Chapter Sixteen

By His Side

"What is it that you need us to do," CL asked as she stepped closer.

"I need you both," Minzy said looking back and forth at the couple to make sure they were paying very close attention. "I need you both to promise me that you won't tell anyone that I am here."

"Of course my lady," Top spoke up.

"And if this is too much to ask, could you both allow me to hide out here," Minzy asked with pleading eyes.

CL took a seat next to Minzy on the bed taking her hand in hers, "My queen you don't have to ask us. We are your humble servants."

Minzy shook her head, "No, I'm no longer the queen." She cringed as those words escaped .

"No you are the queen no matter what and will be treated as such," Top interjected.

"Please just treat me as a friend. Call me Minzy for now my life depends on your secrecy."

"What do you mean by that," Top asked.

"Well...due to some unfortunate events the king has decided to dethrone me," Minzy answered.

"Dethrone you?! He can't do that," CL asked in shock.

Top agreed, "My queen that's utterly impossible. Your blood is more royal and of higher worth than his. If anything, you could remove him off of the throne."

"That's true," CL smiled up at her smart husband.

Minzy shook her head, "But still, I can't let my people see me like this. I'm broken...I'm weak right now. I...I need time to heal..." Her voice trailed off feeling the tears coming.

"It's okay we understand. We trust your judgement as a queen and a friend," CL cooed as she took Minzy into an embrace.

"Yes my queen, take all the time you need. Our home is your home," Top smiled down at her as he opened his arms as if show casing his home.

Minzy chuckled as she nodded, "Thank you both."

 

Minzy was grateful that CL and Top had left her alone it rest more. She let out a long sigh as she starred out at the dark room. As she lay still she heard feet shuffling outside of the room. She heard a couple of giggles that were soon turned into muffled giggles. Turning to face the door, she could see a couple of shadows from the lighting coming from the bottom of her door.

A soft knock came at the door, Minzy cleared her dry throat, "Come in."

The door flew open as she three children came stumbling into the room as if fighting to see who would be the first to enter, "Calm down, calm down you all get to see her.

Minzy couldn't help but smile as what looked like two twin boys shooving their sister who had pushed her way in front of them. "Hi," the little girl from earlier squeaked.

Before Minzy could answer back, the boys quickly pushed their way in front of their sister and smiled, "HI!!!"

Minzy laughed at the identical twins, they even sounded alike, "Well hello."

CL stepped forward and smiled at Minzy, "I want to introduce you to my children. I tried to keep them away from you as much as possible so that you could get your rest. But they were far too anxious."

"Yeah because she said that she was pretty," one of the little boys said first pointing to his sister then to Minzy.

"And what do you think," Minzy asked.

The other little boy walked over to Minzy and smiled as he cupped her face with his small hands, "I think you're beautiful." After which he bent over and planted a kiss onto Minzy's cheek.

"Hey she's my queen," the other boy spoke up pushing his brother out of the way and planting a kiss onto Minzy's other cheek.

Minzy giggled feeling so touched that these little boys before her were such flirts at such a young age. "I'm sorry my queen," CL apologized as she pulled her sons away. "They take after their father."

"It's okay. They're really cute," Minzy smiled to the both of them.

The boy who had cupped her face widened his eyes and turned to his mom, "Mom she thinks I'm cute! I think she likes me!"

CL chuckled as she patted his head, "Calm down so I can introduce you guys okay?" He nodded and quickly turned around with a big smile plastered onto his face, "My queen..."

"Minzy," Minzy cut in.

She nodded, "Minzy these little rascals are my twins. This here is Don and your lover boy here is Deuk." CL placed a hand on each boy's shoulder in the process.

"Hello nice to meet you both. But I don't know how I'm going to tell you two apart," Minzy smiled to the pair.

"I'm cuter than him," Don said pointing to his brother.

 Deuk pushed his brother's hand away, "Whatever she likes me better than you. She said I was cute."

"She said we were both cute!"

"Boys, boys please stop! Six year olds," CL said pulling them apart.

Minzy was entertained as she watched to two brothers go at it, before the little girl walked forward. She curtsied as she smiled at her, "I'm Bom, the oldest and I'm eight years old."

"Bom? What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl," Minzy smiled at her.

Bom blushed as she shyly swung side to side, "Thank you."

"You're going to get to know this girl the most," CL said as she placed her hand onto her daughter's shoulder. Minzy watched as CL started to mouth something, "She thinks she's the mom in the house."

Minzy giggled making Bom look back to her mom, "What did you say?"

"Huh? Me? Nothing," CL lied.

Bom shook her head as she walked over to the bed and took a seat next to Minzy. She took her hand in hers and smiled, "I'm going to help you get better okay? If you need anything I'll be here to help you."

Minzy loved this little girl already and could see just what CL meant, "Thank you sweetie."

"Now let's go get dinner and bring it in here. Who wants to help me," CL asked.

All of them jumped up with their hands high in the air, "ME! ME! ME!"

"Wow, we have a guest over and now everyone wants to help mom? We should have guests more often. Let's go," CL said as she watched her chilren race out the door.

Minzy laughed at the chilren's eagerness as they rushed in with different plates in hand. "Don and Deuk you better not drop anything," CL called after them before entering with the remaining items.

They all sat around Minzy placing their plates along with Minzy's on the bed. "Wow this looks good," Minzy smiled at the delicious stew in front of her.

"I helped my mommy make it," Bom said as she handed a spoon to Minzy.

"Our mom makes the best food," both of the twins said as they picked up their spoons.

"Wait! Dad should be here any second," CL said before the boys could taste a drop. "We always..."

"Eat as a family," they all said in unison.

"Good," CL smiled at her obedient children.

Just then they heard the door open and close making all of the children rise to their feet and bolt for the door, "DAD," they all squeaked pushing out the door.

Top laughed as he had walked in with Bom clinging onto his neck with his sons on either one of his legs. "Hey sweetie," Top said as he bent down and kissed CL on the lips.

"Hey babe, we're going to eat in here tonight."

"Okay, let me get a chair," Top said prying his children off of him before getting a chair to sit next to his wife.

Minzy smiled as she was about to eat when Bom reached for her hand, "Wait a minute we need to say a prayer." Minzy gave her an apologetic smile as she lowered her spoon.

"Can I say it," Deuk said.

Top and CL nodded as everyone bowed their heads, closed their eyes, and folded their arms. Minzy looked around and copied every move.

"Dear Lord thank you for this food and please bless it. Thank you also for my new girlfriend," this caused a couple of soft chuckles but he continued. "Please bless her that she can stay beautiful and get better. Amen."

"Amen," everyone said in unison with Minzy saying the same thing a few seconds later.

"So she's your girlfriend," Top said breaking the silence after eating for a little bit in silence.

Deuk gave his dad a big smile as he took another spoonful of stew to his mouth, "Ummhmm..."

"Yeah he pecked her right on the cheek too," CL said raising an eyebrow at her son and then shaking her head.

"That's my boy," Top chuckled as he reached over and ruffled his hair.

"Top," CL said as she nudged him.

Minzy laughed as she looked around the room at the lovely family surrounding her. Never had she had a dinner such as this. It was simple and nothing fancy, but it was one of the best dinner's she had had in her life. She smiled as she looked around. She couldn't help to feel that this was what a real family felt like.

 

"Please let me sleep in one of their rooms," Minzy smiled at the couple.

"No it's fine. I want to cuddle up nice and close with her," Top said as she pulled CL up against his chest.

"Stop," CL giggled as she pushed away from him. She looked back at Minzy and smiled, "No really it's fine. We'll just use Bom's room."

"My room?! Why my room," Bom whined.

"Because you have the next biggest bed sweet cakes," CL answered.

"But...but I don't wanna sleep in their disgusting room," Bom continued to whine this time stomping her foot on the ground.

"Daddy will get you something from town," Top spoke up.

Bom folded her arms as if debating whether or not that was good enough bait, "What will you get me from town?"

"It's a secret, but it will be something good," he said hinting to her that it was an offer worth taking.

Bom sighed as she threw her hands up in the air, "Fine! Fine!"

"Thank you Bom," Minzy smiled at the young girl.

Bom jumped up onto the bed next to Minzy and smiled, "It's okay." She turned to her parents and smiled, "Mom, dad I think she's tired. Everyone should probably leave so she can get some rest."

"And what about you," Don said srunching his nose up at her.

"Me," Bom asked as she pointed to herself. The boy nodded as she coughed a laugh, "Don't be silly. I need to stay here and take care of her until she falls asleep." She hopped onto her feet and began to push everyone out of the room with all the empty dishes along with them. "Out, out! All of you." She sighed as she closed the door, "Good."

Minzy laughed as Bom took her seat next to her once again, "Thank you. You are too kind."

Bom began to swing her dangling feet back and forth as she cocked her head to one side, "No problem." She paused as she turned to be face to face with Minzy. "My queen..."

"Minzy," Minzy smiled at the little girl.

"Minzy sorry, queen is what mommy and daddy always say. Well I have a question for you."

"And what might that be?"

"What's it like being a queen? My dad calls me his little princess, but you. You are a real queen which is better than a princess."

Minzy sat quietly thinking about the question she was asked. She felt a small hand lightly being placed onto her hand and she smiled at her, "Well Bom it's a hard job. You have a lot of things to do when you're a queen."

"How hard can it be? All you have to do is live happily ever after with your king," Bom sighed as she clasped her hands together starring out into space as she imagined it all.

Minzy chuckled, "Bom you are too funny."

 

Minzy and CL were chatting amongst each other while the children played when they heard the door open and close. "He's back from town," CL smiled at Minzy as they both looked at the door.

Within seconds Top was at the door with Bom on his neck and the twins on his legs. Minzy figured this was a daily routine for him and the children. "What did you bring me daddy," Bom asked as he put her down.

"Close your eyes," Top said before walking out the room with his sons still attached onto his legs. Bom squealed as she closed her eyes tight when Top reappeared with a hand behind his back. "Are your eyes closed?"

"Yes!"

"Okay now open them," Top said as he pulled a small doll from behind him and held it in front of her face.

"I love it," Bom shrieked as she yanked the doll and pulled into a tight embrace.

"Hey..."

"What do we get," the boys pouted with their arms crossed.

Top reached into his pocket and pulled out two little toys and handed on to each. All of them shouted for joy as they ran out the room playing with their new possessions.

"How was town," CL finally asked.

"It was hectic," Top sighed as he scratched his head.

"What do you mean," CL asked before Minzy could.

"Word about what happened the other night between the king and umm...the queen here spread like wild fire. Everyone is talking about it."

"What are they saying," Minzy asked somewhat nervous to hear what would come next.

"Let's just say that everyone isn't too fond of the king especially of his mistress," Top said making Minzy give an involuntary flinch. "There's a search going on for you right now."

"Who is leading it," Minzy asked.

"I think they said it was the trusted guard...what was his name," Top said to himself trying to remember.

"Seungri?"

Top snapped his fingers as he pointed to Minzy, "That's it, Seungri! Seungri has an army looking for you."

"An army?"

"Yeah an army, along with a lot of the kingdom. My queen everyone is worried sick over you," Top said.

"And what about the king? What is he...saying about all this," Minzy asked.

Top grew quiet not sure if he should say until Minzy gave him a look that she needed to know, "Words out that he tried to dethrone you this morning and pronounce Dara as the queen." Minzy nodded in understanding letting him continue. "But don't you worry my queen the people are on your side."

"Thank you, at least I know that my people are on my side," Minzy sighed as she wondered how things were at the palace.

 

Author's Notes:

Oops got a little long winded there haha. I'm just super motivated for some odd reason to write one more chapter for you all. I don't know why, but I just felt like sneaking the kwon twins in hehe. Hope you enjoyed it! <3