Chapter Forty-three

By His Side

GD pulled her body against his, making Minzy wrap her arms around his neck to hold onto. His kiss was deep and slow as he devoured her lips. Shivering as she felt his hands traveling the length of her small body, she gasped as she was easily lifted. Straddling his hips as their kiss turned needy, GD broke away first as he tossed her onto the bed letting her body bounce. They both chuckled as he climbed on top of her and continued to attack her lips. GD took the iniative to move it a notch up as his hands slowly began to push her dress up. As her dress was raised to her hips flash backs of insecurity invaded her mind. 

Stopping his hands, she shook her head as she pushed him away, "I can't do this. I can't..." Adjusting her dress she rose to her feet to leave. She couldn't believe herself for being so stupid to fall for his words.

"Where are you going," GD asked as he quickly slipped past her to block the door.

"Move please, I can't do this."

"Why?! Listen..." He reached out to her to be rejected as she moved away.

Shaking her head she gazed at him hoping he's understand, "Please don't."

"Just like you can't, I can't let you walk out without telling me why? Why Minzy?!"

"Don't you understand what this place is to me?! You bringing me here reminds me of my faults and wounds that have yet to heal in my pride and especially in my heart. This place is why I can't trust you or myself. When I did that vicious act, I wasn't in the right mind set. That wasn't me. A queen doesn't stoop that low."

"Minzy we all make mistakes..."

"Yes exactly what I did to you was a mistake. I apologize, but I won't make that mistake again. I won't be her replacement. I won't let myself wonder anymore if you still miss or want her because it was never my place to do that in the first place." Her words were cold and hard to his ears that he didn't know what to say. "Though you may feel obligated or responsible to open up to me I can promise you that you have no need to do so. I don't want to be your burden any more."

"Of course I feel obligated to you, but there is something deeper that binds us together."

"What beside the kingdom do we have that binds us together?! There's nothing," she growled as she tried to push past him.

"Minzy stop," he took her by the shoulders to steady her. "Look I apologize. This place also holds memories for me as well. That night when I took Dara back to the kingdom instead of you I knew it was wrong. I felt it," he hit his chest with his fist. "It killed me to leave you there, but I thought you would still be there if I sent Seungri to get you. But no, you vanished out of my life. That night I went out to look for you and losing you helped me see what I lost. Forget the fact that I was the most despised king no matter how hard I tried, it was never enough for the people to look past the fact that you were gone."

"Well I apologize for the inconvience it caused you and Dara.! But I wasn't going to let you choose how I was going to live my life! I was tired of waiting for you to keep those empty promises and not to mention the fact that you humiliated me in front of our people!"

"Why do we always have to fight to see who has it worse," he snapped.

"That's a great question," she shrugged her shoulders. "Isn't that the only way we've ever truly communicated?! Let's just add that onto the ongoing list of why I don't belong by your side. Maybe I should dedicate my life to finding Dara for you so that you can let me to and we can both be happy."

"Will that truly make you happy if I'm with Dara," he challenged her.

"Who knows, but I won't stick around long enough to see it happen," she glared at him before making her way out of the small cottage.

Luckily it was dark out as she made her way down the dirt path. She coughed a laugh at how pathetic it as that she was repeating the past. She was thankful that the king didn't follow her. She was going to make a run for it this time, she was so sure of it.

Seeing the familiar farm, she grinned as she made her way to it. Everything was working her way as she made her way into the empty home. Entering the house, she made her way to her room and began to pack various items for herself. Though it was heart breaking that she had to leave so suddenly without her son, she convinced herself that it was only for a short while. 

Changing into something more comfortble, she took one last lingering look at her son's clothing before making her way it of the room. Heading to he kitchen to find something to write on, she quickly made her way to the front to find GD sitting there.  

"What," she spoke annoyed that he was ruining her escape.

"I just have one question for you. If you answer it honestly you are free from me forever. I won't chase you any more."

She stood torn as to what to say. Even if she didn't want to answer whatever question he had in mind, it was only one question. What harm could it cause when it would ultimately give her her freedom, "What is it?"

"I remember preparing to meet the man of your life. I thought of many things I would say to him." He paused and chuckled, "I even thought of the horrible things I was going to do to him for stealing you away so effotrtlessly. But then..." He paused as the memory came to his mind. "A young child was placed into your arms and I didn't know how to react. I wasn't prepared at all to see the man was a young boy in your arms. As I saw his face I felt something. It was like I was drawn to him. Then he looked me in the eyes for a mere second and I felt a connection..."

"And what might that connection be," she asked fearfully.

GD locked his eyes with hers as he asked his one question, "Is he my son?"

Minzy felt as if the wind was knocked out of her as she held her stomach, "How...what are you asking?"

"Minzy is Daesung my son," he repeat his question with determination.

She was at loss for words. How could he have possibly known? There was no way a simple connection could make him come to such a conclusion.

"When I left this farm that night that feeling still ate at me. As I thought about it, the child looked about the right age for when had made love. Things started to add up when you didn't leave with Dongwook and how protective CL was of you around me..."

"Maybe your calculations are off," she cut off his train of thought. 

"Then answer me, is he my son?"

"Even if he were your son do you think you're deserving to be called his father after all that we've suffered from hiding from you," tears started to well up in her eyes. "He's my son and that's all that matters!"

"Is that really fair to your son to grow up without a father in his life?"

"I don't want my son to grow up to make the same choices as his father. I want my son to be stronger than his father!"

"So teaching him to run away from his problems and not facing them is any better?!"

"Don't turn this on me..."

"What? If that's what you want to teach our son to ahead and leave," he rose to his feet and opened the door. 

"Are you serious right now," she coughed a laugh. "That's not fair! After you've left me many times you think that you can so easily say that to me?!"

"I've kept you from running, now I'm letting you do as promised. So here is your ticket out," he shrugged indifferent to her disbelief look on her face.

She didn't know whether or not to believe him as she walked to wards the door, "My son and I will make sure to never appear again."

"My son isn't going anywhere, but if you choose to leave that is up to you," he looked at her sternly.

Minzy scoffed knowing he would pull something like this, "It is so like you to take everything I love away from me."

"No one is taking anything away from you. You're the one walking away from it all."

"Just stop! I don't want to hear it. I'm not the same person you think I am to let you take everything away from me."

"What are you going to do then? After all I am a selfish man," he smirked. 

"Don't give me that look. I as well will have it my way," she said as she crossed her arms and eyes him.

He chuckled darkly as he made his way to her. Knowing just how stubborn she was he placed his hands on her hips and smirked, "How would you have me?"

She rolled her eyes and brushed his hands away, "Do you find joy in teasing me when I try to be serious with you?"

"No," he shook his head and placed his hands back onto her hips and brought her close to him "But I can't help it, it's quite y to see the want you have for me in your eyes." 

"Want? I think you're mistaken," she shook her head and stood her ground. 

"No I'm not my lovely stubborn queen and mother of my child." This is why you could never leave. Our bond is deeper than just the kingdom. Our son is the connection and the love we have for each other only makes it stronger."

"Love? Is that what you think we have? I would consider it more lust," she emphasized the last word.

GD suddenly smashed his lips against hers. Kissing her roughly and deeply as if his life depended on it. He then softened the kiss and left a slow sensual kiss before he released her, "Lust is only a bonus to our relationship."

Minzy fell to her knees confused and lost. She had lost all resolve in what to do any more. She sobbed in her hands as she fought the battle within her heart and mind. She was enveloped in GD's arms and held tightly. His strength was felt in his touch and heard through his strong beating heart as she was held against his chest. His breath against her ear made her shiver involuntarily.

"Minzy I love you and only you. Though I can't deny the fact that I once loved someone else, it doesn't make what we have any less. Let your insecure heart hear and believe in my words. I love you and I love you even more for giving me a son. Our son that deserves both of his parents. So please don't leave me, you and Daesung are all that I have." Minzy cried harder as she clung onto him for dear life. It was as if he was bewitching her heart and mind to align. As he chanted the words she had longed to hear for so long. "I love you and only you...Minzy I love you and only you..."