Chapter Seven

By His Side

The aching pain continued to increase everyday to the point where Minzy could no longer rise out of bed.

"Ahh..." Minzy groaned in pain. Seungri brought in a maid to help attend to her needs, but Minzy refused any help. "It hurts..." she whimpered at the pain sharpening in her spine.

"My lady let me help you," the maid tried to say dabbing at the sweat forming at Minzy's forehead.

"DON'T TOUCH ME..." she growled as she gripped onto her bed.

The maid grew worried and rushed to grab Seungri. "What's the matter my lady?"

"It...hurts..." she breathed as he held her against him. She bit on her lower lip as the sharp pain increased, "AHHH!"

"What's wrong," the king frantically said as he burst through the doors.

"She's in a lot of pain my Lord," Seungri looked over at him.

In an instant GD was at her side, "Minzy? Minzy look at me."

Her eyes were closed shut as she tried to stop the tears from spilling over, "AHHH!"

GD pushed Seungri out of the way as he propped her up against him before looking over to Seungri, "Get me a cloth and a bowl full of cool water."

"Yes sir," Seungri said as he rushed out.

Minzy squeezed GD's hand tight as she was fighting the pain that was rippling throughout her body, "AAAAHHHHH!"

"Sssshhh...it's okay Minzy I'm here. It's okay," GD whispered against her ear as he tried to comfort her.

"IT HURTS," she shouted.

GD held her tightly as he rocked her in his arms, "It's okay...ssshhh...it's okay."

The tears fell as the pain continued to shock and weaken her body, "GD make it stop!"

"Ssshhh...relax I'm here. I'm here to make it go away."

Seungri soon appeared with the contents GD asked for, "Here you are sir!"

The king gave him a nod as he dipped the cloth into the water and began to dab at Minzy's forehead, "Ssshhh...it's okay. I'm here."

Though the pain was still there, she soon grew to tolerate it. Just like GD commanded her, she began to relax onto GD as he continued to brush the cool cloth over her face and on her neck. He continued to say words of comfort that rang through Minzy's ears as a sweet lullaby.

Seeing that her cries soon became soft sniffles GD gave her one last squeeze as he gently laid her back onto the bed, "You're okay."

She nodded as she gave him a grateful smile, "Thank you."

"You're welcome, now get some rest," he whispered as he pulled the covers over her.

She sighed as she tried her best to do just that, taking comfort in his words that it would be okay.

 

Minzy slowly came too as she felt someone lightly dabbing at her forehead with a cloth. It was comforting and she couldn't help the smile that formed at her lips at the sensation. Could the king have come back to check on her? Her eyes slowly fluttered open to see Seungri smiling down at her.

"How are you feeling?"

She sighed knowing it was too good to be true if it was GD, "I'm better thank you." Minzy tried to push herself up, but Seungri had to cut in and be the support to hold her up.

"My lady you need your rest."

"I know, I just want to know where GD is. I want to thank him for earlier." Seungri didn't say a word, and that silence told her everything she needed to know. "But he's not here is he?"

"My queen please, get some rest," he said avoiding the obvious answer.

She looked up at Seungri and gave him a weak grin, "I must look really pathetic right now huh?"

Seungri gave her a light squeeze as he began to lightly rock her from side to side, "You're far from that. Now get some rest please."

Minzy chuckled to herself as she felt sleep creeping up on her, "Okay, just this once I'm going to listen to you."

He chuckled at her stubborness as he watched her fall back into slumber once more.

 

"My queen please wake up," a voice said calling Minzy out of her deep slumber.

"Huh?"

"Come on, you need to eat something and then you can go right back to sleep," the familiar voice spoke.

Minzy shook her head, trying to block out the sun light, "Nooo...I'm tired."

Seungri chuckled as he lightly shook her, "My lady I'm not going to leave you alone until you wake up and eat something."

She pouted as she slowly opened her eyes, "Fffiiinnneee..." Minzy yond as Seungri came around and sat her up against him for support.

"Here eat this," he said as he took a spoon full of porridge and guided to towards her mouth.

Minzy pulled the spoon out of his hands and put it in , "What do I look like to you? A little kid or something?"

He laughed as he pulled the spoon away and scooped another spoonful, "No I'm just helping out you."

She coughed a laugh as she pulled the spoon from his grasp once again, "Well I don't need you to feed me. Are you trying to take away my pride?"

He shook his head as he grinned, "No my lady just following orders."

Minzy paused before she could scoop more porridge when she heard him say that, "Then let the maid do this. She can help me with these little petty things."

"No I want to."

As painful as it was to shift away from him she did, "Please, there are more important things you should take care of besides waiting on me."

Seungri sighed at her stubborness, "My queen please..."

"Please Seungri, if you want to help me take care of the kingdom."

He nodded as he rose and left her to herself. 

Minzy bit her lower lip as she easied herself to lay back down. When she finally found the support of the bed she let out a gasp at the pain that rippled through her body. Starring up at the ceiling she stayed still avoiding any pain from the slightest movement.

"My son I'm in so much pain. Can you please give mommy a little break," she sighed letting a stray tear fall. She lightly began to rub her stomach as she thought of GD telling her it would be okay, "Please son don't be like your father, he causes me enough pain. I only have you to depend on to bring me happiness in the near future."

 

Author's Notes:

Oh yeah, oh yeah I was able to write another chapter. Yay! Wow I'm so shocked to see how many views and subscribers I have for this fic...<3 <3 <3 THANK YOU!!! Thanks to majorVIP's comment on another one of my fics it motivated me to write another chapter! I hope you all liked it.