Chapter Four

By His Side

Minzy was impressed to see GD in fresh new clothes as he sat beside her. She plastered a smile onto her face as she felt him take her hand in his. For this moment, only for this moment she would reward him by not cursing him in her mind. She grinned to herself as she was proud that something got through that thick skull of his for once. Now if only she could find a way to get other things through to him.

 

She propped herself up with a pillow behind her back as she waited for GD to do his nightly routine. The thought of going a little easier on him crossed her mind as a token of appreciation. Maybe such little rewards would draw his attention towards her way for once. As she was weighing out the choices of how to react to him this night she glanced over to her door to see the door knob starting to turn. For a split second she felt her heart skip a beat as she held her chest to not over react over silly little things.

It felt like an eternity of waiting as she locked her eyes onto the handle. What was taking him so long? The turning slowly came to a stop, and she was a little confused at why he was being so hesitant. Minzy tried to listen quietly and thought she had heard footsteps walk away. She shrugged her shoulders thinking that maybe he forgot something, and he'd probably be back in a little.

 

She sat in amazement, unsure what exactly was happening. It felt like hours of waiting and still GD had not come to her. What in the world was going on? Sighing as she finally gave in, she pushed the covers aside as she reached for the door. Minzy pressed her ear against the door and heard nothing outside. She then slowly cracked open the door letting herself scan the hall to find no one there. She pouted as she opened the door all of the way and stepped out. The halls were dark and empty. There was something wrong, there had to be. This was so unlike him to leave without saying goodbye to her, well if  not her then to the baby.

Minzy walked bare foot, feeling the cool ground beneath her feet as she was heading towards GD's living quarters.

"Is everything alright," a voice called startling her a little bit.

"Huh," she turned to see Seungri standing there. "Oh no, everything is quite alright."

"You can't sleep?"

She grinned as she nodded before she continued to walk into the nearby hallway.

"He's not here," he said.

Minzy turned to him a little confused, "What do you mean he's not here?"

"He already left my lady."

"Bu...but..." she was at loss for words. She couldn't believe him until she saw for her own eyes as she approached GD's door and peeked in to find an empty dark room. Minzy frowned to herself, as she was a little taken aback that he'd never pulled this stunt before.

"You should get some rest," Seungri spoke as he gave a gentle squeeze to her shoulder.

She looked up and gave him a weak grin and nodded as she headed back to her room. Laying in bed she crused herself for having a stupid idea of going easy on him. Minzy pulled all the covers snugg against her body, hoping that they would gave her some kind of warmth and block out the thoughts that clouded her mind.

 

Minzy looked at her red eyes from not finding any rest from the night before. As much as she wanted to rest, her mind was too occupied to allow her to do so. She threw cool water onto her face and tried her best to put on enough makeup to cover up her tired face.

 

Her head ached a little as the bright reflections shown everywhere. She forced her eyes to stay open, even if they wanted to close from the lack of sleep and brightly lit room.

"Whatever is the matter my dear," King GD asked as he squeezed her hand.

She only grined as she slightly turned to look at him, "I just couldn't sleep last night."

"Oh really? I would've thought otherwise since there was no disturbances last night," he spoke with matter of face tone.

Minzy quietly coughed a laugh as she cursed at him under her breath, "So that's why..." Her voice trailed off letting him finish her sentence to himself.

He nodded as he flashed her a smile, "Maybe that's for the better."

Minzy sat tall as she shook her head, "No, I actually enjoy company before I rest. It helps me sleep better."

"No I really feel strongly impressed that you need all the rest you can possibly get," he protested.

She took a glance around to make sure no one was looking before she turned to glare at him, "So what are you saying my dear?"

"I will let my precious queen and child rest easy at night from here on out," he answered as he pressed his lips to the top of her hand and smiled at her to end the conversation.

She could only bring herself to nod her head and quickly look away before her fury unleashed in front of everyone.

 

Minzy quietly sat in her thrown as she thought about what he had just said. She did her best to hold herself together, but it didn't help with him squeezing her hand from time to time to make her glance over to him as he flashed her a smile.  His smile and touch made her stomach churn. With her free hand she held onto her stomach, hoping that she wouldn't vomit right then and there. But knowing that GD was right next to her, made her subconsicously gag.

Finding the strength to hold it down, Minzy gracefully excused herself and quickly walked to her room. She rushed over to the nearest vase and released the content that was dying to escape. Minzy heaved with a few more gags as the vomit was clearing out of her air way. She couldn't help but whimper as the tears flowed freely. She trembled as she placed her back against the nearest wall and slid onto the ground.

She tried her best to muffle up her crying, just in case there were any passerbys. Minzy wiped at , trying to wipe off the vomit that was still on her. She then placed both hands on either sides of her stomach and bit down hard on her lower lip letting herself cry.

 

Even though King GD had basically told her that he would no longer see her before she slept she still waited. She didn't want to believe that he would do such things. Minzy convinced herself that maybe she didn't full understand what he meant and misinterpreted what he was saying.

She could've sworn her heart was actually in her ears as her heart beat pounded loudly. It was drowning out her surrounding as she grew anxious by the minute. As time came for his usual appearance, she sat starring at the door, hoping and desperately wishing he'd walk through that door. But as time passed her shoulders slumped forward in defeat. She couldn't believe him. How could he do this to her? The only time she had to freely express herself to him was now gone.