turned her head trying to clear out the scent of another woman from her nose.

Minzy didn't understand how he could be so sloppy when it came to his secret. He no longer tried to cover it up with a shower or a change of clothes. She took another slight glance and noticed he was still wearing his clothes from last night, making her chest tighten more. He simply didn't care and as much as she tried to follow along with it she couldn't.

"My king I'm not feeling so well," Minzy said.

He reached up to her forehead to feel her temperature and saw her slightly flinch back, but he placed his hand onto her anyways, "Would you like to rest?"

She nodded as she moved away from his touch, she wouldn't allow herself to feel the warmth of his touch. There was no point in indulging herself at this little gesture when it was only an act. "May I please leave?"

"Please, I need my queen healthy and well to stand beside me," King GD answered as he extended a hand for her to leave.

Ignoring his gentlemen like charms, Minzy arose and left him. Heading towards the doors, she hoped that he could feel the loneliness of sitting up there next to an empty seat.

 

Minzy lay holding her stomach as she tried to comfort herself, "I'm sorry my son, mother is trying to stay strong for you." She felt him shift and she couldn't help but grin. "Let us stay strong for each other and for our kingdom," she whispered as she hummed to herself to sooth the child within her.

 

King GD peeked his head through to see her lying in bed. Walking over he looked to see apparent pain written all over Minzy's sleeping face. He didn't dare touch her face and watched as she held her stomach. GD grinned knowing that she was a strong woman and was grateful beyond words to the act she put on outside of her living quarters.

 She shifted as her eyes slowly opened, "GD?"

"Sshh...go back to sleep," he whispered as he patted her stomach.

But she didn't obey as her eyes widened as she sat up, "Why must you always come to me?"

"What do you mean, you are my queen. I must see how you are, your health and well being is of the utmost importance to me."

Minzy waved him away, "I'm fine, but do one thing for me."

He nodded as he awaited her request.

"Don't come to the thrown with her the stench of her scent all over you. If you have any ounce of respect for me or the kingdom don't make it so obvious of your late night activities," Minzy answered.

He sighed in understanding, "Well it's a little complicated trying to get back in time..."

"No excuses, no matter how late you are don't come in with your guilty pleasures all over you," she cut him off. She lay back down and pulled the covers up letting him know that the conversation was over.

GD quietly excused himself out of the room, leaving Minzy silently crying to herself.