Chapter Twenty-two

By His Side

Seungri rushed up to her and embraced her tightly, "I've finally found you."

She smiled to herself as she hugged him back, "It's good to see you too Seungri." He pulled away and looked at her face. She looked different to him, but at the same time she didn't. "What's that look for," she asked with a grin.

He shook his head and embraced her again, "I don't know. You just look different." A sudden thought came to mind and he pulled away looking her up and down, "Are you hurt?"

She laughed as she pushed his hand away, "No I'm not."

"It's nearly been a year since you left my queen," he sighed.

Minzy looked over to Top and CL nodded that it was okay, "Can we have some privacy?"

"Sure," CL smiled as her and Top headed over to her bedroom.

She took a seat at the kitchen table and motioned for him to follow. He smiled at her and she couldn't help but feel a bit sad. He looked tired and warn, it must've been the doing of the war. Reaching out and taking her hand in his he grinned, "Do you know how long those eleven months felt?"

It was a prick to the heart knowing that look was all her doing, "I'm sorry." She felt like crying when she saw his eyes watering. "I'm so sorry Seungri," Minzy cried as she put her head onto their hands.

He sighed as he embraced her, "Just don't do it again okay?"

She nodded as she got back up to meet his gaze, "I promise."

He gave her a half hearted grin, "So tell me why you left? You knew I was coming back for you."

Her hands began to tremble and she guessed that he felt it as he gave her hand a squeeze, "Please forgive me Seungri." This caused her to cry harder as she felt ashamed at her selfishness. "I was being selfish in leaving." Seungri took her in his arms as she continued to cry, "I don't think I deserve to be queen. I'm so weak. I thought I was strong enough to be by the king's side, but I was wrong. Look at me!" All her bottled up feelings were now being poured out. It took almost a year to bury her pain, to have it thrown in her face again in one night.

"My queen don't speak such silly things."

"It's true Seungri! How can I be a queen when I gave up? When you drove away that was the last straw," she continued to sob as the memories started to flood her mind. After a long while of crying in silence, Minzy was able to calm herself. She sat in his strong embrace letting the tears stain her cheeks and soak his shirt. "How did I become so pathetic?"

Seungri pulled back just enough to look down at her and grin as he began to wipe her cheeks, "Even the queen makes mistakes. It's okay it's part of human nature."

She bit her lip as she nodded, "Yeah but I'm the queen that everyone looks up to. But look at the mess I've caused. A war! I know the people hate me."

"My lady the people don't hate you. They love and miss you dearly, just as I did."

Minzy shook her head not believing him, "Even if I return what about the king?"

Seungri frowned and nodded in understanding, "I understand my queen."

"Do you think I can really go back when she's there?! Because I won't," she spat.

He sighed as he pulled away, "My queen I know this may sound wrong, but she really is a good person at heart." She coughed a laugh as he continued, "Dara has suffered a lot since she's lived at the palace and is suffering more now that the king doesn't want anything to do with her."

"She deserves it," the anger spoke through Minzy.

"My queen I don't think you fully understood the situation."

"Then enlighten me," she said with a serious look.

"It is actually the king's doing that it turned out this way. Dara was his past love and couldn't seem to let her go. She tried so hard to push him away when he became king, but he always came to her. She couldn't fight the feelings she had for him any longer and gave in."

"So what are you trying to say, that I should forgive her? Forgive her for every night that I begged him to stay when he instead he would always leave to go to her?! I was his wife! I was the queen! I did everything in my power. I even tried to give him a son and look where that got us," she nearly shouted out of frustration.

"I know you're upset..."

"I'm more than upset Seungri! I'm angry and hurt! I gave it my all but it wasn't ever enough," she whispered the last part as she hung her head. "I...was never enough."

"My queen don't think like that! You are more than enough. But when you're in love it's hard to let it go."

"I KNOW SEUNGRI! DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT," Minzy spat right back. She rose to her feet and walked to the front door opening it, "Can you please leave it's getting late."

"We aren't done talking."

"There's children here and they need to sleep!"

"Then let's take this conversation back to the palace where it belongs!"

She looked out to the dark night avoiding his eye contact, "I can't."

"My lady!"

Minzy sighed as she softened her gaze when she looked to Seungri. She had put him through a lot and she knew it and to think of it he was the only one who was truly there for her when she was at the palace. "Seungri?"

"Yes?" She closed the door as she took a seat. Wringing her hands together she bit her lower lip trying to figure out how to tell him about Daesung. "My queen?"

up the courage she looked him dead in the eyes, "I have a son."

He nodded, "Yes I know you had a son."

She shook her head knowing he didn't understand, "No Seungri, I have a son."

"What?" As if CL read her mind, she walked out towards them and placed the baby into Minzy's arms making Seungri gasp. "MY QUEEN!"

Minzy smiled down at her baby boy who rustled a little in her arms before looking at Seungri, "His name is Daesung." She walked up to Seungri and placed the small baby into his arms.

"He looks like you," Seungri smiled as he gently rocked the baby in his arms.

She chuckled as she nodded, "Thank goodness."

His smile faded as he looked to her, "Who is the father?"

"He's three months old. You do the math," her lip twitched to a grin and faded to a frown.

Seungri's eyes widened in understanding as he looked down to baby Daesung, "Your father doesn't even know you exist."

"That's how it should be."

"What?"

Minzy nodded, "We can't go back Seungri. I will not raise my son there with the king living in sin."

"My lady you have to for your son."

"I'm doing this for my son!"

"My lady..."

"Promise me Seungri that you will not tell the king."

"But..."

"Promise me!"

He nodded in understanding as he looked back down at the baby before handing it to Minzy, "I must go before the king gets suspicious."

Minzy nodded as she gave Seungri a hug, "Thank you!" He smiled as he disappeared into the night, leaving Minzy behind.

 

After that night weeks had passed and things seemed like they went back to normal. Minzy was out laughing with Bom and CL as they were picking various fruits for whatever they felt like making that night.

"Hey, hey, hey baby," Bom played with Daesung's arms to make him dance on her lap.

Minzy and CL laughed at the two as they were going about preparing the meal for that night when a knock came at the door. The women looked at each other and CL smiled as she walked over to answer it. Minzy tried to listen as to who it was while she continued to cut up the fruit.

CL reappeared with a serious look on her face, "Minzy someone is here to see you."

Minzy felt a little uneasy seeing the look on CL's face as she nodded. Placing the fruit down she walked in to the front to see Seungri. "Hey what's..." He stepped to the side revealing Dara.

 

Author's Notes:

DUN DUN DUN! I let out an evil laugh when I finished writing this chapter haha. Thanks for reading and all your comments! They seriously make my day! <3