Chapter Eighteen

By His Side

Minzy sighed as she sat onto the porch feeling the aching pain in her feet. "I'm hopeless."

CL laughed as she took a seat next to her, "You can head back inside if you'd like. Bom and I can pick the apples by ourselves."

"Yeah it's totally fine," Bom smiled at Minzy.

Minzy coughed a laugh at both of them, "And miss out in all the fun? No way!" Though her feet were swelling up, she didn't feel like being in the house, that would mean that she would be alone. Top had taken the boys into town with him and left the women to themselves. She didn't want to be alone. As much as her body ached for her to rest, she couldn't. The silence of loneliness would hurt even more.

 

As the three headed back with aprones full of delicious red and green apples, they heard horses approaching. They all turned to see Top and the boys waving at them as they approached in their wagon.

"Daddy," Bom shouted, nearly dropping her apples before CL caught them. Bom hurriedly dumped the apples into CL's apron as she ran towards the on coming wagon.

Meanwhile Minzy and CL took the apples in. "Wow they came back faster than I thought they would," CL said as she and Minzy began to wash the apples.

"Mommy," shouted one of the boys.

"In here sweetie," CL called as she pulled out knives for her and Minzy.

"Thank you," Minzy gladly accepted the knife as she took a seat at the table. She sighed feeling the weight finally taken off of her poor feet when a screeching Don came running in.

"Mommy," Don shouted as he ran up to her.

"What is it sweetie," CL asked as she took a seat next to Minzy.

"There's going to be a war," Don said happily.

CL chuckled as she began to peel the closest apple to her, "A war?"

Deuk quickly ran in as he began to tug on CL's arm, "Yeah mom! There's going to be a war. Everyone in town is talking about it."

"What," Minzy laughed as she more so concentrating on peeling her apple.

"Yeah! Some guy is talking all this crazy stuff about..."

"Boys that's enough," Top called as he entered the room. "Hey honey," he bent down and planted a kiss onto CL's lips.

"Hey," she smiled up at him before he took a seat next to her.

"But dad," Deuk whinned.

Top shook his head, "Nope you two go show your sister the new things you got from town."

"Oh yeah," their faces lite up as they ran out of the room.

CL laughed as she shook her head, "Those boys are so easily distracted."

"Yeah they are. So what is this war they are talking about," Minzy teased.

Top's smile faded as he sat in silence for a moment. Both CL and Minzy noticed the quietness that took over the room as they shot glances back and forth to each other.

"Umm honey? Is there something wrong," CL asked breaking the silence.

He cleared his throat before looking at both of them, "Well as a matter of fact yes there is."

"What is it? What's wrong," Minzy quickly asked with panick in her eyes and voice.

"There seems to be an uprising amongst the people in the kingdom," he answered.

"An uprising? What do you mean by this," Minzy asked as she placed her apple down giving him her full attention.

"My queen it's nearly been eight months since your disappearance and the people have become a bit uneasy."

"Yes we knew this might have happened," CL cut in.

"Yes I know that, but some people are getting anxious as to why the queen has been away for so long. Everyone feels as though the king has threatened the queen into some kind of banishment or even worse put to death."

"So my people think I'm dead," Minzy stated more so than asking it as a question.

"Only a few, most people feel that you are kept away hidden by the king," Top said giving her a reassuring smile as if the other option he offered was better than the first. 

"Exactly what is this uprising then," CL asked refocusing the conversation.

"Oh right, well word has it that there are many who are starting to speak out against the king. One being the noble Taeyang."

"Taeyang? That's no surprise, he's been after the king for as long as I can remember," Minzy cut in.

Top nodded in understanding, "Yes that's true. But this time around he has a better shot now that you are out of the picture."

"What do you mean by that," Minzy asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"The people love and miss you my queen, they really do," Top began. This comment made Minzy's heart skip a beat, but she forced herself to continue to listen. "Taeyang is using you as the bait to pursuade people on to his side and boy is it working."

"What do you mean by that," CL asked as she watched her husband sigh.

"Rumor has it that Taeyang has gathered an army together to go up against the king. He uses you my queen to get alliance amongst the people in our kingdom. Promising them that he will restore things back to order as the new king." He paused and leaned closer as he whispered, "His army grows stronger by the minute."

Minzy couldn't help but entertain the thoughts of Taeyang becoming king. Could he really be a better king than GD? She shook her head knowing the answer, "He couldn't possibly be the king."

"Why not?"

She sighed as she began to explain, "He is too greedy. All he seeks is power."

"But isn't the king greedy? I mean look at how he's treated you. Our very own beloved queen," CL said making Minzy cringe.

It was true what CL had said, but putting aside her relationship with the king he still was a good king to the people. "You're right, but he loves the people."

"No he doesn't! If he truly loved us he would've given up his past life and stayed faithful to you. He brings nothing but shame to the kingdom..." CL began her rant.

"Don't you think I know that," Minzy cut in being fed up. "It hurts me so much to know that I was never good enough to help him forget his past." The tears were quickly blurring her vision as she let them freely fall but she didn't care these feelings were past over due. "If the king fails then I fail as well."

"But..."

"NO LET ME FINISH," Minzy nearly shouted as she clenched her fists. "Though the king and I have our differences, I left for my own greedy and selfish reasons. I couldn't handle it anymore. I let my feelings cloud my judgement which led me here at this moment. So if anything we both are to blame." Minzy placed her face into her hands as she began to sob. How could she have let her disappearance cause such a mess in the kingdom? It was her responiblity to keep the peace in the kingdom, but here she was doing the opposite.

Minzy felt warm arms wrap around her and she let her head fall into the person's chest, "My queen do not over stress yourself over this matter. You must be tired after such a tiring day. How about you get some rest and we can talk about this tomorrow?" She could only sob, not finding the words to speak. How had she become so tongue tied? She was the queen with many words, but as of lately she couldn't say much and let her actions speak the words she couldn't express.

"Minzy? Minzy he's right. I'm sorry for letting my mouth run away with me again. You know how I can get really passionate when I talk about things," CL softly spoke.

"Yes we know," the deep voice spoke before chuckling. The vibration of his hearty chuckle as he held Minzy, helped sooth her sobbing.

"Shut up," CL spat as she pushed at his arm.

Minzy pulled out of Top's embrace and smiled at the lovely couple, "Thank you both. I think Top is right. I should get some rest, it's probably because I've become more tired as of lately that I over reacted. Please forgive me CL."

"My queen I should be the one apologizing."

"Yeah let her do it. It's a rare occassion to see her apologize for her wrong," Top cut in earning him another push at the arm.

"Oh gosh you can be so annoying you know that," CL rolled her eyes at her husband who made a face at her. This made Minzy laugh as CL got up and reached a hand out to her, "Let's leave this little boy to himself and get you to bed so you can get some rest."

"Thank you," Minzy smiled as she accepted the help up.

"Sometimes I wonder if I married a little boy," CL whispered to Minzy as she was helping her to her room.

"I heard that," Top's voice echoed.

"Good, I was hoping you could hear me," CL called back as she guided Minzy into the room before shutting the door. "Men," CL sighed as she helped Minzy ease onto her bed.

"I know," Minzy laughed before gasping as her body finally came in contact with the bed. "Oh this feels so much better."

CL smiled down at her as she began to pull up the covers on Minzy, "You know you need to stay off your feet. I don't know why you keep walking around like it's nothing."

"I don't know what you're going on about," Minzy shrugged.

CL laughed as she sat on the bed next to Minzy as she placed her hand onto her stomach, "You know exactly what I mean."

Minzy put her hand on top of CL's and smiled, "I know." She paused as her smile faded, "I'm just scared."

"I understand, but you still need to take care of yourself."

"But what if I loose this baby too?!"

"You're not going to loose your baby."

"How do you know," Minzy asked feeling her tears b the surface again.

CL sighed as she lightly began to rub Minzy's stomach, "I just know. It's a mother's instinct."

"I just don't know how this ended up this way. I just lost one baby and now here I am about to loose another," her voice cracked as the painful memories of her first baby's death came to mind.

CL took Minzy by the cheeks to look her in the eyes as she gave her a motherly smile, "You are not going to loose this baby you here me?"

"But..."

"There's no buts about this. Trust me Minzy." CL bent down and placed a loving kiss on top of her head before exiting.

Minzy let her tears freely escape onto her cheeks as she thought about what CL had just said. Never had Minzy cried so much in such a short period of time. It felt as though she was always crying letting out all of her emotions she had held in from living in that prision like palace. "Baby are you going to leave me too," Minzy cried as she held her stomach. She felt a light kick and sighed not knowing if she should rejoice or grieve.   

 

Author's Notes:

Okay I seriously forced myself to sit down and write this chapter. idk i've just been more so in the mood to read instead of writing hehe. but don't worry i've been listening to 2ne1- it hurts to put me in the mood to write. thanks for reading and commenting. you all are just great at predicting before i can write it up haha. <3