Chapter Thirty-three

By His Side

"My lady I don't understand," Teddy asked with a frown on his face of worry.

"There is nothing to try to understand Teddy. What you are asking, should not be asked by you in the first place."

"I understand my lady, I apologize for over stepping my boundaries," he bowed apologetically. "I'm just worried for you and the king."

"What is there to be worried about," Minzy asked not understanding why he was so worried.

"I just don't feel it is in your best interest to heal here any longer."

"In the kingdom's best interest or for the king's," she challenged his comment.

"Both," he boldly spoke with a fatherly tone.

She bit her lower lip out of frustration. Though he was indeed a bit older than her, she was still the queen, "The kingdom, along with the king did fine without me for a year. I think they can afford a couple more days."

"Don't do this, please."

She let out a sigh of frustration as she gave him a hard look, "You are making this into a bigger deal than it needs to be." She paused as she pointed to herself, "I am going to stay here for a couple days and that is final!"

"My queen please do not confuse yourself with a commoner. Royalty runs through your veins whether you like it or not."

"Teddy," she growled feeling fed up. "Don't you think I know this?!"

"Do you," he challenged her as he cocked an eye brow up at her. He sighed as he softened his gaze at her, "My lady just because the king has made his share of mistakes, doesn't put you in the right to do them as well."

"I do not understand what you are saying Teddy, clarify the meaning behind your words," she hissed feeling agitated.

"You are the queen, the backbone to this great kingdom. Though the head of this kingdom is weak, we need your strength to help support, lift, and turn the head of our kingdom into the right direction."

"I understand."

"Then if you understand, you would not be arguing this any further and allow me to take you back to the palace," he raised his voice out of frustration as he pointed to the door.

"I..." she was at a loss for words for what he had just said as she stared at him not knowing how to respond to that.

Sighing deeply, he bowed before standing, "I do not mean any disrespect my lady, but coming from your servant we need you back at the palace before you lose sight of what is important."

"My son is of utmost importance to me. He comes before anything, even my own life," she replied with confidence.

"Then bring your son with you."

"I can't," she shook her head at his nonsense. "I can't do that Teddy."

"Then what are you going to do?"

She felt herself on the verge of tears as CL stepped forward, "I think it's time for you to leave."

"Yes please, we have young children here," Top stood next to his wife.

"Well I thank you both for allowing me in your home," Teddy nodded in gratitude. "I will take my leave as you wish..."

"Grab my things," Minzy cut him off causing everyone to look her. "I will be coming with you."

"Minzy, don't be silly you..."

"Thank you CL," Minzy stopped her in mid sentence before looking back at Teddy. "I need some of my belongings in my room. They are on my night stand. Will you please grab them?"

"Yes my lady," Teddy bowed.

"Top will you please let him in my room?"

"Sure," he nodded as he quickly left before CL could give him the eye.

"Minzy are you crazy?! You don't have to do this," CL crouched down by her. "You are the queen, but you are human. You need a break as well."

Minzy sighed knowing CL could never grasp her thinking, "CL you are right, I am the queen. It is the reason why I must return back tonight."

"Here they are my lady," Teddy quickly reappeared before CL could argue back.

"Thank you, now please ready the carriage for me before you come and get me," she instructed.

"Yes my lady," he nodded as he quickly exited the house.

"Minzy why do you have to go right now? Can't you just stay like you were supposed to for a couple of days," Bom asked as she ran to her side.

She mirrored her pout as she brushed Bom's hair to the side, "Bom sometimes plans change when there are some things that you need to do that are very important."

"We're ready to go my lady," Teddy rushed into the house.

Minzy sighed as she was going to instruct Teddy to pick her up, to feel herself already being lifted. "Ahh!" She yelped as she looked to see Dongwook scooping her up in his arms. "Will you quit doing that," she squeaked causing everyone to laugh except for Teddy.

"But it's funny," he teased as he steadied her in his arms.

"I can take her," Teddy stepped forward, ready to take her in his arms.

Dongwook shook his head as he stepped forward, "That's okay I can take her."

But Teddy stood still as to stop him from moving, "No thank you, I will take her."

Minzy didn't understand the hard look on Teddy's face and glanced over to Dongwook who mirrored it. "Umm...Teddy please move so that Dongwook can take me to the carriage. I would like to go before I change my mind."

With that she watched as Teddy sighed in defeat and stepped aside for Dongwook to move. "Thank you, now was that so hard," Dongwook teased as he moved forward.

Minzy chuckled as she elbowed Dongwook in the gut, "Be nice!"

"He started it," he chuckled along with her as he carefully placed her in the carriage before jumping in alongside her.

"Umm..." both Minzy and Teddy looked at him unsure of what he was doing.

"What are you doing," Minzy asked as she watched him craddle her foot onto his lap.

"I'm coming along to make sure your foot is secure," he shrugged off their glances as if what he said was nothing.

"But you can't come with us to the palace," Teddy said through gritted teeth.

"Yeah Dongwook, thanks for carrying me into the carriage but you seriously don't have to."

"But I want to," he smiled at her.

She sighed as she glanced over to Teddy who gave her a look to make him get out, "But you won't have a ride back."

"Top will follow us, right Top," Dongwook called out of the carriage to see his brother nod and wave. "See I got it covered."

"Fine, let's just go," Minzy gave in.

"But..."

"It's too late to argue and I'm getting really tired," Minzy shook her head as she felt tired from all the arguing.

"Fine," Teddy huffed as he gave Dongwook a hard look before closing the door.

Meanwhile Dongwook chuckled as he made a funny face to imitate Teddy, "Wow he's so serious."

"He's my top guard, can you blame him?"

"True," he nodded as the carriage was being pulled away.

 

During the ride to the palace Minzy and Dongwook talked about random things like the weather and the dinner they didn't get to eat. It was such a pleasant ride for Minzy until the palace came into view. She was quiet as she thought about the conversation she had with Teddy earlier.

"Don't stress it," Dongwook cut into her train of thoughts.

"Hmm," she grinned as she turned to look at him.

"Don't stress over it," he repeated himself.

She shrugged her shoulders as she gazed back at the palace, "How can I not? I won't get to see my baby for a long time. Who knows when my foot will heal enough for me to go visit him back at the farm."

"I can help with that," he said as he took her hand in his to get her attention.

"How?"

"I'll just bring him to you," he simply said as if it was nothing.

"Bring him to me?!"

"Yeah, I'll sneak him in each night so that you can see him," he smiled brightly at his brilliant idea.

"But...that is asking way too much of you. I think you've done way too much for me already my handsome Savior," she shook her head not wanting to burden him any further.

"I know what you're thinking," he looked at her seriously.

"And what exactly do you think that I am thinking," she teasingly challenged him.

"You're thinking I won't do it." 

"No I'm thinking the complete opposite. But no thank you. I really don't want to burden you. You've done more than enough."

"Whatever you say won't change my mind. We'll be by tomorrow night." 

She sighed as she shook her head, "Dongwook why are you doing this to me?"

"Because I like being your handsome Savior," he grinned in a way that made her somewhat nervous and giddy inside.

"We're here," Teddy spoke up breaking the silence that Minzy hadn't realized there was between her and Donwook.

"Oh...umm..." Minzy bit her lower lip nervously running her hand through her hair as she looked to Teddy. "Could you..."

"Please move out the way so that I can take Minzy in," Dongwook cut in as he hopped down awaiting for her to scoot into his arms.

Teddy shook his head as he stepped next to Dongwook, tapping him on the shoulder, "I can take it from here."

"There's no need, I'm very capable of taking her myself." He turned his attention back to Minzy with a smile, "Are you ready?"

She nodded as she avoided the death glares from Teddy and moved into Dongwook's strong arms. "At least have the decency to hide yourself from those who might be roaming the palace," Teddy spoke up rather loudly, displeased at the sight before him.

"Teddy hush," Minzy gave him a stern look as they entered the palace.

"It doesn't matter, let them see. I'm her handsome Savior after all," he spoke indifferent to all the rude comments Teddy continued to breathe underneath his breath.

Minzy shook her head at the men being so childish. She coughed purposly to get their attention as they approached the stairs, "Hush the both of you! We must not wake the king understood!"

"Yes my lady," Teddy said before pressing his lips tightly together.

She nudged Dongwook in the gut to get him to look down to be met with a serious look, "I was talking to you too!"

He sighed as he nodded, "Sure."

"Good," she grinned as they quietly went up the stairs.

The walk to her room was so quiet, there was no way the king could have possibly heard them as they entered into her room. Minzy grinned to herself as she was carefully laid down as Teddy went about propping her foot up with various pillows.

She let a sigh of relief as she smiled to both men, "See, good team work!"

"Sure," the both of them mumbled.

She chuckled as she gazed over to Teddy, "You should go home and get some rest. You must be exhausted, so I want you to sleep in for a bit. And if you don't follow orders I will hurt you!"

"Yes my lady," Teddy gave her a grateful grin before it faded when he gazed over to Dongwook. "But I cannot leave until our guest leave as well."

Minzy nodded in understanding as she glanced over to Dongwook who frowned, "I'm not a guest!"

"Yes you are! And you need to go back and get some rest as well," she nodded. "Go please, the both of you get some sleep."

"Alright, only if you do the same," Dongwook said as he bent down and lightly kissed the top of her head. "Good night my fair lady."

She tried to ignore the fact that she could feel her cheeks heating up, especially since Teddy was there burning holes through him as he stood there. "Thank you my handsome Savior. Travel safely."

He nodded as he pressed his lips against her ear, "See you tomorrow night."

"Ummhmm..." she could only nod as he winked at her before turning to leave.

"My queen..." Teddy called to get her attention from the daze she was in.

"Hmm," she turned to look at him.

"Please remember who you are," he warned more so than he asked before he bowed to leave.

As she was finally left alone she let out a deep sigh. Minzy held her chest as she tried to block out this day to get some rest for tomorrow.