Chapter Ten

By His Side

Minzy laid against Seungri panting as beads of sweat started to trickle down her face, "It hurts!"

Seungri tried his best to calm her down as he watched to doctor and the maid prep Minzy, "It's okay."

She coughed a laugh through in between a yelp of pain, "Don't say that to me." Minzy hated that phrase, it was spoken by someone she was growing to really hate.

"Okay we're ready. Now Minzy I'm going to need you to push," the doctor instructed.

She was already tried from the pain and didn't think she had the strength to give birth at that moment, "Please doctor give me a little more time."

He shook his head as he opened her legs, "You need to push now!"

Minzy bit her lower lip as she began to shake, "I can't. I'm too tired."

"My queen please, just listen to the doctor," Seungri whispered.

"Please my lady you need to do it now or your health with be at risk," the doctor said. "Now push!"

She screamed as she gave in and followed his order. Minzy pushed and pushed like there was no tomorrow, "AAAHHHH!"

"Good the baby's coming, keep pushing," the doctor said.

Tears were spilling over at the excruciating pain from each push that she began to tremble. Seungri held her tightly against him trying to steady her, "You can do it. Keep pushing!"

"AAAHHHHH," Minzy shouted from the top of her lungs as her head flung back.

"Almost there," the doctor early said. "Give me one more big push!"

With what strength she had left in her, she gripped tightly onto Seungri and pushed as hard as she could. She let out a gasp when she felt the baby leave her body. She was heaving as she tried to catch her breath and realized that was silent. "Wha...what's wrong?" The doctor shot Seungri a glance not sure if he should say. Everyone stayed silent not wanting to say a word as she frantically looked around the room seeing everyone dodging her glances, "Doctor bring me my baby. I want to see him."

Seungri wrapped his arms tightly around Minzy when the doctor shook his head at her, "Ssshhh..."

Minzy was furious that the doctor wouldn't let her see him. She gave birth to him for goodness sake, "Let me see my child!"

"Can you please leave us," Seungri asked motioning for the doctor and maid to take the lifeless baby away.

"NO! Give him to me," Minzy demanded as she tried to push out of his strong grasp.

"Minzy stop," Seungri said as he held her tightly.

Her strength was now gone as she wept in his arms, "Why did they take him away from me?"

"He's gone," he spoke softly.

"Where? Where did they take him," she cried.

He felt the tears starting to form at his eyes as he gently began to rock her, "Your son is in a better place now."

She began to sob harder as the truth started to sink in, "Why? Why did he have to leave me?"

 

Minzy lay in her bloodied sheets not letting them change them. She couldn't explain why, but she wanted to lie there on them. She cried and cried as she let the cold truth sink in. The cold dark feelings began to creep into her heart as she wrapped herself in the sheets. She was uncertain how to pick up the shattered pieces of her heart. Her baby was the last strand of hope she had and now it was gone. Pain wouldn't begin to describe what she was feeling. But one thing was for sure, she hated GD.

 

Minzy laid in her bed as she pulled the covers over her head not liking the warmth of the sun against her face. She let out a soft groan wondering how the sun could be so bright and warm in the morning. Morning, the word that Minzy didn't seem to grasp just yet. It was the day of her sons burial and she knew she had to find the strength to rise out of bed. With a little discomforting pain, Minzy pushed herself off of her bed. She sighed as she opened her closet and looked at her wardrobe letting her fingers brush against her various outfits until it landed on the one she never thought she would be wearing, well not this soon anyways.

She lifted the black dress and took out the black veil that accompanied it and laid them out on her bed. With little to no emotion she put on the dress and then started to apply makeup. Though she knew it was pointless to do such a thing, it was to put on a show for her kingdom to see that she was still a strong woman. When she felt like she applied enough makeup to make her look somewhat alive she placed the veil over her head and starred at the mirror.

She thought of how odd it was, that she was so young, yet she was going to a funeral. A funeral for her son. She felt her chest tighten knowing that this was all backwards. She wasn't supposed to be burrying her son, it was supposed to be the other way around. He was to give her grandchildren and rule the kingdom until she was the one to pass away into a peaceful death.

"My lady," a knock came at the door interupting her thoughts. "My lady are you ready?"

"Almost," she said as she slipped on her shoes. 

"The king would like to you," the maid said as she entered the room.

"That will not be happening, tell me to go without me. I can myself," she said without looking away from her image in the mirror.

"But my lady..."

"Enough! Don't make me repeat myself!"

The woman nodded as she left. Minzy took in a couple of deep breaths before she headed out to the hall. She didn't even glance over towards the king as she walked passed him and down the hall. There was a hushed silence that went over the crowd as she descended from the stairs. Seungri extended his hand out to her, but she passed right by and kept walking. Everyone she passed gave her a deep bow of respect and she hated it. She knew it was their way of paying their respects, but she didn't want it.

Minzy came to the part of the kingdom she thought she wouldn't have to visit for a while and nodded to the guards to open the gates. They quickly moved the gates open letting her pass along with the crowd that followed behind. She bit her lower lip as she saw the burial site and stopped when she was in front of it. Minzy looked down at the small hole and could see how dark and empty it was.

She looked up to the sound of foot steps coming from behind her to see GD holding the small casket in his arms. She sunk her teeth deeper into her lip as she watched him lower the casket into the hole. When she heard the loud thunk she fell to her knees as she looked down at the casket letting her tears fall onto it.

"Minzy," GD tried to say but she pushed him away as she sat hovering over the hole.

She gripped onto the grass as she sobbed watching the men pour dirt into the hole. With each scoop she cried harder as her heart was buried deep into the cold ground.

 

Author's Notes:

I'm listening to Katy Perry- Wide Awake, which by the way I like the mv, and this fic popped in my head. So I thought, meh why not write another one. Hope you enjoyed it, even though it's a bit sad. thanks for reading! <3