Chapter Forty-one

By His Side

Minzy straightened up and handed Bom to her mother before holding Daesung close to her, "Let's go my son," she whispered. Taking one step at a time she ignored everyone around her. She pretended as it were only her and her son in the hallway, but that was short lived as someone blocked her way. Not giving any eye contact she moved another way to have her way barricaded once again. Moving one way she watched carefully before manuvering around the wall. She almost grinned being able to move around he human wall before she was caught by the arm. 

"Minzy stop!"

"Get your hands off of me," she demanded as she shook of the king's grip.

Refusing her request, GD reached to her once again, "No, I'm not going to let you go."

She was furious beyond words as she tried to jerk out of his strong grip, "Let me go! Let me go now!"

"Minzy you're scaring Daesung," CL called out.

But Minzy was too lost in the moment as she shouted at the king, "You have no right in touching me! Let me go now! I'm sick and tired of running from you! I'm done!"

"Then stop running from me! Talk to me Minzy! Tell me why I don't have the right to touch you! Tell me why you're done! Tell me," his voice boomed in frustration.

"Your highnesses I feel it best that you take your conversation into one of your rooms," Teddy stepped in between the both of them.

"There is nothing to discuss. I'm leaving and that's final," Minzy said bluntly.

"Minzy stop," her friend demanded.

"What," she asked annoyed that if anyone could convince her in doing something it would be CL.

CL sighed as she took her by the arm and gently guided her the opposite direction, "Minzy..."

"Hmm..."

"Give me Daesung." Minzy hesitated before she released her son. "Good, now go into your room."

"CL I..."

"No just go in your room and pull your thoughts together while I go talk to the king."

Minzy wanted to turn and do the opposite but CL had a firm grip on her arm and so did her words. She felt bound by CL's comforting words and put all her trust in her as she was led into her room.

"You'll be okay," her friend whispered as she gently helped Minzy release her strong grip off her arm. "Just stay here and gather your thoughts alright?"

Minzy could only nod as her friend quickly disappeared leaving her alone. She didn't understand how her room could feel so foreign. It felt so cold causing an involuntary shiver to run down her spine. Walking around the room that was supposedly her's she found herself standing in front of her window. 

Stepping forward, she reached out and closed her eyes. A cool breeze brushed against her face as the memory of the same little boy came to mind. Every detail was so clear of his face as he was standing at the window. She watched as he pointed upwards and knew what it meant. Though she did her best to reach out to him he shook his head giving her a knowing look. But she refused to comply as  her eyes started to water and she kept giving him eyes of pleading to stay. She fell to her knees in front of him and cried hard. It was unfair that so many people she loved had to leave her, especially him. 

As much as she wanted to look away, she couldn't she had to take that one last glimpse of him before he left her again. To her surprise this time was different. Watching the young child kneel before her, he cupped her face with his small hands and glanced deep into her eyes. In that moment she saw and felt something she didn't realize was with her all along. More tears spilled out as the child released her face and walked away to the window and faded away. 

Pulling her knees into her chest she cried hard as she held herself. Minzy felt like she had gone completely insane. Everything made sense and felt right as she understood more now then ever as to why she was at this point in her life.

She did her best to pull it together as she heard someone call out to her, "Minzy...Minzy..." She kept her face covered as the person came closer. Stiffening a little as the person sat next to her, she sat still sniffling to control her emotions. She was grateful for the silence to be able to focus back into reality. "You know it hurt me so much when you lost our baby," his voice cracked with emotion. 

It caught her off guard that he would admit to something like that and paid close attention to what he was saying. There was another shared silence again as both were lost in their own thoughts.

"Does it...does it still hurt," Minzy sniffled breaking the silence. 

"Yes," he quietly admitted. 

"Do you blame me?"

"No I blame myself. I should have been there for you. I still remember the desperation in your eyes and that gut feeling that told me to stay. I just..."

Tears fell as she relived the pain, " You just what?"

"I just thought that maybe just maybe my gut feelings were that of guilt and nothing more."

Minzy bit down on her lower lip as she held back the daggers of anger and betrayal. "You've won. You've won GD! I'm broken, tired, and most of all done. I'm done with you!"

"Okay..." was all he said.

"Okay? Okay?! What in the world does that mean?!"

"Exactly what it means okay. Okay I hear you..."

"But..."

"But I'm not done."

Minzy wanted to pull her hair and scream out of frustration, "WHY?!"

GD took her by the shoulders to face her to him as he looked her deep into the eyes. His bold moves stopped her in in her tracks, "Because.." With one swift move his lips were pressed against hers. The kiss was deep and strong as she sat frozen in place from shock at the sudden sensation. He then lightened the pressure against her lips as he whispered softly against her lips, "I would be a fool to let you slip right out of my grasp ever again."

She pulled away from his grasp not believing his words, "You're a fool to think I could ever trust you." He chuckled and shook his head causing her to give him a stern look, "What is so funny? Are you mocking my words? I'm serious!" He shook his head and tried to keep a straight face, but failed as he chuckled again.

"Sorry I just...I just can't help it," his chuckle turned into a laugh. "I apologize for my rudeness, but you haven't figured it out yet have you?"

Minzy sat confused about what he was saying that had him laughing. There was nothing funny about their conversation, so why was he laughing. "Tell me what I haven't figured out yet so that I may understand what is so funny."

GD stood to his feet and reached out his hand to her, "Let me show you."

Minzy gazed up at the man standing before her. Did she really want to know what was so funny? His intense stare made her nervous as to where he would take her. Placing her hand in his, she was easily lifted to her feet and guided towards the door.

 

Author's Notes:

Filler chapters are a killer to write for me, but they're needed. Thanks for reading and awesome comments they make my day!