Chapter Fourteen

By His Side

Minzy walked into the palace feeling exhausted. She had not slept all night, even though she felt tempted to lying in GD's arms. But she wouldn't allow herself to enjoy it.

"My queen where have you been," the maid rushed to her as she entered the room.

"Out," Minzy yond as she jumped into bed.

The maid sighed as she helped the queen into bed, "What would you like me to tell the king?"

"Like he really cares," Minzy mumbled as she pulled the covers up. "If he asks I'm not feeling well. Now please leave so I can rest."

"Yes my lady," the maid bowed as she exited quietly.

Minzy snuggled up against her pillow and smiled to herself. She was going to get all the sleep she could for that night.

 

Minzy sighed as she stood starring at herself in the mirror. Tilting her head to the left, she watched as her so called reflection did the same. Day by day, she had began to lose herself. Who was this so called queen Minzy standing in front of her? But this was the price you paid being royalty. Your life wasn't really yours to begin with. There are expectations and standards you have to live by. Your life was lived for your people that you never knew personally. "Just stick this night out and we'll the rest out," she encouraged her reflection starring back at her. "Remember who you are," she continued to stare deep into the eyes of her reflection.  A tap came at the door and she turned to see who the intruder was, "Come in."

"He's gone," Seungri said as he walked in.

She nodded in understanding as she pulled the hood up and over her face, "Good, now let us go." Minzy tried to push past him when he grabbed her by the wrist, "What?"

"My queen what are you doing," Seungri asked with concern in his eyes.

She sighed as she placed a hand to his cheek, "I need to do this."

"But..."

"Seungri please, just let me," she gave him one last smile as she walked out.

Seungri followed close behind and helped Minzy into the carriage before he drove the carriage out. Minzy starred out at the moon as she began to whisper a prayer. She had various of options of how the night was going to play out, but none of them came to a good conclusion. Taking deep breaths she watched as the carriage started to slow down until it came to a complete stop.

Minzy looked to Seungri who had his lips pressed tightly together as if he was trying his best to not say anything as he opened her door, "Thank you." He nodded as he closed the door. "Please stay at the carriage Seungri."

"But..."

"Just do it please," Minzy spoke kindly not wanting to add more tension between the two.

Minzy rounded the corner and began to walk up to the familiar small cottage. With every step she felt as though her legs were becoming heavy as her ankles were weakening. Her body began to tremble as if telling her to turn back around and go to the palace. But she forced herself to continue to more forward. Sure enough GD's horse was on the side and she could see that there was light from the inside. Taking a deep breath, Minzy stepped up to the front door with clenched fists fighting the desire to run. She could hear a faint sob and she leaned forward to listen in.

"Dara? Dara what's going on?" There was no answers only sobs. "Dara, tell me please."

"This! Look," Dara squeaked as she continued to cry.

"I...I don't understand. Why are you showing me this night gown?"

"She...she wore it!"

"Who? Who wore it?" Minzy could hear Dara crying and figured that GD was probably holding her in his arms by now. "Please Dara, I don't understand why you're crying over a night gown."

"Get away from me," she shouted at him.

"What?"

"Leave me alone! I never should've done this. Get out! Leave!"

"I...I don't understand. What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that you've ruined my life! How could I have been so stupid to let you do this to me?"

"Dara I love you..."

"NO! NO YOU DON'T," she shouted. "If you love me then leave me alone."

"I can't and I won't," GD said making Minzy cringe a little.

"GD I hate you!"

"No you don't! Now tell me why you're yelling at me like this over some stupid night gown."

"It's not just any stupid night gown."

He let out a frustrated sigh, "Then what is it?"

"She wore it."

"Who Dara? WHO?!"

"THE QUEEN!"

"The queen? Dara you're not..."

"She tricked me! She tricked me into leaving for the night and she wore that! That night gown to decieve you," she cried.

"What are you saying then?"

"THAT YOU SLEPT WITH THE QUEEN!"

"I... WHAT?!"

"You heard me. You said you love me, but you couldn't even recognize who you were with last night."

"No, it couldn't have been."

"Get out of my house now," she cried.

"Dara please, let me make everything right," GD begged.

Minzy pulled away from the door and took a step back knowing what would come next. Just as expected the door flung open with Dara shouting at GD, "LEAVE!"

Minzy stood in place as she looked at GD with hate filled eyes. "You," GD growled as he marched outside of the cottage and in front of Minzy.

Minzy dropped her hood as she stood smirking at GD, "Hello GD."

"What the hell did you do," he barked.

"You mean what didn't we do," she winked at him as she smirked to Dara who stood crying as she held herself.

GD took both of her shoulders to shake her, "Are you crazy?!"

She pushed him off of her as she continuted to glare at him, "What do you think? You asked for this."

"I...asked for this," he coughed in disbelief.

"You both did," Minzy glared at the both of them.

"MINZY," he shouted at the top of his lungs.

"WHAT?! WHAT GD," Minzy shouted with just as much force as she pushed at his chest.

"I can't believe you," he said shaking his head.

Minzy smirked as she shrugged her shoulders, "Says the man of empty words. Now let's take this back to the palace and discuss this."

"No."

She coughed a laugh at him, "What did you say?"

"I said no. No I'm not going with you," he said stepping forward.

"Then what? Are you going to stay here with that," Minzy motioned over to Dara.

"No she's coming with me," he said turning and grabbing Dara and pulling her forward.

"And where are you taking her?"

"She's coming back to the palace. I will make her queen," he growled.

There came a couple of gasps and Minzy looked around to see various villagers who had crowded around. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me! I'm going to dethrone you and make Dara my queen," he spoke with anger.

"GD," Dara whispered scared at what he was saying.

"You can't make her queen," Minzy glared.

"My highnesses please stop this, there are people watching," Seungri spoke up as he stepped in.

"Watch me," GD spoke coldly before turning to Seungri. "Where is the carriage?"

"Right here, I brought it closer," Seungri pointed behind him.

"Good," GD said pulling Dara along with him towards the carriage.

"What are you doing," Minzy shouted after the two.

But he didn't answer as he helped Dara into the carriage before jumping in alongside her and shutting the door, "Seungri! Seungri take us to the palace."

"But my Lord," Seungri spoke.

"Are you crazy," Minzy shouted as she ran up to the carriage. "You can't do this!"

"Yes I can and I will," he glared at her before looking to Seungri. "Seungri! Hurry!"

"I..." Seungri was torn. "I can't leave the queen like this."

"Seungri I demand you to take us to the palace immediately," GD shouted.

"Go," Minzy turned to Seungri.

"What?"

"Go," Minzy repeated.

"But what about you," he asked.

She forced a smile up at him, "Please Seungri, go."

He let out a reluctant sigh before jumping up onto the carriage, "I'll be back for you."

Minzy nodded as the carriage took off. She turned her head and watched as the carriage rode off leaving her all alone.

 

 

Author's Notes:

Okay I've made up my mind on which way I'm going to take this fic. Now we'll see what will happen to Minzy. Thank you all so much for all the love I'm getting for this fic. Hope you're enjoying it! <3