Chapter Three

By His Side

"You may take your leave, I'll discuss this further with the king," Minzy smiled down at the commoner.

"Thank you my lady," he bowed with such deep respect before he left.

"Seungri can you please let the next one in," Minzy moved her hand forward, motioning over to the door.

Seungri quickly obeyed and escorted the next commoner in, "Here you are my lady."

She nodded to him before she looked to see a strong and what looked liked a dignifed man, "What may I help you with sir?"

He knelt on one knee and bowed his head, "My queen my poor wife is very ill and I have no way to take care of her, or our four children and to somehow find time to work our farm land."

"So what is it that you are seeking from me?"

He looked up through watery eyes, "Please help me save our farm land. As much as I've been trying to take care of my wife and children it doesn't permit me enough time to work my land. If you could please send a few men to help me for at least a month, one or two would be fine if that's all you can spare. I just...I just can't do this all by myself." He paused as the tears fell, feeling ashamed that he couldn't be the man his family could depend on.

"Why not focus more on your farm land until you have enough crops to sustain you for a little while," she suggested.

He shook his head knowing she would say just that, "My queen I've thought of that, but there's no way I can leave my wife's side. I feel like her health is declining too fast. I need to be by her side."

Minzy felt compassion for this man that knelt before her. She could tell he was a hard working man and from the looks of it, it probably took a lot out of him to come and ask for help. "What is your name sir?"

He wiped at his tears as he tried to look up at her, "My name is Top my lady."

"Well Top, you must really love her..."

He nodded as he rose to his feet, "I would do anything for her!"

She paused and inwardly smiled to herself as she looked at this super hero before her, "I'm grateful to see that. But I'm sorry we can't just send one or two of my servants to help you."

Minzy watched as his posture slumped over, "I see..." he spoke feeling a bit humilitated after pouring his heart out in front of her.

"Yes I see that you need more than one or two workers. I'll send you a handful of them along with a doctor to see your wife and treat her."

His eyes widened at disbelief at what he was hearing, "Wha...my queen I don't know I could ever repay such gratitude."

"Continue to love your children and wife, and live well," she said.

He nodded as he exited with so much pride and hope filled inside of him.

"Seungri can you take care of Top's business and keep an eye out for him. I want to be informed on the health of his dear wife," Minzy instructed. She was intent to help this man that moved her deeply.

"Yes ma'am," he answered as he turned to let in the next person.

"Wait, not yet," voice called.

Seungri and Minzy looked to see King GD rush in and plop onto the thrown. He quickly ran his hand through his hair before placing the crown in its rightful place. As he did a few more adjustments he nodded for Seungri to continue.

"Seungri that's enough for today. Please apologize to everyone and explain that due to unexpected events we can no longer see anyone today," Minzy spoke.

"Yes my lady," Seungri bowed before he headed towards the doors.

"Wait...why must we not see them now," GD questioned.

As he did so, Seungri came to a halt and glanced over to Minzy who nodded for him to follow through with the task. He nodded back in understanding and did what he was told.

"Minzy why can't we see anyone," GD asked again.

"You have no room to talk with your disgusting appearance. Do you think I would allow people to see you in such conditions?! Didn't I tell you to not come in here with her stench on you," she began to shout.

"I...I had no time," he tried to argue.

Minzy stood as she glared down at him, "Well I don't have time for your pathetic excuses, and you call yourself a king." With that last part she saw a glimpse of pain in his eyes and found pleasure in it. She gave a victorious smirk before she walked away.

 

Minzy placed her crown onto the table as she starred into her reflection. Day by day she was losing herself. She placed a hand to her face watching her reflection do the same and slowly began to rub at her face. Rubbing and rubbing harder to try and erase the stranger that starred back at her. But she was still there to her dismay. She watched as she let her tears fall over her smeared makeup, hoping that they could wash away the stranger looking back at her.

After wipping off her makeup an expected knock came at her door. She didn't say a word as she reached for her brush and began to let it run through her hair.

"Minzy can we talk," King GD said as he walked through the door.

She continued to brush at her hair, knowing all too well he would invade her room and speak was on her mind whether she liked it or not.

"I think that you should let me take care of petty business things, we shouldn't have you worrying over little things such as dealing with commoners."

She paused as the memory of Top appeared in her mind. Whether his wife knew it or not, Minzy envied her, "It's not a worry, but a responsiblity. Taking care of such petty commoners is the purpose of a queen."

"But your little episode earlier today, how do you explain that?"

"How could you ask that? There doesn't need to be an explanation for that," she snapped. "Don't try to use that as an excuse to remove me from my place."

"Minzy it's not like that," he interuppted.

She stood to look in dead in the eyes and spoke through gritted teeth, "Don't you deny it, it is like that! Now leave!" Minzy pointed to her door not wanting to discuss it further.

"I'm the king damn it," he shouted.

"Then act like one," she shouted with just as much volume. "Leave that mistress alone and act like a real king!"

The room grew silent as she waited for his answer. She already knew it, but maybe, just maybe he would surprise her.

GD shifted from side to side as he thought about what she had just said. He then glanced with pleading eyes, not being able to speak. Minzy lifted her arm once more and pointed at the door as she glared with so much hate in her eyes. GD gazed at her with regret, but she stood her ground as she watched him leave...again.

Minzy's knees gave in as she fell to the ground. She choked on the emotions that were bottled up from the day's events, making her gag. She continued to gag until the emotions finally escaped her lips into a full out cry for help.

 

 

Author's Notes: Yes I know I'm making GD into a real punk, sorry! I can't help it, my imagination gets the best of me sometimes. Thanks for reading!