Chapter Nineteen

By His Side

Minzy grew nervous as the month passed. Any day now she could have the baby, but she wouldn't let herself entertain the thought that God would let her keep this baby.

"Minzy we're going to go to the barn really quick and check on Bessy. She's still a little sick," CL said as her and Bom got ready to go out.

"How long will you girls take," Minzy asked not trying to sound panicked. She had become more and more paranoid in the past month at being left alone. She didn't like the feelings that crept into her mind of being alone. It gave her negative feelings of weakness and sadness.

CL smiled as she squeezed her dear friend's arm, "Don't worry we're right out the house and it'll be quick."

Bom smiled along with her mom as she rubbed Minzy's stomach, "Yes we'll make it quick. We have to come back and take care of you and the baby."

Minzy embraced Bom and placed a kiss at the top of her head before letting them go. She sighed as the door closed. She felt really pathetic at the fact of not being able to of being alone. Her and Bom had become so close during her pregnancy. Bom literaly took care of Minzy day and night. It got to the point where Bom was sleeping in Minzy's room every night. Minzy used the baby as the excuse, but deep down it was because she didn't want to be alone. She shivered and embraced herself as she sat by herself. Loneliness was like second nature in the palace, but not there. She couldn't explain what she was going through, but whatever it was she had to find a way to over come it.

Suddenly the front door burst open making Minzy jump. She looked to see Top with worried filled eyes, "Where's CL?"

"Umm...she's in the barn," Minzy pointed into the direction and with only a nod he ran to where CL and Bom were.

The boys came running in as they wrapped their arms around Minzy hugging her tightly, "Hey boys. How was town?"

Don frowned as he looked at her, "It was short."

"Hey baby," Deuk smiled as he rubbed Minzy's stomach. "Have you been taking good care of your mom?"

"Yeah it was. Didn't you guys leave only a few hours ago?"

Don nodded, "Yeah, but dad was talking to a couple people in town and quickly rushed into the wagon saying that we needed to come home."

"Really? That's odd."

"Minzy," CL breathed as she rushed into the house.

Minzy smiled at the woman who now wore a worried look on her face, "Yes?"

CL walked up to Minzy and hugged her before shewing her sons away, "Minzy it's not safe to stay here any more."

"What do you mean it's not safe? What's going on?"

"The war is starting," Top answered as he walked in holding Bom in his arms.

Minzy's eyes widdened, "Really?"

CL nodded as she took Minzy's hands in hers, "It's said that Taeyang's army are heading this way as we speak."

"What do we do," Minzy asked looking back and forth at the couple.

"We leave first thing in the morning," Top said.

"What," both women looked to him in shock.

He nodded, "We'll take what we need and..."

Suddenly the ground started to shake and the intensity grew making everyone in the house huddle together. Top rushed over to the window and gasped making the rest of them follow. Minzy pushed her way to see an army of horses heading straight towards the house.

"Hurry, hide," Top told everyone.

CL and Minzy took the children and ran to the furthest room to hide. CL and Minzy hovered over the scared children as they tried to calm themselves down.

"What do you think is happening," CL whispered to Minzy.

"I don't know," she answered honestly as she moved close to the door to listen. But there was nothing. She figured he must've gone outside to face them. "I'm going to see what's going on," Minzy said as she pushed herself up.

"What?! Don't go out there," CL whispered loudly.

"It's okay," Minzy smiled at her before exiting the room. She made her way to the window and looked to see Top talking to someone who looked to be the leader on his horse. She took a deep breath and forced herself outside.

"Please we don't want any trouble," Top said holding his hands up in the air.

"Where does your alliance fall," the man glared down at Top.

"With me," Minzy cut in causing the man and Top to look up at her.

Both men gasped as Minzy walked over to them. "My queen! You're alive!"

"Are you the one leading this army," Minzy asked avoiding his comment.

He quickly shook his head, "No."

"Then I would like to speak to your leader right away," she demanded.

"Umm...yes my lady," the man said before he quickly took off.

Top took Minzy by the shoulders, "What are you doing?"

"I'm saving you all. It's the least I can do!"

"My queen don't do this, we can just leave. Don't do this," Top pleaded as he looked down to her stomach hoping she would get the hint.

She sighed and looked past him to see a couple of men riding back, "No I need to do this." She moved to the side and watched as she could make out the figure leading the rest of his group and sure enough it was Taeyang.

"My lady," Taeyang gasped as he jumped off of his horse and rushed over to her.

She raised her hand to stop him from coming to her and he did just that. "Let's talk." She watched as his eyes widened when he saw her belly and she quickly turned to the house. "Follow me." She took a seat holding back the sigh of relief as she motioned for him to take a seat. He nodded in understanding and took the seat nearest to him.

"How have you been my queen? We've searched far and..."

"What is the meaning of this? Why are you scarring innocent families such as this one?"

He cleared his throat and nodded as Top stood by Minzy. He was trying to figure out if he was Minzy's new found love, but was caught off when Minzy repeated herself. "Oh umm...sorry my queen. We don't mean to scare anyone."

"If you don't intend on scarring anyone then why start this war?"

"For you," he said narrowing his eyes. "The king doesn't deserve to be king after what he put you through."

"Is it really just for me?"

"What are you trying to say?"

"Taeyang it is out of your greed that you want to rule the kingdom," Minzy spoke in a matter of fact tone.

"Yes it was for the kingdom," he began to somewhat shout making Top inch towards him, but Minzy held him in place. "I don't understand how things came out to be this way. I was supposed to be the king and rule with you," he said shaking his head. "You loved me didn't you? But your parents felt that he was a better fit for you."

"Top can you leave us," Minzy asked.

"But my queen," Top whispered.

She gave him a grin and nodded, "Please we need to talk this out."

"Okay," he reluctantly said as he gave Taeyang a warning glare before disappearing into the hallway.

"Taeyang?" She sighed as she looked at Taeyang who had tear filled eyes.

"We were like best friends when we were young. Then he had to come into the picture and mess things up," he said wipping at the tears.

"Taeyang we can't go back to the past," she softly spoke.

"He doesn't deserve you," he growled. "I will over throw him and take my rightful place with you by my side."

As much as Minzy wanted to reach out and hold him she couldn't. She was still the queen and she had to hold her ground. "Taeyang you need to move on with your life and find you a good woman."

"And that mistress, how could he do that to you."

"How is she," Minzy was surprised along with Taeyang as to her tone of concern she spoke.

"Umm...she's been trying to to have a baby with the king and can't seem to. I feel like it's God cursing her and the king for their actions. She thinks that by somehow having a baby that she can win the people's heart over." 

"How do you know this? I've never heard this."

He smirked, "Because she and I spent one night together." Minzy gasped as he continued. "She thought that maybe it was because GD couldn't give her a baby and I gladly offered to help. Too bad it didn't work I thought we made real progress all night long." He let out a devilish laugh making Minzy glare at him.

"Taeyang! Doesn't she know that she just slept with the enemy?!"

He let out an evil laugh, "Now she does and I am holding it over her head."

"How?"

"She is going to tell me of the moves that the king will be making during the war," he continued to smirk at his evil plot.

"Taeyang," Minzy spoke softly bringing him out of his crazy ideas. "Don't do this."

"Why not?"

"For your own good."

"For my own good," he coughed a laugh as he narrowed his eyes at her stomach. "Look at what not doing anything led you. To hide out."

It was a stab to the heart and she knew that was well deserved as she nodded, "You're right."

"So let me kill him and I will bring you back to the kingdom and put you in your rightful place."

"Leave me out of this," she glared at him.

"Why? You are the queen and you shouldn't be living in a place like this especially since you're...you know," he said nodding to her stomach.

"Pregnant," Minzy finished his sentence and watched as he cringed at her saying it. "Taeyang please realize that we were only meant to be friends and nothing more."

"But what if I do kill the king, then what?"

"I..." she paused and thought about it. "It won't happen." He hissed as she continued, "If you have any ounce of respect for me then you and your army will leave this farm land and not involve me or the people here."

"Are they your new family? Minzy you don't belong with commoners. Your world is with royalty," he reminded her.

"Yes I know and in due time I will go back. But seeing as we are in the midst of war, my timing has not come yet."

He stood to his feet and looked down at her, "Then I will win this war and when the time comes I will come back for you and make you my queen."

She exhaled deeply feeling pain in her head as Taeyang left. She rubbed at her forehead and felt the ground shaking. Within seconds Top was at the window and watched the army moved past the farmland.

"Are you okay," Bom came running as she wrapped her arms around Minzy's neck.

Minzy smiled as she held Bom back, "I'm fine sweetie. I just had to talk with an old friend."

 

Minzy sat at the table with CL and Top. "So you and Taeyang," CL said.

"CL," Top glared at her.

Minzy smiled over at Top, "It's okay. Yes me and Taeyang. I knew him ever since I was young. We used to be the best of friends." She smiled as the thoughts of her childhood came rushing through her mind of her and Taeyang. "Don't worry he will keep his word and leave this farmland alone, so we don't have to go anywhere."

"But what about you? He knows you're here," CL asked.

"It's better that way. This way I won't be able to run away any more."

"So you think he'll really become the next king," Top asked.

Minzy shrugged her shoulders, "Who knows. Only time will tell."

 

 

Author's Notes:

OMO OMO! This chapter made me laugh, I have no idea where this came from. I was typing away and this is where my imagination led me...super random haha! Thanks for reading and commenting! <3