Chapter Fifteen

By His Side

Minzy stood in place as she watched the carriage along with it's loud gallop fade into the night. She didn't notice that she was standing in the middle of the street until loud whisperings pulled her out of her trance. She looked around to see villagers crowding around her. She pulled her hood over her face and began to walk in the opposite direction.

"My queen," various villagers called after her. But she paused and rose her hand to quiet them as she continued onward.

Minzy quietly listened to the rustling of the rocks that were being kicked underneath as she was walking along the dirt road. Out of all the options that had played through her mind, never had she imagined her in this predicament. Walking aimlessly in the dark night with only the moonlight lighting the vague road, she continued to replay the events that had led up unto this moment.

The ground soon started to shake a little making Minzy somewhat worried. She quickly went for the woods. Quickening her pace as she manuvered through the various trees crowding around her. When she was sure that she had made it a far enough distance, she slowed her pace into a stroll.

Minzy didn't understand why she was so scared, but she followed her instinct and continued to walk on. The quiet humming of the woods led her to an open field. She paused and inhaled the fresh breeze that brushed up against her. Never had she roamed nature like this before. It was a liberating experience as she journied out into the field.

Minzy didn't mind one bit that she had been walking for miles and miles in the never ending field of tall grass around her. Until she stumbled into a small hole causing her to fall onto her hands and knees. She tried to push herself up when pain jolted throughout her body as she tried to stand on her right foot.

"Ahhh," Minzy hissed as she sat in place. Sitting allowed her body to forcefully tell Minzy that it had had enough. As much as she tried to fight it, exhaustion took over. She sighed as she nestled her head onto her forearm giving in. She figured that she needed a little shut eye just to regain a little strength to deal with the pain throbbing in her right ankle.

 

Minzy nestled her head into the soft pillow as she pulled the covers closer to her body. She felt warm and so right lying in the bed. "Be...bed," she mumbled as she tried to shake the sleep off. She forced her eyes to slowly peek open and tried to focus her blurred vision to see where she was at. Rubbing at her eyes she looked around to see that indeed she was in a bed and in an unfamiliar room. She gasped in shock, though her body felt heavy she pushed herself up and off of the bed. "Ahh..." she yelped at the pain that came from putting weight onto her right foot. She stumbled back onto the bed and reached for her foot to see it was swollen.

"Are you okay," a little girl came charging in the room.

Minzy looked up a little confused as the girl came up to her and touched her ankle making her wince in pain, "Ouch!"

The little girl pouted as she patted the pillow behind Minzy, "You need to lay back down and rest. I'm gonna go get my mommy and tell her you're awake okay?"

Minzy smiled as the little girl had her hands on either sides of her hips acting like a mother, "Umm...okay?" The little girl smiled back and ran out the room. She sighed as she did what the little girl instructed her to do, trying her best to gently lie her foot back on the bed to prevent any shock of pain.

"You're awake," a familiar voice chimed. Minzy's head shot up to see it was CL. CL noticed the confusion on her face as she walked up and took a seat next to her, "Are you okay?"

"I..." she didn't know what to say. "How did I get here?"

"Oh Top found you out in our field as he was taking our farm animals for an early morning walk. I was shocked as he burst through the doors with you in his arms." CL paused as she brushed the stray hairs away from Minzy's face, "You must have been really exhausted seeing as you didn't wake, only wincing in pain from us trying to lie you in the bed."

Minzy looked down embarrassed at the apparent mess she must look, "I apologize."

"No, no don't be. I'm just grateful that Top found you instead of anyone else." There was a silence between the two before CL quietly whispered, "My queen..."

Minzy bit her lower lip that had started to quiver in the silence. She felt her body trembling and figured that CL noticed as she wrapped her arms around her. Minzy's eyes began to water, but she tried to fight them back.

CL gave her a light squeeze, "It's okay. Let it out."

That was all Minzy needed to hear as she let out a gasp followed by a water fall of tears. She shaked and sobbed as CL held her tightly in her arms. This notion made Minzy cry harder. Never had she felt so safe to cry and she was going to take advantage of it.

 

Top and CL stood by Minzy, "My queen are you okay," Top asked.

Minzy reached up and took hold of his hand giving him a grateful smile, "Yes I am and I'm indebted to both of you for this."

"My queen we are the ones that are indebted to you for stumbling into our humble home. I'm sorry it's not as beautiful or comfortable as the palace," CL grinned.

Minzy shook her head as she looked around. Whether the two knew it or not, Minzy felt like their little house was more beautiful and better than comfortable, safer than the palace, "No please don't say that CL, I love your lovely home. You've done such a great job."

"Thank you my queen. But...but I must ask..." Top began before CL roughly nudged him in the gut giving him a glare to stop him.

"It's okay," Minzy spoke up and watched as Top gave her a an apologetic smile. "Top?"

"Yes?"

"Did anyone see you bring me in here?"

He shook his head, "No, even if anyone did. I made sure to cover you up with the cloak you were wearing."

Minzy gave him a half smile, "Good, because I have a favor to ask the both of you."

 

Author's Notes:

Not too much action in this chapter. But I figured it was time for a cool down chapter yeah? haha, thank you all for reading and all your lovely comments! <3