Chapter Seventeen

By His Side

Time passed so fast. Before Minzy knew it, it had been almost two months since Top and CL had sworn to keep Minzy living with them a secret. In that time period, Top had moved Deuk and Don into one room so that Minzy could have a room to herself. CL and Bom happily helped Minzy make the room her own during that time.

"My goodness Minzy your cooking is amazing," CL said as she took a spoon full of soup to .

Minzy chuckled as she continued to stir the pot full of soup, "I learned from the best."

"Why you were one of my best students," Bom smiled up at Minzy.

This caused CL and Minzy to laugh, "Yes you both taught me well. I mean look at me. I feel like I've gained so much weight in such a short time from being here."

"That's because you haven't had real food before," Bom said.

CL chuckled as she began to set the table, "Bom you are too funny. Now can you come and help me set up the table? Your dad should be here any minute."

 

Everyone sat around the table waiting for Top to arrive and just as every other day the door opened. All the kids ran to their father to give him a big welcome home.

"Dad we've been waiting forever," Bom pouted as she hung from his neck.

"I'm sorry sweetie one of the farm animals were sick. I had to take care of it to make sure it was okay," he said sitting her down on a near by chair before pecking CL on the lips. "Hey babe. Wow this looks great!"

They all took their seats around the table as Deuk smiled, "Yeah Minzy made it all by herself!"

Top's eyes widened as he looked at Minzy, "Wow we have the honors of eating something made by the hands of our beloved queen?"

"Yes and it's delicious," CL said as she winked over to Minzy.

"Well I hope you all like it," Minzy grinned as they all folded their arms. "Could I offer the blessing?"

Everyone went quiet as they looked to Minzy, unsure if they heard right. She had never once offered a prayer in all her time there. "You, you wanna give the prayer," Top asked.

Minzy nodded as she smiled to all of them, "If that's okay."

"By all means, please do," CL smiled before bowing her head making the family follow her motions.

Minzy cleared as she clasped her hands together, "Umm...dear Lord, we thank you for this food. We ask you to bless it and...I ask you to please bless this family who has taken care of me during this..." She paused feeling choked up with emotions as she continued, "this dark time in my life. Please bless them and bless me with the strength to move forward. Amen."

"Amen," they all said in unison.

Minzy wipped the stray tear that fell onto her cheek when she felt a small hand take her hand. She looked to see it was Bom's hand. Bom gave her a light squeeze with a smile plastered on her face, "That was a beautiful prayer."

"Yes that was," Top said smiling at Minzy before looking at everyone else. "Now let's eat!" 

The boys cheered as they picked up their spoons and began attacking their bowl full of soup making the women in the house laugh.

 

Minzy and CL were cleaning the dishes together as Bom put away the remaining items that were left on the table. "You know I'm serious CL, I feel like I'm getting bigger every day," Minzy said shaking her head.

CL chuckled, "Well it's better than starving to death don't you think?"

"True," Minzy agreed handing her another plate.

Pounding at the door echoed through out the small house making both women stop. They looked at each other and Minzy couldn't help but give her a panicked look.

"Go hide in your room," CL said before turning to her children. "Everyone hurry go to your rooms. We have unexpected guest here."

"Who would be coming over so late at night," Top asked as he appeared in the kitchen area.

CL shrugged her shoulders as Minzy and the children went flying to their rooms.

Minzy quickly ran into her room and closed the door leaning her body weight against it. Her heart was pounding as she placed her ear onto the door to listen.

"Please come in," Top said.

"Thank you sir," a familiar voice said. Minzy bit her lip wanting to open the door to see who it was, but decided to wait it out. "I am Seungri, the head guard of the kingdom."

"Nice to meet you Seungri. To what do we owe you for such an abrupt visit," CL asked the question that Minzy was thinking.

"I apologize that I am visiting you both with no notice at all, but I had to come and see how you were."

"Why would you need to do such things?"

"I am the trusted guard to both the king and queen. The queen had great interest in your family," he replied.

"Which queen," Top asked.

"What do you mean which queen? There's only one queen in this kingdom and it is none other than queen Minzy," Seungri said speaking a little louder as if he was somewhat offended.

"Then who is this Dara that has been put in her place," CL came back.

Seungri sighed, "I've received this question many times. Though it is uncertain as to what she is to the king..."

"A ," CL cut in.

"Whatever you may call her, she is a good person at heart that loves the king."

"But she'll never be the queen. She has no royal blood running through her veins and we the people love our queen Minzy," CL said with frustration. Minzy held her chest feeling grateful for CL as she continued to listen in. "How can the king just toss her out like that? Does he realize what he's doing is selfish and will only hurt the kingdom?!"

"CL, please," Top spoke up. "She's right, we do not support the king when it comes to such actions as he is displaying right now to us."

"You are both right and even though I would love to discuss this issue further it's not my reason why I'm here. I'm here to check on CL's well being. It was one of the requests that queen Minzy had specifically asked me to do."

"You mean you're visiting us on behalf of queen Minzy," Top asked.

"Yes sir and now that I know that both of you are living well I must be off. I have other people I must see," Seungri said.

"Wait! Have you found her yet," CL asked.

"No we haven't, we're still searching for her. I promised that I would find her and bring her back to the palace and I will," Seungri answered before walking off.

It took all of Minzy's strength to not open the door and run after him. But she knew she couldn't. She still didn't feel ready. She listened and when she heard the footsteps walk away she waited a couple of seconds before running out. She ran to the front window and pushed the drapes aside to watch Seungri ride off into the night.

Minzy felt light headed as her knees gave in making her fall onto them. She began to cry as he disappeared into the night. How had she become such a coward? She didn't understand why she couldn't bring herself to come out of her room and this proved to her that she wasn't ready. How could she take her place again when she couldn't even face Seungri?

 

The next morning Minzy awoke to the pain in her stomach. She began to gag as she sat up. She raced for the bathroom and vomitted. Her body began to tremble as she starred at her vomit in front of her.

"Are you okay," Bom asked as she wiped at her eyes.

"I'm..." Minzy paused as she felt another round of vomit coming up . She held an index finger up at Bom and turned to release it.

"Let me go and get my mommy," Bom said now wide awake from watching Minzy throw up.

Within seconds CL was at Minzy's side, "Are you okay? Let's get you back into bed." Minzy nodded leaning her body up against CL as CL guided her back to the room. "Now get some rest okay," CL said as Bom helped pull the covers over Minzy's trembling body.

"Thank you. It must have been from seeing Seungri last night," Minzy smiled up at CL.

"I understand. Now get some rest."

Minzy nodded as she turned to her side. She tried her best to hold back her gaging by bitting down hard on her lip as she tried to go back to sleep.

 

Author's Notes:

I'm just gonna cut the bull crap and get straight to the point. It's just that if I don't fast forward that means I have to write filler chapters and that is one of my many weaknesses. Anywho thanks so much for reading and commenting! <3